• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Hello everyone. Ive been playing Brawl for quite some time now(havent gotten the opprotunity to play Melee or 64). I've made some posts already and made an account late last year but didnt notice the welcome section till just now(when the site's format has changed), so I figured why not. Although I havn't been pretty active in posting since then and now, SWF have been my sort of "database" for improving my game and I would not have gotten as good as I am without all the help. That said, I beleive myself to be an intermidiate or mid level player and I'm still trying to get better. My main character is Yoshi, and I also have practice with Dedede, Lucario, and PT. I was currently looking into practicing with falco or marth to round off some MU's but i'm still dealing with the learning curve associated with the characters xD. Lastly, I'd like to say that i'm pretty much the only person I know that uses the Wiiromte + Nunchuck. I had become accustomed to the controls since I didnt own a GC controller at the time. Even so, I beleive the wiimote + chuck to have most if not all of the same capabillities of the GC controllers and (for me at least) to be more flexible. Propper practice is something I cant fine these days however.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone. Ive been playing Brawl for quite some time now(havent gotten the opprotunity to play Melee or 64). I've made some posts already and made an account late last year but didnt notice the welcome section till just now(when the site's format has changed), so I figured why not. Although I havn't been pretty active in posting since then and now, SWF have been my sort of "database" for improving my game and I would not have gotten as good as I am without all the help. That said, I beleive myself to be an intermidiate or mid level player and I'm still trying to get better. My main character is Yoshi, and I also have practice with Pikachu and Dedede. I was currently looking into practicing with falco or marth to round off some MU's but i'm still dealing with the learning curve associated with the characters xD. Lastly, I'd like to say that i'm pretty much the only person I know that uses the Wiiromte + Nunchuck. I had become accustomed to the controls since I didnt own a GC controller at the time. Even so, I beleive the wiimote + chuck to have most if not all of the same capabillities of the GC controllers and (for me at least) to be more flexible. Propper practice is something I cant fine these days however.
Hello and welcome courage to SWF!

I see you found the Arena. I hope you like it there.

If you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for assistance.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!
OMG HOW DO I ROL IN SMAHS BRODERS!
Well, usually you roll by hold either L or R and pushing the control stick either left or right.

Hello guys, I am TYC02 from the KCMM community. Here, i go by my YT name :p. Happy to be here.
Hello and welcome to SWF Thomas!

KCMM is a great place. Are you a developer of hacks by any chance?

If you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for assistance.

IKingIRI

Smash Rookie
NNID
RoyReku
3DS FC
2036-7053-5620
Hey
I've been playing Smash on and off for the last few years. I recently got back into the scene, and would like to play more when I can.
I main Falco and Pikachu in Brawl.
I'm also in Minnesota, which is a place where tourneys are pretty much dead. If there are any tourneys you know that are in Central or SE Minnesota, please let me know.
kthxbai

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey
I've been playing Smash on and off for the last few years. I recently got back into the scene, and would like to play more when I can.
I main Falco and Pikachu in Brawl.
I'm also in Minnesota, which is a place where tourneys are pretty much dead. If there are any tourneys you know that are in Central or SE Minnesota, please let me know.
kthxbai
Hello there, welcome to SWF King!

Here's a link to Pikachu's Brawl Character board: http://smashboards.com/forums/149/ and Falco's Brawl Character board: http://smashboards.com/forums/173/. Character boards are dedicated sections for a specific character. Usually, you'll have videos, guides and a social thread where other people who main that character reside at.

As for your regional zone, here's a link to the Midwest section: http://smashboards.com/forums/92/ and the Midwest tournaments: http://smashboards.com/forums/51/?prefix_id=3.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for assistance.

Once again, welcome to SWF and enjoy your stay.

Arctic Daishi

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm Kevin and I'm from Missouri. I'm currently attending college, where I am studying political science. I have been a gamer my entire life, though I only more recently started getting involved with competitive gaming, anime, cosplaying and Japanese culture.

As a child my dream was to become a professional StarCraft player and I'm still at least somewhat pursuing that dream. Despite playing for Brood War for over a decade, I still have much to learn. After college I aspire to run for public office, likely starting with my state's legislature.

Sorry for such a brief introduction, I never have been good at talking about myself, which is a rather odd quality for a politician. Anyway, I hope to see you all around the boards!

thomasthemagician

Smash Rookie

Well, usually you roll by hold either L or R and pushing the control stick either left or right.

Hello and welcome to SWF Thomas!

KCMM is a great place. Are you a developer of hacks by any chance?

yup! i can make character textures and audio hacks ( mostly audio hacks) (BRSTMS) i also sometimes hang around in the smash IRC and KCMM IRC

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone, I'm Kevin and I'm from Missouri. I'm currently attending college, where I am studying political science. I have been a gamer my entire life, though I only more recently started getting involved with competitive gaming, anime, cosplaying and Japanese culture.

As a child my dream was to become a professional StarCraft player and I'm still at least somewhat pursuing that dream. Despite playing for Brood War for over a decade, I still have much to learn. After college I aspire to run for public office, likely starting with my state's legislature.

Sorry for such a brief introduction, I never have been good at talking about myself, which is a rather odd quality for a politician. Anyway, I hope to see you all around the boards!
Hello Kevin and welcome to SWF!

It's better to not be part of the norm I say. Good luck with your political career! At least you won't sound like most politicians. Well here's the Media Metropolis which I believe has a couple of anime/Japanese thread: http://smashboards.com/forums/53/.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for assistance.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.
yup! i can make character textures and audio hacks ( mostly audio hacks) (BRSTMS) i also sometimes hang around in the smash IRC and KCMM IRC
Oh good. Do you know about the hacking section we have here on SWF? If not, here's the Brawl Workshop: http://smashboards.com/forums/209/.

Sawybean

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!
I'm Sawybean. :)

I guess I should say somethings about myself.
I'm a huge gamer and a huge movie fanatic.
And I like acting as well!

Yay.
If I should say something else, just let me know...

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261

Thanks i appreciate it! And yea i'm lovin the Arena. Best idea ever :]

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
HAIGUYZ! Lol, I actually joined this site in 2011 but I totally wasn't active at all like I wanted to make myself when I originally registered Cx Formerly, I went by Jakester, but now with the attendance of my first real tournament ever...I have become tiGGer!!! Anyhow, I mainly play Melee and P:M. I'd like to play SSB64 but I can't see myself getting too good at that anytime soon; especially since I'm still pretty bad at Melee xD In Melee I main Mr. Game & Watch and Falco Lombardi, while still playing a bit of everyone like Pika, Yoshi, The Doctor, Mewtwo, Fox, The Fire Emblem Swordsmen, the Links, and DK. As I stated earlier, I went to my first tournament pretty recently...PATS2 in Houston, Tx...the competition there was so fierce, I didn't come close to making it out the pools! And of course the first tournament I go to is pretty big, and of course my matches actually GET RECORDED, Dx lolz...so bad, so bad...I don't know how to hyperlink just yet, but here are some links to two sets of me playing Game & Watch. The videos of my falco aren't uploaded just yet .-. but yeah, I'm pretty bad.

Set against Pablo's Ganondorf: http://youtu.be/VkotzciH6l0
Set against Skeith's Link: http://youtu.be/UEcvR7Qfz_Q

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord

Hi everyone! I'm SaxophoneofTime, and I'm a Melee and Project M player from Michigan; I main Doc in Melee, and Lucario in Project M. I've always loved Smash since a kid, and I want to start getting into it a lot more! Sadly, due to my age, distance from other players, and family situations at the moment, I can't drive/get a ride to a tourney. Still, I'm starting to practice a lot, and I sometimes stream my practice (and other games) on my Twitch.tv page: www.twitch.tv/saxophoneoftime. I hope to be a part of the forums!

DaiRDev1L

Hero of Hyrule
Greetings! I'm GMF, a Middle Tennessee-based SSBM player. I've been a casual smasher for many years, but have recently been seriously training and refining my technique. I love the game and competition. I'm probably going to college in New England, where there's a lot more Melee action, apparently. I want to succeed in tournaments and be the best that I can be, period. But to do that, I need to train with another serious smasher; one who's not necessarily even that skilled, just dedicated. Can someone help me to find a training partner?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi everyone! I'm SaxophoneofTime, and I'm a Melee and Project M player from Michigan; I main Doc in Melee, and Lucario in Project M. I've always loved Smash since a kid, and I want to start getting into it a lot more! Sadly, due to my age, distance from other players, and family situations at the moment, I can't drive/get a ride to a tourney. Still, I'm starting to practice a lot, and I sometimes stream my practice (and other games) on my Twitch.tv page: www.twitch.tv/saxophoneoftime. I hope to be a part of the forums!

Hello and welcome to SWF Sax!

Here's the links to the Dr. Mario section and the P:M Lucario section. Sorry to hear you have difficulties attending tournies. Here's a link to the Regional Zone to see if maybe there's some local stuff near you. Now with the new site, you can post Twitch stuff!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Greetings! I'm GMF, a Middle Tennessee-based SSBM player. I've been a casual smasher for many years, but have recently been seriously training and refining my technique. I love the game and competition. I'm probably going to college in New England, where there's a lot more Melee action, apparently. I want to succeed in tournaments and be the best that I can be, period. But to do that, I need to train with another serious smasher; one who's not necessarily even that skilled, just dedicated. Can someone help me to find a training partner?
Hello and welcome to SWF Jeffrey!

I may have just the thing. Check out the Regional Zone for local players or check out the Mentor Program for a mentor!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Hi everyone, I'm Amical! I feel a bit awkward posting this, since I have no idea what I'm doing... Lol. Anyway, I play SSBB almost 24/7, (But not like a nerd-living-in-his-mother's-basement kind of thing, haha), but I've always had one problem. I've never had anybody but the anonymous players online to brawl with! As a few of you might know, it can be quite annoying when playing online like that. So I've decided to try and find a place where I could meet other players, brawl with them, and have a fun time, and I think this may be the place! Although it may be hard for me to stay active, I hope I can get to know a few of you~

GrilledCheese

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm GrilledCheese.
I play Melee a ton with friends. While the group I play with isn't that amazing, I feel really connected to the game. I feel driven to practice and improve my tech skill and play-style, and I thought, what better place to start than Smashboards.
I main Jigglypuff, but find it more interesting to play other characters, like DK and G&W. At the moment I'm trying to develop my Samus to be a solid secondary, or maybe even my new main.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi everyone, I'm Amical! I feel a bit awkward posting this, since I have no idea what I'm doing... Lol. Anyway, I play SSBB almost 24/7, (But not like a nerd-living-in-his-mother's-basement kind of thing, haha), but I've always had one problem. I've never had anybody but the anonymous players online to brawl with! As a few of you might know, it can be quite annoying when playing online like that. So I've decided to try and find a place where I could meet other players, brawl with them, and have a fun time, and I think this may be the place! Although it may be hard for me to stay active, I hope I can get to know a few of you~
Hello and welcome to SWF Amical!

You've come to the right place, the Smashboards Arena is the perfect place that you're looking for. We have regulars who are always looking for a match. You'll meet new and challenging players there.

Also, if you have any questions about the site or need directions, feel free to ask me for help.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello I'm a Rogue Player with no Local Shop, Team or Meta but am here to dominate all meta possible. :) Teach me so i can win.
Hello and welcome to SWF Hebi!

I am unfamiliar with what you're asking for but if you can be more specific, I'd be more than glad to help.

Hey, I'm GrilledCheese.
I play Melee a ton with friends. While the group I play with isn't that amazing, I feel really connected to the game. I feel driven to practice and improve my tech skill and play-style, and I thought, what better place to start than Smashboards.
I main Jigglypuff, but find it more interesting to play other characters, like DK and G&W. At the moment I'm trying to develop my Samus to be a solid secondary, or maybe even my new main.
Welcome and hello to SWF Grilled!

I gotta give you props for having Gdubs in your hand. Here's the links to the Jigglypuff, Gdubs and DK sections. Seems like you've found the Samus section.

Also, if you have any questions about the site or need directions, feel free to ask me for help.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Tarzan le Gitan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!
Tarzan le Gitan, French (so I'm sorry my english isn't perfect), human being (I think) since 1995 and gamer (I'm sure) since 1998.
I first started SB when Melee came out, but I was pretty bad (the "that Kirby player that only knows Side-B and spam items" kind of bad), and with Brawl I learnt to roll, grab, and attack with A, but I was still really bad, until I discovered that Smash/Mario Kart association in my town, and began to train myself kinda hard.

So now I play Falco on Brawl and Dr Mario on Melee, and although I don't have a clear episode preference (My perfect SSB4 would be Brawl's physics and controls with Melee's speed and airdodge, but without the possibility of wavedash that I don't find interresting, and NO TRIPPING RAHHH), i'm clearly better at Brawl with my Falco. I admit that I'm absolutely not fairplay in a serious match/tournament situation (Chaingrab (I count them out loud for better effect), Grab release, Camping, Taunt, etc. I like to play with the nerves of my opponent.) but in a fun match, I don't even care if I win, I try stupid strategies with crazy characters (did somebody said Suicide Ganondorf?) and just enjoy the game for what it is : a game. I also love to teach newcomers about the game and it's characters

I can also play Lucario (Defensive on the ground, aggressive in the air) and Pikachu (Dsmash Dsmash Dsmash Dsmash Dsmash Dsmash)

I play other games too! I like Starcraft 2, LoL, Team Fortress 2, Street Fighter 3.3, and I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series and the Golden Sun Series.

In my signature you will find the site of my Smash Bros/Mario Kart association, as well as another association about classic VS Fighting in my town (in French, of course :p)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello Tarzan and welcome to SWF!

Viewing at your member date, I don't think you'd need directions but if you need any asiistance, I'd be happy to help.

I'm glad to see you're still here, I hope you continue to enjoy it here!

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Hello everybody!

I'm Jules, from France (Two French guys in two days, incredible isn't it?), and I'm playing Brawl since 2010 I believe. I mained Snake at first, but I moved on to Marth, Lucario and the random button when I realized he was... cheap, sometimes. Also Captain Falcon FTW! He's awesome. More generally, I play only for fun, doing whatever seems to be appropriate and grabbing whatever comes my way. I also never nitpick on the stages, welcoming even Elektroplankton and 75 M.

I mainly came here for the Make Your Move threads, discovered when I was happily strolling through the Net, but I will try to participate in the other threads as well. If I can overcome my english's random brokenness, though. :p

Can I say anything else? Well, I'm getting Naruto Storm 3 tomorrow (I can't waiiiiit) and I play many other fighting games. Also waiting for Injustice, SSB4 (Like everybody here I presume) and Half-Life 3 (yes I'm very patient :p ).

Looking forward to talking with you guys. :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello and wlcome to SWF Kamar!

You hyped for Injustice? What character are you going to main?

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
That's a good question. Aquaman looks really cool, but Nightwing and Harley Quinn are pretty nice too. I guess the random button will be my friend once again!

Insom

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone!

I'm Cody. I started playing Smash when I was about 7. I played nearly every day for a year. I found the advanced technique videos when I was 13, and started playing "good". I put good in quotations because I still sucked. I stopped playing as often because I wanted to play other games. Also because I lost the disk. Twice. Then my brother broke it and I had to get a new one. 2 years ago I started playing a lot again, because at this point I'd played all my other games to death, and I had no money to get more. Last year I went no life on melee. I started playing almost every day again. I watched tourney vids and stuff like that all the time. I was watching Scar's twitch during the dropping of the spirit bomb, and I met Pbnj in the chat and he told me to get on smashboards. And here I am.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello and welcme to SWF Insom!

PB&J's an OK guy. If you need any directions to the site, let me know.

Once again, welcome and I hope you continue to stay here!

Oh, I like your signature.

SuperMarioKarter

Smash Rookie
Hi!
I'm SuperMarioKarter or SMK for short. My first exposure to Smash when my cousins got it on their N64 back in 2000. I got Melee a month after my Gamecube in 2003 and Brawl on release day. (My first and only midnight release. Never again) I was bored with Brawl until I downloaded Project M last summer and I'm loving it. I consider myself good-but-not-that-good, but competitive Smash is something I've always wanted to get into. I main Toon Link and play Ganondorf and Pit on the side.

Cyclonist

Smash Rookie
Uhh... Hello, I guess.

I'm not really new to SWF, I just never really bothered making an account. I only know how to play (thought I have not been playing for a very, very long time) Melee. Just wanted to take the chance to say my greetings. I'm from Canada and a good friend of Sion's; however, unlike him, I am really bad at this game.

Though earlier I was hanging out with him and he was (net)playing Persona 4 Arena--if any of you have ever heard of that game. I've invested a lot of time playing the game (and teaching him the ways of Akihiko) but I haven't had the time to play much as of late. In fact, while I was over at his place, he asked me to play. I played one game against this Narukami player: he seemed a bit scary with his 700+ PSR but it turns out he was quite free. Anyways, I only played one game because I wasn't too interested in a low-level lobby.

I don't really know what else to say so I'll stop here.

TL;DR: I love Smash!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, I'm the new guy. Couldn't really think of a better name, so I just used the same one as my Youtube name. As far as my history with the Smash series, I've played melee and brawl a good bit, though I like melee a little bit more than brawl, but their some of my favorite games. The first time I ever played Smash was 8 or maybe 9 nine years ago. Melee was like the 4th game I got to play on my Gamecube. I don't play on a pro-level though. Still I'm really looking forward to SSB4. As far as characters go, I mostly go with the Mario bros., Fox, Samus, and Shiek.

Neko92

Smash Rookie
Hello

My Name's Neko. I've been playing this series since the N64. I'm pretty good but what brings me here is the desire to become better (and possibally the best)

My main is Marth
I play with a few other chars as well

but i feel that i am a prety damn good Oldmanondorf

Kramwood

Smash Cadet
Hey. My name's kramwood.

I've had melee for years, but never really got into the technical part of it until the last year or so. I main marth, but I'm also not too bad with fox. I mean my hands aren't that fast, but I can waveshine and other stuff. Overall I think my movement can be a little shotty at times, but I'm not that bad at it.

I'm also actually looking for some tourney's/other players in my area, but haven't really had any luck. I live in Southern New Hampshire, and it's kind of hard to find tourney's like this around here.

Also, for some reason I can't change my avatar. It says there's a sever error.

Frost Fledgling

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Frost. I've been in the Texas smash community for a while, but haven't ever had a smashboards account. As my name implies, I play as I.C. but can never not desync them for some reason, which still always kinda gets on my nerves. I draw a lot, and I'm working on either animations most of the time or simple silly art. Other times, I'm doing school work ~le online college nerd~. Sometimes though, I stream old games like Legend of Mana, but it's not like anybody would watch such an overlooked game. So, everyone, what's up?:008:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Neko92, Kramwood, and Frost Fledgling, and welcome to Smashboards, where old school is flames shooting up into a flock of burger meat. So you guys wish to get into the technical aspects of Smash Bros.? Well, look no further, as you can visit the character-specific boards for your mains for each corresponding game. Whether it's Ice Climber desyncing, or learning to wavedash or L-cancel, do not be afraid to ask other members for help, especially those with "Melee Backroomer" in their title; they're sure to help you with any aspect of Melee/Project M. Same goes for Backroomers of other Smash games. If you feel lost, feel free to ask a moderator, super moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee (anyone listed as mods for the Welcome Center) for assistance. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at Smashboards, and remember to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, do not respond to spam/advertisement threads. Finally, please keep your belongings secure, as Smashboards are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

P.S. Frost Fledgling, I agree that Legend of Mana is an often overlooked game. Is it as great as Secret of Mana? That's up to debate, but Legend of Mana is among my favorites in the series. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is aware of that game's existence.

Frost Fledgling

Smash Rookie
Hello, Neko92, Kramwood, and Frost Fledgling, and welcome to Smashboards, where old school is flames shooting up into a flock of burger meat. So you guys wish to get into the technical aspects of Smash Bros.? Well, look no further, as you can visit the character-specific boards for your mains for each corresponding game. Whether it's Ice Climber desyncing, or learning to wavedash or L-cancel, do not be afraid to ask other members for help, especially those with "Melee Backroomer" in their title; they're sure to help you with any aspect of Melee/Project M. Same goes for Backroomers of other Smash games. If you feel lost, feel free to ask a moderator, super moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee (anyone listed as mods for the Welcome Center) for assistance. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at Smashboards, and remember to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, do not respond to spam/advertisement threads. Finally, please keep your belongings secure, as Smashboards are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

P.S. Frost Fledgling, I agree that Legend of Mana is an often overlooked game. Is it as great as Secret of Mana? That's up to debate, but Legend of Mana is among my favorites in the series. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is aware of that game's existence.
To me, it's a pretty good game, but then again, I have some kind of issue with paying attention to just one storyline. Honestly, I like the Jumi storyline out of all of them, will never be able to fully explain it though. But yay!! Someone else knows it.

FreddyHemil

Smash Rookie
hello, Guys my name's freddy, I'm new in New York city and I would like to know good smasher on ssbm. I had long time with out play this game but I'm just want to start again. I got A good fox, Capt Falcon, Falco and ganondorf. I hope to hear soon of you.

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
Hey all, I'm Blue Mage. I've been a Smasher for a while, and I'm here to improve myself. I have a nice technical grasp on the Smash games I play, but I severely lack match-up experience. You might see me browsing the character forums learning about the matchups for my characters. I hope to one day compete with Smash players in a top level tournament.

My mains are:
64 Main: Ness, Secondary: Jigglypuff
Melee Main: Jigglypuff, Secondary: Dr. Mario
Brawl Main: Olimar
Project M Main: Donkey Kong, Secondary: Snake, Jigglypuff

Hello again, and it is nice to meet you all. I can't wait to broaden my knowledge of Smash!

Rayvales

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone My name is Ray and i have been playing super smash since the day it was released on the Nintendo 64.
I have allways played Link in every game and i rarely do any other characters, i have been unable to play Melee in a long time dou to my disc got so much usage that its not readable anymore (dident know it was possible)

Lately i started with Brawl again after a years break and decided it was time for me to find a forum and join so i might get to do some friendly competitions with you guys :) if you feel up to the challange your more than welcome!

Thats for me!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Sorry to all the newcomers. I've been pretty busy lately.

Hi!
I'm SuperMarioKarter or SMK for short. My first exposure to Smash when my cousins got it on their N64 back in 2000. I got Melee a month after my Gamecube in 2003 and Brawl on release day. (My first and only midnight release. Never again) I was bored with Brawl until I downloaded Project M last summer and I'm loving it. I consider myself good-but-not-that-good, but competitive Smash is something I've always wanted to get into. I main Toon Link and play Ganondorf and Pit on the side.
Hello and welcome to SWF SMK!

Personally, I'm not a fan of P:M but good to hear you're wanting to get into competitive Smash! If you're playing P:M, here's the link to the Toon Link, Ganondorf and Pit P:M sections.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Uhh... Hello, I guess.

I'm not really new to SWF, I just never really bothered making an account. I only know how to play (thought I have not been playing for a very, very long time) Melee. Just wanted to take the chance to say my greetings. I'm from Canada and a good friend of Sion's; however, unlike him, I am really bad at this game.

Though earlier I was hanging out with him and he was (net)playing Persona 4 Arena--if any of you have ever heard of that game. I've invested a lot of time playing the game (and teaching him the ways of Akihiko) but I haven't had the time to play much as of late. In fact, while I was over at his place, he asked me to play. I played one game against this Narukami player: he seemed a bit scary with his 700+ PSR but it turns out he was quite free. Anyways, I only played one game because I wasn't too interested in a low-level lobby.

I don't really know what else to say so I'll stop here.

TL;DR: I love Smash!
Hello Cyclonist and welcome to SWF!

Just in case you don't know, here's a link to the Light House's Persona 4 thread.

Hope you still like it here.

Hey, I'm the new guy. Couldn't really think of a better name, so I just used the same one as my Youtube name. As far as my history with the Smash series, I've played melee and brawl a good bit, though I like melee a little bit more than brawl, but their some of my favorite games. The first time I ever played Smash was 8 or maybe 9 nine years ago. Melee was like the 4th game I got to play on my Gamecube. I don't play on a pro-level though. Still I'm really looking forward to SSB4. As far as characters go, I mostly go with the Mario bros., Fox, Samus, and Shiek.
Welcome and hello to SWF User!

Here's a link to the SSB4 Discussion if you want to discuss it with other users.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Claire Diviner for help.

Hello

My Name's Neko. I've been playing this series since the N64. I'm pretty good but what brings me here is the desire to become better (and possibally the best)

My main is Marth
I play with a few other chars as well

but i feel that i am a prety damn good Oldmanondorf
Hello and welcome Neko to SWF!

Ol' Man Dorf eh? You have fine character taste. Here's a link to the Brawl Ganon or Melee Ganon (You didn't mention what Smash title you played).

Hey. My name's kramwood.

I've had melee for years, but never really got into the technical part of it until the last year or so. I main marth, but I'm also not too bad with fox. I mean my hands aren't that fast, but I can waveshine and other stuff. Overall I think my movement can be a little shotty at times, but I'm not that bad at it.

I'm also actually looking for some tourney's/other players in my area, but haven't really had any luck. I live in Southern New Hampshire, and it's kind of hard to find tourney's like this around here.

Also, for some reason I can't change my avatar. It says there's a sever error.
Welcome and hello to the world of SWF Kramwood!

Currently, we're having a problem with the avatars but here's a solution/workaround to it. Here's the link.

You'll get there man, just keep practicing. Here's the link to the Marth and Fox sections. Also, if you're looking for locals, here's the Regional Zone thread. I don't know what region NH would go in but you know NH more than me so I'm sure you can find your region and once you do, try and see if there are any locals near your area.

Hi, I'm Frost. I've been in the Texas smash community for a while, but haven't ever had a smashboards account. As my name implies, I play as I.C. but can never not desync them for some reason, which still always kinda gets on my nerves. I draw a lot, and I'm working on either animations most of the time or simple silly art. Other times, I'm doing school work ~le online college nerd~. Sometimes though, I stream old games like Legend of Mana, but it's not like anybody would watch such an overlooked game. So, everyone, what's up?:008:
Hello and welcome to SWF Frost!

Luck you, I'd love to go to Texas tournies/weeklies. I've only been to one (WUMBO 4).

If you draw and you're not afraid to post it, you can go to the Artwork Emporium to post it and socialize with other artists. Also, now with the new site, you can link your stream and can be linked to on the site for others to check out.

hello, Guys my name's freddy, I'm new in New York city and I would like to know good smasher on ssbm. I had long time with out play this game but I'm just want to start again. I got A good fox, Capt Falcon, Falco and ganondorf. I hope to hear soon of you.
Welcome Freddy and hello to the world of SWF!

Well, here's the link to the Melee Character section, just go to the section that you character main. Also, try and look for other SSBM New Yorkers in here.

Hey all, I'm Blue Mage. I've been a Smasher for a while, and I'm here to improve myself. I have a nice technical grasp on the Smash games I play, but I severely lack match-up experience. You might see me browsing the character forums learning about the matchups for my characters. I hope to one day compete with Smash players in a top level tournament.

My mains are:
64 Main: Ness, Secondary: Jigglypuff
Melee Main: Jigglypuff, Secondary: Dr. Mario
Brawl Main: Olimar
Project M Main: Donkey Kong, Secondary: Snake, Jigglypuff

Hello again, and it is nice to meet you all. I can't wait to broaden my knowledge of Smash!
Blue Mage, welcome to SWF!

Here you are:

64: Ness, Jigglypuff
Melee: Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario
Brawl: Olimar
P:M: DK, Snake and Jigglypuff

You can find guides, match-up discussion and other info regarding that character in their respective section.

Hello everyone My name is Ray and i have been playing super smash since the day it was released on the Nintendo 64.
I have allways played Link in every game and i rarely do any other characters, i have been unable to play Melee in a long time dou to my disc got so much usage that its not readable anymore (dident know it was possible)

Lately i started with Brawl again after a years break and decided it was time for me to find a forum and join so i might get to do some friendly competitions with you guys :) if you feel up to the challange your more than welcome!

Thats for me!

Hello and welcome Rayvales to SWF!

Glad for you to join us! If you're talking about Brawl online when you posted about friendly competition, welcome to the Arena. You can definitely fine other players to brawl with in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom