• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma's First Training Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
There are a bunch of restaurants inside that building acutally, downstairs in the food court. Chic-fil-a, Wendy's, etc.

I just don't know if they are open on weekends

Gravity

Smash Ace
previously (iirc) weve been there on the weekends and the food places are closed, all except for one overcharging OU restaurant or whatever...

Gravity

Smash Ace
taco bell>that place
so does pizza hut.

it WAS pretty good, but id rather have subway or something....

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i dunno, their burgers were pretty good. As well as their curly fries.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Dude, they had like, these amazing chilli cheese fries.

And wut? definetly can't make it...
So, everyone riding with andy I'll be seeing you.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yo GT if you see this, im running a little late, ill probably be there at 10ish

if theres any change of plans or whatever call me at 308-5192

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
it's aright jkk, we try to get together at least once a month, so we should be doing something else soon.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Since a few people showed some concern, most of my crew is from Oklahoma, not Arkansas. Over half are from extreme Eastern Oklahoma. I was also originally invited by Vegafuse awhile back b/c I wanted to play some good players from OK. This seemed like a good time to meet.

On a seperate note, I am very familiar with all the characters and would like to help out if I'm deemed worthy.
shout outs:

all i wanna say is, SSBM Addict, you're freaking incredible. i wish i was doing my best in those matchups, it was an offday, and after smashing 6 hours yesterday, i just wasn't on my game. you made mistakes, though, so it evened out. if you were OK instead of arkansas, you'd probably have my spot on the power ranking, and i'd be down one. keep coming to OK stuff, if you can, i can't wait to play you again (especially yoshi dittos) keep representing low-tiers and beating the crap out of people like me :p

coty- you really changed OK smash man, and this event added like 8 extra players to our roster. good job, i hope the OK scene continues to grow.

scud- thanks for ditching me, jerk

heath- when you get money, we'll play

muca- omg, andrew, it's been over a month! it was good to see you, though, if you have time over spring break we should hang out, with or without brett (and his bad attitude :p)

zinth- nice spacing...keep it up, but don't get cocky, i play other people besides ganondorf. :p

gravity- i dodged your missles. lawl.

kos-mos- dammit, chris, i had that 2nd match. oh well, thanks for taking my money. i am getting closer and closer to beating you, though...one of these days, man.

shade- fun team battles, we never play enough.

outlaw/crackboom/tyler/wes/sorry if i left one of you guys out- good games. don't worry, you guys will get some more experience with tons of playing styles, and will growfast. you're all pretty good, i can't wait to see you show up to more stuff.

PV kids- good team matches. auddy/AnS, you guys are too good :cool:

Jeff- your fox and luigi are good, man. start training with people besides babac and you'll get better fast.

blaine/gt- keep working on those marths. i expect to have many dittos with both of you at the next event or two

pablo/malicechaos- we never played o.0 :(

everyone else who came- gracias, you guys are awesome

people who didn't come- no johns.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'll tune my Marth for next time. But for the most part, I'm going to be working on my peach.

I saw some major improvements today after chris gave me some advice so yeah, watch out.

So I think everyone will agree when I say that the first training day was a success?

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
so, how did the training day go.... since i wasnt aware there even was one.. thanx babac and kuni... but it doesnt matter anyways, i had a soccer tournament

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i am formally known as "link24"...just thought i would let everyone know who the irish dude was...lol

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
i guess ill have to introduce myself, since someone never invited me *cough*babackuni*cough*.... little chuckle, peach player, obviously, an extreme noob, but thats okay, i will learn.... female, love playing smash and halo...... and thats it, and babac, if you would like to add anything, go ahead, since you know me so well.. and we talk all the time, and thats how i knew all the details about the training day.. mhmm, yes

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, shout-outs:

South_Paw: Good **** hosting this, it was a really great event.

Gravity: Dodge my sword. Lawl.

KOS-MOS: Omfg, I almost had you that one game! :(

Shade: SUCK IT, BIOTCH. Lol.

Akasuna no Sasori: Not bad, not bad, keep it up. Once you learn to shine from a dair, your game will jump up an entire level.

Heath: Nice games, nice games.

Hazy, Scud: I never got to play either of you in 1v1s :(

Vegafuse: Lol, PH33R TEH PABLO SLAYER!

SSBM_Addict_07 - You were surprisingly good, mopping the floor with me at the beginning before I got into "the zone." I find it astounding that you seem to know every trick and strategy with every character. Impressive.

All the new people - You all were unexpectedly good as well. I was expecting to be able to be able to win with any character, but I learned that I had underestimated everyone and had to bring my a-game. Nice.

Everyone who was there: you were all cool, good ****. Sorry if I forgot any individual mentions that I should have made.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
again i will say if u didnt show up on trainin day u missed out on FREE TACOS, and lots of new players who were surprisingly better than expected which is always a +. everybody keep it up

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Sorry guys i'm still a little tired... long weekend =/ ... that started thursday for me, lol

ill do my shoutouts later though

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
This Training Day was freakin' sweet! I loved every bit of it, and we need to do it again, but with more actual training.

Hazy and Scud - I learned a lot about teamwork from you guys, and me and Dylan will work harder to become a better team and hopefully contend with you guys.

Roddy and Ricky - That was your actual first time to be on a team, and you beat Alex and Bret, only once, but it's still a win in my book. We need to practice together. :)

Risingken - Your down smashing peach is gay, but other than that we had some good 2v2s. ;)

For the rest of the smashers that I played, I had fun and I look forward to playing everyone agian.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time everyone, even though I came late I tried to make the most of it :laugh: I'd first like to give mad props to Coty (Southpaw) for coming up with the event and having something where all the smashers (not just the new guys) can meet other people, learn smash, and simply having a blast. I'd like to especially mention the tacos he bought everyone as well (heh), even though I didn't eat any, that was a very cool thing for him to do.

Second of all, I know I'm late with this, but:

Happy B-Day Chris! (aka KOS-MOS!)
Ahh, you dodged the birthday song this time man, but hope you had fun either way, just too good :chuckle:

Heath: Gotta live up to the legend man, Brandon and Derrick are counting on us three (maybe >_>) Keep up the good work, gotta prove you're the better twin once and for all ;)

Shade & Dart: Glad to see you guys make it, Kuni still sharp with the tech skill and Dart still reppin' Pika (too good). Kuni, you have a lot of comp headin' your way, everyone's stepping there game up son, don't go down without a fight!

Gravity: Dude, keep kicking *** with Samus. We should have gotten more games in, as I don't have much experience vs her, maybe next time :(

Hazy & Scud: Well, you guys always fail to disappoint me every time I watch you play. Huge improvements within such short amount of time, and great teamwork from what I hear. You two are definitely a force to be reckon with, hope to see more improvement at the monthlies. Thx for the housing BTW.

Zinth: Didn't play you much, but I see you're still the "Pablo Slayer" that you are :urg: Hope I do better next time we game, can't let you win all of 'em >_>

R.Ken: Those Peach FFA's are too good man, you aren't too bad.

Jeff, KingGT, MaliceChaos, PV smashers, CrackBoom, Link24, etc: Glad to see you guys able to make it. Sadly, I didn't get around to playing any matches with you, hope that changes at the monthlies. If you don't know already, I was the guy taking pictures and blinding everyone :)

ssbmaddict: Wow, I was impressed at your skill with the low-tiers, you even took my Peach out with a lot of them. Good games man, I appreciate the drive you made from AR, hope to face you again soon.

Outlaw (the guy using Doc): Good game, I guess we'll start seeing you and your friend at Rasta's smashfests. Anyways, hope you guys found training day helpful.

Losers that didn't show up: No johns.

Everyone else, thx for showing up and making this event kick ***!

