• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
that explains why you called at 2 in the morning, and why i missed it. ill call later at night then. . .

also, i too am looking forward to that tourny. i hope pablo hasnt forgotten about us.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
I hadnt really thought about all the people who havnt smashed with us in a while till i looked at the old power ranking on smashwiki

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol Kuni

I don't know if peeps in Singapore speak Cantonese. I can still understand Japanese anyway a bit anyway. And people in Singapore can speak english pretty fluently so I think i'm covered either way. :p

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Can any of you guys get in contact with Vegafuse about the tournament at OU? I absolutely don't want to miss it.
I don't think it's so much a question of whether or not you'll miss it (believe me, if you don't know when it is, then it is likely that we won't know when it is either, and Vegafuse would definitely post about it here) but rather a question of whether or not it's actually going to happen.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, i forgot you speak that other chinese language. Yeah, i wouldn't worry to much monshu, if its happening, then its easy to know.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
anyone else heard about the tourney the mcdonalds is holding?

it is gh3 madden and ssbb

i havnt read up but becasue it a large tourney it'll probably be 5 minute timed match with items set on very high without banned stages and a whole lot of campy wolfs and pits.
ill check up on it and edit this with more info

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
anyone else heard about the tourney the mcdonalds is holding?

it is gh3 madden and ssbb

i havnt read up but becasue it a large tourney it'll probably be 5 minute timed match with items set on very high without banned stages and a whole lot of campy wolfs and pits.
ill check up on it and edit this with more info
You mean the Midnight Gaming Championship? This? We did that last year when they were doing Melee: KOS-MOS, South Paw, Vegafuse and I won the four qualifying tournaments in Oklahoma, and then KOS-MOS won first place at the nationals in Dallas and got three-thousand dollars. They had a bit of an iffy start, but by the time nationals came around they were running things pretty well, so I expect this season to be pretty good.

It also looks like they've spread out more this year and are visiting more popular areas such as CA and NY.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
aaron, if your parents will allow it then i can give you a ride.

and are the actually good rules? Because the gamestop release tourneys rules were stupid 2 MIN MATCH 1V1V1 STARTING CHARACTERS ONLY!..... FINAL DESTINATION!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Im supposed to be back july 9th. So after that we could try find something to do. But if there is a smashfest on friday we could just go to that as well.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
and are the actually good rules? Because the gamestop release tourneys rules were stupid 2 MIN MATCH 1V1V1 STARTING CHARACTERS ONLY!..... FINAL DESTINATION!
Yeah, the rulesets are actually pretty good and standard. The only glitches were that it was single elimination (which is understandable, given the time constraints) and that they were played on laggy HD TVs, but the people in charge of the tournament took our advice to heart and had fixed these things by the time nationals rolled around.

Also, this probably won't mean anything to anyone but Andy, but I got my IB scores today:

Note that the numerical scores are out of a possible 7.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Uh-huh . . .

Should I be posting my old AP scores now . . . ? Man I do not want to go to work >_<

Gravity

Smash Ace
wow, nice job on the psych hl. . .also a 6 on the english hl. and you didnt do too bad in french.

even if i had stuck with it, i wouldnt have gotten the diploma. **** cas hours man.

still, good job

whoever said ib with a job is a ***** was right. difficulty of the work aside its still very time consuming. . .

also, i failed at all both ap tests i ever took. i think the format of the test just pissed me off, i jsut wanted to not be there the whole time. the ib tests were cool (the two i took anyway) because as soon as i was done i could leave.

andi have to be at work in 8 hours, and i have 3 hours of sleep. i think im gonan take a nap.

work is gay

also, i have to work saturday morning, so i cant make it to bretts, but i have friday off so ill call you kevin. in about 60 hours. so look forward to that.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Work is definitely gay. Today was murder for me. I'm so ****ing tired, and my arms are like ****ing lead right now holy hell

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Just to let Oklahoma know the NM tournament is going to do Brawl one day and Melee another. It also seems like there is more interest in Melee than Brawl at this tournament right now!

Gravity

Smash Ace
i tihnk if the masses knew about smashboards, the masses would come and play brawl. lots more people than post here play brawl, and they all think theyre the best.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
that is true, ive seen lots of newcomer online and in other things and they are the best in their local area so they are automatically cocky and they are the best, then you 3 stock them because they were spamming smashes with ike and to them touching the sheild button is a crime against god, then they declare you haxor because you snake dash/smash boost and refuse to play anymore.....lol

maybe moar advertisements should be in order

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Andy thinks he is the best at everything and deserves to be run over by a harley.
Andy can't show up friday? :( that sux0rz
Yawara, lol you never actually answered my question.
Do you want me to pick you up from the airport, are you wanting to stay with me, and what date do you get back again?

Alex, we do need to hang, but I'm pretty sure Chris will just want to come Friday.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
OMG I bought me a DREAMCAST!
and I have a VMU, so Alex, bring Sonic Shuffle!

Bryan are you going to brett's on friday?
If so, how and can you give me and wut? a ride?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Speaking of rides, my car's brakes (more like the master cylinder) don't work and the muffler has a hole in it (forgot to say this story).

This actually isn't a bad thing though since the broken muffler makes my accord sound like a v8 monster, and the lack of brakes makes driving funner lol

ABS blows ***, I'm sorry, but it's true. Driving and not knowing when your braking fluid will run out is pretty fun. I've been caught a bunch of times just repeatedly pumping my brakes trying to get my car to a stop and then putting it in neutral and trying to pump more fluid so I can actually apply pressure to the brakes. And I also had to learn how to engine lock my car (automatic) and then wildly pump with the handbrake to stop it. Good stuff.

Beat that and your stupid manual car Andy lol If I can get a manual car with a busted Master Cylinder, I'm sure driving would be loads of fun.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, my car isnt a manual anymore. . .also, if you think thats fun, try driving a manual with the slave cylinder on the clutch broken. or with worn out synchros, or, if youre a real man, both.

abs isnt that bad, but as long as you arent stupid about it you shouldnt lock your brakes without it, and if you do, its not a big deal. also, parking brake ftw.

and then theres engine braking, which would help you with your brakes being out, but you gotta be careful with that. plus a stick. im hoping to get a new car soon though, and i (probably) wont be buying an auto again, unless i find another good deal

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well my friends..........I just got back from my adventure. I'm probably gona sleep for a good 14 hours then wake up and unpack. But after that I'll check to see if anything is happening on the boards.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Engine lock, engine break, same difference.

And driving without ABS was actually pretty terrifying when I was on the interstate just because I was about ot miss my exit and I was leaning over and braking at the same time and found out that I had no brakes at all on the interstate and a car was tailing right behind me lol I didn't really feel like trying to pump my brakes back when I was going about 60.

Oh yeah, i also get horrible MPG because of my muffler.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Welcome home Kuni. Do you think you can come to my house friday for the smashfest? It would be sweet if you could :). I would appreciate a few more RSVPs or whatever you want to call them, letting me know who is coming. Chris or Bryan?

My car's abs suck....they lock up and do whatever they do way too much. I have to go like 0 mph on ice or they act ********. Speaking of cars, what do you guys think of a Scion?

Top Bottom