• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
chris, did you actually get to keep that gigantic novelty check? if so i'm jealous. my dream is to one day receive a giant novelty check. no joke. those things are hysterical.

anyway, someone give chris and i a team name for VLS.
also chris, sean and i will be picking you up from the airport whenever you come :D
i would suggest, if you come on thursday(Nov 8th), try to make your arrival time in the evening if you can, just because i have class all day and sean has work all day. or if you come on wednesday(7th) we could pick you up whenever. just so you know what tix to look for :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

If anyone's willing to go on a roadtrip, I'd pay for gas. But I hate Houston (the city) though lol. No offense to anyone there cause I'm sure you're all cool, but that city was horrible . . .

TGM

Smash Lord
city is rough. but if you hang with tgm, u will see its not so bad.

yes please bring pals. chubbs was awesome for letting us house with him, so im more than ready to house you guys.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
chris, did you actually get to keep that gigantic novelty check? if so i'm jealous. my dream is to one day receive a giant novelty check. no joke. those things are hysterical.
Lol, you should have seen the looks he was getting in the airport while he was carrying that around :laugh:

Also, Houston kids are awesome :bigthumbu

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Alex, you're not longer top tier in my eyes :(

And New Orleans has Magnolia too. Cept it's the projects in New Orleans East and people get shot there :p

DEFINITELY! not fun getting lost driving there lol

Shade_

Smash Ace
If i manage to get ungrounded for my math grade i might be able to go tgm, but from the looks of it, its probably not going to happen anytime soon. *sniffle.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
city is rough. but if you hang with tgm, u will see its not so bad.

yes please bring pals. chubbs was awesome for letting us house with him, so im more than ready to house you guys.
houston isn't that bad, it's just hot as balls. I swear when we walked out of the airport it was like walking into a sauna.

...I'll come after football's over. Christmas break, maybe summertime.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
When is this Houston Tournament? Po just might go if its not too close. With that, I'll probably be driving, so if anyone wants to go speak up now.

However, Marc/Pablo/Babac/Chris get special priority, so theoretically my car is already full, but, knowing Pablo and Marc quite well, I'm sure one or both of them will probably john out, so we'll see.

Also, nice to see that Houston(like everyone else) totally forgot about Po... :(

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Yay, OK is showing interest! I promise you guys will have fun, and Po Pimpus no one forgot about you, everyone knows about you already, your famous buddy!

I really hope As many people can make it as possible.

Allans house is comfortable, there is just a weird smell coming from a big bag in his garage, don't mind it though. ;)

Oh the Tournament is Oct 20th, and you can stay the night before or the night after if you want. Free of charge, and with the best practice you can get this side of Texas, (me) ;)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!

No pics yet, but I'm sure tonight's Dojo update will be all over this. IGN confirms it in an article, so it's real, *****es. Get ready for the fated duel:

MARIO VS SONIC

It's goin' down! So, will we be getting MARIO BIG, or SONIC FAST?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sars pirate was on that article like a fat kid on cake. goot job, kit.

also, i will make this promise.
I WILL BE THE BEST TAILS PROWER MAIN FROM BRAWL'S RELEASE UNTIL I STOP PLAYING SMASH

wu-tang.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Y'know, guys... scary thought just occurred to me... Sonic is 'The Fastest Thing Alive', right? You know what that means... HE WILL BE THE FASTEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME, no doubt. That means in the hands of someone with insane technical skill, Sonic could potentially be more deadly than Fox in Melee...

Oh, the horror... I can see it now, the entire landscape of Brawl players will be spamming that Blue ******* from now until the end of time... SIGH...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wow does anyone else think that the roll attack seems a bit ridiculous?

WOMFG ROLLOUT @ 100 MPH THAT CAN BE JUMP CANCELLED INTO ATTACKS?!?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is starting to look more awesome to me :-O. Those graphics look great. Again I just hope the gameplay will be equal or better than melee :). I'll throw it out there again.........smashfest friday at my house?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, Brett, I'm planning on coming this time. I just picked up Guilty Gear Accent Core, so I'll be looking for someone to teach me some awesome stuff in that. Oh, and I guess we can play Smash and stuff... Who wants me to bring my N64 again? Because I really wanted to play Andy in some Perfect Dark.

Also, Sonic was a distraction: The release date went from Dec. 3 to TBD... Which means it will probably be delayed like the Japanese release date... **** YOU SAKURAI!! YOU TOO, SONIC!!! *Shakes fist angrily at air*

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Eh, I hated sonic anyway, and the article more or less pointed out the January release date. Also bring the 64 and other peeps should bring controllers.

And I CAN NOT bring my TV so if someone else besides bryan or Craig brings a TV that'd be awesome. And bringing a VCR + tapes = smashfest vids just to remind people >_>

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hey Brett, I'll be there if I can hitch a ride. It's pretty cool that you're hosting nearly weekly smashfests, I've been meaning to improve (I gotta redeem my pride after I lost to your CF in dittos)! I'm looking forward to playing Moore and Craig's crew again.

Brandon, we'll have to get Thanh (chibit89) and Plasman in on this AC action. I know a few tricks myself from the #reload days, but not enough to stand a chance in it at OSC. I'll spam tatami mats with Baiken like ol' times :chuckle:

**** Sonic update, I don't think I can sleep now :( Hmm, perhaps Fox can be side-kick material in Adventure Mode. Of course, he'd have to sport the "Tails" name tag.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, guys... scary thought just occurred to me... Sonic is 'The Fastest Thing Alive', right? You know what that means... HE WILL BE THE FASTEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME, no doubt. That means in the hands of someone with insane technical skill, Sonic could potentially be more deadly than Fox in Melee...

Oh, the horror... I can see it now, the entire landscape of Brawl players will be spamming that Blue ******* from now until the end of time... SIGH...
I called this a LOOOOOONG *** time ago...
I think I have dibs, no I DESERVE to be blue sonic in our state,
AND I think I won the interwebs today. :chuckle::laugh::):chuckle::psycho::laugh:
Talk about an EPIC 900th POST!!!!

TGM

Smash Lord
yep, so back to me tourney!!!!!!!

go to me TGM thread and read 1st page. OOS has housing for 3 days if yall need it. not to metion you get the legendary tgm combo all night long. whats not to like? please go.

and Po, i have seen you at WtYM2 sex2(i think) and i saw u at OHSNAPY(recent one) ill never forget you.

Shade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HOW THE F are you grounded? stupid math? easiest way to do better in math.........cough up the cash. money takes care of everything(no matter what ANYBODY thinks).

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
so...i was having mixed reactions about the ol' blue blur, thinking it'd be a travesty for him to make it into the game. sorry gt, that's just how it goes. HOWEVER, after seeing the vid and the combos....holy ****. imagine how badass he'll be once broken....

i've heard kid link might not make it back in, so i'm hoping for either another projectile ***** (pit) or a good ground to air without spamming. who knows.

gt, i hate you for winning teh internetz.

and did i mention exactly how much i love sonic's music?! effin ridiculous

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Bah, I still don't like Sonic being in the game . . . Something about the old Sega vs Nintendo rivalry, just seems like Nintendo is selling out.

I'd still rather hear some news on some actual Nintendo characters that have so far been unconfirmed like say lil' Mac? Hell, even if Geno is square, it'd make more sense for them to announce him before all else. In fact, where the hell is Captain Falcon?

[edit] Who wants to do Crew Battles at Brett's on Friday?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ok.....even though the ICS made the cut...Sonic just gave me a new interest in brawl...i was just thinkin...im sure po was goin at this in one of his posts but...jump canceling that rollout attack... = deadly. u all know i wasnt that big on fox or falco. shiek was the only fast character i was good at but im diggin sonic all the way. plus i mean cmon...sweet music and he goes gold?? how can you beat that?!?!? o yea...by changing the release date and pissin everyone in the ****in world off...lol

edit: btw, thats really me ini the avatar not link.... :) will there be a tourny in late oct. early nov.? ill have my truck by then and im sure id be able to make to some.... heck yes! the IRISH IG IS BACK!!! i still need to meet sars and a couple other dudes who dont come to mind at this moment...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Can I join a random crew here? I don't care which one, just really wanting to go for a good crew battle.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really seem like there are actual crews anymore...especially since alex and coty left....or maybe that's just how I see it. Btw I'm just letting everyone know that the smashfest at my house on friday is official (even though people thought it already was LAWLZ). Just like always message me if you need info. I'm definitely up for some GUILTY GEAR ACCENT CORE....even though it will be my second time playing a guilty gear game...and my first time playing accent core. If anyone wants to play starcraft with me bring a laptop or something :). I have wireless so yea.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
we are Mega Man X and Zero away from the perfect game.

True, sonic will probably be the fastest character, but do you know how hard it was to maneuver opposite directions in the old sonic games? This could make for an interesting addition.

Top Bottom