• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i have marvel vs. capcom 2...i suck hardcore
i have gotten better at tekken 5, though. and smash, naturally.
guilty gear is coming out for the wii.

i hope Po/whoever else will play me in numerous fighting games when i am there this winter :D

also, wobbles just beat ken. wu-tang.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
i hope Po/whoever else will play me in numerous fighting games when i am there this winter :D
Of course I will! I pretty much suck at anything that isn't Street Fighter Alpha 3, and it's been so long since I've had any comp in it, I probably suck at that as well...

So, basically, I will play ANYTHING, I just suck horribly at anything that isn't SF Series/Smash (but I suck at those too, so I guess I suck at everything :( )

Also, sorry I couldn't play anyone this weekend... I just felt so completely drained and lethargic, that I couldn't even motivate myself to get out of bed Fri/Sat.

Sorry, guys...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, I need to buy a PS2 to play Accent core and third strike. Gotta get a shoryuken account too . . .

Edit for new ness?

Gravity

Smash Ace
thats gay. they make lucas a character and not lyn?

screw that. although i suppose it doesnt matter...snake is the best anyways. if snake was the only character in the game it would still be worth it.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Lucas is gonna be tight, Ill play him.

Ill play everybody, Ill be the Pablo of Brawl, Ill switch my mains as often as Kuni changes his color.

Gravity

Smash Ace
just to disagree with that ill say that lucas is cool.

ill play everybody as well, but snake will be who i use the most. although, i wont actually own the game, so this will have to be at other peoples houses.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Ugh, Brawl boards... Are people REALLY that ********? It has to be some kind of joke that there are people on this earth THAT completely and utterly rediculous...

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2978370&postcount=207

You need only to read a few of the posts in that thread to understand where my rage is coming from. I swear, once I get Brawl, I'm putting my Friend Code up just to beat on these idiots because they if they can phail so totally at life, then I know they suck at Smash.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but Lucas looks pretty bomb. I'm not going to say I'm playing any one of the characters until I actually choose one :-O........ but i'm tire so I can say I'm playing pit, lucas, ike, link, kirby, pikach, zelda, donkey kong, peach, or the ice climbers. I know I'm being too specific, but you can go screw Andy.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lucas does look pretty neat. Even though he more or less seems like a replacement for Ness, he seems to have a different style, if that wasn't too Kevinly to be incoherent.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
YOU THIRSTY FOR CHICKEN?!

Um, so yea, I just thought I would let you guys know that I just had PopEYEs. It was pretty much amazing.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
YOU THIRSTY FOR CHICKEN?!
lol Zim...
Man, I should make crazy smash YTMNDs
idk Why, just got the urge.

I see my crewmates fellow edmondies have been keeping up with their english homework...
Ugh.

Scud, are you having another smashfest this friday?
Sid, when are you gonna hold the next Injun House Tourney?
Will Gt ever think of a future career?
Does Po REALLY suck as bad as we're lead on to believe?
Is Chris REALLY "Too Good"?
Are Wut? and Tire EVER going to get a good grade in English?
Find out next week on another episode of OK SMASH

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i think lucas will be a replacement for ness obviously but i bet he'll be a hell of alot better. make his moves alil more in sync instead of randomness

Gravity

Smash Ace
god, mei lings voice actor in brawl pisses me off. she sounds like a 4 year old now or something. but its still good to see something mgs related in the updates.

snake looks powerful though....but man, mei lings voice actor almost ruins it for me. almost.

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
i think lucas will be a replacement for ness obviously but i bet he'll be a hell of alot better. make his moves alil more in sync instead of randomness
Not so much randomNESS.... Because Ness had the Donkey Kick(Butt Cheeks attack) and the Metior Smash... lol....

Umm GT.... Next Injuns torney should be sometime during this month.... but not in the next 2 weeks lol...

Gravity

Smash Ace
wait, apparently, it might be the same voice actor, just without the FoB accent.

imo, it really kills the character of mei ling, but thats why i dont work at nintendo.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, the Old Mei Ling accent > the GC updated one.

It made no sense why someone who grew up in America has an accent, but it doesn't matter! She was much better that way.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Dude, the Old Mei Ling accent > the GC updated one.

It made no sense why someone who grew up in America has an accent, but it doesn't matter! She was much better that way.
i agree 100%. but everyone on the brawl discussion is like she sounds the same to me...

they must all be twin snake ***s. the original is much better if you ask me. in fact, its my favorite game ever. i could go on and on but i wont. i just cant wait to use snake in brawl.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I also liked Mei Ling's original voice, but what are you gonna do? Anyway, Snake looks to be fun as hell to play as. Those codec conversations were hilarious: "Samus took all her clothes off!" "I wonder what it tastes like?" and my personal favorite: "He attacks by farting." "Wait, farting, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?" "No. Sadly, I am not kidding."

Oh yeah, Snake broke Mario's neck! That *******! (I know it was just a sleeper hold, but y'know...)

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't really pumped about Snake until today's updates. Probably for two reasons: I'd never played a Solid Snake game and screenshots were hard to give a complete feel for his moves and such. But seeing him in action (especially the sequence on Battlefield) got me pretty psyched.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't really pumped about Snake until today's updates.
Same here. Not just Snake the character, but the whole universe he brings with him. The stage, the codec transmissions, the spot light and the !, the music. He looks a lot more fun now than when they first brought him on smashbros.com. Kojima's zaniness sure is a great addition to smash bros.

Also, I don't think that's Snake's voice.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it is, i think David (yes, the guy who voices David/Solid Snake is named David...he also, random fact, wrote the screen play for the first x-men movie) just hates the dialogue...since...you know...it's not very metal gear.

also, the ! above people's heads reminds me of Heath.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
he had to tone down his sick/amaZing/manly/spilter cell voice because in the world of super smash, things are less serious. i mean...liquidus vs. mario

one of them laughs when you kill them. little italian *******. still looking forward to him, though. i also don't know what to spend my 2000th post on since it's coming up soon.

edit: also, i just realized my money match record is 3-1. **** you, chris.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, I need to train up for the November tourney. I just realized how excited I was for it. After missing the LA tourney, I've gotta make sure I'm ready for this one.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
They should have just used Andy as Snake's voice actor.

Infact, they should have used Andy as the voice actor for all of the Metal Gear characters.

Top Bottom