Gravity

Smash Ace
whoa birthday?

happy birthday chris. there wasnt a rad party this year. oh well...

i agree with everyone there needs to be more training at the next one.

and coty, you have probably noticed by now my expert photography skills. you should post all the pictures online.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Okay, here goes...

I must say, even though quite a few of the people that I expected to show didn't, I was surprised with the turnout. As usual for me, it's just not smash unless there's some taco bell involved, I hope everyone enjoyed their tacos.

Moore Guys: Thanks for housing me and for the games. Just play with the OKC/Norman guys and you'll catch up without too much trouble. Special thanks to Josh for actually GOING.

PV Guys: Sorry I didn't play with you guys much =/ ... your tv always had a lot of people, and usually Alex and Brett were there so I figured you were getting your fill : P.

Out_Law and Crew: I don't really remember where you said you're from, but it was great seeing you guys there, you should come to OKC more often so you can get your practice in against high/top tiers.

Chris/Kos-Mos:.../sigh... peach... yeah, you know. I'm glad you could make it though, since you're kinda not able to get in your practice time with people, I feel ya. Teams was fun, as always. Maybe we'll do double Peach again someday, lawl.

Kuni/Shade: I just realised I didn't play you once, lol. Oh well, I hope you and Saeji had fun. Heed Pablo's words man, people are gonna be after our ranks pretty soon, so many new people.

Pablo/Vega: No Johns for being late... I had to talk you into going to Alex's, you DID say you wanted to record, lol. Hopefully next time I won't be too lazy to do it earlier. Stop changing your mains.

Alex/Dokkoise/*long list follows*: Thanks again and a LOT for housing me. Thanks also for all the help setting up and stuff, carrying TV's is teh suck... Oh, and you know you love my Falco, :-D

Brett/Scud: My Falco BRUDDA! Bird represent! Maybe someday you and Heath will become different people... <3 Brett, lolz

Heath/Heath: Yes I thought it would be funny to put your name twice. Anyways, as always, I see improvement every time I watch you. Keep it up mangz.

Andy/Gravity: Oops... Dodge my missiles... It's always funny. Well, it's not for whoever your teammate is, but other than that. Samus is gay, CC is bull****. But anyways, you're the only one ballsy enough main her exclusively... and you should never play Puff, lol.

Bryan/Zinth: Ah, Red Marth. I've decided you can keep him. After a conversation with Taj I decided that Black Marth is more to my liking. That aside, I'm glad that you're gaining confidence again, as that's a pretty large part of the game. You'll get there though. I expect you to have a video of you four-stocking kuni in a marth ditto soon :-P.

People that came but are not mentioned: I either don't know your name or don't remember, sorry : P... no madsies

No shows: No Johns

The pictures are on my photobucket and I'll post the link to that in the OK Thread as soon as they finish uploading.

And... I would like to thank EVERYBODY that came, everybody that supported my idea when I pitched it, and everybody that donated a little money so I could have enough gas to get home afterwards, lol (Especially Andy, major thanks to him). I hope everybody enjoyed it.

If I can, I'll try to do one more before I go. We'll see.

-South Paw out

Gravity

Smash Ace
oh come on my jiggs isnt that bad...

and i honestly dont get why people cant dodge my missiles. they do a bang up job of it in singles, but then im all "dodge my missiles" in doubles, and they dont.

and as far as oops goes, i have an idea for a combo video called "gravity sucks", but i have to wait until i get more footage of me fighting.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
My L-cancelling is getting better. I still need to work on my short hop, and lowering my SHL.
My l-cancelling still isn't to good, but I think it is improving. Well, that or I am pressing downB to early(is that even possible?) SHL is easy once you find the rhythm for it. I pissed Auddy off today because I can laser so fast and keep him hanging on the edge forever, :laugh:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ah, I remember how I was the first person in the state to be able to do the drill-shine infinite. Now I can barely do it at all :( Guess I'd better start working on it again... though my waveshine in general is kinda sketchy in the heat of battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom