• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ok....for the hundreds in attendance...and the millions WAITING...and WAITING...and WAI- well you get the idea; there are gonna be most likely 6-8 unlockable characters in brawl...obviously 3 have been possibly mistakinly advertised but who all do u think is going to make the cut? once the asians get it these kinda polls will be useless cuz everything will be out online so tell me who u think

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yes, Marth is confirmed, I am quite pleased :)

And the Subspace Emissary looks epic as hell. I do want to know who all the playable characters are before launch, but I definitely don't want to spoil the SSE, since that looks like it could stand as a game on its own, and looks epic as hell.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Luigi, Ganondorf, ROB, Ness, Lucario, Jiggs, Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon all confirmed off the top of my head.

May be missing some but bottom line is there are exactly 35 characters in the game.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
]Oh yeah, not like I need to say this, but I get red Marth in Brawl, too :p As well as red Meta Knight.

Anyway, I'll list the complete roster here (in spoiler tags, in case someone doesn't want to know yet):
-Mario
-Peach
-Pikachu
-Samus / Zero Suit Samus
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Link
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda / Sheik
-Fox
-Kirby
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Ness
-Captain Falcon
-Falco
-Marth
-Ganondorf
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Meta Knight
-Pit
-Wario
-Olimar & Pikmin
-Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle / Ivysaur / Charizard)
-Ike
-King Dedede
-Diddy Kong
-Lucas
-R.O.B.
-Lucario
-Wolf
-Toon Link
-Snake
-Sonic

All from memory. A lot of people are complaining about the roster, but they're just a bunch of whiny ***** noobs if you ask me.

Gravity

Smash Ace
SNAAAAAAKE MOTHER ****ERS.

srsly i dont give a **** about anyone else, maybe pokemon trainer.

and
ROB. ROB
is my low tier since everyone knows hes going to be low tier.

also, i hope
g&w
is god tier.

lol spoilers.

i so cant wait to use snake,though. who wants to have me over as soon as it comes out? bryan? kevin? anybody? thank god for two player sub space emissary.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay,

1) Roster looks awesome.
2) I just found out the reason why SWF is slowing down . . . is because of the idiots at the brawl boards who are constantly posting about their favorite characters or why some character isn't in the game
3) I want to play soon . . .

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I found a video 3 days ago showing all these characters, but smashboards wouldn't work for me so i couldn't show it. I finally get on here and lo and behold at&t has robbed me of my thunder. I'm not looking back pages to see if you guys knew before i found the video because as i said, **** at&t. So..

Solid snake
Ike, marth is gay and i have no need to play him now that the characters are "even"
meta knight
where is falco?
where is ganondorf?

I'll be back in another 3 days.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
-Mario
OMG, he's in the game!? I'm HYPED!

Okay fellas, this might be a little late, but I'll try to see if I can have like 2-3 people over this weekend for some games. Any more is doable, but we'll have to have it over my friends place.

I'm open to suggestions for specific day/time, let me know!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGK3NTVTj0

^ Why Peach is amazing in brawl. Peach's grab game has gotten a whole lot better.
It's alright. Because while Peach has a killer F-throw, Dedede will rule with his mighty chain grab and dash attack that has him tripping on his face.

Oh, and this is probably the single best roster I've ever seen in any game, fighter, party, rpg, or otherwise. Sure, Wolf and ROB are total WTF-styled characters, but they're the good kind of WTF.

And Toon Link is so full of win, I can't even begin to describe it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
It's alright. Because while Peach has a killer F-throw, Dedede will rule with his mighty chain grab and dash attack that has him tripping on his face.

Oh, and this is probably the single best roster I've ever seen in any game, fighter, party, rpg, or otherwise. Sure, Wolf and ROB are total WTF-styled characters, but they're the good kind of WTF.

And Toon Link is so full of win, I can't even begin to describe it.
solid snake?

yeah, solid snake!

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Hey, sars. I'm gonna be in Edomnd Friday smashing with some friends. If you want to hit that up then give me a call on wes's cell. 684-0945. If I'm not with him at the moment just tell who you are or leave a message. You know, some **** like that.

Same goes for everyone.

Oh, and by Edmond, I really mean across the street from Quail Springs Mall.

Gravity

Smash Ace
im not going. : (

but yawara, i found your controller. or atleast i found an all platinum one, i assume its yours.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well Im pretty much done with smash. I wasnt very good at melee, but I still had fun playing. Now with brawl coming out, while it does look fun, I cant play it. The only person that can cancel her moves is peach, she has only gotten better while it seems like the developers made every one worse.

So what am I gonna do? Nothing.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I'm kinda heading towards Rasta's direction too . . . Brawl just looks so noobish . . .

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah Pablo, I know Peach's d-smash and has been nerfed and it does no damage and has little to no knockback. So its fine with me if CC is gone.

Babac don't be a *****. There will be ways around it. Everyone always finds one.

If anyone wants to play today, give me a call!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It kind of irks me that Peach seems to be better overall, but I'm not concerned because I've still got Marth, mother****ers.

However, what I AM sick of are all the stupid ****tard twelve-year-olds in the Brawl forums who have no common sense.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Im done with smash, I dont even plan on playing Melee anymore. Ive got to get a job, Im almost 18, I need to start my life and I cant do that playing video games all the time.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well if yawara and babac arent playing smash. . .

i dunno, while i think brawl might be fun, its going to be too different. if CC is gone, and wavedashing is gone, what else is there for me? srsly, the main reasons i played were because i loved CC to dsmash, and wavedash to fsmash, and nair comboing. those three things are what made the game fun for me, simply because everyone else hated them.

yeah, theres solid snake, and im gonna play it at other peoples houses a little to see if i like brawl as much as melee, but even if it does grab me, im in babacs boat. im going off to college soon, and to be honest id rather go to parties than smashfests. yeah, final smash 2 was fun, but because of the eating at chilis with everyone, and the kevin being a pimp, and the fact that *****es love smiley faces.

i think ill always be a melee boy at heart, but melees been dying and its gonna just get worse when brawl comes out over here. maybe its time to just move on. the only part holding me back is the people of smash, but i have realized that we can hang out NOT at a smashfest *GASP*.

with all that said, whos down for another road trip?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah dudes, I still love my melee. I love the competition, I love getting off combos, I love beating people, and I love being beaten. I just love the game more than any other video game I've ever played, and Brawl doesn't seem to come close to melee.

If there's no competition, there's no room for me to play the game. After utilizing mindgames, learning all the techskill required to play so many characters, understanding different matchups, counterpicks, etc and then finding out that the next game won't be anything like that . . . No reason at all for me to play Brawl.

Still willing to play melee, just call me and I'll play you. But so far as Brawl goes, don't expect to see me be too competitive. I'll just leave after two months of playing . . . And I"d be more than willing to hang out with you guys again, all of you. Just not now cause I've got no money >_>

Shade_

Smash Ace
I see where you guys are heading. But I actually love the idea of everything being easier, and the fact that how much tech skill you have doesn't matter anymore. It makes it for the average player to compete with the more experienced player, (funner for the general populace) plus you don't have to waste a hours upon hours practicing to be able to wave shine and crap like that.

Things are simple now and more people will want to play over all. Its not so much about competition now, its just simple fun. its not like anyone of us besides chris ever got anywhere from trying to compete anyway. So in reality what difference does it make if its less of a tournament game. Melee was alright, but its just a dying memory now for me, and im eager to test all of the new stuff they got in the game!

Am I the only one really excited about this game?!?! I haven't been excited about playing any game in so long until 3 days ago lol. Oh well, I'll play it a lot when it comes out over here, so if any of you ever want to play online just ask.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, at least Kevin, Chris, Pablo, Brandon, others and I will be Brawlin'. I'm still pretty excited about the game. I mean, I love the Melee game mechanics, but I also think that it'll be fun to learn a whole new game. And I do kind of like that things will be easier so that it will be tactics which will prevail over technics. And I mean, who knows, many of us may end up liking it more than Melee.

And iono, personally I think that you can still play Brawl without it eating up much of your time (as long as you don't let it), but that's me.

The most important thing, though, is that I'm going to beat Chris's Peach's ***** *** with Marth and Meta Knight :p

The old dog barks backwards without getting up.
I can remember when he was a pup.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Either way, we've got months to wait, and I don't think I'm going to stop playing melee immediately. In fact, I kinda want to play next week???

Top Bottom