• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Whatever's cool.

A friend of mine's throwing himself a birthday party thing anyway, so I was planning to go to some of that anyway. Guess I'll stay for all of it lol

Scud

Smash Apprentice
:( so I guess we aren't going to have a smashfest. Then I guess I'll start thinking about next week. Sorry guys. I play Step Mania and I consider myself pretty good but not as good as Andy. I am pretty good at Guitar Hero too.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I will probably be in Norman Saturday like I am every weekend and will be smashing with my crew. Let me know if any of you are done. Hit me up with your digits so I can get a hold of you if so.

I don't know why I do this but anytime I see a comment by The Irish Dude, I always skip it and move on to the next one. No offense, Irish.

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
eh probably not. not only is my car dying, but my mom thinks its somehow my fault. because the ONLY reason a 14 year old car would start to leak is because of a teenager driving it.

i tihnk shes just pissed about the stain in the driveway, but who cares.

Ahh is it an American car?... If so then thats your problem and you need to sell/junk it and buy a Honda lol.

BTW who it going to the Kansas 1st torney for brawl?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
wow outlaw that was rough dude...as for the kansas tourny i cant make it...my truck needs a few more tweaks before i can go down to oklahoma and going to wichita would be over doing it...yes sid its american

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah, its an american car, but my moms boyfriend is a certified mechanic (what luck!), so hes gonna look at it later and from there ill decide if im getting a new car.

and on that note, if anyone knows of a used car for under 2 grand that is in reliable condition and not an automatic, say so. no way am i driving an automatic : (

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I think that a Smashfest next week, the week before Brawl's U.S. release, would be good timing.

Also, I don't see why anyone would start to call them "Brawlfests," since it is still Smash Bros.

16 days.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i just went on a 1 hour journey for a video game which i could not get.

I sold a bunch of games to game stop last week so i could someday afford devil may cry 4. I got up to just over 40 bucks. Then yesterday i got money to go see a movie i ended up not seeing, so now i have enough, except i can't access any of the money i built up in store credit because this one day this one time the computers are down and they cannot access my mother****in money. so they sent me to the store down the street. Turns out the system was down there. Credit cards work just fine, but the "Edge" cards don't work for ****. I hate you, GameStop, you're holding my game for ransom and you won't let me get any money.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
that's gotta be a *****....

So Lucky for me I'll be getting Brawl for my b-day, although that already happened. Hope you guys can have a smash fest next week, seems fitting.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Not bad, Auddy.

I think I'm going to use either Toon Link or Pit after Marth and Meta Knight. Toon Link looks fun and Phantom Hourglass was awesome. Pit looks like he could be cool to use as well. Of course, just about all of the characters look cool to use, but these four are my top picks as of now.

15 days.

Dove

Smash Cadet
i just went on a 1 hour journey for a video game which i could not get.

I sold a bunch of games to game stop last week so i could someday afford devil may cry 4. I got up to just over 40 bucks. Then yesterday i got money to go see a movie i ended up not seeing, so now i have enough, except i can't access any of the money i built up in store credit because this one day this one time the computers are down and they cannot access my mother****in money. so they sent me to the store down the street. Turns out the system was down there. Credit cards work just fine, but the "Edge" cards don't work for ****. I hate you, GameStop, you're holding my game for ransom and you won't let me get any money.
wow. bull****. that sucks, man.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm getting a wii Monday.

See if I can hack that **** cause I don't feel like buying games no more lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Don't feel like paying for games man . . .

But I must admit I have second thoughts cause I looked this cat up on craig's lists and got a good deal (300 bucks) but the dude sounds sketchy as hell.

Some Asian guy or something cause he had a foreign accent and called from an untraceable number.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Meta knight looks soooo lame, hes like the shiek of melee, you hold the A button down and you win.
Lol, you mean his rapid slash attack? The only time that is even potentially much of a threat is if you're up against a wall, but even then I believe you can DI out of it. And Meta Knight isn't like Sheik in any way, shape, or form, because he lacks kill moves, while practically every one of Sheik's moves was either a kill move or a move that comboed into a kill move.

14 days. Just two weeks left!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Kuni, Kuni, Kuni...

Next thing you will be saying guys are cooler than girls because you are a guy, next thing we know youll be playing peach chillin with DoH.

Shade_

Smash Ace
i didn't get that, but what ever. Any way its just that all his attacks are so fast and continuous plus there is little lag and decent range for almost all of them.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Apparently Peach has been nerfed down to mid/low tier in Brawl. Vidjo is apparently quitting Peach, Xif is apparently switching mains to R.O.B., and Mike G apparently has no interest in her.

Personally, I'm hoping that they find some redeeming qualities, because while I do think she did need to be nerfed, I want the game end up being as balanced as possible and don't think she needed to be nerfed that much. Then again, it's still too early in the game to be jumping to conclusions, since apparently in Melee's early days everyone thought that Marth was unplayable, though I'm not really sure how <_<;

Or maybe she's been nerfed appropriately and the Peach players just aren't used to the lack of broken ****. IDK.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Or maybe she's been nerfed appropriately and the Peach players just aren't used to the lack of broken ****. IDK.
That's more than likely the case. "OH MY GOD! I CAN'T BE GAY IN THIS GAME! I HATE YOU, BRAWL!" Has been the mantra for quite a few Melee players as of late. I'm terribly, terribly disappointed in them all.

I thought they were made of sterner stuff... :(

On that note, I was reading up on Sakurai's speech at GDC this past Friday, and apparently, HE PERSONALLY PROGRAMED EVERY SINGLE ATTACK FOR EVERY CHARACTER IN THE GAME. Hitboxes, stun, knockback, duration, beginning and ending lag, ALL OF IT. He also can somehow play a fast-paced FFA WITH HIMSELF.

He started his speech with a demonstration of Brawl in which he simultaneously controlled Sonic, Pit, and Snake with three Gamecube Controllers laid out on a table, keyboard-style. Most people were pretty impressed that he was able to do so and make it look fluid and seamless.

Also, THE ENTIRE ROSTER WAS DECIDED IN JULY 2006. Except for Sonic, who they worked on in 2007, due to working out the deal with Sega.

The man's a ****ing genius, hands down. Big props to Sakurai for making Smash awesome.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
You've got a point. After all, once Brawl released in Japan, everyone in the Brawl Marth boards was like "omfg the engine nerfed him I hope he's still playable competitively" and right now he looks like one of the best in the game.

Talk about a do-it-yourself person, that Sakurai.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
About the whole Peach sucking/not sucking thing, I still believe to this day, that there are no truly BAD characters, just some have more ease of use or some killer trick/move that they can use to get by. It really all boils down to player skill/ability.

I am (un)known for my use of Luigi against 'better' characters like Sheik and Marth, and still manage to hold my own. I've seen Chris own people with Mr. Game&Watch... and I've even beaten(or come close to it) 'decent' players with Pichu... so yeah.

So I suggest to everyone that we take others' opinions/impressions/whatever (and even videos) of Brawl and its gameplay with a grain of salt, because until you actually experience it and learn/decide things for yourself, you really don't have much to go on, especially with all the conflicting reports I hear of Brawl each and every day...

mr_roboto

Smash Rookie
well howdy guys.....i doubt any of you remember me, but i used to post on here a lot, than i lost the interweb for awhile and after that just didn't get back on smashboards. but now that brawl is coming back i felt the need to drop by and get back on smashboards.

also wow yawara, didn't expect to see you on here, i'm bevo btw, micah's friend

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wow, what the hell Bevo?

You play smash man? Hit me up, we gotta play some time. Tired of being good and **** at Guitar hero 2 XD

And lol @ Kuni.

Phileas

Smash Rookie
hey all this is Tyler from Crackboom's crew, just lettin you know I finally got on the boards. you guys are cool, can't wait for brawl.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
About the whole Peach sucking/not sucking thing, I still believe to this day, that there are no truly BAD characters, just some have more ease of use or some killer trick/move that they can use to get by. It really all boils down to player skill/ability.

So I suggest to everyone that we take others' opinions/impressions/whatever (and even videos) of Brawl and its gameplay with a grain of salt, because until you actually experience it and learn/decide things for yourself, you really don't have much to go on, especially with all the conflicting reports I hear of Brawl each and every day...
i agree...i was beatin one to many times when sid magically perfected game&watch lol watchin videos and just thinkin about some of the characters makes me wonder if they are really gonna be good or even as good as before. R.O.B. for instance - the whole idea to me sounds really...lame but if i watch a vid on him my mind changes that thought to well he could be a decent character...its all a mindgame.

...as for pichu...pablo i hate you

mr_roboto

Smash Rookie
sounds good man, i'm heading down to norman this week, more than likely about wednesday or so...but just saying one thing, i played with the people on this board once and got my *** handed to me like no other so if you anything like them don't expect to much out of me, I'm about as good as Gerry is though he will never admit it lol

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hey roboto i remember how that felt... i got owned by everyone my first time. but its always a good time even if your with someone not as good. heck they got me better...hopefully im better now than before i moved...
yes pimpus i figured you of all people would understand that lol

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
i want to buy a dazzle capture card...
i don't know what model to get though.
any suggestions?
Ask Auddy. He has a good one. I never really payed attention to what model it is though. Dazzle Platinum something I think.

So I'm pumped for Brawl. I don't care what other people say, the game looks fun as hell to me. Someone should host a "Brawl: It's about **** time" smashfest or something after it comes out (after people have had enough time to unlock all the characters adn stages and all that good stuff)

Also, Irish Dude, your sig rocks :laugh:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Alex, I've gota dazzle capture card. Only thing is, we don't record here so . . .

But I got a cheap like 30 dollar one (on sale), and it works just fine. Dazzle's cards are all good, so I don't think it'll matter which model you get. So I'd recommend just going cheap.

And I got my wii today. Cool beans, eh? Just need to get Brawl now I guess . . .

Top Bottom