• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dott

Smash Ace
Hi everyone!
I'm Dott, no real reason for my nickname, just dot plus other t. I'm 16, from Panama and i play Smash since 2003 (started at the age of 6), starting with 64, later with melee and then with Brawl, a funny thing is every console i had, i buy only because Smash, so in certanley way smash has been part of my life.

I saw some things of P:M on youtube, and the thing that Roy (although I main Link in all games) was in just made me love it, so i downloaded and invite some friends to play. Just like others no one beats me in person, but online people from here just broke me, and i was devastated, they win against me like nothing, and watch the documental made me more sad, i was nothing compared to they, absolutely nothing.

Anyway been here for a while, I participated a little bit but i didn't present myself, I been practicing and now i've beaten some of those who beat me like nothing,

Have a good day!

I was devestated. There was no way I could even hold a candle to competitive players. I was intimidated

Last edited:

...Like Clockwork

Smash Rookie
Sup everyone, Michigan State student here. 18, MI resident my whole life. Picked ...Like Clockwork as my handle because why not.

I've been playing Melee and Brawl casually with friends and my brother for a long time. When I got to MSU my roommate turned out to be obsessed with SSB64; over the last semester and 1/2 I've learned the rudiments of the game. I'm on his level now but we're not near competitive level IMO. Looking to change that, been lurking Smashboards and /r/smashbros for a few months now. Got a lot to learn but I'm going to try and get involved with the scene now.

So yeah, hi, hope to get to know some EL, MI, and Midwest smashers!

Sassafrassa

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Sassafrassa, just Sassa for short. I've been playing Smash Bros for my entire life, and I'm starting to get into competitive SSBB. Looking for people to brawl with.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hi everyone!
I'm Dott, no real reason for my nickname, just dot plus other t. I'm 16, from Panama and i play Smash since 2003 (started at the age of 6), starting with 64, later with melee and then with Brawl, a funny thing is every console i had, i buy only because Smash, so in certanley way smash has been part of my life.

I saw some things of P:M on youtube, and the thing that Roy (although I main Link in all games) was in just made me love it, so i downloaded and invite some friends to play. Just like others no one beats me in person, but online people from here just broke me, and i was devastated, they win against me like nothing, and watch the documental made me more sad, i was nothing compared to they, absolutely nothing.

Anyway been here for a while, I participated a little bit but i didn't present myself, I been practicing and now i've beaten some of those who beat me like nothing,

Have a good day!

Welcome! Enjoy your time at the boards!
Sup everyone, Michigan State student here. 18, MI resident my whole life. Picked ...Like Clockwork as my handle because why not.

I've been playing Melee and Brawl casually with friends and my brother for a long time. When I got to MSU my roommate turned out to be obsessed with SSB64; over the last semester and 1/2 I've learned the rudiments of the game. I'm on his level now but we're not near competitive level IMO. Looking to change that, been lurking Smashboards and /r/smashbros for a few months now. Got a lot to learn but I'm going to try and get involved with the scene now.

Sup bro! Hope you find good tips around here, our competitive community is one of the best out there.
An awesome entrance.... Enjoy your stay!

Hey, I'm Sassafrassa, just Sassa for short. I've been playing Smash Bros for my entire life, and I'm starting to get into competitive SSBB. Looking for people to brawl with.
Cool bro, you can try the arena for that, enjoy your time here!

I know i'm not a mod, don't kill me, just welcoming ya rookies to this awesome community.

Last edited:

Choup-Chapi

Smash Rookie
Hi ! I'm Choup-Chapi :)
I'm French, and this site brings me because I think that's one of the best site on the world who talk about Smash (but in France we have very good sites too ;) )

I'm sorry if I will so some spelling mistakes, but I will pay attention !

Last edited:

-JungL-

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards community,

My name is
JungL and I'm pretty new to the Smash scene.

Recently I purchased a 1st generation Wii that came with SSBB. I'm looking for a copy of Melee but damn they're expensive!

My fighting game knowledge is pretty limited.
I've played SSB64 and Brawl casually with friends over the years, always having fun, but never really got that "into it".

Although, the first fighting game that I really spent time getting to know the details of mechanics and general theorycrafting was Street Fighter 4. Ken and Sagat are mah my boiiiiz.

My gaming history has mostly comprised of very competitive MMORPG PvP arenas, warzones, battlegrounds, codex arenas...and all of that good stuff. Currently I am playing Star Wars: The Old Republic on a few different characters. PvP only.

I absolutely love head-to-head competition and that's why I've always been drawn to MMORPG PvP. Although, as some of you may know, the MMORPG world is a bleak place in current times (especially when it comes to PvP) and I really don't want to start up another video game with an enormous leveling process and gear grind but I also want a little more dimension than your typical 2D fighter.

So that's why I'm here.

I have fallen in love with SSBB within a very short period of time, I've been learning a ton about attack priority/rotation, the character tier system and whatever else I can jam into my brain.

I am practicing against three bots set at lvls 8, 8, and 9. I'm practicing both KO fests and Survival with a stock of 5 lives and 8min rounds.

I have played a few games online but it seems much more strategic and methodical for my abilities, so I think I will return to that after I improve.

But I'm lacking something, the call-and-response of a forum community, it is a tool that cannot be found within the confines of my own mind.

I am very excited to learn as much as I can, experiment with the knowledge, and carve a path into the competitive smash community.

I think that SSBB/SSBM and whatever SSB4 has to offer is the perfect game for me.

Looking forward to contributing and first and foremost learning from this great site!

-JungL-

Tron Black

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm Hayden(Tron Black I guess too) and I suck at melee! I played it when I was younger, but after my friend linked me to the smash brothers documentary, a flame erupted inside of me. Every day for the last few months I've spent at least an hour(sometimes 4) every day to getting better, and I just now decided to make an account on here after reading pages and pages of tutorials. I live just outside of Orlando in Clermont and I'm 17, I'll be 18 april 2nd. (If anyone lives near or around Clermont tell me and well meet up and play some matches, the only people I play with are my friends and they don't take it serious enough for me to learn anything important.) Great to see you guys, bye!

Thundaga

Smash Rookie
yo yo im Thundaga im just getting into smash seriously, im from the VA #EastCoast gonna be playing Project M i hope to meet yall and have some fun
stay awesome yall

KillerGum

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! I'm 16 and from NH and am excited to get into the North Atlantic scene! I mainly use Sheik and Fox with a side of Marth. I have little to no tech skill but I am determined to improve. I am trying to get as much smash in before August (When my school's football season starts), so I will be trying to go to as many events in the North Atlantic area as possible. I hope to see you guys around!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome everyone to Smashboards!

If any of you have any questions about the site or need assistance around, let me or Venus know.

I apologize for not giving indiviual welcomes as I usually do. I procrastinate alot and now that English paper is coming back to haunt me.

Cqorn with a Silent Q

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm Cqorn (the q is silent but deadly). I'm 21 and from NEPA. I've been a casual smash player since Smash 64 came out and only recently got into the competitive scene. I'm more of a melee player than anything else, but I love all the smash games and I hope to get more involved with tournaments and others in the world of smash.

Last edited:

RADVILLIAN

Smash Rookie
what's good y'all ? 21 from virginia beach but soon to be stationed in korea this coming may . been a casual smash player since melee came out and watched the "ken era" throughout my high school years. to be honest , i recently saw the smash bros documentary and it motivated me to try playing it competitively . currently stationed in south dakota so playing smash really brings me closer to home . i hope to establish myself within the community and meet you guys :pikachu:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
::inhales::

Hi everyone!

Have a good day!

Lol I love that picture! I will start using it! Welcome to SWF, Dott! We have a very active P:M community so feel free to check that up if you need some pointers!

Welcome to SWF, ...Like Clockwork. Interesting name. I am from Northwest Ohio so maybe kinda your neck of the woods. I hate to say it but I'm a Buckeyes fan ;) Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to SWF, Sassa! Feel free to check the SSBB forums for any advice and tips on how to please competitively.

Welcome to SWF, PhantomTipper! I really like that picture! Did you make it?

Hi ! I'm Choup-Chapi :)
I'm French, and this site brings me because I think that's one of the best site on the world who talk about Smash (but in France we have very good sites too ;) )

I'm sorry if I will so some spelling mistakes, but I will pay attention !
Welcome to SWF, Choup-Chapi! We do not get many French players here sadly. Thank you for joining the forums!

Hello Smashboards community,

My name is
JungL and I'm pretty new to the Smash scene.

Recently I purchased a 1st generation Wii that came with SSBB. I'm looking for a copy of Melee but damn they're expensive!
My fighting game knowledge is pretty limited.
I've played SSB64 and Brawl casually with friends over the years, always having fun, but never really got that "into it".

Although, the first fighting game that I really spent time getting to know the details of mechanics and general theorycrafting was Street Fighter 4. Ken and Sagat are mah my boiiiiz.

My gaming history has mostly comprised of very competitive MMORPG PvP arenas, warzones, battlegrounds, codex arenas...and all of that good stuff. Currently I am playing Star Wars: The Old Republic on a few different characters. PvP only.

I absolutely love head-to-head competition and that's why I've always been drawn to MMORPG PvP. Although, as some of you may know, the MMORPG world is a bleak place in current times (especially when it comes to PvP) and I really don't want to start up another video game with an enormous leveling process and gear grind but I also want a little more dimension than your typical 2D fighter.

So that's why I'm here.

I have fallen in love with SSBB within a very short period of time, I've been learning a ton about attack priority/rotation, the character tier system and whatever else I can jam into my brain.

I am practicing against three bots set at lvls 8, 8, and 9. I'm practicing both KO fests and Survival with a stock of 5 lives and 8min rounds.

I have played a few games online but it seems much more strategic and methodical for my abilities, so I think I will return to that after I improve.
But I'm lacking something, the call-and-response of a forum community, it is a tool that cannot be found within the confines of my own mind.

I am very excited to learn as much as I can, experiment with the knowledge, and carve a path into the competitive smash community.

I think that SSBB/SSBM and whatever SSB4 has to offer is the perfect game for me.

Looking forward to contributing and first and foremost learning from this great site!

-JungL-
Welcome to SWF, JungL! You have quite the impressive resume of competitive games. I tried getting into MMORPG but I couldn't get into it for some odd reason. I love the idea of it though! Enjoy your stay!

Hi I'm Hayden(Tron Black I guess too) and I suck at melee! I played it when I was younger, but after my friend linked me to the smash brothers documentary, a flame erupted inside of me. Every day for the last few months I've spent at least an hour(sometimes 4) every day to getting better, and I just now decided to make an account on here after reading pages and pages of tutorials. I live just outside of Orlando in Clermont and I'm 17, I'll be 18 april 2nd. (If anyone lives near or around Clermont tell me and well meet up and play some matches, the only people I play with are my friends and they don't take it serious enough for me to learn anything important.) Great to see you guys, bye!
Welcome to SWF, Tron Black. We have a good Melee community here so if you are interested in learning Melee, please check out the Melee forums! Some of the best players in the world post there!

yo yo im Thundaga im just getting into smash seriously, im from the VA #EastCoast gonna be playing Project M i hope to meet yall and have some fun
stay awesome yall
Welcome to SWF, Thundaga! Feel free to check out the P:M forums to read more about it!

Hey everyone! I'm 16 and from NH and am excited to get into the North Atlantic scene! I mainly use Sheik and Fox with a side of Marth. I have little to no tech skill but I am determined to improve. I am trying to get as much smash in before August (When my school's football season starts), so I will be trying to go to as many events in the North Atlantic area as possible. I hope to see you guys around!
Welcome to SWF, KillerGum! We have a section titled "Regional Zones". There you can find any informationr egarding the North Atlantic just as tournaments and players. Feel free to check it out!

Hey all, I'm Cqorn (the q is silent but deadly). I'm 21 and from NEPA. I've been a casual smash player since Smash 64 came out and only recently got into the competitive scene. I'm more of a melee player than anything else, but I love all the smash games and I hope to get more involved with tournaments and others in the world of smash.
Welcome to SWF, Cqorn...or Cqorn with a Silent Q...not sure which is correct :) If you are interested in learning more about the competitive scene, visit the 64, Melee, and Brawl boards for helpful tips and advice!

what's good y'all ? 21 from virginia beach but soon to be stationed in korea this coming may . been a casual smash player since melee came out and watched the "ken era" throughout my high school years. to be honest , i recently saw the smash bros documentary and it motivated me to try playing it competitively . currently stationed in south dakota so playing smash really brings me closer to home . i hope to establish myself within the community and meet you guys :pikachu:
Welcome to SWF, RADVILLIAN! I felt like I just shouted that out! Where in Korea will you be stationed? Seoul? I have been to Busan and Seoul. Korea is a very cool and awesome place.Enjoy the site.

I know i'm not a mod, don't kill me, just welcoming ya rookies to this awesome community.
Isn't this my second time "killing" you?

::stabs Zero::

RADVILLIAN

Smash Rookie
Welcome to SWF, RADVILLIAN! I felt like I just shouted that out! Where in Korea will you be stationed? Seoul? I have been to Busan and Seoul. Korea is a very cool and awesome place.Enjoy the site.
i'll be stationed in gunsan about 3 hours south of seoul . i'm definitely excited to see korea !

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Korea is pretty awesome. Their fried chicken is the best kind IMO. It's literally the best I've ever had.

-JungL-

Smash Rookie
Radvillan THE WORST KNOWN SON

DOOM is by far the greatest lyricist of all time. I was gonna make my name tribute him too!

Happy yo hear you're leaving south dakota, I worked out there for atwo summers in Mitchell and it was the worst thing ever, lol.

What are you planning on playing? Prject M , Brawl, or Melee? I'm pretty new to the smash community bit I've already had some awesome brawl games with members on the site.

Add me on WFC if youre brawlin

Best of luck with your military duties!

CHIP_FLOS

Smash Rookie
Hi all.

This is your neighborhood friendly Falcon main from Massachusetts speaking. I'm called Flos, because Melee has a four letter tag limit and "Floss" didn't quite fit. I play both Melee and Project M, and I'm happy to play friendlies with anyone in a P:M wifi match, if you're down with me taking unnecessary risks in an attempt to look cool. :)

I've been playing competitive smash for close to 2 1/2 years, but only dabbling in the community and never really going on smashboards past occasionally looking for guides or tips. Anyway, this is my attempt to become more involved in the community, and I hope to make this experience a positive one.

Cheers.

Rukia

Enamored
Hello, I'm Fourier. (Pronounced Four-Yay) It's nice to meet you.

I come from another community, though it did not have the friendliest users as many situations ended in drama and lots of hatred. But it's all good. I don't take part there anymore.

A little bit about myself. I'm from the West Coast and I've been living here ever since. I got Brawl back in 2008, around when it came out. I've never really played this game competitively, though I do with my boyfriend on occasions.
I main with Pit, Peach, and Marth and I've got some control with Zelda & Toon Link. I've also played the first Smash and Melee. It was something I enjoyed with my cousin since he has both games. Might try out Project M sometime soon. I hear it's great. And I'm very excited for the new Smash that's in development. I'll be sure to buy it in a heartbeat.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.

Last edited:

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Hi, Clint Jaguar here. I got into the series with Melee being one of my first games on the Gamecube. I used to play it all the time with my brother but for a while I stopped playing. Only recently have I started playing again and I'm now practicing my skills, hoping that someday I'll be able to play professionally. I'm currently getting better mostly using Marth as my new main (Before then I usually picked Mario or Link). Plus with the new Wii U game coming out, I figured I should get more into the Smash community, which is also why I'm here.

Aside from that, I'm just your typical teenage introvert who enjoys watching classic action movies, playing Nintendo games and writing screenplays in my spare time.

Hail to the King, Baby......or don't, whatever you feel's best ;)

Last edited:

RADVILLIAN

Smash Rookie
Korea is pretty awesome. Their fried chicken is the best kind IMO. It's literally the best I've ever had.
yeah back home in richmond , we have a place called bonchon and it's a korean joint that has the BEST fried chicken ever . it looks like they triple fry it .
Radvillan THE WORST KNOWN SON

DOOM is by far the greatest lyricist of all time. I was gonna make my name tribute him too!

Happy yo hear you're leaving south dakota, I worked out there for atwo summers in Mitchell and it was the worst thing ever, lol.

What are you planning on playing? Prject M , Brawl, or Melee? I'm pretty new to the smash community bit I've already had some awesome brawl games with members on the site.

Add me on WFC if youre brawlin

Best of luck with your military duties!
YES another DOOM fan :) and ugh yeah south dakota winters are beyond brutal . i've been working outside in -20 F for the past couple of months now . but i play all 3 casually but focusing more on melee .

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Hello all, call me Mr. Seven. I've been a huge fan of Smash Bros since the very first game. I'm a writer, amateur game designer, and currently about to attend college.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but I'm abandoning this account for a new one. Reason: To get a better username without having to pay money for it. I'm gonna stick with the new one, as it will be my official "tourney tag" of sorts. Thanks.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm Samuel. I'm a huge Smash fan. Melee was my first video game, and Brawl's my favorite game of all time, so I decided to join. Really pumped for the next Smash Bros. and look forward to having some cool discussions here.

LettGingerSaurusRex

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys im LettGingerSaurusRex

Im recently got into competite melee after we had gotten good through brawl, I might now be a gight but ill give u a challenge, VM me, and be prepared to ger dumpstered by Falco and rhe Fire Emblem Cast :)

The Nintendo Geek

Smash Rookie
waz up everyone my annoying brother wanted me to make a smash boards account. i was keep telling him i was to lazy to make one LOL but now everyday im gonna post up things about my opinion of the new smash 4 pics. CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT!!!!!!

Kelpo

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm Kelpo.
Been starting to get into competitive smash for the past month or so, I play mostly Project M and a bit of Melee. Not all that good, but I'm looking to get better.
Let me know if you want to play and you're in the Philadelphia area. I'm not that good yet, but I'll gladly play with anyone.

imWUMPUS

Smash Rookie
Hey there! I'm an older member without much posting time. New account as I lost the old one.

I'm imWUMPUS from Fraser, MI. I've been smashing since SSB. Right now, I mainly play Project M with one of my friends. I'm looking for more people in the area to play with.

Clintombment

Smash Rookie
I must be ******** because I cannot find the new post button. I prefer to play melee and young link is my main. I am looking for people around columbus ohio to play melee or project M with. I main Lucas, Mario, or Toon Link in Project M. Someone hit me up so I can play da games with you.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Hey! Me and a few friends were thinking of starting a crew and getting out into the Smash scene and we have a YouTube channel to post some videos here and there. As of now we don't have any rel content but we do have test video.
http://m.youtube.com/?reload=2&rdm=112a6o6pb#/watch?v=WeblTS4t7IQ&feature=c4-feed-u please check it out and give us some tips on how to improve video quality.

:-)

Edit:we will also be posting a full match soon and would appreciate tips on our gameplay Thank You

Last edited:

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Hello hello hello! I'm Element. Specifically, of Smash. I've been going to tournaments locally for about 7-8 months now, and I'm still pretty much a scrub. I've kept my posts to the tournament and results threads until recently, getting to know my comrades and such. But I feel like I should branch out into other aspects of the community. I joined way back to lurk when I first found out about Smashboards, but didn't get involved. So...here I am!

TehxGrims

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-9831-7219
Hello,
My name is Terrence I use the name Teh for Melee
My main four are as follows Falco, Zelda, Dr. Mario, Young Link
I have never c-sticked. Nor do I know how to wave dash. And my short hopping needs work.
I feel in love with this series the first time I became "one" with one of my characters.
Something changed in me that day. And the only other game to force me to that level of play was God Hand.
I am a fairly new melee player. 10 years or so under my belt. I only became a passable player in the last three after having my ass handed to me again an again by my best friend and room mate Nook.
He mentored me in this game.
I don't think there will ever be another series that will ever be as profound or as awsome as SSBM.
I look forward to hopefully fighting and learning from each and everyone of you with the release of the Smash Brothers 4.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Hello,
I have never c-sticked. Nor do I know how to wave dash. And my short hopping needs work.
I feel in love with this series the first time I became "one" with one of my characters.
Something changed in me that day. And the only other game to force me to that level of play was God Hand.
I am a fairly new melee player. 10 years or so under my belt. I only became a passable player in the last three after having my *** handed to me again an again by my best friend and room mate Nook.
I don't think there will ever be another series that will ever be as profound or as awsome as SSBM.
I look forward to hopefully fighting and learning from each and everyone of you with the release of the Smash Brothers 4.
Welcome Teh! Don't worry, we all learn together! Keep an open mind, learn stuff, meet people, and most importantly, have fun here! <3

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Hello,
I am a fairly new melee player. 10 years or so under my belt. I only became a passable player in the last three after having my *** handed to me again an again by my best friend and room mate Nook.
God Hand is an awesome game! Welcome to Smashboards!

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Hiya guys! I'm Itty Bit! Or at least that's what I go by...
I've been an avid Smash Bros fan on and off ever since I got into it around when the first one came out on the N64, and now with the new game in development, I've kind of gotten back into the game!
I've never really been at any sort of "tourney worthy" level, but I do know a lot about the game, and I do love having a get together with my friends every once in awhile to enjoy an afternoon of Smash. My personal favorite character is Wario, he's just such a goofy character to play as!

I uh... I think that's about it. I was never very good at intros ^^;

FalconJab

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm FalconJab.
I have enjoyed Super Smash Brothers since Melee first came out, and am a huge supporter of Captain Falcon and Ness. (Them being my mains in both Melee and Brawl.) Which leads to my next point being that neither of them is confirmed for the newest Smash Bros game. If they aren't in the newest installment of the series i'm not sure what I would do so I've got my fingers crossed...

I'll most likely be posting stuff around the Cpt Falcon and Ness board. Possibly a few others...
Hoping to find some new friends as well. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom