• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
I have heard similar things about asians being the most racist of all races but I don't know.

Anyway so I think this is a good idea brett and i would help but I dont think there is anything I can do.

So I was working today on more of my 3d modeling today, and I actually finished my first character from top to bottom check her out!

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l472/shade_zr/?action=view&current=luna2copy.png

Sorry about the words in the way of the pic, just taking protocols against people that might steal my ideas.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
brett i'm going to try and plan this tourny with your next weekend if you want. have you asked your church yet for a venue option?

but yeah, that is the best crew idea ever.
so, yawara, brett, and i are on a crew for sure. we need 2 more.
i'll even enter brawl singles and doubles :]
rawr. let's get on this. OKLAHOMA IS HOSTING ANOTHER SMASH TOURNY?!? ZOMG!

but yeah, brett, let's discuss details this weekend if you want. if you don't want my help, that's fine, too, just trying to halp you if you want it :o

yawara gets back...the 10thish?

edit: po, i think it should be only 1 2v2. not because 2v2 shouldn't be there, but because limiting 5 people to a crew not only makes it easier, but includes more competition. if 5 6v6 crews make 6 5v5 crews, ya know?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, i saw someting about wichita... must the reigning teams champion return to deal with those NOOOOBZ!!!??!?!?!

and kuni you can do better than that... get 3ds max... piracy...er... free trials, ftw!

>__>

Shade_

Smash Ace
Your probably right coty, there are two problems though I don't know how to pirate, and if I made her any more detailed I think the game would lag.

Does 3d max help with texturing things?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I love Craig.

I would also like to say that I finally quit my job, but now I need a new one. <_< Someone hook me up!

South_Paw

Smash Ace
im not sure about your word 'help' but it does allow you to texture... its just a nightmare. you have to use a UVW unwrap... pretty much you're 'unwrapping' your model by flattening all of the polygons on it so you can individually texture them like that... its a pain but its the only way of doing it until better programs for texturing are integrated.

and i didnt know you were already using it in-game. in that case, work with what you can poly-count wise.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmm UVW, is that the name of the program? I am using a bunch of freeware, such as "Anim8tor, and UV maper, and ms paint and photoshop to create textures to create all the models and characters and the textures. And my brother programs it all to work out to interact with a player.

Texturing is the only pain, if 3d max had an easy way around it i would get it for sure.

The game so far can handle about 45000 triangle polygons on screen at a time. And that character is about 2500, and I want there to be around 5 enemies on screen at a time so I'm REALLY pushing it in terms of poly count, I have to make up the low poly with textures to hide it all.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
The model was decent, even if it was low poly by today's standards (it appears to be around Dreamcast level).

My criticism on it is that the arms aren't proportionate to the rest of the figure, having been made too thin.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Its a pretty badass model.
I'll be sure to download that game once you finish.

So, bryan, you still having that birthday bash friday?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I just think the hat is a little too wide at the top. But it looks nice, especially the name across the characters. Yes Alex, I'm actually off friday through monday and we should hang out and discuss things :).

Scud

Smash Apprentice
That would be sweet.....or how about also you challenge people so they will come to our next tourney?!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I'll take what you guys said to mind. Thanks.

I'd love to go to oos tournies to but...........money sucks the fun out of life.

spades

Smash Cadet
Some of us in Stillwater were thinking of doing a tourney before school hits and begins to consume our lives.

We have a place and stuff, but my friends aren't too interested unless we can get ppl out of stilly to come down.

It'd be for brawl, btw -.-

Comments? Interest?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Its a pretty badass model.
I'll be sure to download that game once you finish.

So, bryan, you still having that birthday bash friday?
Yes.

Some of us in Stillwater were thinking of doing a tourney before school hits and begins to consume our lives.

We have a place and stuff, but my friends aren't too interested unless we can get ppl out of stilly to come down.

It'd be for brawl, btw -.-

Comments? Interest?
I would be interested in that. In fact... it would probably be fun also to organize rivarly competition things between OU and OSU, such as crew battles, once school gets started and there is free time. I know that there will be five of us Smashboarders at OU, and undoubtedly there will be many more who play the game at some level.

And yeah, going OOS at some point would be pretty cool.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
you know what's better than money for smash? Friends for smash *sentimental face*, and various other pleasures. ^^

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
How about we have all of those tournaments instead of trying to put them all into one...
Awesome bryan, I'll need your address.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, I have about 15 dollars for use of what ever I want. And 10 of that will probably be for one of the brawl tournies. I'm gona get a job at college but all of that money is going towards a 6800 dollar fee for the dorms that are for some stupid reason "mandatory" for first year. And according to the letter of calculations they sent to me, if I work and show up every day I should have a wopping balance of 42 dollars more than I had at the end of the year.

So yeah I don't have enough money to just blindly enter every tourny that appears.

spades

Smash Cadet
Yes.

I would be interested in that. In fact... it would probably be fun also to organize rivarly competition things between OU and OSU, such as crew battles, once school gets started and there is free time. I know that there will be five of us Smashboarders at OU, and undoubtedly there will be many more who play the game at some level.

And yeah, going OOS at some point would be pretty cool.
I like that idea quite a bit. However, I personally don't know any other smashboarders in Stillwater, and my friends are pretty casual for the most part.
It's still a great idea.

How about you guys come to the tourny were scheduling soon, it would have a lot more people.
Both sound great? when is soon for you guys?
Our "soon" is before school or soon after that.

Also, our tourney price would be close to 5-10 bucks-ish (i'm also broke.)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Soon is also before school for us. So were on the same page exactly since I think 5-10 buck tourny (preferably5). I think 5 bucks is better in my opinion for you guys especially if you guys are just casual and not competitive, better to loose while only paying 5 instead of 10 is what I say. And I say that from me being the looser most of the time.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I wish it didn't bug me at all....but I hate seeing loose and loosing when someone is trying to say lose and losing. I just don't get it :(.
Alex and I will discuss the tourney over the weekend :).

spades

Smash Cadet
Soon is also before school for us. So were on the same page exactly since I think 5-10 buck tourny (preferably5). I think 5 bucks is better in my opinion for you guys especially if you guys are just casual and not competitive, better to loose while only paying 5 instead of 10 is what I say. And I say that from me being the looser most of the time.
5 bucks sounds good. I should have a place to hold the tourney here in Stillwater; it's on OSU campus in one of the community centers for in our Res Halls. It's nice and held a 40-man melee tourney last semester with ease. We've held several tourneys there before with no problems.

As for dates, I'm not sure how soon is too soon for advertising and such.

As for supplies, we may be limited here.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I wish it didn't bug me at all....but I hate seeing loose and loosing when someone is trying to say lose and losing. I just don't get it :(.
Alex and I will discuss the tourney over the weekend :).
Me too, but it's Kevin, lol. Btw, are you both coming to my Smashfest tomorrow?

Spades, weren't you that Snake player from that Brawl tournament in Tulsa?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
40 man melee tourney?! That many people went to a tourney at OSU? Shoot we need to get all those people to come down to our tourney lol.

Shade_

Smash Ace
My bad I'll work on that brett.

We can bring supplies to help you guys out probably if you need us to spades. by the way I like your name, I'm gona use it in the game I'm working for something, hope you don't mind..

Top Bottom