• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, why hasn't rasta offered to hold a smashfest yet?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Rasta's dreads have been in a drag lately. Makes for bad Smashfests, you know.

Also, this is a bit late but I concur with the notion that Andy would make an awesome Snake.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah i want to use snake, and after watching some other videos. . .
the other people i really want to use are Wolf and Ike.

even though that makes me a kevin clone i dont care.

ill probably want to use samus too

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Marth and Meta Knight are still my top two, and after them... I'm really not sure. All of the characters look so awesome O_o Except for the Kongs, I'm prejudice against monkeys. But yeah, Pit looks awesome, Dedede looks fun, Snake looks fun, Ike looks cool, R.O.B. looks cool, Falco and Ganon look fun, Pokemon Trainer is awesome, Lucario (sorry Craig :p) looks cool, Wolf looks cool, Toon Link might be good... Pit is probably my top candidate for third place right now, and then probably Dedede.

Also:
Gravity said:
even though that makes me a kevin clone i dont care.
No clones allowed in Brawl :o

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'll be mainly playing as Luigi, Dedede, Ike, and Pokemon Trainer, but after seeing him in action, Wario is looking really interesting as well.
I also like the improvements made to Bowser, and Olimar looks like he'll be really satisfying to master. The Hedgehog is also winning me over...

Aw screw it, after my initial Top Five, I'll probably just be going Random a lot of the time. Soooo many awesome characters in one game... so little time...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im most likely going to be workin with link IC's and sonic...idk but i think link is going to bust out as one of the better characters in this one...and dont hatefor me askin but i need info on wolf...as in what game is he from i havent been able to find a good video to look at him...i feel all noobish now

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
im most likely going to be workin with link IC's and sonic...idk but i think link is going to bust out as one of the better characters in this one...and dont hatefor me askin but i need info on wolf...as in what game is he from i havent been able to find a good video to look at him...i feel all noobish now
Wolf is from the Starfox series. A rival-class antagonist, I'd say. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starwolf#Star_Wolf_team
You'd probably like him, since the surname "O'Donnell" would suggest that he's Irish :p

To be honest, though, I like Falco the most out of the spacies this time around. His moves are so aggressive yet stylish.

And yeah, the random character select is actually pretty neat, since you won't know who you are until the match begins.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
thanks. and yea id have to pic falco over fox and now wolf lol. but atleast the random pic give you something to wait on this time. its awesome. especially if u wanna play as every character

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The characters I'll probably use are as follows . . .

Falcon, Trainer, Marth, Fox, Wolf, Falco, Ike, Pikachu (cutest taunt ever), Sheik, Mario, Pit . . . goes on.

I really don't think it'll be hard learning every character again . . . But of the ones that I"ve seen, I think Falcon, Marth, Wolf, and Trainer especially fit me the best.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
List time yay!

Bowser, Wario, DeDeDe, ROB, Trainer, Diddy.

Fox and Falco still look like top tier boringness, but Wolf looks amazing. It's that crazy stance... so intimidating.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Speaking of intimidating . . .

Who's going to Brett's on Friday if he's going to have a smashfest?

Craig? (I haven't seen you in like 4 months . . .) Andy? Brandon? I know Bryan and Chris are willing . . .

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of intimidating . . .

Who's going to Brett's on Friday if he's going to have a smashfest?

Craig? (I haven't seen you in like 4 months . . .) Andy? Brandon? I know Bryan and Chris are willing . . .
Shouldn't we get a hold of him or something?

Beside the point,
I'll go if I have a ride...
Bryan or Andy, you think you could pick me up?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
gotta....?.....why is ROB in the game....as a playable character?!?! im sry im just not understanding it dudes

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I work mostly on weekends now and stuff and junk. So its hard to want to drive down to Norman for only a few hours just to drive back up the same night. But everyone get a Wii so we can play Brawl online together

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
gotta....?.....why is ROB in the game....as a playable character?!?! im sry im just not understanding it dudes
Because robots are ****ing awesome.

Also, I'm visiting OU tomorrow, so I'll already be in Norman and, thus, won't be able to give anyone a ride.

I do need to hear confirmation from either Brett or someone who is speaking for him, though.

31 days.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
im gonna have to talk to brett again, but i think i can go.

kuni however, cant.
Does that mean you can give me a ride?
I can go, even if I will suck worse than I did a year and a half ago.
Well I'm probably still better than that...

Also uber lolz at sonic-kirby

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I just talked to my mom on the phone and she said I could have people over...so yea. I guess try to show up at like 5 or something? I don't know a good specific time because I know a lot of guys will get out of school and then come. I'll try to be home at like 4:30...I may update saying I will come home earlier but for now plan on coming at around 5 or any time later. Bring monies and sleepies if you want to eaties and sleepies pleasies. Andy, while 3 people in my bed has occurred in the past, I'm not thinking that's always the best choice. 2 sounds terrific though. Yawara I'll give you a ride tomorrow...you can call me or I'll call you eventually, but try to be able to be picked up around 4 or so :).

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey, remember that time we were playing pikmin, and then that huge thing ***** them all in one attack, and we both got sad?

that was amusing.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Who all is planning on coming to my house tomorrow?
Count me in, but it will be probably after 10PM...

SO NOBODY FALL ASLEEP ON ME BEFORE I PLAY YOU!!!

Also remember, when Luigi becomes Top Tier in Brawl, remember who was crazy enough to play him when he sucked... ;)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So . .

MEGA SMASHFEST TOMORROW!!!

Andy, Bryan, Chris, Brandon, Brett, Heath, King GT, Yawara will play smash at least.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try my best to b there. I know Wes will be absolutely down but I'm not sure if he will be able to because he just had eye surgery Wednesday and Thursday and so did his brother Tyler. I will try my best so I should be there and if I'm not could you call the cops and let them know I'm dead. Something fishy probably happened.

Ps. I will kill the first Mother****** that tries to steal Wario away from me. I mean, Christ. I'm the ****in OUT LAW.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Err, Andy, do you think you might be able to give me a ride as well? Apparently my parents are planning to be back in the city by around 1:00 after the tour, so I won't be going directly from OU to Brett's house.

Also, what suddenly provoked how badly they ****ed up Mei Ling?

And Out Law, you're the resident Wario as far as I'm concerned.

30 days.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
been on hiatus, but how's everyone doing?

now that the bs is over, i have news.

brawl kicks ***. a friend of mine has a modded wii and a dvd9 copy of the game. i even won the very first match.

here are a few of my observations:
marth's standard b is gimp. he stabs, no slashy. also not as powerful as it was before.
ike's standard b is the ****. it has a massive hit box, and it only gets bigger in the air.
olimar is a strange character to play. i get all his moves and he's really smooth to play, and they make sense, but it feels like they wasted the down b.
link feels a little sluggish, and the character model doesn't quite match up for me yet, but it's still a good job. both tp link and toon link have a weird homing sword plant. be afraid.
sonic is too ****ing fast for his own good. weak too. i killed myself more times than opponents, just because i tried to combo from both sides. >_<
not fond of wario. can't explain why, but i'm just not.
sheik/zelda are pretty much the same, but the color change is ridiculous. black sheik looks like a bamf ninja.
sorry chris, but peach really took a beating. the down b doesn't hit for as much, and the second jump is lacking to say the least.
jigglypuff has the best final smash ever. all he does is grow. gimp kills by being forced off the edge?
luigi's is fun as hell too. he gets a negative zone around him where he just stumbles about. it does damage to anyone within the area of effect.

you can all hate me now. >_<

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Um bryan..you did get the message about showing up at 5 pm correct? I hope everyone did, because I won't be there earlier. :-O

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Meh, if you have my number, you can call me up to see if you can stay with me in my dorm.

I'll need to take a nap though. ****ing tired.

Top Bottom