• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old stuff, but underused at that

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Creative Response! Best answer for fill in the blank wins!
"Yeah, I missed the sarcasm because _______________"

Complete the sentence with a word or a phrase of your liking!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The d-tilt is undeniably not the best option but I've found it useful for shield poking spacies at moderate percentages and it sets up a solid tech chase be it a shffl'd aerial or wd->dsmash/fsmash. There are very few moves in the game that are truly useless.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The d-tilt is undeniably not the best option but I've found it useful for shield poking spacies at moderate percentages and it sets up a solid tech chase be it a shffl'd aerial or wd->dsmash/fsmash. There are very few moves in the game that are truly useless.
Sure, it can be good for shield poking, but if you're shield poking, that that means they're in their shield; and you can, and probably should grab them.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I think you guys should use the tornado more often. This one match I was playing as Doc, and I did down tilt and it knocked the guy behind me and then I did the tornado and moved it across the stage and hit him with the last hit of it. It was so cool. And that is why tornado is the best move in the game.

Gea

Smash Master
Assuming your partner knows about it, it would actually not be a bad setup.

As for the nado... I'll just... <.< Yeah.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Sure, it can be good for shield poking, but if you're shield poking, that that means they're in their shield; and you can, and probably should grab them.

The d-tilt has a longer range than the miniscule standing grab. If you're close enough to definitely get the grab, then it is definitely the better option but the d tilt is still an option when you're in that questionable area.

Gea

Smash Master
Dash JCgrab should be how you get the majority of your grabs anyways, and that does outrange dtilt.

otg

Smash Master
Ok, some fun stuff you can try on Spacies on stages with platforms (BF, Yoshi's, FoD). If your chainthrowing in the middle of the stage and you expect your opponent to DI towards the platform to escape, here are some options to follow up:

Try uthrow-> usmash on the last throw BEFORE they'll reach the stage. If they DI towards the platform you can use your normal platform tricks, but if they are at a high enough percent you can Uair into a finisher depending on DI.

If they DI away from the platform you can try for a grab again or just go for an Uair-> F/dsmash.

Another trick I like for racking up damage is to let them reach the platform and than full hop Dair them with a falling Uair as you pass by the platform.

Lastly on FoD, if you get spacies on one of the moving platforms you can juggle them hard with Utilt a few times and typically follow up with the usual Doc ****.

Doc on platforms is FUN!

otg

Smash Master
meh all that sounds kinda useless to me, i just chain throw until they hit the platform and bair off the edge; spacies are too easy to edge-guard XDD
That wouldn't work all the time, especially at the lowish percents I'm talking about (30-54%ish?). These are just a few ways I use platforms to assist Docs comboing. Bair is a good option but if they crouch cancel you're screwed, though it's nice if they tech towards the opposite end off the platform.

Just do w'e works for you.

Roman.

Smash Champion
you're not screwed but i know what you mean... it's kind of like a 50-50 chance if they don't cause you will knock them off and you can either do another bair or jump --> bair, all the spacies can do is fall or dj but it'd be a nice gimp. I do catch myself doing uthrow under a platform --> dair though XDD just too sexy

idk now that i think about it, i wouldn't mind mixing it up but one thing i like is usually they do go towards the platform so you can almost assure an uthrow --> usmash

Top Bottom