• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watta92

Smash Rookie
Hey Everybody!

My name is Patrick or Watta92 just whatever you want I guess! Uhm I'm from The Netherlands and a big Nintendo fan! First Nintendo system I played was the SNES ( who belonged to my dad) and the first game was Super Mario world and since then I have had all mayor consoles and almost all handhelds ( Only the GBA and of course the Virtual boy were missing) I'm not the biggest competitive player around but I've played all smash games yet and I'm looking forward to the new one for the wii U and 3DS.

O yeah I hope my English is good enough for this boards. and hope that my stay will be a fun one.

Bawr

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I'm Rob, 22, from the Netherlands, and I play SSBM.

Played the game since its release but only REALLY got into it like a year or so ago. I've learned a lot of tricks since then, but I feel like there's still SO much more to learn. I like competitive smashing but it's kind of hard for me since most tourneys are kind of far away from me, I'm a full time student, and I don't really have that much money. I consider myself an average player I guess, but it's really difficult for me to objectively rate myself, because I have so little relevant experience with other players to compare my level to.

Anyway, I have the ''basic'' advanced techniques (if that makes any sense) down ; wavedashing, jc'd attacks, shffl'ing, edgehogging, attacks out of shield, lil' bit of dash dancing, that kind of stuff. Mostly looking to improve my mind games atm, and for that I guess I just have to play a ****load of different players, so hoping this will get me some steady Smash-contacts from around my area.

Characters that I play : I consider Cap. Falcon to be my main, although I haven't played him that much recently. Still, I feel he is by far my best character. Been playing Mario a lot more lately, I think he's such a fun character, so mainly looking to improve my game with him. Also, I play a lil' bit of Yoshi now and then, but that **** is hard. Real hard.

Think I'll probably mostly be lurking for the next few weeks or so, just to find my way around the forums. Guess I'll be seeing you around here!

Cheers,
Rob

BY THE WAY I'm from around Eindhoven in the Netherlands, so if any Dutchies or other people that happen to be in the neighborhood wanna play a game or two, hit me up!

ILikePie2575

Smash Rookie
Well. Here goes nothing, I guess.
Hullo, I'm ILikePIe2575 but you can all me, Pie.

I'm a complete newbie to Smash and I want to get better at it. I've been engross with Smash since I recently saw the Smash Bros Documentary a while back and I've decided I want to better myself at the game and VGBC and CT all pointed me to Smashboards, so are there any tips you can give to a newbie such as myself?

Adriel3D

Smash Rookie
Hi, im adriel and im a big fan of nintendo my favorite game is pokemon play all the pokemon games also i got pokemon X and Y. also a fan of sonic, mario, tloz, mega man, kirby, metroid and super smash bros.
i decided to come here because i herd that sakurai takes character requests from all smash sites so i will try to make sakurai see mi requests in all smash sites
ps.:anyone here wants goku, luffy, shadow or moka in smash 4

joel17

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Community, I'm Joel.

I played SSB 64 and Melee with my brothers growing up but was not aware that there was a competitive scene behind the game. Makes me kind of sad because I feel had I known, I would have put some time and effort into becoming a member of this community and attend some events. I guess it's better now than never. I played a lot of Luigi growing up but now I'm trying to learn Captain Falcon . Just want to add that I think this community/melee is awesome.

Mr.Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
Hey there, SmashBoards!

I'm literally that one member that joined here, and never posted a thing, and came across this site ages later. Sorry!

I love Smash Bros. to death, and I've played all three games, and I absolutely can't wait for SSB4 to hit the shelves. As for myself, I'm 14, and I'm currently aiming to work on my animated pilot of a series I'm working on, plus being an artist and drawing stuff.

I hope I can fit nicely in this community, and I hope I can get this username changed to something far more original.

eleanorvonclere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-2398-9953
Hi there !

I've been playing Super Smash Bros Brawl for less than a couple of years. Funny fact, I don't own any Wii, nor any SSB game. Er, yeah, I've always played with some friends.
Still, I've been interested in SSB tournaments for quite some time, and I eventually ended up here, looking for some threads and information. I came up with the crazy idea of becoming one of these great players !
I'm here to get information, meet new people, and get support so that I can improve my level ! As said above, I've only played Brawl...and I'm considering of purchasing my own Wii and game copy \o/ But of course, I'd like to try all the other SSB games as well as new experiences. I'm open to any suggestion (:

I mainly (actually you could say only) play Marth, thanks to whom I fell in love with Fire Emblem. Since I was a child, I've been also playing various games, such as the Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, or Zelda series.

About me, I'm 17, and from Lyon, in France.

Feel free to talk to me ! :D

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, my name is Dante. I've started playing Smash with the original game on 64 and absolutely loved the concept of the game, since it was a Nintendo Fighter. Unfortunately, I never played Melee because I never had a Gamecube, but I got back into the game when Brawl came out. I never played competitively, always casual, but when I discovered Project M when v3.0 came out, I got more curious about the competitive side, and here I am. I want to work on becoming better competitively and hope that when the new game comes out I'll be able to go to a few tournaments.

Other than that, I'm interested in other video games as well. I play a lot and there isn't too many genres I stay away from. I like anime as well, and I'm also into music and singing. Hope to get to meet some of you fairly soon!

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Hey everyone at Smashboards, I'm Salamander. I play Melee, and I plan on going pro very soon. My mains are Luigi, Marth, and Ice Climbers. Very diverse, I know. I'm known for using Pichu on occasion, just to troll around.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hey everyone, my name is Dante. I've started playing Smash with the original game on 64 and absolutely loved the concept of the game, since it was a Nintendo Fighter. Unfortunately, I never played Melee because I never had a Gamecube, but I got back into the game when Brawl came out. I never played competitively, always casual, but when I discovered Project M when v3.0 came out, I got more curious about the competitive side, and here I am. I want to work on becoming better competitively and hope that when the new game comes out I'll be able to go to a few tournaments.

Other than that, I'm interested in other video games as well. I play a lot and there isn't too many genres I stay away from. I like anime as well, and I'm also into music and singing. Hope to get to meet some of you fairly soon!
Hey everyone at Smashboards, I'm Salamander. I play Melee, and I plan on going pro very soon. My mains are Luigi, Marth, and Ice Climbers. Very diverse, I know. I'm known for using Pichu on occasion, just to troll around.
Welcome to Smashboards! If you survive the first few months, you'll fit in just fine. I'm mainly over at the Smash 4 forums, but there's lots of friendly people all over the boards.

Again, Welcome!

BatteryBird

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! Im a 64 and melee player. I learned of competitive smash about a year ago and started with 64 online. Soon after I joined iXi and never had a specific tag I went by. After watching Twitch Plays Pokemon I really liked the ring of "BatteryBird" (Zapdos) so i finally decided to join smashboards after lurking for far too long. Oh and I've only been playing melee for a couple months. Me and a friend drove to Evo last year (from Reno,NV) and ended up housing Shiz, Wizzrobe, PBnJ, Pi, Smashmac, and hanging out at mimis with Armada, Hax, Jman and some other great players. After that trip I really wanted to get better at 64 and learn melee. I only took 3 games off Wizzys yoshi out of maybe 15 or something so i was kinda salty. In 64 i play fox/falcon and in Melee I play Marth and am trying to learn falco. My favorite 64 players are Capitan Tavo and Alvin. My favorite melee players are Westballz and Pewpewu. I havent played online in months because of school,work and some other lame stuff but im going to start playing again. Add me on skype if you want to play! BatteryBirdiXi

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I'm Andrew. I was never good at this game but I'm getting back into it thanks to Project M and the SSB4 hype. Always been a Pika main, hence the lame Pokemon pun name. Look forward to playing me when the 3DS smash comes out!

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I'm Don. Gamertag across the internet nowadays is Rawkobo. Currently going on the tag (DON) because I recently discovered the "RAWK" tag is already spoken for. Shoutouts to Master Raven.

I'm a college student born and living in the MD/VA area. My current crazy dream is to be a Project M commentator, even if I'm not especially good at the game. You might hear me sometime at Xanadu if that dream happens, so keep your ears open.

I've been following the series since the very beginning, since my cousins were the ones that introduced me to Smash 64 when I was a kid. Never knew it would grow until I was in middle school. Been watching competitive Smash since 2006, started actually doing things in 2008-2010 when Brawl was "relevant" in my local scene, and then returned to Smash in 2012 when I began playing P:M's 2.1 patch with some new friends of mine at college.

I actually joined the boards a month or so ago, but haven't started posting until now. Glad to be a part of this community!

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm Don. Gamertag across the internet nowadays is Rawkobo. Currently going on the tag (DON) because I recently discovered the "RAWK" tag is already spoken for. Shoutouts to Master Raven.

Haha dude you can use it. I literally just press Z when I make a tag in game.

(Yes I'm a namesearch *****)

bengamen

Smash Rookie
I am bengamen, or Jake I don't care really. I play a lot of Super Smash, primarily Project M at the moment but I dabble in Melee from time to time and even occasionally Brawl if I'm at a friends house. My girlfriend and I play a lot of PM.

Edit: I play with items with my friends though, the invincibility star gets turned off usually but we just like the random chaos of everything.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Haha dude you can use it. I literally just press Z when I make a tag in game.

(Yes I'm a namesearch *****)
Haha. I appreciate it. Although, I've found that I do like the tag I just made, so I might stick with it anyway. xD

yiggs

Smash Rookie
Hi SmashBoards! Yiggs here. Some of you may remember me from such fighting games as Tekken.

But yes, I'm new around these parts and would love to learn Smash! I'm from Brisbany Australia and haven't really played anything since the N64 version when I was a kid, but I watched Evo last year and the game looks mad frantic! I've also spectated a few local Smash tournaments while competing in Tekken. Looks like we have a pretty healthy scene close to home too :) Would love to learn Yoshi

Nice to meet you all!

D

Deleted member

I'm KingBro1. I'm mainly a PlayStation gamer and the first console I owned was PS1, but Nintendo is responsible for some of my favorite video game franchises, Smash Bros. included. I first played the N64 original at a relative's house and later became hooked since playing Melee and Brawl. I main Link and Captain Falcon in Smash 64, Link, Captain Falcon, Marth, and Roy in Melee, and Link, Captain Falcon, Marth and Ike in Brawl.

I currently own various systems including GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Advance SP, DS Lite, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, and Xbox 360, and plan on owning Wii U, PS4, and PS Vita.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
'Ey, yo. the name's Demie and I'm a Smash Bros. veteran. I've been playing since Smash 64 was released, though I found the competitive scene about 2 years ago. I like to think I'm fairly adapt, but I still have much to learn when it comes to the tricks and tactics. My first tournament was back in 2006 at my high school. I placed 3rd in a Melee tourney [with Sheik], and other tournament in 2008 in Brawl with Peach that was never finished. I don't think I'm tourney material yet, but thanks to Project M and the community I'm into it more now than before! I hope to get in some Project M matches online before it goes down! Hope to see more of what this community has to offer!

doctorayegee

Smash Cadet
My name is Alex, but some of my friends call me by my last name German. I just started playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. I would love to make more friends that play Smash Bros. Melee. Hopefully, you can teach me and I can eventually teach some of you.

ZealRed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZealRed
3DS FC
5026-4454-7119
Hello Everyone. I'm ZealRed. So I finally decided to create an account on SmashBoards(after 3 months of not deciding). I play Brawl and Project M, and I am looking to battle with other people online. I also play Pokémon X/Y in a competitive level( I use Smogon Rules). So if anybody is interested in playing either of those games, just message me.

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Hello friends! As one may guess, I'm Bootortle. I do the Smashing type thing and whatnot. Project M and Brawl to a lesser degree.(I would do Melee as well, but my Wii broke, so I've only got access to a Wii U) I also do the Pogeymanz thing. Anyway, I'll see you all around.

Almond

Smash Rookie
Almond here. New to smashboards. Played smash since 64, though I never played seriously until brawl.

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
Hey there! Name's Kerreb.

I've been playing since Smash 64, but only started playing semi-seriously since the year before Brawl came out.

Since I don't have a TV in my dorm room, I can't actually play anymore. Because of that, I'm excited for Smash 3DS. Looking forward to having good matches with you all.~

Nroc

Smash Rookie
Hello smashboards I'm fulk, I play under the name NROC. I've recently got into Melee after finding it at a garage sale (gamecube, 4 contollers, and Melee for 40$) pulled it out at a few parties and had a good time, stepped it up on blackfriday sale and got a Wii and Brawl, then upgreaded to Project M. While my interest has been steadly growing one of my online friends showed me the Smash documentary. So here I am, hoping to learn some things and maybe organise some local play and make some friends.

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
Hey smashboards! I run under the name jsmoe, i mainly play pm but i can do work in melee. looking to find some new englanders to play with cuz y not.
PM Mains: Roy, Bowser, Mario
Melee mains: Marth, Link, Bowser

MaxScrub

Smash Rookie
NNID
pyrovision
Hey guys, my name is Michael, and I play P:M, Brawl, and occasionally Melee with friends. I play low-mid tier characters, mostly Ness in Brawl, but sometimes Pit and Rob. I'm from Jersey, and hope to get into the competitive scene fairly soon. If anybody here knows of any good weekly/bi weekly tourneys in the area you'd recommend for a newcomer, let me know!

Quarky

Smash Rookie
Yo, i'm Dan. my Melee tag is DBLD and my PM tag is DBL D. You can call me Quarky tho. I main Peach (Melee) and Zero Suit Samus (PM). I'm from PA and i've been to one tournament and truthfully I can only be described as huge newbie. I don't even own a Wii. I do get to play often, though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Man, I have been away for too long. I am sorry for missing out on individual greetings but I have been very busy lately.

Welcome to all of the new members! If you have any questions concerning Smashboards, Super Smash Bros., or anything in particular, feel free to send myself, @Old Man Grey, or another staff member (red for moderator, gray for administrator) a Private Message.

Follow the Global Rules and happy posting :)

JABS

Smash Cadet
Good day, Smash Community. My Smash Tag is JABS. I've been playing smash since Melee. I main Ganondorf in Melee and Meta Knight in Project M. I look forward to conversing and sharing knowledge.

Cutthemac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cutthemac
3DS FC
4554-0216-3307
Hey everybody, I main Lucas in Brawl and am quite a competitive player. I've been playing Super Smash Bros. since 1999. See ya around!

smoz

Smash Rookie
I'm Sam or smoz, I started playing when Melee was released. I'm pretty ok at the video game and am really hyped to become part of the community.

doomberry

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody!

My Internet name is Doomberry and I'm a huge fan of all Smash games, though nowhere near a good player.
I'm currently very busy being super ****ing hype about the next couple of Smash games and planning to shell out far too much for the WiiU pro controllers.

Question : I wanted to create a thread about Final Destination being the only choice for the "For Glory!" online mode. Where should I put it?
It concerns both versions, yet has little to do with characters and tournaments.

A good day to all of you Smash fans!

TempoGenesis

Smash Rookie
Hello all!

I'm TempoGenesis (aka Tempo). I've played Melee for over 5 years and am wanting to get Brawl to try Project M. Very glad to be in the community!

shockfish

Smash Rookie
Hi smash community!

My name is Javier (shockfish). I'm 24 from the norcal region. I've been playing casually since the n64 days. Project M's 3.0 release combined with the evo drive and the documentary has really inspired me to enter the competitive scene. I'd love some help familiarizing myself with this overwhelming but awesome seeming forum. Either way I just wanted to formally introduce myself. I love all the smash games and this community seems so legit.

Brutal Audino

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody, I'm Brutal and I really wanted to join this forum and discuss the awesome stuff of the Smash series.
I am actually chaos11011's brother, and I'm sad that he doesn't really come here anymore.
I main Sonic, Kirby, Lucas and on a lesser note, other fighters.

Resyndicated

Smash Rookie
Somewhere in the Forest Lake area, Minnesota
Yo! I'm Resyndicated, came here 'cause #SSB4Hype.
But I expect myself to be in here for much longer than just for SSB4. It'll be pretty fun talking to other smash players.
I used to main MK (LOL SPAMMING SIDE-B+UP-B IS RIDICULOUS) and second Lucas in brawl, and I plan to main Greninja and second Kirby when the SSB4 game comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom