• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

spades

Smash Cadet
40 man melee tourney?! That many people went to a tourney at OSU? Shoot we need to get all those people to come down to our tourney lol.
Yeah. It wasn't anything special. I won and I'm double bad at melee. Most players there were casual at best. It was still a blast nevertheless!

I'm sure we can get great numbers and decent pot size if we tackle these tourneys as a group.

We can bring supplies to help you guys out probably if you need us to spades. by the way I like your name, I'm gona use it in the game I'm working for something, hope you don't mind..
More supplies are great. And I don't mind at all about the name; rock it hard, amigo.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
And I say that from me being the looser most of the time.
You mean, a loser most of the time. Chris is pretty much the only one of us who enjoys consistent tournament success, so almost all of us are "losers", lol.

I think the two grammatical mistakes that annoy me the most are when people say "your" instead of "you're" and when they add an apostrophe that isn't supposed to be there, as in saying "that rock's" or something. It also really annoys me when someone says "of" instead of "off", but that one isn't as common. And "to" instead of "too", that one also bugs me. Hell, now I'm even getting on to people for using adjectives when they should use adverbs >_< Even though I don't think I've completely purged myself of that mistake yet.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Btw if the next tourny happens, which I hope on holding, it will probably be at a free venue (my church's campus ministry building). It has a nice big room and kitchen, has parking around it, and has plenty of tables and chairs, perfect for a smashfest or tourney.

Also, about actually running the tourney, I would definitely want some people to help me (creating thread, getting information out, organizing, etc.). If you would be interested let me know.

Is there enough room to involve SRK peeps?

I don't know how long it's been since I've touched smash... retro gaming like a madman the past few months...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@ Kuni, if it was spelled the same both ways, I would be so confused for the rest of my life . . .

OMG, seriously, how ******** would that be lol

And @ Brett: It's not your bed that's empty, it's the S&M cage that's beneath it. And by that I mean I have no idea wtf I'm saying.

Gravity

Smash Ace
bryan. you said that bad. and explained it wrong.

or improperly and incorrectly if you prefer.

anyway, good thing you dont need to eat, pay for insurance or gas, or have fun kevin. if you do none of those things, youll make a profit of 42 dollars that year. COUGHBOOKSCOUGH.

uness your scholarships cover books. if they do ignore me.

Smash and Melee Cage? anyway if you have a tourny ill try to make it. but its expensive to drive to norman, and its expensive to take off work, and i need money.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of not buying books again cause I want to get that scholarship money to, idk, buy food . . .

Yeah . . ., I need a job in OK. Dudes in Norman, eyes and ears for ya boi! Or better yet, BRANDON! HIRE ME!

Shade_

Smash Ace
I got a loan to pay for my books for now, I'll pay for after I'm done some how but yeah.

And sadly andy is right, I wont have enough money to have too much fun this year and probably for 4 years, but after its all over and i've got a degree and a job and paid off everything, I'll be just fine.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
LOL I guess that's true.

You Kuni, just get a job with me. We could work together, like, mending sick puppies or teaching hot girls how to eat sushi correctly or something.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
call me tomorrow brett. because i prob. won't wake up until you do.

also bryan, i want to go but i don't think i can stay that late. also depends on how the day with brett goes, what his plans are, and the like.

and i don't know about multi-game tournament since it will distract from the main theme, BUT! there should be no reason not to bring ps2/3s and dreamcasts for SC/SF/GG/Tekken/FF and more money matches :o or maybe an ironman side tourny of all of the above.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I don't really get the sparta thing but whatever.

Anyway, no my problem isn't not having a job, im in work study so I'll have one, but even then I probably won't have any extra spending money.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
bday parties and smashfest always end up being mixed up. in any case what about this tourny i hear about?

spades

Smash Cadet
I talked with my amigos about the Smash tourney in Stillwater and we're unsure about a date.

Aug. 23rd? That doesn't give much time for advertising, but it's sooner rather than later.
Aug. 30th? There's already a tourney in OKC I think? idk.
Sept. 6th? It's far away, but gives time for adequate advertising.

These are all Saturdays since they tend to work better for most schedules.

Comments?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Just go for it whenever you want man, although I will say delay the gratification,
Then we'll get about over 9,000 people attending lol.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
i was just reading a few pages and it sounded like there was something, but i guess not. I hope i didnt get everyones hopes up. But there is a MGC mcdonalds tourney tomorrow that im going to! If none of you are going like it seems, victory is mine!

So yawara, are you moved away permanently?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
i was just reading a few pages and it sounded like there was something, but i guess not. I hope i didnt get everyones hopes up. But there is a MGC mcdonalds tourney tomorrow that im going to! If none of you are going like it seems, victory is mine!

So yawara, are you moved away permanently?
craig, you should have a smashfest.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Nope, I'm gonna be coming back.

Craig, we haven't seen each other in like 7 months. I'll be back in about 2 weeks, we need to chill then. You still work weekends?

And @ Alex: NO! God I hate this city lol And I'd play smash except it's a family thing, and we just bought some Asahi Super Dry which is supposedly the best foreign beer money can buy so I'm gonna be giving that a go instead. <_<

spades

Smash Cadet
No facebook, Grav?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event InfoHost: Vietnamese Student Association
Type: Sports - Tournament
Time and PlaceDate:Friday, August 8, 2008
Time: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
City/Town: Norman, OK
Contact InfoPhone: 5102991166
Email: trammy_lai@ou.edu

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Cash Prize
Open to everyone.
Registration Fee: $5
Requirements: Bring your own controllers as none will be provided.

Rules for Smash Tournament:
• Set format
o 1v1
o 3 stock
o 7:oo minute time limit
o Double elimination
o Best of 3 matches
• All characters will legal
• A list of 4 available neutral stages will be chosen from for the first match of every set; counter-pick stages will become available in successive sets (counter-pick stages TBD)
• Players will advance once they have won 2 of 3 matches in a set and will advance to the next round
o Losers will have the option to participate on the loser’s bracket, where they will have one more chance before they are completely eliminated from the tournament
• Top 3 players will be paid out according to a predetermined percentage of pot money

NOT A BRAWL PLAYER?
COME SING KARAOKE WITH US JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!

We will be selling food as well!
Prices and menu will be listed soon...
So come hungry :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad links are bad.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im gonna b there and probably the indian as well
all u guys need to get online tonight and add me. Po u betta watch my climbas

Top Bottom