• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
Well, I play all three. Im also a fan of Fire Emblem, Tekken, Mario of course.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Hi, my name is MasterLuigi. I've been a lurker on Smashboards for a while and I finally decided I should register an account. I've been playing since Super Smash Bros on the N64. I only play Brawl now and I'll probably drop Brawl for SSB4 as soon as it comes out. I'm not really a competitive player but I'm a big Super Smash Bros. fan so I decided to join Smashboards.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hi, my name is MasterLuigi. I've been a lurker on Smashboards for a while and I finally decided I should register an account. I've been playing since Super Smash Bros on the N64. I only play Brawl now and I'll probably drop Brawl for SSB4 as soon as it comes out. I'm not really a competitive player but I'm a big Super Smash Bros. fan so I decided to join Smashboards.
hello welcome to smashboards i hope u enjoy your stay at smashboards.

Zant

Smash Rookie
NNID
RealNikki
Hello! I'm a HUGE noob at SSBB and P:M, I can't really beat level 1s, i'm that bad. My wifi doesn't work well with SSBB, most of the time it'll just error code.
Anyway, looking forward to talk to all of you!
~Zant

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hello! I'm a HUGE noob at SSBB and P:M, I can't really beat level 1s, i'm that bad. My wifi doesn't work well with SSBB, most of the time it'll just error code.
Anyway, looking forward to talk to all of you!
~Zant
hello welcome to smashbards i hope u get better.

gosick

Smash Rookie
Yo! My nick in the world of video games is Gosick (or Gsick without the 'o') if you're wondering where i got my name, me and one of my friends were walking back home from school and started freestyle rapping (too hip and young?) when he made up a line about how I find gothic lolitas cute, like the girl from gosick.
Basically I started playing ssbm at my after school club (for children who's parents worked late) they had a gamecube and a wii and we would always arrange melee 'tournaments', and if someone brought their game in, brawl 'tournaments' there was always around about 10-15 people in each 'tournament' and me and this kid who was like two years older than me who mained Luigi would always end up in the final round, with little to no exception, to put it bluntly: he ***** me, every time we played until one day he came up to me and offered to teach me how to get better, first he showed me some basic stuff (DI, wavedashing e.c.t) then he showed me how to juggle, lock down people and so on as my main (kirby) and then I got really into smash, I started watching some pro matches and playing it whenever I could, then I moved house and school and never saw Luigi dude again.
At this time I found out about a game that was about to come out called dota 2, started playing that and then forgot completely about smash bros until me and my friends were discussing the finer aspects of the gen 6 pokemon metagame when one of them says 'hey, you guys heard, new smash bros game is coming out for 3ds and wii u next year', I looked into it a little, watched some of my favorite sets and here I am now, I would be glad to be part of your community :3.

P.S - totaly maining Rosalina in ssb3ds.

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Hello! I'm a huge fan of the Smash Bros series, and I've lurked on this site for years! But with SSB WII U/3DS coming out next year I decided its time for me to join the forums, and hopefully be apart of the SSB4 competitive scene! I also hope to find people to play with on SSBB ;D

Azure Torisuna

Smash Rookie
Hello all! im Azure Torisuna.

A little about me. I have played smash since 64 and have been playing casually with a rivalry, which in turn lead to me wanting to play semi competitive. I use to do halo 3 competitively along with Battlefield so super smash bros is a little out of my comfort zone when it comes to competitive play.

But its been like 3 almost 4 years since I last played smash bros and Im looking to get back in to it. Currently I have downloaded project m and absolutely love it so far. I main Link and trying to pick up a Marth. I come to this site to learn new knowledge and make some friends!

My side question I wanna ask is, can I get any advice on how to fight or counter main a crazy sheik player. It bugs me my buddy is so great with her. Like similar to when ken vs Azen sheik good. If anyone remembers or knows Azen's sheik. Maybe some one can help me out. Would even go as far as uploading a vid of us going at it.

AAAAaaannnnd to end with.... I also enjoy Looooooooong walks on the beach :D

Thanks for reading and hope I didnt bore you or post this in the wrong place. Later!

buu

Smash Rookie
NNID
C.nolando
Hi just joined. i came from brawlfriendcodes.com which is pretty dead now. Is there a chat room or irc to find people to play here?

Elextrix

Smash Rookie
Just a guy who joined here from lurking. My main Nintendo faves are Birdo, Wii Fit Trainer, Toadette, Baby Daisy and Honey Queen.

My SSB mains are Zero Suit Samus (and occasionally Samus), Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch. Olimar & Pikmin, Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina & Luma will soon be added to that list :)

Splash

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Splash. Been playing melee for a long time but I only decided to take it seriously a couple months ago. I'm looking to get a lot better, trying to find tournaments to go to is hard for me currently, but I'm doing my best. Nice to meet you all :)

n00b4444

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been lurking the forums for a while and decided to make an account haha. Use to play smash 64 until I got a gamecube and played melee up until brawl came out, stopped a few months after that and got back into smash a few months ago with discovering project M.

OGiR

Smash Rookie
hey wassup guys my name is Rigo but my GT is OGiR, I'm not really new but I see a lot has changed, I started playing melee and got in the scene when it first came out, I entered my first underground tourney and had no idea that DSF was going to be there, I got owned lol, but then brawl came out and I played it for a while and saw how much it sucked lol so I just stopped playing smash all I'm general. but now I'm back and hope to enter more tourneys

Vis Major

Smash Rookie
Greetings. I have been playing since 64, but didn't move past it until my friends in college a few years ago brought out Melee in the common room. I was taught the hard way, repeatedly getting 4 stocked until I started to be able to hold my own. Someone eventually brought out Project M. I've been playing that since demo 1 and now I'm thinking about finally trying to get into the scene for it.

Last edited:

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Hey guys. Figured I should come here. My name is Dubforce, or Tyler. I've also gone by Ellondu in the past. I started my smash career by playing PM and deciding I wanted to get good. I was really bad and I got frustrated a lot by losing when I first started and ended up leaving the competitive scene. I ended up getting a ton better by playing by myself against CPUs m2k style for a few hours a day for maybe 4 or 5 months. When I came back I dominated a player who had beaten me consistently, end did okay against the top players in my area (though they still beat me). I realized that melee is just more important to me, so I've recently dedicated myself to melee. I finally got a car, so I will be travelling virtually every weekend this semester with smash in mind, mainly to Central Florida, Southern Georgia, and big tournies.

Outside of smash, I am a programmer. I'm currently, and this is only very recent, interested in getting involved with Super Smash Bros Crusade, an excellent fan made smash game. You should check it out if you haven't already. I'm also working on a really interesting ranking/tourney stats program for the melee community.

I also make music in my free time, here is a link to my dubstep soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dubforce-tyler-tracey

If you have any other questions, just ask. See ya, guys!

WhizPower

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhizPower
3DS FC
2423-3216-2172
Hey everyone, I'm Whiz.

I'm a former competitive Halo player from the Netherlands. Ever since that game got dropped from the MLG circuit last year I started getting into other games a lot more.
I was always a big fan of Smash, but it wasn't until the beginning of this year I really found out about the competitive scene (Apex 2013 was the first tournament I watched). After EVO 2013 and the documentary I really started playing competitively again (Melee and PM), reading r/smashbros every day, watching all the great matches from back in the day on YouTube, etc.

So being a huge competitive Smash fan I just had to make an account here. I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time and look forward to whatever 2014 has in store for this beautiful game!
My organization and I might even organize some tournaments of our own to try to grow the Dutch scene, so stay on the lookout for that if you're from around here!

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Umm Hi. I live in Minnesota and i can be a dormant talker. I like playing games. I just started high school. (I messed up on my birthday!) I'm doing very very well in high school...! Uhh that is all.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
'Sup, guys? PWN3 here, but I'm fine with pretty much any nickname you could think up... or, hey, feel free to call me Dan. I feel as though I should say a little bit about myself, so, let's get to it:
  • I'm a Smash fan (obviously). Been playing the games since Smash 64, back when I was about 4 years old. I'd like to think I've improved since then.
  • My favourite video game of all time is Shadow of the Colossus, followed by Majora's Mask.
  • Pendulum and Metallica are my favourite bands.
  • I like drawing, despite being terrible at it. I have a fantastic stick figure, though.
  • The fastest way to my heart is with GaoGaiGar or something equally "manly". You'd find out what I mean if we talked for about five minutes.
Back on the subject of Smash, there's not really a whole lot to say. My style and... philosophy? ...is to just stay offensive and never give up. The way I see it, the only hit that ever matters is the one that decides the match; everything before that is fair ground. I've never been part of the competitive scene at all, but I'd like to start attending tournaments when Smash 4 comes out next year.

Tyler Gardner

Smash Rookie
Hey, all! I've been into Smash off and on for the past few years. I've just recently began practicing technical skills and I'm hoping to continue to get better at the game. My primary character interests are Marth and Falco.

I'm located in Owensboro, Kentucky. Are there any other Smashers here?

The_Giant_Peach

Smash Apprentice
What's up everybody, I finally got off my butt and bought a Wii U this holiday so I'll be setting myself up with Project M and the new Smash. I was actually a tournament player in Playstation All Stars and still moderate one of its fan sites which is a lot like this one. Try not to hate me to much ;). I look forward to learning smash the way it's supposed to be played.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys! Welcome to SWF!

Sorry I haven't been able to get to your posts individually but if you need any assistance with getting around the site, please let me know.

I hope you all enjoy your stay and have a good one!

PurpleExcadrill

Smash Cadet
Hi Guys I am PurpleExcadrill! I got Brawl this christmas but I have played melee for about 7 years. I am new to Smashboards and I want friends! my FC is: 2538-7101-3616 and my name is EXCA. Tell me if you want to brawl sometime! My Favorite SSB Franchise is Pokemon as you should know. My Main on Brawl is Ike but I also use Snake, Pit, Lucario, Lucas, Falco, Olimar, C. Falcon, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic. I have only unlocked up to 100 VS. matches so anybody after the Subspace Emissary or R.O.B and Game and Watch. I can beat on level 9s easily. I really want Excadrill in the next smash, too bad that won't ever happen.

Last edited:

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
I live in a REALLY small town called Elma, Washington where my incredibly old-fashioned family has tried to keep me from playing video games my entire life.
I jumped back into Smash in the summer, when my friend discovered Project Melee (It's like melee but with brawl characters? I want to try it!) and got really into playing this game competitively. I and my friends have been improving very quickly, with me being on top of the group.

I thirst for higher competition, and I long to play at a tournament, ESPECIALLY if it means me getting my BUTT (didn't know not to curse, sry!) completely stomped, because I've never truly been beaten yet.

It's lonely at the top, but even lonelier at the bottom.

(Also, thank you smashboards for fixing whatever it was registering me as spam for the past 2 months, I've been dying to use this website!)

Brownie_Takeshi

Smash Rookie
hey smashers
the name is Alex but I prefer the name brownie since friends call me by that anyway. Got it memorized?
I've been smashing since 64 but started to be a competitive smasher around 2007. Play mostly online matches.
My mains are Mario, Ness & Sonic
Playing mostly on project M since i ever heard of it (recently)
If you want to spar, friendlies or whatever just hit me up k?
fc: 4255-7544-2745
Ps: my psn is Brownie_Takeshi. I also play doa5, soul calibur & blazblue

Camènor

Smash Rookie
Hi my names Cameron and I'm new to the smash community. I live in Lancaster county, PA and I was wondering if there is anybody that can play some Melee with my friends and I at some point??

LRJaves

Smash Rookie
NNID
RandomJaves
3DS FC
0361-6294-2122
Hey everyone!
My name is LRJaves from the beautiful city of Chicago.
New to smashbroads since friday but,that's when it was going through some
changes so I waited till today I guess. But ummmmm yeah what's going on?
I had discovered this site a while ago and finally I told my self to make an account!
I play Smash N64 frequently as well as Melee because I KNOW that I have the skill
to play competitive and meet others who like the classics as well!
Brawl was alright, I was more into the story though.
Nice to meet everyone!
:)

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Hey guys! My name is James. I'm a long time SSB fan and I've come to this site for news and speculation on these games since Brawl was announced, but never joined. With all the SSB4 hype right now, I thought it was finally time to sign up. If anyone wants someone to play against on Brawl, I'll post my friend code later.

Tesseract9000

Smash Rookie
Greetings everyone! I'm Tesseract. Tess for short lol. I've been playing street fighter and ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 for a long time before finally trying out project m. I like playing as Marth, Roy, Ganon, and as I write this I'm currently trying to figure out how to play brawl online with dolphin!

daMattster

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I am daMattster, or Matt. I am new to Project M and Competitive Brawl, and I am in the process of learning about the game in depth. Right now I am maining Snake. I can't wait to really get into to this and jump in with two feet! Also, I would like to know where I can go to meet smashers that are in the SoCal Area.

RealStarYoshi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4055-3367-9091
I may not be well known around here, but after a few good fights, I'll start to get recognized. Born from a yellow spotted egg, raised to be friendly towards others, and trained to eat up the competition, I am StarYoshi! The best Yoshi combatant you will ever see!

TY SoapBoxFan

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I am TY SoapBoxFan. I come from the Mk and Injustice competitive community, and my sparring group, known as Team Yardley, decided that we are going to start taking melee seriously. I have already gotten started and can competently wavedash and some other stuff, and despite my original hesitance with the game I am actually loving it. I main Marth and I am sure once I get more caught up on the meta I can be a contributing member to these forums. I'm from Yardley, Pa, which is right near Trenton, Nj and Philadelphia. Nice to meet everyone!

TY Ermacio

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, i am TY Ermacio. I, like my friend TY Soapboxfan, started playing competitive games with MK9 and then injustice. Injustice wasn't too much fun for me or the majority of our small but growing team, so we decided(with a little bit of a push) that we would try out smash. Not only has this been going over very well within our original group of 4, but we are growing and i think that we will be able to increase the number of people in our training group to 10+ people with the right motivation. I have a very strong love for SSBM and plan on putting a lot of time into the game and attending as many tournaments as I can. Currently, i am stuck between playing Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Sheik, and a couple other characters. Like Soapboxfan said, we are in Yardley, PA which is pretty close to Philadelphia and Trenton. I really hope that i can become a member of this community who can contribute and be able to play the game with some of the best. Hopefully i will be seeing some of you on the forums!

Mowg

Smash Cadet
¡Salud! I am Mowg. I´m a SSBM and Project M player. I main Ganon; and my secondaries are Squirtle and Olimar. I´m a native Californian and I am looking for Project M sparring partners. I have no system other than my N64 but I´ve put a great heap of time into Melee on my friend´s gamecube. I recently acquired the Project Censored Guide to Independent Media and Activism from my girlfriend and am enjoying finding alternative news sources to read. I like to cook and work out. I like to read court briefings lately also, because I am considering going to law school after nabbing my bachelor degree at San Francisco State University. My main goal with using Smashboards is to find players in California to play Melee or Project M with. thanks for the welcome.

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Greetings everyone! I'm Tesseract. Tess for short lol. I've been playing street fighter and ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 for a long time before finally trying out project m. I like playing as Marth, Roy, Ganon, and as I write this I'm currently trying to figure out how to play brawl online with dolphin!
Tesseract is a pretty cool band from the UK, my friend just got me into them. Props!

RiceIsYummy

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I have been playing smash casually ever since 64 came out and after watching the smash documentary it has really inspired me to want to play competitively. I play a lot of StarCraft2 and PC games in general and wanna get back into console gaming. I usually play Marth but am open in learning new characters! Hopefully we can all learn a lot from one another and my sister and I also crochet a various number of nerdy gaming merchandise. If you wanna check our store here's the link:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/twinnyshoppe

Can't wait to get to know everyone! :)

TY SoapBoxFan

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, i am TY Ermacio. I, like my friend TY Soapboxfan, started playing competitive games with MK9 and then injustice. Injustice wasn't too much fun for me or the majority of our small but growing team, so we decided(with a little bit of a push) that we would try out smash. Not only has this been going over very well within our original group of 4, but we are growing and i think that we will be able to increase the number of people in our training group to 10+ people with the right motivation. I have a very strong love for SSBM and plan on putting a lot of time into the game and attending as many tournaments as I can. Currently, i am stuck between playing Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Sheik, and a couple other characters. Like Soapboxfan said, we are in Yardley, PA which is pretty close to Philadelphia and Trenton. I really hope that i can become a member of this community who can contribute and be able to play the game with some of the best. Hopefully i will be seeing some of you on the forums!
Yo whats up man lol. Are you as pumped as I am now? I'm 50 percent pumped about this and 50 percent extremely overwhelmed. It's like starting all over again. But I know we can do it.

pi.mudkip

Smash Rookie
hi my name is pi.mudkip, i don't play brawl a lot anymore, but i'm still pretty good. i honestly haven't met anyone who's better than me(meaning they can beat me consistently), but i'm pretty sure there is someone here who can easily beat me....i have like one video on youtube of brawl if you want to see how i am(it sucks i know)

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpa0ow5j4-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom