• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Emperor

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys? Just signed up here, real name's Christian. I've played mostly melee and n64. I don't really consider myself a "pro" but I am pretty good, I guess. Will be buying 4 on release day, hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys, thanks.

Madra Rua

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! I'm Madra Rua, an East coast player; I've enjoyed the Smash series in all of its incarnations since its N64 days. I decided that I want to try playing smash, in particular melee, at a higher level, and plan to attend my first local tournament in the near future. I'm excited to officially join the community, and will do my best to learn from everyone.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everybody! Well, I have the most generic tag ever, but I've been using it since the pre-brawl hype days at NSider2. I've been playing smash forever, and I got into competitive online play with the community at Nsider2. Had some good times over there with clans and stuff, but the community eventually died due to some trolls and bad administration. I eventually quit Brawl, played MvC3 and SFxT online, dropped those, and now I want to improve in Melee and P:M (and LoL).

I've been to one local tourney my whole life, where I met some friends from our NS2 community (It was hosted at a Quizno's in SoCal. Was pretty cool but I didn't get to play any casual matches, and I went 0-2 in bracket lol). I never had the chance to go to more tourneys though since I was pretty young, and my mom didn't want to drive me to locals and throw my money away.

I've been lurking these boards forever, starting from finding links to MLG Melee vids back in the day to finding some tech to use in brawl. I even made a terrible Brawl Yoshi Combo video where I DR'd once and grab release chain grabbed for 80% of the video. I tried to join the boards ages ago, but my tag was taken. I decided to try again today because I've been following and donating to the Melee Donation Drive, and I just had the urge to try and become part of a Smash community again, and this time my tage worked !

I'd like to go to tourneys, and maybe even EVO, but I am a total scrub and have a long way to go. I live in Long Beach, Cali and go to CSULB, so if anybody from here plays, I'd love to go to a tourney or smashfest or something!

Well, I look forward to my time here and maybe with a local community. Thanks for having me :3

Hello 1 and welcome to SWF!

Sucks that you quit Brawl but great that you picked up Melee. Here's the link to the Melee Character Discussion boards so you can read up on your main and his/her metagame and match ups. Also, here's the link to the Project M section.

Don't worry though, you'll get there. I'm betting you don't but if you do have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner.

Welcome again and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Whats up guys? Just signed up here, real name's Christian. I've played mostly melee and n64. I don't really consider myself a "pro" but I am pretty good, I guess. Will be buying 4 on release day, hopefully I can learn a lot from you guys, thanks.
Welcome my fellow Emperor to my domian.

Here's the link to the Melee Character Discussion boards so you can read up on your main and his/her metagame and match ups and here's the Melee Discussion for the competitive scene of Melee. Also, here's the link to the Smash 64 discussion section.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hello everyone! I'm Madra Rua, an East coast player; I've enjoyed the Smash series in all of its incarnations since its N64 days. I decided that I want to try playing smash, in particular melee, at a higher level, and plan to attend my first local tournament in the near future. I'm excited to officially join the community, and will do my best to learn from everyone.
Welcome and hello Madra to SWF!

Here's the link to the Melee Character Discussion boards so you can read up on your main and his/her metagame and match ups and here's the Melee Discussion
for the competitive scene of Melee.

It's great to have you on board! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

D

Deleted member

Intro

I'm Stephen Teng. Also known as StevenChina. I use to play N64, Melee and Brawl. I don't have these anymore. I don't share my life to anyone because I don't want to be phished. I don't like spam because it annoys me a lot. I'm looking forward to SSB4:)

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Heyo, names Lord Fluffy, call me what you will, Fluffs Fluffy whatever. I've been played smash for a long time, but i've only recently started getting more into the competitive scene. i just attended B.C Brawls monthly yesterday as my first brawl tourny and had quite a bit of fun. i learned quite a lot and i'm totally down for more competitive smash playing. I don't play SSB64 often so i'm not to big into it, but i love playing melee and am totally getting into playing brawl.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm Stephen Teng. Also known as StevenChina. I use to play N64, Melee and Brawl. I don't have these anymore. I don't share my life to anyone because I don't want to be phished. I don't like spam because it annoys me a lot. I'm looking forward to SSB4:)
Hello and welcome Steven to SWF!

I understand, I keep my personal info to myself. Anyways, here's the link to the SSB4 Discussion where you can find the latest discussion on SSB4.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Heyo, names Lord Fluffy, call me what you will, Fluffs Fluffy whatever. I've been played smash for a long time, but i've only recently started getting more into the competitive scene. i just attended B.C Brawls monthly yesterday as my first brawl tourny and had quite a bit of fun. i learned quite a lot and i'm totally down for more competitive smash playing. I don't play SSB64 often so i'm not to big into it, but i love playing melee and am totally getting into playing brawl.
Welcome and hello LF to Smashboards!

Good to hear you've been to your first tourney. Tourneys are great from my experience. Since you want to get into Brawl, here's the link to the Brawl Competitive section where you can find the latest rulesets, metagame and overall competitive discussion. Also, here's the Brawl Character section where you have specific character boards for each character. Also, here's the Melee Character section.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, kind of an old school SWFer but haven't been here in years after my interest in Brawl waned greatly and I started playing other fighters. Coming back to get back into Melee for EVO since that game was my first love. The metagame is so different now apparantly, I have a lot of catching up to do. Also interested in Project M.
Cheers.

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
Hello, I'm submediant. I've wanted to get into competitive Smash for a long time, but am only now making a real effort to do so. (Regional boards, here I come!) I've been a longtime lurker of these boards and finally decided to make an account. :p I play mostly Brawl, but I'm trying to get more into SSB64 and Melee.

Ninjapanda

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm NP. I've been on a couple forums in the past and I'm going to try and stay active here. I've played all Smash Bros. games and I'm definitely looking forward to number 4. I might even grab a Wii U just for that game haha. I'll be adding to discussion in those sections of the forum and looking more into modding my Brawl characters, seeing as I've just discovered that :)
If I'm confident enough I might join in an online tourney.
Anyway, hi!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Mr.Victory07, submediant, and Ninjapanda, and welcome to SWF, where hamburgers can be cooked underwater. Glad you can all come on board (welcome back in the case of Mr.Victory07). If you wish to play Smash Bros. competitively, you've come to the right place. There are many people who are also willing to help you with things, like advanced techniques (AT), the metagame, etc.. It can be a long and touch road, especially when there are seasoned vets, like Mew2King and Ally, but don't let adversity prevent you from clawing your way to the top, if not to have fun. Online tournaments are difficult in Brawl due to the terrible online input lag that the game is notorious for, so it should never be used as a measurement of one's skill. As for Smash 4, I too (and everyone else, I'm sure) plan on getting a Wii U solely for that game. Hopefully, the online servers will be stable enough to warrant not only playing online, but also holding tourneys for those who cannot afford to travel to nationals, etc.. Feel free to browse the boards and have fun, meet people, and did I mention having fun? If you need any help, do not hesitate to ask a moderator, administrator, or a member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee for assistance. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at SWF. Be sure to pay no mind to the occasional troll, and please do not respond to spam/advertisement threads. Also, please keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi, I'm powerfox112, and I've been playing competitive melee for about a year, and I was a long time lurker here till I decided to join.
Hello and welcome Powerfox to SWF!

I'm sure you've been to it but here's the Melee Discussion section just in case.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner anytime.

Welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay.
EEHH...I don't know if anyone here remembers me sooo...

HI XIRO! XD

*Waves like a spaz*
Hello and welcome again to SWF Mari!

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner anytime.

Welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay.

Rukifellth

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new here, but have known about the forum for some time.

I'm Rukifellth (name from a Bomberman 64 2 villian) and have been a fan of Smash Bros since the first game on the N64.

Looking forward to the new game and holding thumbs that they will add a custom character feature like we've seen in some newer fighters like Soul Calibur. (imagine the possibilities!)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Rukifellth, and welcome to SWF, where anything over a campfire is edible. Glad you can join the forums. I've been a fangirl since the N64 release as well. It's amazing how large the community has grown from what is arguably a humble series. You'll find that some people are hoping for customizable characters for Smash 4 as well too (in fact, there's a thread on the Smash 4 boards dedicated to talking about it). Feel free to explore the forums, and don't hesitate to ask a mod, admin, or member of the IBWC, like me, Old Man Grey, Ndayday, etc.. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at SWF. Do not pay any mind to the occasional troll, and please do not respond to spam/advertisement threads. Also, please keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

lazyabb

Smash Rookie
Sup everyone

I live in Raleigh, NC. I am an old school player. Huge fan of ssb64 but after I couldn't find anyone who could beat me I stopped playing. Recently I got bored and found some local players who said they were great and well... put them in there place. So now I found this site I am trying to find people who can teach me some new things about the game and beat me. I will allow anyone to choose their settings of how they play(with the exception of must be at least 3 stock and no star and hearts, game seems kinda boring then).
I mostly use Kirby, but I use to be decent with Fox and Samus back in the day. Oh and I am deadly with the bat...:smirk:
I was also looking how to get a tournament started closer to home if anyone has any recommendations?

Koh'D

Smash Rookie
Hi,
Name: Paulo
I'm a Olimar and Mr.Game&Watch player. I'm here to learn 'cause there's a regional tournament coming and it will be my first fight and I want to do my best ^^
I have a really poor english so don't look at my errors, only show me how to fix them =)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I live in Raleigh, NC. I am an old school player. Huge fan of ssb64 but after I couldn't find anyone who could beat me I stopped playing. Recently I got bored and found some local players who said they were great and well... put them in there place. So now I found this site I am trying to find people who can teach me some new things about the game and beat me. I will allow anyone to choose their settings of how they play(with the exception of must be at least 3 stock and no star and hearts, game seems kinda boring then).
I mostly use Kirby, but I use to be decent with Fox and Samus back in the day. Oh and I am deadly with the bat...:smirk:
I was also looking how to get a tournament started closer to home if anyone has any recommendations?
Hello and welcome Lazy to SWF!

I recommend heading to the Atlantic South and AS tournaments. Look for your region and check out the scene.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hi,
Name: Paulo
I'm a Olimar and Mr.Game&Watch player. I'm here to learn 'cause there's a regional tournament coming and it will be my first fight and I want to do my best ^^
I have a really poor english so don't look at my errors, only show me how to fix them =)
Hola y bienvenido a Smashboards Koh'D!

Aquí está el hilo regional de
South America. Además, aquí es la seccion de Olimar y G&W.

Si usted tiene alguna preguntas, preguntan le a me o Claire Diviner por ayudar.

Bienvenido y disfrute de su estancia!

Pooketard

Smash Rookie
New

Hey guys my name is Adam. I'm 17 and I'm new here. I've owned Brawl for about 3 years now. I main Zelda and usually play on Basic Brawl as green Zelda. I realized I'll never truly be able to test my skills unless I fight some of the better people, so that's why I'm here.. You can call me Pooke :embarrass:

Ragor

Smash Rookie
New
Hey everyone, I'm Ta'Sone Amison. I am from Toledo Ohio, I'm a Sonic mainer, and I hooe to get better at brawl by becoming a member of the smash world forums!
*waves like a spaz*

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys my name is Adam. I'm 17 and I'm new here. I've owned Brawl for about 3 years now. I main Zelda and usually play on Basic Brawl as green Zelda. I realized I'll never truly be able to test my skills unless I fight some of the better people, so that's why I'm here.. You can call me Pooke :embarrass:
Hello Pooke and welcome to Smashboards!

You've come to the right place if you want to face some players online. I also suggest AllisBrawl too. Here's a link to the Smashboards Arena where you can people to brawl against. Also, here's a link to the Brawl Zelda section where you can find all things regarding Zelda.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner.

New
Hey everyone, I'm Ta'Sone Amison. I am from Toledo Ohio, I'm a Sonic mainer, and I hooe to get better at brawl by becoming a member of the Smash World Forums!
*waves like a spaz*

Welcome and hello to Smashboards Ragor!

If you play Wi-Fi, here's a link to the Smashboards Arena where you can people to brawl against. We critique and try to better ourselves in the Arena. Also, here's a link to the Brawl Sonic section where you can find all things regarding Sonic.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner.

mar.rio

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm Mar

I feel like I used to be a part of this domain...unless it was another one...
Anyway, I used to play brawl competitively and some melee but stopped playing for a long time because of school and stuff. However, I will be downloading project M today and grinding all week for a midwest tourney in IL so hopefully I'm not as rusty as I feel I will be.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Sir Manguydude and mar.rio, and welcome to SWF, where the magic words from Beauty and the Beast isn't "I love you", but instead is "there's no place like prison in the napalm". Glad you two can join us. Here, you will find a lot of Smashers who play Brawl and Project M, so if you wish to get better and learn more about the meta game and advanced techniques (AT), feel free to ask for help, if getting better is what you wish. You (mar.rio) mentioned possibly having been in another domain; it was probably All is Brawl if not us, but at least you've joined up with the largest Smash Bros. community this side of the internet. If you two need any assistance, do not hesitate to ask a moderator, super moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee, such as me, Old Man Grey, or Lythium for help. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at SWF. Remember not to pay any mind to the occasional troll, and do not respond to any spam/advertisement threads. Also, keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
What's up guys, I'm Holden and I just joined a couple of days ago. I've played SSB since the 64 days, though I was so little I didn't really know what I was doing.. Haha, anyways I've primarily played with Pikachu since the game came out, but just recently became interested in the competitive side of brawl. I'm actually attending my first tournament this Saturday (which I found out of through this site) along with my friend, but anyways it's good to be here and I hope I can get a lot better!

mar.rio

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the welcoming Claire I really hope I can improve in this game!

I'm planning on going to SCSYN5 this Friday and Saturday so hopefully I won't get destroyed :s

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Good luck at your tourney Mar.rio.

What's up guys, I'm Holden and I just joined a couple of days ago. I've played SSB since the 64 days, though I was so little I didn't really know what I was doing.. Haha, anyways I've primarily played with Pikachu since the game came out, but just recently became interested in the competitive side of brawl. I'm actually attending my first tournament this Saturday (which I found out of through this site) along with my friend, but anyways it's good to be here and I hope I can get a lot better!
Hello and welcome to SWF Holden!

Here's a link to the Smashboards Arena. If you happen to play Wi-Fi, this is a good place to warm up for your tourney. Also, here's the link to the Brawl Character section where you can go to your character's specific board and find things like guides and other players. Good luck at your tourney!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Dizzy_King

Smash Rookie
Mayhem Brawlers- Dizzy_King

What up smashboard i am Dizzy_King and i have been a brawler for years now and only been to about 2 tournaments. I really feel like their should be more competitive play in smash bros so i created my online own league. My league is called The Mayhem Brawlers league. I am looking for 32 players , don't care how good you are just care that you stay very active on the website chat room and match schedule. The season is a 12 match season with a tournament following. There is a 2 day period to get your matches in. The website is no where near complete but we are looking to kick off our season on 2/22/13. My contact info is on the website and please join guys this will be very fun! If you are willing to join please contact me or another admin that is listed on the website by text message also make sure you read the rules and give us your user name phone number and friend code. We are reallying trying to get this thing going some come on over and chat and lets play! The website is http://mayhembrawlers.webs.com . Thank you smashboards.com for letting me share! :cool:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Dizzy_King, and welcome to SWF, where you can ride a cat bus that only kids can see (why we can see it is beyond me). I have to say your league is pretty interesting in concept, and you seem to know your way around, given you've also posted about it in the tournaments section of the forums. Good luck with your tournament; here's to hoping it goes well. Seeing as you appear to know your way around the forums, there really isn't much else to cover, though should you find yourself in need of directions, do not hesitate to ask a moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee for assistance. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, please do not reply to spam/advertisement threads. Finally, we ask that you keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

LadPrime

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, my name is LadPrime, and I'm a longtime viewer/first time poster here at SWF. I love everything Smash and play competitively amongst friends (though not at tournaments). In Smash 64, I used Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Kirby. In Melee, I used Jigglypuff and Mario. In Brawl, I primarily switch between Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede, Wario, and Wolf, but I like playing as a wide variety of characters. I am eagerly awaiting Smash Bros. 4!

Nice to meet everyone here!

Dizzy_King

Smash Rookie
Hello, Dizzy_King, and welcome to SWF, where you can ride a cat bus that only kids can see (why we can see it is beyond me). I have to say your league is pretty interesting in concept, and you seem to know your way around, given you've also posted about it in the tournaments section of the forums. Good luck with your tournament; here's to hoping it goes well. Seeing as you appear to know your way around the forums, there really isn't much else to cover, though should you find yourself in need of directions, do not hesitate to ask a moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee for assistance. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, please do not reply to spam/advertisement threads. Finally, we ask that you keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

Thanks Claire Diviner Thanks for the complement but. If you want to join you can! If you can can you please spread the word for me in maybe the tournament listing. Only have 3 members so far

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi everyone, my name is LadPrime, and I'm a longtime viewer/first time poster here at SWF. I love everything Smash and play competitively amongst friends (though not at tournaments). In Smash 64, I used Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Kirby. In Melee, I used Jigglypuff and Mario. In Brawl, I primarily switch between Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, King Dedede, Wario, and Wolf, but I like playing as a wide variety of characters. I am eagerly awaiting Smash Bros. 4!

Nice to meet everyone here!
Hello Lad and welcome to Smashboards!

Since you're a long-time viewer, I'm sure you know you way around and don't need any directions but if you do need help, please feel free to let me or Claire Diviner know.

Welcome and enjoy your stay droogie!

Iheartkookys

Smash Rookie
Hi!

Hey, I'm Iheartkookys, but you can just call me kooky.
I am a HUGE Nintendo fan, and I like to play Olimar.

Safaridor

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,
my name is safaridor (sa-far-ee-door) but usually just shorten it. I have frequented these forums for close to a month to learn more of the advanced techniques to help my game, and realized that I never made an account yet. I'll probably just hang out the forums for general brawl, game and watch, and zelda. There's a couple characters I'm interested in, but will probably try to master one character before building my secondary.
It's nice to be an actual member of the forums now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, iheartkookys and Safaridor, and welcome to SWF, where after hours of finally changing forum engines, it still retains that new forum smell. I'm glad you two could come on board. If you have lurked the boards previously before the change, you'll find that the boards are pretty organized in more or less the same way as before, but this time with a new interface, so it isn't confusing to navigate. That said, it will still be a new experience for everyone - regular users and mods alike. Feel free to browse the boards to your hearts content in the meantime, and if you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to ask a moderator, super moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee, such as me, Old Man Grey, and Ndayday for assistance. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF. Be sure to pay no mind to the occasional troll, and do not reply to spam/advertisement threads. Also, please keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums (is it still called that, or is it just "Smashboards" now?) are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom