• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlife

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'm Newlife, I'm new here, I'm a smasher from Spain and I'm stayin' in Las Vegas for 2 weeks... Is there anybody anybody from there that I could speak to?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!!!

ccrwnn

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!

My name is Charlie and I'm from the Bay Area in Norcal. I'm still in high school (senior) and am hoping to get more involved in the smash community once school is over.

My older brother got to play s2j once, since he goes to UCLA and dormed a hall down from him (I think). He told me he got 4-stocked pretty badly though haha, like it wasn't even worth playing smash anymore after losing like that.

I main Fox/Falco and learned most of my tech skill from the spacies and Mango on the streams and YT. Favorite move is probably the moonwalk to edgegrab, but it's pretty hard for me to do. Hopefully I can attend a local tourney soon and see what getting steamrolled is like.

Hope I can contribute and learn on the boards!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm Newlife, I'm new here, I'm a smasher from Spain and I'm stayin' in Las Vegas for 2 weeks... Is there anybody anybody from there that I could speak to?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!!!
Hello and welcome New to SWF!

What do you mean by anybody to speak to? I can help once you let me know what you meant.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hi everyone!

My name is Charlie and I'm from the Bay Area in Norcal. I'm still in high school (senior) and am hoping to get more involved in the smash community once school is over.

My older brother got to play s2j once, since he goes to UCLA and dormed a hall down from him (I think). He told me he got 4-stocked pretty badly though haha, like it wasn't even worth playing smash anymore after losing like that.

I main Fox/Falco and learned most of my tech skill from the spacies and Mango on the streams and YT. Favorite move is probably the moonwalk to edgegrab, but it's pretty hard for me to do. Hopefully I can attend a local tourney soon and see what getting steamrolled is like.

Hope I can contribute and learn on the boards!
Hello and welcome CCR to SWF!

Hopefully you get a chance to attend a tourney. Personally, they are fun and a great experience.

You can contribute at your own pace. Don't worry, you get the hang of the boards.

Welcome and enjoy your stay here CCR.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Hello. My name is Shiruzato, and I have just recently joined this forum. As a matter of fact, I have only been registered for a few minutes as of this post. I assume the rules of these forums follow those of a typical forum, but if I ever don't follow the rules, please kindly explain to me where I went wrong and what I can do to prevent it next time.

I apologize in advance if I ever come off as rude, pretentious, pompous, or self-righteous. I simply wish to remain dignified on most forums unless given a reason otherwise in order to be respectful and law-abiding.

If you read my profile, you will know that I am a HUGE fan of Smash, and I am in no way new to the series and am more than familiar with the technical aspects of the game. I have come here both for competent SSB4 speculations (rosters, movesets, items, stages, and familiarizing the misguided with the rules of the game's roster inclusion) and new roleplaying experiences (I like to see the creativity of others :D).

So, now that all is said and done, I have a question; in the profile editor, it asks if you want to display an RPG character name and world, and only ONE of each. Is there only one RPG, or should I only join one RPG at a time?
Grey left you out of his welcome post D:

Welcome to the forums Shiruzato! :D

You can find all the info about Smash 4 here. Please read the stickied threads before posting there, to avoid making duplicate topics.

I'm guessing you like to RPG, you can find RPGs in the Decisive Games board. As to the user CP question, I believe that refers to your real-life roleplay character. (if you have one) I'm not sure though.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and I hope you like it. ^-^

Newlife

Smash Rookie
Hello and welcome New to SWF!

What do you mean by anybody to speak to? I can help once you let me know what you meant.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hello and welcome CCR to SWF!

Hopefully you get a chance to attend a tourney. Personally, they are fun and a great experience.

You can contribute at your own pace. Don't worry, you get the hang of the boards.

Welcome and enjoy your stay here CCR.
What I meant was that if there is someone from Las Vegas? I'm just stayin here for a couple of weeks but I'll be back for christmas too, so it would be nice to know someone from the smash community in Las Vegas. My english is very bad, I speak better than I write...

Y

Yodery

My name's Victoria, I'm 15 years old, and I don't care what my mama says, I'm gonna have a baby. I will do whatever it takes to take care of my baby. If it comes down to prostituting my body, then so be it. I'm gonna dress my baby in all brand names, and if I can't afford it, then I guess I'm gonna still it. My mama thinks that I'm not ready to have a baby, but I have everything my baby will need. If my baby gets cold, and it needs a blanket, it's alright, 'cause I have it. And if my baby needs clothes, it's cool, 'cause I have tons of them, and if my baby loses her pacifier, I have three more.

I'm not just having sex with one, not two, but thu-ree different guys. That's right! I'm a player, but that's cool, 'cause I got it like that. My life dreams are to drop out of school, to be on "Girls Gone Wild", and to have my baby.

And there's nothing my stupid mother can say to change my mind.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What I meant was that if there is someone from Las Vegas? I'm just stayin here for a couple of weeks but I'll be back for christmas too, so it would be nice to know someone from the smash community in Las Vegas. My english is very bad, I speak better than I write...
There's a kinda small community in Las Vegas for both Melee and Brawl. I think there are a few here who play 64 too, but I don't personally know any of them. Where in Vegas are you staying?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My name's Victoria, I'm 15 years old, and I don't care what my mama says, I'm gonna have a baby. I will do whatever it takes to take care of my baby. If it comes down to prostituting my body, then so be it. I'm gonna dress my baby in all brand names, and if I can't afford it, then I guess I'm gonna still it. My mama thinks that I'm not ready to have a baby, but I have everything my baby will need. If my baby gets cold, and it needs a blanket, it's alright, 'cause I have it. And if my baby needs clothes, it's cool, 'cause I have tons of them, and if my baby loses her pacifier, I have three more.

I'm not just having sex with one, not two, but thu-ree different guys. That's right! I'm a player, but that's cool, 'cause I got it like that. My life dreams are to drop out of school, to be on "Girls Gone Wild", and to have my baby.

:phone:

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium

Lol Yodery...

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Hi, I'm LockableFaceman. You can call me Lock. Or Cheah. Either's good.
I live in central Washington State. Most specifically Moses Lake. I came here to find people to play with (I'll direct that to the proper thread)

I play Project: M, Brawl, Melee and 64. I've yet to play competitively in any of those games. Which is why I've come here.
I'll do anything to become the very best! It'll be a hard and treturous journey but I'm up to the task.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, LockableFaceman, and welcome to SWF, where balloons are as valuable as a man's newspaper. Glad to have you on board. Also good to know you're familiar with where to go around the boards to post in proper sections, so that's always a plus. You want to get better? Then look no further than here, where you can learn about advanced techniques, as well as the metagame for all Smash Bros. (except Project M; that game is still too new and still in the works). The best way to get experience is to join tourneys. You don't necessarily have to enter the tourney, but you can play some friendly matches for practice that way. If not, there's also the Smashboards Arena located in the link provided below, where you can play people via wi-fi, so as long as you understand how laggy that environment can be. Feel free to explore the boards and make friends; most everyone here are quite nice and helpful. Until then, please enjoy your stay here at SWF, and remember to pay no mind to the occasional troll, and do not respond to spam/advertisement threads. Also, please keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Smashboards Arena:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

Newlife

Smash Rookie
There's a kinda small community in Las Vegas for both Melee and Brawl. I think there are a few here who play 64 too, but I don't personally know any of them. Where in Vegas are you staying?
I'm stayin at my aunt's house and I'm new here so I don't know exactly but I think it's the east side of Las Vegas... I'm close to an avenue called Grand Canyon... not far from an animal hospital.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
...Are you certain it's in the east? The best result I could find was over here, which is decidedly in the southwest area.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Um, hi. My name is CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek. I finally got my lazy self to register here since I've been lurking around for some time. hahaha. So, introduction? Well I stopped playing Smash Bros for about half a year and just got back into the swing of things. I mean when I played online for the first time, I can't believe I forgot simple techniques like Lucas' Zap Jump and different variations of Magnet Pull. Urgh. But at least now I'm just re-learning them and practising. Hmz, I guess that's all. Take care.

Quick question: For custom made avatars, is it ok if mine is 39.6 KB? Ha ha..ah. ^^"

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm Second Power, or SP for short. I have no idea where I got the idea for my username. I've been lurking (primarily on the Smash 4 forum, though I've ventured into Brawl and Melee as well) for about a month, so I'm getting a good idea on what's accepted and what's not. I'm not all that into the competetive scene yet beyond reading some of the material here, and I probably won't be all that involved in conversations that drift towards that. I do intend to try getting into it when Smash 4 comes.

As far as my history with Smash goes, the original is probably the one I played the most. I like Melee a fair bit, and Brawl is also okay in my book (Simply because of what I percieve as better air fighting than in melee, but I understand Brawl isn't as well made overall).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Um, hi. My name is CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek. I finally got my lazy self to register here since I've been lurking around for some time. hahaha. So, introduction? Well I stopped playing Smash Bros for about half a year and just got back into the swing of things. I mean when I played online for the first time, I can't believe I forgot simple techniques like Lucas' Zap Jump and different variations of Magnet Pull. Urgh. But at least now I'm just re-learning them and practising. Hmz, I guess that's all. Take care.

Quick question: For custom made avatars, is it ok if mine is 39.6 KB? Ha ha..ah. ^^"
Of course that's fine lol.
Welcome to SWF though, if you like you can check out the Arena, quite a few people hang out there and play on wifi and what not.

I'm Second Power, or SP for short. I have no idea where I got the idea for my username. I've been lurking (primarily on the Smash 4 forum, though I've ventured into Brawl and Melee as well) for about a month, so I'm getting a good idea on what's accepted and what's not. I'm not all that into the competetive scene yet beyond reading some of the material here, and I probably won't be all that involved in conversations that drift towards that. I do intend to try getting into it when Smash 4 comes.

As far as my history with Smash goes, the original is probably the one I played the most. I like Melee a fair bit, and Brawl is also okay in my book (Simply because of what I percieve as better air fighting than in melee, but I understand Brawl isn't as well made overall).
Cool, as you probably figured out we have a pretty big Smash 4 section. It should be pretty cool to see it explode as we get more details on the game.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
It's-a me, Luigi! I learned about Brawl hacking a while back, but I didn't want to risk my Wii getting bricked. But then, I learned of a heavenly mod called BalancedBrawl, thus making almost all my dreams of hacking complete (I don't have 3DS Max, so that dream is still dead ;_; ).

A bit about me (Video game wise), I played my first game when I was 3 years old, and I believe that game was Super Magnetic Neo on the Dreamcast. Fur Fighters is my favorite video game EVER, and probably always will be, though my favorite series is Sonic the Hedgehog. I even liked Sonic '06.

So yeah, that's me, I guess. Don't know how personal I can get on here, but hopefully I'll be accepted as a good member.

PokerJoker811

Smash Rookie
My name's PokerJoker811. I'm a big fan of the series, obviously, and I'm trying to break into competitive Brawl. I'm yet to really get down the basics of competitive (like DI), honestly, but I play a lot and I'm hoping to get things down. I have a smooth understanding of most character fundamentals, and I basically can handle practically all of them as far as amateur-level fighting is concerned.

Other than that, I really hope to become an active and welcome member of this community, and I'm glad I found this place.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Well, its that time again. Dead air on the news of a new smash bros, but you can feel it creeping up on you.
Your imagination starts to run wild and you become desperate for a new game.

So, might as well join the smashboards. Nice to me you all by the way.
I love Nintendo. They've let me down the past few years with the Wii , but I'm willing to give them another chance cause they've been so good to me
my whole life, and I'm looking forward to what the Wii U has to offer as the time goes by. But most importantly, Smash Bros 4. So, I hope my stay here is nice with fellow nintendo and smash fans.

(I actually joined back in 07 I kid you not, but I've long forgotten what my password, even my name was. Plus I never even posted)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Well, its that time again. Dead air on the news of a new smash bros, but you can feel it creeping up on you.
Your imagination starts to run wild and you become desperate for a new game.

So, might as well join the smashboards. Nice to me you all by the way.
I love Nintendo. They've let me down the past few years with the Wii , but I'm willing to give them another chance cause they've been so good to me
my whole life, and I'm looking forward to what the Wii U has to offer as the time goes by. But most importantly, Smash Bros 4. So, I hope my stay here is nice with fellow nintendo and smash fans.

(I actually joined back in 07 I kid you not, but I've long forgotten what my password, even my name was. Plus I never even posted)
My god.
Your avatar is even more beautiful then mine.

Welcome back to the boards mate. If it's talk of SSB4 your looking for you'll want to visit here:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291

and here http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Heres hoping they reveal a lil more next E3. <3

yisitie

Smash Rookie
Hello!, im new here and i just wanted to introduce myself a bit.

I have joined this forum cause i friend of mine showed it to me and i thought it was a nice place, people even use different colors on their text, i mean, on the remainder forums i have joined they even insulted you just for using a different color for your text.

Well, to the point, my friend here is called Flame Hyenard, i thought it would be a good idea to write some posts while i chat with him cause most of the time i don't know what to do on the PC (out of chatting on MSN).

My name is Esther, Yisite is my chinese name, im spanish, im above 20 years old and below 30 years old and my chinese zodiac sign is dragon, so, if someone knows about chinese zodiac, it is easy to guess my age. ^_^

Im studying chinese language and culture, though i also study several other things, finished my english language studies and im still thinking about what to study next, i love japanese and chinese culture, i love to watch Japanese/Chinese and South Korean cinema, except for action movies, and i really love to read japanese and chinese books, specially those written by Haruki Murakami, my favourite writer.

About games, i loved them but lately i barely play them, i spend my free time with other things, but i still play Mario Kart 7 very often, and of course i loved Smash Bros 64 and Melee, i don't have i Wii so i never played Brawl.

Umm, that's already so much, greets everyone, i hope to meet some nice people around here. n_n

I won't be posting very often cause im quite busy, buut i will try to post when i have some free time.

Nice to meet you all!.

Farfellelo

Smash Rookie
Hello all, I'm new here, but I've been learning some new stuff by reading all the posts here before I joined.

I've been playing since Smash 64 and now I mostly play Melee and main Link, but sometimes use Wolf or Diddy Kong in Brawl against friends. I'm not as good as most of the people I've seen on here, but I hope to become better as I learn from all of you.

ndayday

BRoomer
Hello!, im new here and i just wanted to introduce myself a bit.

I have joined this forum cause i friend of mine showed it to me and i thought it was a nice place, people even use different colors on their text, i mean, on the remainder forums i have joined they even insulted you just for using a different color for your text.

Well, to the point, my friend here is called Flame Hyenard, i thought it would be a good idea to write some posts while i chat with him cause most of the time i don't know what to do on the PC (out of chatting on MSN).

My name is Esther, Yisite is my chinese name, im spanish, im above 20 years old and below 30 years old and my chinese zodiac sign is dragon, so, if someone knows about chinese zodiac, it is easy to guess my age. ^_^

Im studying chinese language and culture, though i also study several other things, finished my english language studies and im still thinking about what to study next, i love japanese and chinese culture, i love to watch Japanese/Chinese and South Korean cinema, except for action movies, and i really love to read japanese and chinese books, specially those written by Haruki Murakami, my favourite writer.

About games, i loved them but lately i barely play them, i spend my free time with other things, but i still play Mario Kart 7 very often, and of course i loved Smash Bros 64 and Melee, i don't have i Wii so i never played Brawl.

Umm, that's already so much, greets everyone, i hope to meet some nice people around here. n_n

I won't be posting very often cause im quite busy, buut i will try to post when i have some free time.

Nice to meet you all!.
Ahh, welcome to the boards Yisite!
There's so much to do around here besides talk about Smash that I think you'll fit right in. Check out some of the boards further down the page since those are mainly the off-topic and media sort of boards.

Hello all, I'm new here, but I've been learning some new stuff by reading all the posts here before I joined.

I've been playing since Smash 64 and now I mostly play Melee and main Link, but sometimes use Wolf or Diddy Kong in Brawl against friends. I'm not as good as most of the people I've seen on here, but I hope to become better as I learn from all of you.
Welcome to the boards! If you need help finding anything go ahead and ask basically anyone.

yisitie

Smash Rookie
Thankies for the welcome Ndayday, i still can write about smash bros a lot cause i played Melee a lot of time, i will check those sections first then anyway, thanks!.

<(^~^)>​

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I've played many of the games that the characters from Brawl come from, the only exceptions being the Donkey Kong series, F-Zero, Game&Watch, Star Fox, Ice Climbers, and Kid Icarus. My three favorite games from Nintendo are Pokemon Red, Mother 2, and Yoshi's Island.

I'm still kind of new to this whole tournament thing. I'm looking forward to doing better at my next one, as the last one I entered landed both me and a buddy in dead last. I had thought I was a pretty good Brawler, but there's a whole other league out there I haven't even touched yet. It's like band, how you only play up to level 4 or 5 because the rest of the band isn't up to the level 6's or 7's (BOTH of which are outrageously difficult pieces to learn).

I main mostly on Wario, Wolf, or Luigi. I'm starting to really prefer just Wario, seeing as I seem to do my best when I use him. I hope to get better as the years go by, and maybe someday I'll become a really great Brawler. I'm also looking forwards to Brawl 4, and I hope Sakurai has something great planned for it.

Alright, I guess I'm done ranting. This helped me out a little bit. I'm glad I'm at SmashBoards now. :3

FOREVER KING

Smash Rookie
Hey what's up guys I'm a new member just made my account today. I mainly play Brawl and use Ike so I just wanna visit this site to learn new things about Ike and his matchups and things of that nature. Also I know online sucks but if any of you guys want to play sometime hit me up with your friend code (:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Hey what's up guys I'm a new member just made my account today. I mainly play Brawl and use Ike so I just wanna visit this site to learn new things about Ike and his matchups and things of that nature. Also I know online sucks but if any of you guys want to play sometime hit me up with your friend code (:
You can find information on Ike here:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158
And you can find people to play here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15009961#post15009961

ecaflip

Smash Cadet
Hello guys I'm ecaflip. I used to hang out and lurk on AiB but that was roughly 2 years ago when I took a break from competitive brawl. I've been fooling around with other competitive games like Quake, CS, pokemon and all the other non-fighting genres, heck I even took up competitive mario kart for 6 months, boy was that monotonous -.-

Since my expeditions into other e-sports I've grown bored of those traditional titles (bar mario kart, mkw is srysbsnss) and I'm making my journey back onto the stages of brawl, my skills have more that degenerated and I'm probably going to get tossed around like a ragdoll for the next 2 or so months but it'll be fun getting back into the first game I ever played competitively.

Also, if there are any lucario or yoshi mains out there I'd love to have some practice sessions with you guys.

GameStar04

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have come back on here after a good long time and was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly find other fellow competitive smash bros Project M/Brawl-/Brawl+ players in my area? I have done some searching on the forums here but have had no real luck in finding anything out on that matter. I am especially hooked on Project M now. Just like the good ol' Melee days. Playing online is good but looking to get to know some more fellow smashers around my area would be the best. Looking to get to know fellow competitive smashers all over is certainly good too, but I know where to go to find them :)

ndayday

BRoomer
Hello guys I'm ecaflip. I used to hang out and lurk on AiB but that was roughly 2 years ago when I took a break from competitive brawl. I've been fooling around with other competitive games like Quake, CS, pokemon and all the other non-fighting genres, heck I even took up competitive mario kart for 6 months, boy was that monotonous -.-

Since my expeditions into other e-sports I've grown bored of those traditional titles (bar mario kart, mkw is srysbsnss) and I'm making my journey back onto the stages of brawl, my skills have more that degenerated and I'm probably going to get tossed around like a ragdoll for the next 2 or so months but it'll be fun getting back into the first game I ever played competitively.

Also, if there are any lucario or yoshi mains out there I'd love to have some practice sessions with you guys.
Welcome, check out the arena if you like. We don't have a ladder or anything like AiB does but people there are serious if you ask, ha.

Hey, I have come back on here after a good long time and was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly find other fellow competitive smash bros Project M/Brawl-/Brawl+ players in my area? I have done some searching on the forums here but have had no real luck in finding anything out on that matter. I am especially hooked on Project M now. Just like the good ol' Melee days. Playing online is good but looking to get to know some more fellow smashers around my area would be the best. Looking to get to know fellow competitive smashers all over is certainly good too, but I know where to go to find them :)
Welcome back dude. Have you tried the regional zones? If you ask in their social thread you might get an answer from people around your area. Feel free to ask if you need help finding it.

her0oftime

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone im Nathan from Las Vegas, NV. I stumbled upon this site and ive been lurking and trying to learn the ropes around here. I'm really interested in becoming a competitive brawl player and I've been playing for since the smash 64 days. I'm down for a match over wifi anytime :)

RIBBONxPARADISE

Smash Cadet
Hello all! I'm RIBBONxPARADISE, but you can call me Ribbon. I've been playing SSB since i was little, taking a little break every now and then to branch out to other interests, but always coming back to smash some more. I've gotten quite good if i do say so myself (level 9's don't have the challenge they used to i suppose) but i'm a pretty cool person, all calm and whatnot, Although my interest in tournaments has increased in recent times, i've never participated in one. I've taught a lot of my friends how to play, and generally have a plan for beating every character with every character. I probably wouldn't be playing Super Smash today (who am i kidding yes i would) if i didn't have the childhood obsession of buying everything with Mario on it. I hope to be able to contribute in some way here. If there's any questions, feel free to ask. Glad to be here ^-^

JeLe

Smash Rookie
Hey. I'm Jes.
My goal is to be a TO for this area, but I prolly won't be able to do that since there's no Smash scene here at all. Speaking of that, I have a couple questions.
-Is the initial stage striking (before the set starts) only for neutral stages?
-After a stage gets banned in the initial stage striking, is it still able to be counterpicked after the first match or is it banned for the whole set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom