• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
wow it was great seein po zinth and black man chris again. u guys should come to moore b4 friday so we can play. its been to long
bryan u should play me online right now

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Online brawl, or Braw-nline, is pretty much ftl, isn't it the whole reason we hold actual tourneys?

This friday? I can probably go! I'll need a ride though...
How much does it cost to get in?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It's just so frustrating though, I lose to people to whom I shouldn't lose online, but it's not like I can play anyone in person very often so it's my only option. Sakurai is so freaking gay, he screwed up online play so much

Z

Zorgon

It's just so frustrating though, I lose to people to whom I shouldn't lose online, but it's not like I can play anyone in person very often so it's my only option. Sakurai is so freaking gay, he screwed up online play so much
You still beat me, though :dizzy:.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yeah i know what you mean bryan. As much as sakurai may have made a few mistakes here and there with brawl, i remember my brother visited his web page about and everyone posted their complaint about online lag, tripping, and chain throws and he just replyied with a sad japanese smily face, which makes me feel a little bad for him, cus he really did try to make the game great.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Why doesn't he offer patches or updates or new really cheap releases to make the game better then, like other good fighting games?
The sad face would make me feel sorry too, but yea.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
uhh wow

i have no problem with being chain thrown (no infinates) and i think ive gotten pretty good at tech chasing d throws with snake, just need to get used to what they like to do, others are completely random

pm me fcs

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
You still beat me, though :dizzy:.
Zorgon on SWF? :eek:

Yeah i know what you mean bryan. As much as sakurai may have made a few mistakes here and there with brawl, i remember my brother visited his web page about and everyone posted their complaint about online lag, tripping, and chain throws and he just replyied with a sad japanese smily face, which makes me feel a little bad for him, cus he really did try to make the game great.
Sakurai has a website that isn't the Smash Bros. Dojo!? Link plz.

Why doesn't he offer patches or updates or new really cheap releases to make the game better then, like other good fighting games?
The sad face would make me feel sorry too, but yea.
They really should do that.

uhh wow

i have no problem with being chain thrown (no infinates) and i think ive gotten pretty good at tech chasing d throws with snake, just need to get used to what they like to do, others are completely random

pm me fcs
I don't have trouble with chaingrabs, it's just the lag that messes me up and disadvantages my characters.

@ Andy: LOL.

@ waveshinespike
lol
infinites ftl
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmRoAz_4CQ

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, infinites and smash don't mix well . . .

man Wobbles got the most amount of **** ever lol

[edit]

Forgot to say: REGISTER TO VOTE YOU BUMS! YOU'RE OVER 18!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
ive seen that already bryan, seems useless/little use
Using proper spelling is useless? :confused:

And lol, I've already registered to vote and have, in fact, voted three times already.

Also, I can't wait to get to OU, then I can use the Huston Huffman Physical Fitness Center. The YMCA is often crowded and is full of old people. Plus I have to drive to get there.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Lol, the people in the Huff will **** your soul <_<

Unless you have a vag, it is very intimidating working out there.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
Using proper spelling is useless? :confused:

And lol, I've already registered to vote and have, in fact, voted three times already.

Also, I can't wait to get to OU, then I can use the Huston Huffman Physical Fitness Center. The YMCA is often crowded and is full of old people. Plus I have to drive to get there.
wha? did i spell your name wrong or what? i really dont care for capitals and punctuation on the computer, unless im writing something important

i was talking about the vid btw

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
wha? did i spell your name wrong or what? i really dont care for capitals and punctuation on the computer, unless im writing something important

i was talking about the vid btw
Oh, I thought you were talking about how I correcting your spelling of the word "infinite" and how it was useless to spell the word properly. Yeah, the Omnigay is too situational to be practical, but it's still pretty cool, even though it's yet another example of the game's bugginess.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
dude, brawl doesn't have bugs, it's awesome.
Melee is just full of glitchy ****

Also, I don't have a great idea of when to host the tourney. I wish I could hold it before Alex leaves, but I'm not how certain that will be. Will that be enough time for lots of people to prepare and want to come to it?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
dude, brawl doesn't have bugs, it's awesome.
Melee is just full of glitchy ****

Also, I don't have a great idea of when to host the tourney. I wish I could hold it before Alex leaves, but I'm not how certain that will be. Will that be enough time for lots of people to prepare and want to come to it?
Well, as far as I know Hanson's tournament this Friday came with five days in advance, and he's expecting an attendance of at least forty people, so if you could decide on details by Friday, we could advertise it there and get the word out.

And yeah, "wavedashing" is synonymous with "cheating".

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Well, as far as I know Hanson's tournament this Friday came with five days in advance, and he's expecting an attendance of at least forty people, so if you could decide on details by Friday, we could advertise it there and get the word out.

And yeah, "wavedashing" is synonymous with "cheating".
Well, to be completely honest, I've been plugging my tournament at other tournaments for almost a month now, but it's just in this last week that I was able to nail down reservations and get the green light from all the right people. The other issue at hand is that most of the people I talked to are Brawl players. I don't really know very many Melee players left other than you guys.

I'm also not particularly interested in getting owned at a game I play maybe once a month now, but in the interest of companionship and being supportive, I'll throw down for a Melee tournament. Just lemme know if you can cobble it together.

Pee Es: Actually, I might be able to solve your problem. I think there's enough interest garnered for a small Brawl doubles tournament (which I'll just run concurrent with the main one), but if you're interested Brett, I'd be willing to let you run a Melee tournament this Friday as well. I'd say I would need 8-10 people to make it worth your while, but maybe some of these Brawl kids would be interested. The only catch is that I'd have to take a little bit of cash out of the pot for club fundraising, but I would be able to leave the majority of the Melee registration money for payouts. What do you think?

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
hey im back so u guys can feel the love OF PAY$ one more time i just just got online for the wii so i need all you guyssss Fcodes

Gravity

Smash Ace
Pee Es: Actually, I might be able to solve your problem. I think there's enough interest garnered for a small Brawl doubles tournament (which I'll just run concurrent with the main one), but if you're interested Brett, I'd be willing to let you run a Melee tournament this Friday as well. I'd say I would need 8-10 people to make it worth your while, but maybe some of these Brawl kids would be interested. The only catch is that I'd have to take a little bit of cash out of the pot for club fundraising, but I would be able to leave the majority of the Melee registration money for payouts. What do you think?
if theres melee i can probably make it tomorrow. im hesitant to take my truck on the highway due to a part i need fixed. so, bryan, can i get a ride?

Shade_

Smash Ace
If there are 3 tournaments running at once, in all honest I don't think well be able to finish even one of them if things are like that.

Do you remember the last one we went to hanson? It had like 40 people and we had about 6 tv's, we barely got done before 9 30.

I think a lot of people will like the teams for brawl, most people generally at least try it if the chance arrises.

But teams and singles at the same time is already pushing how long the tourny lasts pretty far.

Bring in melee, your splitting all of the wii's tv's and all that in 3 and, I'm not saying it wont work, but I personally think the tourny will last a lot longer than you would want it to.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
A Melee side-tournament would be cool. And yeah, Andy, I can give you a ride.

Also, like, I can give Gt and Shade Bros. rides too, but Gt, it'd probably help the tournament if you could bring a setup, since I know that you have a transportable TV.

And if I'm giving Kevin, his two brothers, Gt, and Andy all a ride, that's one more person than my car has seats for, so some crazy-cramming will be mandatory. That shouldn't be too much of a problem, though, since Ken is more like half a person right now.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, my mom just said i can use her truck, so i can take the shade bros i guess. . .either way it will ease up the space restrictions. also theres *** loads of room in the back.

anyway, paemon, youre too far out of the way, and gas is too expensive.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yea a melee tourney would be cool. Maybe some of the brawl kids will be fascinated lol.
Bryan, you still havn't tried starcraft :-O.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Sweet action, can't wait for tomorrow, now I just need to know when I should be ready by.
I'll be awake around 9 am to grab my school-dule. ft-sad. And I'll bring my setup
Didn't anyone else just notice RisingKen and Pay$ return?
Paemon my FC is in my public profile, so gtfo.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Paymon is alive? Welcome back dude. I'm still not sure how to spell your name but whatever.

Also, bryan by what time do you want me and my bros to be ready?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well Andy, does your mom's truck have enough room for Shade Bros., Gt, and me? Because in that case, we all might as well just take your mom's truck.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Man, Hanson, if you're starting before 5pm, I probably won't be able to make it... Friday is Truck Delivery, and I'm not scheduled to get mine before 4pm, so well, there. Unless the guys ahead of me unload really quickly, and I can get done in under 45 min, I'm going to be totally screwed once I hit the highway, because I-35 turns to **** after 5 o'clock.

I'll still try to come, but it's going to take a miracle to allow me to come ruin everybody's day by winning ^_^

Gravity

Smash Ace
gt, small change of plants.

typo makes it better. anyway, im giving everyone a ride. . .so, im getting bryan at like 1, so ill get you sometime after that, and then off to the kevins house, and then the norman.

someone print off mapquest (probably bryan), cuz i dont have a printer.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Holy ****.

News about Ken.

He's going to Las Vegas Evo??? Something about "lols I play Marf"

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Brandon, depending on how late you were, I would be willing to give you a bye. Chances are we won't have even brackets, and since it's my tournament I can get away with **** like that. So just do you best and I'll take care of the rest.

Top Bottom