• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
you mean UT? or are you talking about tennessee?
No, I meant the Univesity of Tulsa. I guess I should have spelled that out, since the acronym is rather conflicting and confusing.

I'd be willing to meet up somewhere in OKC to be picked up. Maybe at Chris's or Kevin's house, since there're already two/three people there?

RR sounds fine by me.

10 days. It's the final stretch!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so i think im goin try and use lucario, wolf, sonic, ice climbers ofcourse, and link. thats my official list for characters i will use. i take back what i saidbout lucario, he actually looks really good. i like the fact the more damage he has the stronger he is

South_Paw

Smash Ace
so just a random question...y do kansas smashers hate ok so much???
I will share with you the placings at the most recent KS. tourney that OK attended.

FO SHO Singles:

1st: chris (undefeated)
2nd: pablo

doubles:

1st: me and pablo (lost only to chris and babac in winners)
2nd: chris and babac

FO SHO 2 singles:

2nd: me (only lost to chris)

doubles

1st: chris and me (undefeated)
2nd: babac and paemon (lost only to me and chris)

need i say more?

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I will share with you the placings at the most recent KS. tourney that OK attended.

FO SHO Singles:

2nd: pablo

doubles:

1st: me and pablo (lost only to chris and babac in winners)
2nd: chris and babac

FO SHO 2 singles:

2nd: me (only lost to chris)

doubles

1st: chris and me (undefeated)
2nd: babac and paemon (lost only to me and chris)

need i say more?
so in other words, D D D DOMINATION!!!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
For any confusion...this smashfest would be tomorrow. Make sure to check the boards before you come, I may cancel it due to certain conditions.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
For any confusion...this smashfest would be tomorrow. Make sure to check the boards before you come, I may cancel it due to certain conditions.
But how am I gonna get thereeeee? :o Pickup at Kevin's house? I suppose Chris would need a ride as well, so it'd work out for the best... as well as be like old times ;)

Sonic is a showpony.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Okay, PO IS COMING TOMORROW, NO QUESTION. SO GET READY FOR THE AWESOME.

So, what time are we all getting together? I've got the day off, but I have a thing in Ada to go to, but that's starts at 2PM, so I should be back around 5 or so, give or take.

Round Robin? Sign me up, and look out, Chris, YOU'RE GOING DOWN, PIMP STYLE!

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie, that vid sucked...
Most of those combos could've been air dodged, DIed, and or avoided all together EASILY.
It's just sad, not Falcon, just that guy's attempts.
As for the smashfest :( I can't make it...
I wanted to be in RR, I could land on some underrated character, (i.e. kirby)
and... well who cares :(
I'll just be at the brawlfest.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
...Rasta MIGHT make an appereance, maybe...

If I have enough gas Ill go, but Ill probably end up leaving around 8 or so, these girls need company to whatever the hell it is that they are doing. One of them has a thing for me, even though that ***** has a boyfriend, so I gotta go.

Also, since I retired, I realize so much more now than ever before how much I HATE fighting chris.

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
Okay, PO IS COMING TOMORROW, NO QUESTION. SO GET READY FOR THE AWESOME.

So, what time are we all getting together? I've got the day off, but I have a thing in Ada to go to, but that's starts at 2PM, so I should be back around 5 or so, give or take.

Round Robin? Sign me up, and look out, Chris, YOU'RE GOING DOWN, PIMP STYLE!

I live in ada, COME SMASH!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
SO! It's settled then.

Smashfest at Brett's tomorrow? Thing is what time do we gots to be ready? And Chris, I'd suggest you not go Marth cause you'll get destroyed by us.

A-game is tomorrow. Bring VCRs!!! Or if not VCRs then bring cam corders. We're recording *****es!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I'm picking up chris, bryan, andy, and kuni at 5-6 at kuni's house so I should be home at 6:45 or something....I would suggest other people coming at 7.....if you just have to come maybe i'll take yawara to my house and leave him there by himself to cry or to visit whoever comes before I get there.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dudes, please bring recording equipment . . . I don't know how to stress it, but we can get this stuff up man!

But if you do bring a vcr, i'll either have to keep it for a bit until i finish uploading or you guys have to take the capture card. Your call.

Also, it's very true what Babac says.

If you dont' know, you will get more than anal ****. (you'll get no downtime with OK's loudest Asian)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
looks like i'll be leaving the 8th in the morning instead of the 7th morning...my woman "needs" her check and she cant get it till mid-friday...lame...owell expect me to b back home round 7ish on the 8th

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, Heath! I'll see what I can do about coming your way. You have a phone number I can reach you at? I might, might be able to drag Marc along, maybe.

Hit me up pretty soon, because I'll be leaving about 12 noonish.

EDIT: Durh, my cell # is (405) 412-9345...

Gravity

Smash Ace
ok folks, im gonna go look at this car sunday, and assuming my moms boyfriend(a certified mechanic) says its somewhat reliable ish, i should have it that night.

im sure its got its share of problems, but i want it so bad. 88 camaro, ugly exterior, rebuilt engine. anyway, insurance is 11 dollars cheaper than on my current car(go figure).

only problem is it barely gets 10 mpg, and not the way i drive. i will survive.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
what the mother....10 miles per gallon?! It seems like you might as well get a different car :(. Won't you be spending so much on gas that it will overtake the price of buying a bit better car? I hope you get a car nonetheless and I'm glad if you get SOMETHING :). I'm leaving to pick people up now, **** sauce.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude just get like a 95 accord or something. You'll find one for pretty cheap, and it'll last you for a long time and **** that gas mileage.

Gravity

Smash Ace
no. im not getting it for the gas mileage. the instant is aw that car i fell in love with it.

not to mention the engine modifications the guy says hes done to it. and its a v8. rear wheel drive.

i think a 95 accord would be a lot like a 95 saturn and im looking for something different.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, a car like that you get for fun; but you actually need a real car too.

A v8 though sounds badass. Have you heard the engine yet? And rear wheel would be pretty sweet to drive.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
Man, has it been a while since I've posted on here.

Well this is Blaine just saying that I'm still alive. I've been so wound up with my h/w this year, AP classes are a pain.

But yeah, especially when Brawl comes out, expect to see me in a couple of events, my Peach is gonna come back strong so watch out XD.

Now, if I only had a car O_o..

edit: Also Chris, you ***, or Babac the half-Persian, one of you guys let me know if something's going on just in case I don't check the boards :D

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Dude, what the ****. The smash fest was on Friday and not Saturday. I'm glad no one made that clear to me. You guys suck. I miss the last melee event. Yep, life sucks right now.

Sars, I still probably going to be in Norman Saturday if you want to smash with Wes, Tyle, and myself. Just hit me up on here with a phone # or something.

Hope you guys had fun without me.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hmm, sorry but I did clarify what day the smashfest was on....look through the posts after when you posted asking when the smashfest was. Hopefully next time...I miss heath too.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Oklahoma smashers are amazing. I aspire to become as amazing.

Edit: BTW, can everyone tell me which GameStop location you're attending for the Brawl tournament? I don't want to end up competing against a bunch of SWFers just for round 1.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/default.asp

Among the many in the list, there's 2 in Edmond, 2 in Norman, and 7 in OKC (though, I think there's really only 6 here) that should be hosting the tournaments. As far as I know, Brandon claims Crossroads and Marc has either Westgate or the Qualsprings Marketplace. Anyone else?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well this is Blaine just saying that I'm still alive. I've been so wound up with my h/w this year, AP classes are a pain.
Take IB classes and then come talk to me.

I went to my Edmond location, but they made johns, even though they're on the freaking list of participating stores, so I'm going to go back today and make them host it. If they're still stubborn, I'll hit the other Edmond location.

Smashfest was great.

Also, Dancing Mad. And we should invite Kefka here, I'm sure he'd really enjoy it, XD

8 days. That's my favorite number!

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know, Scud. I just wasn't able to check that before it was to late. Its really my bad. I still really wish I could have been there. Did you guys do a RR? Thanks, Sars. I'm still going to be in Norman tonight if anyone wants to smash. Let me know.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Oh, yeah. Wes, Tyle, and I won't be attending any brawl tournments. Were just going to take that little sucker home and play the **** out of it. I'm not sure what Crackboom will do.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Oklahoma smashers are amazing. I aspire to become as amazing.

Edit: BTW, can everyone tell me which GameStop location you're attending for the Brawl tournament? I don't want to end up competing against a bunch of SWFers just for round 1.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ssbb/tournament/default.asp

Among the many in the list, there's 2 in Edmond, 2 in Norman, and 7 in OKC (though, I think there's really only 6 here) that should be hosting the tournaments. As far as I know, Brandon claims Crossroads and Marc has either Westgate or the Qualsprings Marketplace. Anyone else?
Im gonna be at the one by walmart here in edmond.
How about everyone else, theres a midnight release party at all of them

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Im going to the one on rockwell and expressway, paemon is going to the one on expressway and council (the one next to walmart). And jeff is going to the one in quail.

Smash is an amazing game.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
i'm not dead, i swear!!

won't be able to do the brawl tourney, have to work. le sigh

on the plus side though, i've been playing brawl for almost a month. teehee

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Man, Heath, I really wanted to come kick it with you, but my whole family all decided to pile up in my car... I don't think they would have appreciated waiting around while you and I Smashed all day.

Yeah, Smashfest was awesome, I especially had fun playing against Kuni 1v1 and Teaming with him. Shade has always been my favorite OK Smasher(no johns OHKO) as far as playstyle goes. Yeah, he can be annoying to play a lot of the time, but that's what makes him so great.

Also, yes, I'm going to the Crossroads GameStop, so no one go there or else I'll have to pummel you with Dedede, and you REALLY don't want that, do you?

Top Bottom