• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Brett is awesome

I'll try my best to make it, but I'll have to find a ride...

I can bring 1 or 2 other fighting games, but not a lot since we probably won't even play them. I say 3S and/or GGAC. StarCraft is fun, but I'm no good at it :(

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Prepare the grandest one-dollar bill you have, about time someone mans up :chuckle:

Edit: Oh, wow, it's officially Friday. Happy B-day, Brett!!!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I really hope a lot of people are coming to this. I hope everyone reads my post :-O. If you guys can spread the word. I'll probably try to call a few people tomorrow just in case they didn't see this.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Well the only way I could make it is if I had a ride, and my other ride just lost his ability as his step-dad is a jerk and his tag expired...
I'm either not goin or talking to andy, and I don't have any money for gas so I think I'm not going

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, you can all come at 4 yippee! Remember, it's my birdthday... so you better bring a good ADDITUDE. Money and sleeping stuff are loved too.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, im going when i get off work.

if youll pay me back at a later point and dont mind not leaving until 10 then i can give you a ride.

although id appreciate it if you could somehow meet me at work so i didnt have to go all the way back to your house.

but if you cant or wont i can go out to your house. its just out of the way.

if you are interested i guess talk to me on aim
even if i dont answer ill see your message and text you or something.

also, that means im going if you didnt get that.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!​

LOL April Fools... **** Babac, you almost got me, dawg, ALMOST...
No april fools, it just so happened that I posted that on april fools day. I completely meant everything I said.

Anyway, your wiimote is still here. So, ya know, whenever you wanna come get it.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
What's up ya'll...

FINALLY, got my Brawl game back last week, but my router went down the next day. Got it back up and running yesterday.

I demand FCs!

Mine - 5370-0384-1628

I'll be sending mine to a couple of you guys, but if you want to add me, go ahead. Looking forward to playing some of ya'll.

Okay, I added:
Hazy
GT
Omega
Po
Monshou

If I didn't add ya, it's because your # wasn't up...or I didn't see you. If you want me to add you, just tell me.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I believe I've added you, Monshou. What is your Wifi Brawl name?

I'll add you, Ferro.

I usually pop in on Wifi at various times throughout the day to see if anyone is on, depending on how much free time I have.

Anyway, I've been practicing Melee a bit, just to get my Melee fingers back. If people are still going to play Melee, then I see no reason why I shouldn't play both games.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I am Feline Swordskat (S.Kat), though if I kick you out and I am playing someone, it is probably because I am playing someone on Gamebattles' ladder.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
What's up ya'll...

FINALLY, got my Brawl game back last week, but my router went down the next day. Got it back up and running yesterday.

I demand FCs!

Mine - 5370-0384-1628

I'll be sending mine to a couple of you guys, but if you want to add me, go ahead. Looking forward to playing some of ya'll.

Okay, I added:
Hazy
GT
Omega
Po
Monshou

If I didn't add ya, it's because your # wasn't up...or I didn't see you. If you want me to add you, just tell me.
I'll add yours Ferro, mine's under my avatar.

_____

For me, Brawl has become more of a casual game. I had high hopes for it competitively and I felt kinda down for a while but once I let go of that I realized I still find it fun to have friendly matches online and stuff. I don't feel so hyped about Melee as I used to though, but that's probably because it's been so long since I actually played the game in a competitive setting : (. GGAC and a couple others have taken the forefront now. As well as Final Fantasy VI randomly enough, which I've actually never gotten all the way through before and now I'm really getting into it haha :laugh:.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ferro and monshou i added you guys....Znth....get off of team battles and fight me!!! lol im still waiting on crackboom,gt,hazygoose,bored, and sars to add me...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff, Brett. GG to everyone there, played some Melee/GuiltyGear/StreetFighter, saw some hilarious Brawl matches/stages, listened to Andy's masterpieces (if you hear it, you can't unhear it.... which is a bad thing), sung Happy B-day to Brett like at 1 or 2 am, witnessing Chris getting lucky wit' da ladiez, and winning my $1 MM against Yawara, which I used to buy a Dasani. The medieval fair was pretty cool too :cool:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't come guys, my car desperately needed an oil change, and I didn't want to risk messing it up... so Happy Late Birthday, Brett! I'll be sure to own all you cats at Brawl (and Melee) at the next Smashfest-B-Day-Thingie, so yeah.

Oh, I'm going online for a bit now, so if you catch this post, holla at your boy. My connection's been acting pretty gay, but maybe I can get some decent battles in.

Gravity

Smash Ace
man yawara that video was awesome. i really want to go do a lap there on a bike someday. maybe i should move to germany. im already semi-fluent in german. . .

L

leetcao

couldn't make it to your party because of work and family stuff, but happy belated birthday man. call me up if you or yawara feel like smashing on the westinghouse.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
Wow I really need to check the thread more often because i never know when somethings goin down.
Well besides that gt and I were playing rock band he was on drums and for some reson it remined me about the time when rasta had the smashfest at his house and the baby **** on the drums. That was priceless:rotfl:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't come guys, my car desperately needed an oil change, and I didn't want to risk messing it up... so Happy Late Birthday, Brett! I'll be sure to own all you cats at Brawl (and Melee) at the next Smashfest-B-Day-Thingie, so yeah.
It's a shame you couldn't make it Brandon, though maybe next time :( Also, what about DAT POKEMON DIAMOND/PEARL??? 2v2? You and Marc vs. me and me?

Edit: MM me guys, $1-$5, I need more money for bottled water.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
love the edit to my wiki page GT.... it was... cute to say the least...im still waiting on you to add me and then we will see if u can beat me. i never needed the IG to beaty ou but just hearing you always complain about it made me think of my "mindgames" and how im in your head before we even fight :) lol

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, I missed out on Andy's masterpieces? :(
Yeah, you missed out on what could've possibly been the most frightening 7 minutes of your life :)

Well, despite Brawl being released, the scene here still seems pretty dried up. I was thinking we could set up, perhaps, another OSC tournament. Popular fighting games in OK I know of:

-SSB Brawl
-SSB Melee
-SFIII: Third Strike
-Tekken 5 DR
-GuiltyGear Accent Core

And maybe one more out of:
-Soul Calibur 3 (not the arcade edition, unfortunately)
-Soul Calibur IV (released 6/24, if I happen to host the tournament after May)
-Virtua Fighter 5 (if there even is a scene anymore, c'mon VFDC!)
-Dat Mahvel Baby (most likely candidate, but may have to settle for PS2 due to lack of converters)
-Random SNK/Playmore game (needs full support from the committed scene, yes, all 3 of you, recruit as many random Mexicans as you can!)
-CvS2 (Another good candidate)
-SSFII:Turbo (oldschoolers, where u at???)
-Dead or Alive 4 (lots of casual players, dunno if there's an actual dedicated scene though)

The Sooner room is what I'm looking into, as I don't feel like shelling out more than $100 just for a venue. I'll notify/collaborate with the respective communities for each game.

Feedback, please.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you missed out on what could've possibly been the most frightening 7 minutes of your life :)

Well, despite Brawl being released, the scene here still seems pretty dried up. I was thinking we could set up, perhaps, another OSC tournament. Popular fighting games in OK I know of:

-SSB Brawl
-SSB Melee
-SFIII: Third Strike
-Tekken 5 DR
-GuiltyGear Accent Core

And maybe one more out of:
-Soul Calibur 3 (not the arcade edition, unfortunately)
-Soul Calibur IV (released 6/24, if I happen to host the tournament after May)
-Virtua Fighter 5 (if there even is a scene anymore, c'mon VFDC!)
-Dat Mahvel Baby (most likely candidate, but may have to settle for PS2 due to lack of converters)
-Random SNK/Playmore game (needs full support from the committed scene, yes, all 3 of you, recruit as many random Mexicans as you can!)
-CvS2 (Another good candidate)
-SSFII:Turbo (oldschoolers, where u at???)
-Dead or Alive 4 (lots of casual players, dunno if there's an actual dedicated scene though)

The Sooner room is what I'm looking into, as I don't feel like shelling out more than $100 just for a venue. I'll notify/collaborate with the respective communities for each game.

Feedback, please.
That sounds amazing Pablo
Seriously, I'd be up for something as grand as this...

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Gt, that sounds like a good idea Pablo. Another game that could be up for consideration depending on how big the scene grows is Arcana Heart. Until this week it's been a pretty niche game for places like TX and NY that have it in arcade but it's releasing on console for us tomorrow. I think there's a couple people over at SRK that play it, and I know I'll at least be checking it out. It was featured at FRXI this year too so I think it's gaining some popularity.

If the event ends up being after SCIV is released and it turns out it's worth something, I'd pick that over SCIII if there's going to be SC. And I know me personally I would take part in the Melee/GGAC/3S action at least.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
:laugh::rotfl::chuckle:

I would love for there to be a Brawl/Melee tournament... as long as I could make it :laugh:

Also, I've developed a movement technique in Brawl... I don't know if it's mainstream knowledge yet (I would think so since it's not a big glitch or exploit or anything), but I think that it could prove to be pretty useful... I'll post it once I get some video of it... maybe ;) :lick:

Ah, yeah, this seems to be what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8wygkxDyI . I seem to be better at it than that person, though. Basically, you can dash dance, but the range is very small and it can only be done at the beginning of your dash animation, so by itself, it is nearly useless. However, you can still fox trot (using the dash animation in consecutive execution), so the idea is to do a dash, then dash dance at the beginning of the next dash to trot the other way, and so on. It is really more or less the Brawl alternative to Melee dash dancing, though not quite as effective.

Top Bottom