• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hazy, what are you still doing in this thread? Go spam CT thread! :p

Everyone else should just money match some scrubs to raise money to go to a New England tournament, like VLS/Cataclysm so I could meet the rest of you guys.. ;)
Wow. Emmy posting in Oklahoma's thread... Love your Zelda!

Alex, I'd love to go, if Chris goes, I'll try to go and rep the Luigi skillz(or lack thereof ;) )

Brett, I'm sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to make it. We've lost like a ton of people at work and I've got to fill the void... It sucks, but that's life...

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, sorry babac/paemon/whoever.

change of plans, im not going to dallas tomorrow. not only is it going to be the busiest ****ing weekend of the year on I35 southbound (football game, state fair), but after taking a look at my car theres no way its making a 200 mile drive.

i hate it when my mind is racing and i can find nothing to say. oh well, and sorry again folks.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i dont know what astute means, but i just looked at the website for smash, and i will never use that blond short guy, cus his graphics suck and he looks dorky. Unlike Ike, Snake, Link, Samus, Pit and Zero Samus. There is just something i really despise about gimpy fake dum looking characters. But i cant wait to try Snake and Ike out, Snake looks like hell have more projectiles than link, and Ike is from Fire emblem. Im sad lyn isnt there though, and pit is like marth with wings and a projectile, if its spammable i might main him.
kuni, you can aim the arrows, it's spammable enough.

Snake link and samus seem to look like they play similar projectile-wise. Ike looks pretty cool, i'm trying to stray from the fire emblem characters because of marth though.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS WON MGC!!! HE BEAT WOBBLES IN THE FINALS!!! HE ALSO BEAT TRAIL!!! HE WON THE $3,000!!!

I'm not even joking, Chris won the tournament, it was so awesome... it was the best tournament that I've ever been to, I had a lot of fun, and it was cool to see a lot of old faces as well as some new ones. I could've done better in the tournament, but meh, it wouldn't have really made a different in the end, and I had fun, which is what matters. And I took A LOT of pictures, which I'll post up eventually.

But omg, CHRIS WON!!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Chris will win that tournament too...Unless I come out of retirement and how that ***** how a Irafrican does it!

Im back, still no smashfests at my house, but Im back...for now.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I'm from Oklahoma. I wish I knew about previous threads, even if they were made by Texans so that I could find ways to play against other players BEFORE Brawl comes out (now it's becoming kind of moot).

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
leave it to the black man to win MGC lol j/k congrats man wish i coulda been there...as for everyone else...fallbreak...i got 3 smashers comin up here...who else wants to join?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
omg chris is amazing.
he has money!
please come to VLS!!
you don't have to give into peer pressure, i'm only kidding you.
just letting you know, though, chris, you're welcome here if you do decide to go to Viva la Smashtaclysm.

also, you make Oklahoma proud :D

edit: sideeffect is too good. i'm sad you're the only person from houston i didn't play against that i wanted to. :( someday...come to VLS!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
ZOMGWTFBBQLMAOLQTM
Babacsbac, lol I've wanted to say something like that since I found out his name...
Scud, are you planning on holding a smashfest this friday?
Yup, you can bet your *** that I am back. Ill start playing seriously again as soon as brawl comes out, as for melee...Im still retired.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'll just post what I posted in the MGC Thread:

WAY TO GO KOS-MOS!!

I TOLD you that you were one of the best! Good shiz winning. Even better that you had to beat Wobbles, who beat you a mere two months ago at OHSNAP3... Way to go, son!

It fills my heart with great pride to see you come so far in such a short time... If only Pablo hadn't contracted Johns Disease and dropped out of it, you guys could have really showed them something.

You got big Chris...

MARIO BIG!!

Ahem, as for the rest of you, I expect you guys to start winning big tournaments now, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Except for the OSC Tourney in Norman, I got that in singles and Chris and I have teams all sewn up. So you all better go to Texas or something if you want winnings...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
WELL WELL WELL

Two months ago: Chris loss to Wobbles

In between that time: I came

Now: Chris won.

COINCIDENCE?!?! Looks like I'm the reason why you got better Chris so you share that money over here! J/K

Congrats man, didn't know we had a super pro out here in Oklahoma. Chris for God tier? For serious since he did beat the guy who beat Ken?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
That's so hott Chris, marry me. Um I'll have a smashfest if people come lol. So who would come? I won't say I can yet but I'm pretty sure I could....

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
WELL WELL WELL

Two months ago: Chris loss to Wobbles

In between that time: I came

Now: Chris won.

COINCIDENCE?!?! Looks like I'm the reason why you got better Chris so you share that money over here! J/K

Congrats man, didn't know we had a super pro out here in Oklahoma. Chris for God tier? For serious since he did beat the guy who beat Ken?
Yes, Wobbles did beat Ken. While that is amazing, it doesn't add much to Chris' victory. For instance, I could beat lets say... Chu. And then lose to alot of other pros in the process. Just because someone beats me because I can beat chu doesn't make them unbelievably amazing. Although he is god tier because he beat Wobbles.

A + B doesn't always = C

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
one time i spat on this kid named Joseph.
then like, Joseph spat on this kid named Paul.
must mean i spat on Paul, too.

ummmmmm but chris is amazing, either way.
so am i. not so much as smash...just in...life.

brettski: will you be in town december 20th? if so, reserve you dinner plans :D
we needs to hangz out and catch up and power level your facebook bunny and get slaughtered in CS like the old days.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
holy ****s chris, congrats on the win!!

i really don't pay attention to the pro scene, so who did wobbles main as?

brett1, if i don't work and i don't have something completely random come up, i could probably go for a smashfest this week.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Someone else should respond about friday lol, but that's cool....btw I'm Brett not Brett1 lol. I'm so in english class right now. :-O

Not Enough Minerals.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

I didn't mean that Chris > Ken because Chris > Wobbles. I just said it's pretty amazing that he did beat the guy who was able to win a set against the most dominant smash player ever who's got a history of knowledge about the game and is one of the best in the game at predicting and is a known IC slayer.

And besides, Wobbles didn't just beat Ken, he placed really high in the tournament too and he broke out probably the biggest when he beat Caveman at Evo South. The guy's known to have beaten a lot of pros, and I was just pointing out that Chris did really well to beat somebody that talented as well as surviving in a tournament with guys like FLT, Dope, Trail, Luna, etc.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, and I'll go to the smashfest friday. Everyone else should too >_> It's been like 2 weeks or something? lol

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I'm digging that pose, Bryan. Not really, but really. It didn't really sink in that Chris actually won until I saw that pic of him up on the podium holding a frickin' trophy for smash bros. I can't imagine how that must feel.

Nice pic of the ladies' booties.

How did you place, Bryan?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Meh, I did about as well as I usually do. I beat someone, then lost (to The Saber Guy, played Falcon), then beat someone else, then lost again (iono his Smash name, played Sheik and then Falcon (!!!)). I was making a lot of technical mistakes, but no johns.

It was fun cheering for Chris, though, and he won so it's all good. And really, I'm satisfied with how I did in friendly play, even though it was just friendly play. I managed to beat Watty two-out-of-three times (I even two-stocked him in one of the games), I only got two-stocked by Dope's Falco, I ALMOST beat LuninSpectra's Sheik with my Marth (God, I thought I had that... I would've, too, if I didn't miss that Fsmash D: ), I got FLT's Fox down to two stock and didn't get four-stocked by his Marth (lol), I got Changsta to one stock, high percent each game... and either way, it was all really fun.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Wow, chris....that is just amazing. I'm happy for you!!! wooo! Now you have no excuses not to come to smashfests :p. I love the picture with the girls lol.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well I don't think I'm doing anything this weekend so I'm down..although I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it, most likely though >.>. Anyway, I still can't believe that I beat Wobbles in 2 sets(the last match was like..epic). I had a great time though, did not expect to place 1st but..eh..I'm happy lol.

But yeah, the reason why I haven't posted since I got back is because I'm friggen tired X_x.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
KOS MOS come to Houston one of these days.

....and bring your big check ;)

Seriously though KOSSY it would be amazing if you came. I just realized it. DoH is looking for a team partner.... *wink wink*

Then we wouldn't have to worry about that fed EX bs.. :)

P.S. we got about 32 people last month... and this month will definitely have more people show.

Think about it.

Top Bottom