• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma's First Training Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, whatever you guys come up with will be cool with me. I already talked to Coty, and the date is cool with me. If you guys need any additional help, just let me know. I'll help out as best I can.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
did you know march fourth is the only date that is also a command? how about that.
lame joke.

point being, *bump*

could someone put a link of this thread into the ohsnap2 results, so that anyone who went to ohsnap2 that doesn't look at the OK thread, a few of the local people who would most likely be the most interested in this, could hear about this wonderful idea? i'd do it, but you know, i'm too lazy.

this is the perfect way to get new people to become regulars, like good ole Gt :)
he can be our spokesman.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hey Coty, if you want to stick with the March 3rd for the event, then we may have to try out UCO's rooms. The Sooner Room won't be available for BOTH March 3rd AND March 10th. The other available rooms at the Union is much more expensive, I'll keep searching though.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
well, we don't really need it for both, just one of the days is fine, preferably the 3rd, since there haven't been any objections yet.. but yeah, just check out the UCO rooms if you can and find out more about the sooner room.

anybody that could throw in even a small amount of money would be greatly appreciated btw... and me and babac have decided that we're going to try to get some money for this from MM's in NM...

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yup, hopefully we dont have to spend a dime of our own money for this thing. All won mm will go to the OTD fun until we have enough.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i think UCO is good, since its less then 5 miles from my house...

yeah, i know you said you couldnt babac, but you need a smashfest this weekend. or atleast a have me over fest. i want to play smash this weekend. offer still stand for 10$ to hold a smashfest.

and so does my donation, but unfortunately, since im unemployed im lowering it to 40...still better then nothing...

anyway if babac cant have smash, someone else let me come over...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Gravity, you might be able to come over for awhile on Saturday.

And Pablo, by UCO do you mean "University of Central Oklahoma" or "University of Christian Oklahoma"?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I'm talking about what Coty's talking about, because obvious Gravity is talking about the one in Edmond, but Coty's side found out that the one in Edmond has steep prices, so iono. And uh, the one in OKC is called UCO too...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
...huh?

oh well, anyways... the day is STILL March 3rd, but i guess there's a tournament for "smash" in tulsa that some might want to go to (including myself), but, this MAY be smash 64 as its much more popular in tulsa... and IF it's melee i dont want this day to conflict with a tournament, since i definitely dont want one to detract from another

and march 10th is out anyways... since that's the day of HOST2

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
aahh... n00b smash fest... sounds fun... unfortunately my mother is a straight up ***** so i cant go... she doesnt want me even on the internet.. .and she said i will most likely be beaten and ***** by all those guys... and thats not about smash...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i beat and **** people all the time.
what the **** is the big problem?

but seriously, it's too bad more new people can't make it. parents have their certain way of doing things which sometimes restrict their children more than most people think they shoul be, but every parent does stuff differently...if only we could prove it's a safe community! maaan...poo.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
god****, beaten and ***** by EVERYONE?! She's setting the bar pretty high, count me out.

link24

Smash Cadet
well my crew and i should be able to make it. weve been practicin since O.H.S.N.A.P. 2. we've gotten alot better compared to last time. i think this training day should b awesome

Gravity

Smash Ace
that date is...not so good for me...

im not to sure i can make it ow..

well see, but ill have a job by then, so they may or mat not igive me the day off.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
well see... im giving you over a month in advance to ask for that day/s off. if brandon can do it, so can you

no johns

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Okie dokie...

First post updated with registration... power ranking holders in bold and blah blah blah, you'll see

and i know andy said he could help financially... anybody willing to pitch in any amount of money would be great. the sooner room is going to be 65$ for 10am-10pm... (keep in mind you don't HAVE to stay all day but there WILL be something happening at the end of the day so you might want to stay)... if andy can still give forty (i think thats what he said) then that would be awesome and we would be DEFINITELY getting food and drink.

This thread was originally made a while ago... so im ignoring... basically all of the previous posts of attendees... POST IF YOU'RE GOING!!!

Ceddan

Smash Rookie
I'm going and I'll chip in $10. Also will bring my gamecube and a tv if needed.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'm going South paw, and I'll try to chip in $10 if I can. Sadly, I won't be bringing a set-up, but I'm sure we'll have enough, even if we get about 15-20 newcomers.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hello, ceddan, i have no idea who you are but you have an old join date :)
and coty, i can pitch in 10 bucks minimum.

edit: and man, i'm glad everyone got better. i was watching the crew videos from november, and pablo's just owning me like a n00b. i can see everymistake i made, though, so i guess that's good, it means i've improved.

on the 2nd crew vid, you need to get methe song you used for you vs. shade, coty. i've been wanting it forever!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, okay... its ssj vegeta's techno remix (originally babac gave it to me actually)

and yeah i enjoy watching the old crew vids too... i laugh at my falco then... and i was actually surprised at my fox from then (minus the fact that two of my stock are lost to...myself : P ) since he did surprisingly well (since normally he would never do so well under stress =/ )

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah i can give $40, i said 50 but since then ive lost my job(by quitting), so 40 is better...

im still not 100% confirmed im going, but still....

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i can go. But having a nametag with name, tag, PR, and such would be a little weird. Especially since almost everyone's would say 5th.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
heh, i think it should say "pablo" "kuni" or "one of the other guys" :p
since OOSers love kuni's style
and since pablo ***** more of texas than the rest of us could
in-state though, no one can mess with chris, so i guess it should be more like "KOS-MOS" or "one of the other guys" :p

aaanywho...hey coty, if you get a couple hundred back in taxes, you need to buy a metal DDR pad...because that's what i'm asking for for my birthday. think about it- an oklahoma freestyle team. how many are there? probably none, or at least no good ones, from my experiences in norman, edmond, and OKC malls.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I will look at my calendar, but as long as it is at the sooner room, then i will probably be able to come, with ricky and roddy too

link24

Smash Cadet
if not to hard i would also like someone to pm me when we find out final location and such. im not on much cuz of work and a pm would reallllllllllly...(i dont think that really helps the underlining meanin but u get the idea) be appreciated lol;)

South_Paw

Smash Ace
oook...

first... how many tvs can you bring (a couple being more than one but other than that its not very specific >__> )

and... people that are giving donations and stuff... i wont be able to come to the city this week so if its possible... give your money to brett, alex, or somebody that lives near norman/ou so they can go pay for the room... so far we have probably enough to pay for the room... then any extra can go towards getting food and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom