• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that last post, I meant for that to be heavily sarcastic. I was kinda trying to lighten the mood but failed epicly. Sorry about that everybody, I'll just crawl back into my hole.

I wish I could apologize a thousand times, I hope that my recent behavior hasn't lessened the viewpoint on Wichita any, the rest of the people here aren't as stupid as I am.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
lol it's alright nopants, I assumed you were joking or something...well hoping too lol.

Um wait, chris....you are saying you can beat me and alex at once? lol...lol.................... . . lol

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Yo, Yo, Yo! I asked the rest of the the PV kids and we might be going to OHSNAP 3. Ricky said yes he would go, Dylan said he will see if he can, and Roddy will find out if he can after the 4th, and then we will see if we can get a ride up there. So yeah, that's the update.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol it's alright nopants, I assumed you were joking or something...well hoping too lol.

Um wait, chris....you are saying you can beat me and alex at once? lol...lol.................... . . lol
Never said that, Alex said Chris+not Coty we can beat. So technically he was saying if I don't team with Coty then my team will lose. I just wanted to see if he wanted to bet on that is all.:)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i said chris+not coty but it was in the topic of oklahoma players. meaning chris+any oklahoman we can handle. chris+isai or something...of course not.

also, good ****, auddy, i hope the PV kids can make it to OHSNAP3 :D

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
lol, i 4 stocked kevin

and i 2 stocked him with kirby.
Lol, silly Kuni >_<
Yo, Yo, Yo! I asked the rest of the the PV kids and we might be going to OHSNAP 3. Ricky said yes he would go, Dylan said he will see if he can, and Roddy will find out if he can after the 4th, and then we will see if we can get a ride up there. So yeah, that's the update.
I'm really glad to hear that man, hope things work out and all of you make it. If only we could do those crew battles........ (though, I'm no good anymore :()

GG to Babac (always in trouble, lol), Jeff (too funny), Chris (hope you don't still hate me, LAWLZ! :chuckle:), and Brandon....... Brandon's pro now, I sense change at this OHSNAP...

BG (bad games) to paymahnz, he sucks.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Brandon's pro now, I sense change at this OHSNAP...
Po the Pro...

****, I cannot wait until next saturday, I need to practice MORE
I don't think there's a weekly at sid's this weekend is there?
Either way I think we need a smashfest to Upgrade ourselves...
Most of us Edmondites have gotten a lil' rough around the edges.
Except for andy, congrats on destroying Kuni's hopes and dreams.

Gravity

Smash Ace
oklahoma spam posts must live again.

so i was like, full, right? but then chris was all "Too good!" which means "lets go to braums" in english.

so we get there and chris makes me get ice cream and now my stomach hurts.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
ha ha ha! that was cool. On a serious note, Things are lookin' up for me. There's a good chance now that I can make OHSNAP3 I think. My dad said he doesn't know If I can make it, but My sister were wanting to go to Norman anyway. My cousin and his friends want to go to the tournament as well, so I've got a fightin' chance. I'll let you know when I can or can't for sure.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Oh man, best update on Brawl yet! Adventure Mode is back, with a vengeance! Looks to be awesome.

Also, Chris, rejoice, for the ***** is back! That's right, Peach has been confirmed! Looks like we'll be seeing some downsmashy goodness in Brawl...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hope you can make it keroku. your y. link surprised me last december. can't wait to see how you've improved again!

and...single player looks bomb-***. 4 player co-op!?!?! that's what it looks like, which would be *****in'. also, it confirmed peach!

the only bad thing is it said it was an adventure game more than anything. if that means multiplayer is lacking, i'mma choke a *****.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
the only bad thing is it said it was an adventure game more than anything. if that means multiplayer is lacking, i'mma choke a *****.
"More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game. People have been kind enough to praise its multiplayer, but we’ve never been able to create a fully fleshed out single-player game."

I think multi-player is going to be safe, it looks like all he's saying is this time he wants to include a better single-player mode also. Which looks like it could be a pretty sweet one too.

Edit:
Did anyone get Mario Strikers Charged? We should play online! :D
I'm down for some crazy futbol action.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I agree I think he meant that they were just trying to make the singleplayer cool. I have to think that because I will kill myself and the world if the mutliplayer sucks. :p I love you too pickles.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
oklahoma spam posts must live again.

so i was like, full, right? but then chris was all "Too good!" which means "lets go to braums" in english.

so we get there and chris makes me get ice cream and now my stomach hurts.
no johnzzzzzzzzz

Gravity

Smash Ace
Speaking of crews when are we going have crew battles again?
NEVER.
maybe at ohsnap if we have time, but i tihnk interstate crew battles will outrank intercounty ones.

other then ohsnap3, besides minor get togethers of 5 people or less, there probably wont be anything until brawl comes out.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
NEVER.
maybe at ohsnap if we have time, but i tihnk interstate crew battles will outrank intercounty ones.

other then ohsnap3, besides minor get togethers of 5 people or less, there probably wont be anything until brawl comes out.
Well, that sucks.

Gravity

Smash Ace
that kind of came off in a matter of fact tone...i am by no means an authority on ok smash, and this is all just my opinion.

-edit- anyone want to get in some practice on the days i have off next week? i dont know what they are yet, but time is short before ohsnap

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
anyone want to get in some practice on the days i have off next week? i dont know what they are yet, but time is short before ohsnap
Me and wut? are up for some practice...
I think we should have some sort of "Smash get-together" COUGHCOUGHCRAIG/BABAC/BRYANCOUGHCOUGH
!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
No, none at my house, as always I can have like 4 people over exluding billy and jeff. However, I dont want to hold any, thats why the venue fee is there so we can actually RENT out the sooner room so we wont have arguments like this anymore.

Gravity

Smash Ace
perhaps we should have some sort of aim conversation to deal with who we are choosing for crew battles, what order we send them out in, etc...

also, we NEED more setups. even if it severely inconveniences you to do so, bring a setup anyway.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I can bring a TV, but my Cube has met with a premature demise, and I have not had access to Smash in well over a month at my house, so someone else needs to provide a Gamecube with which to play Smash on.

Also, I have a pretty good idea of who should form Voltro--er, the Oklahoma Crew... at least "Three" of them, anyway... the rest is probably the greatest toss-up I could imagine. I believe that the "Three" would be the best deciders on whom they should crew with.

As for who the "Three" are: Well, the first is REALLY gay, the second is almost as gay, and the last is probably sandbagging as we speak... Yeah you know...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
We'll, we're back from KC, though as we speak Alex is heading for the airport and Brett will be heading home after that, some I'm the only one who's been able to stop.

I think I did pretty God-awful. Pool play wasn't as bad, as I only lost to Zig-Zig in my pool and I still got him down to one stock and high percent both games. The tournament itself though is a different story. I lost to Alex 1-2 in the first round and then I went all emo, then I beat someone insignificant (skill-wise) in the loser's bracket, and then I lost to Echo (his Sheik probably would have four-stocked me if he didn't SD... I ****ING HATE SHEIK), who seemed to think that I wasn't playing as well after the first two stock vs his Peach (in which I had the lead), though Echo went on to beat Z, DYC, and Phatgamer to take second place to Darkrain. Anyway, I fell asleep after I lost from the tournament and didn't wake up until the loser's semi-finals. I never did play Darkrain, DYC, Phatgamer, Dmac, or Z at all... there really weren't much friendlies, as the tournament was more "down to business" than ours were.

Thus, I have decided that I suck and do not understand this game well enough, because whatever I'm doing to try to get better obviously isn't working. I still make tons of mistakes in tournament matches, and I don't think my non-speed factors have been improving much. It seems I will have to go on a mystical bull**** journey to reach Smash enlightenment (cause, you know, I don't really have anything better to do). Though Echo just seemed to think that the fact that I hadn't been able to play in as many tournaments was the main problem, which does make sense (even though I don't understand how exactly tournaments are supposed to help), but it doesn't explain how Alex (who I have been playing longer than) was able to surpass me, so I'm still as confused as ever. I'm pretty much out of the brief emo state I was in though, so that's good.

Anyway, Andy, we'll have to Smash this week. I'm not up for hosting a Smashfest though. Maybe we'll go Smash with Chris too if he isn't still making johns, LOL. Jk, <3 Chris.

Lawl.

Oh yeah, and I did get vids, but I'll have to free up some hard drive space before I can import them into my computer.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
:(
i get no munies???

also, i lost to darkrain and dmac at le tourny. darkrain owned me. hard.

chris said he can beat darkrain. what a noob. the next time you 4-stock me in a minute and a half, chris, i'll tell you how good you are.

lastly, i am le tired. vacation time, i'll see you all at OHSNAP3. until then ciao for now.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
are ya'll meeting up today? i know this is last minute but j/w if i could join in. located s.okc

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
:(
i get no munies???

also, i lost to darkrain and dmac at le tourny. darkrain owned me. hard.

chris said he can beat darkrain. what a noob. the next time you 4-stock me in a minute and a half, chris, i'll tell you how good you are.

lastly, i am le tired. vacation time, i'll see you all at OHSNAP3. until then ciao for now.
Okay Alex, are we putting money on that? lolol:chuckle:. Also, Darkrain is only human unlike Mew2King who is a robot >____>. Anyway, what character should I use? Sheik, or Fox maybe? ;)

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
We'll, we're back from KC, though as we speak Alex is heading for the airport and Brett will be heading home after that, some I'm the only one who's been able to stop.

I think I did pretty God-awful. Pool play wasn't as bad, as I only lost to Zig-Zig in my pool and I still got him down to one stock and high percent both games. The tournament itself though is a different story. I lost to Alex 1-2 in the first round and then I went all emo, then I beat someone insignificant (skill-wise) in the loser's bracket, and then I lost to Echo (his Sheik probably would have four-stocked me if he didn't SD... I ****ING HATE SHEIK), who seemed to think that I wasn't playing as well after the first two stock vs his Peach (in which I had the lead), though Echo went on to beat Z, DYC, and Phatgamer to take second place to Darkrain. Anyway, I fell asleep after I lost from the tournament and didn't wake up until the loser's semi-finals. I never did play Darkrain, DYC, Phatgamer, Dmac, or Z at all... there really weren't much friendlies, as the tournament was more "down to business" than ours were.

Thus, I have decided that I suck and do not understand this game well enough, because whatever I'm doing to try to get better obviously isn't working. I still make tons of mistakes in tournament matches, and I don't think my non-speed factors have been improving much. It seems I will have to go on a mystical bull**** journey to reach Smash enlightenment (cause, you know, I don't really have anything better to do). Though Echo just seemed to think that the fact that I hadn't been able to play in as many tournaments was the main problem, which does make sense (even though I don't understand how exactly tournaments are supposed to help), but it doesn't explain how Alex (who I have been playing longer than) was able to surpass me, so I'm still as confused as ever. I'm pretty much out of the brief emo state I was in though, so that's good.

Anyway, Andy, we'll have to Smash this week. I'm not up for hosting a Smashfest though. Maybe we'll go Smash with Chris too if he isn't still making johns, LOL. Jk, <3 Chris.

Lawl.

Oh yeah, and I did get vids, but I'll have to free up some hard drive space before I can import them into my computer.
dude, brawl comes out in 4 months, just train for ohsnap and then wait for the next one.

M

Mr_Magnet_Hands

Don't I only have to pay like three bucks for a low teir character at OHSNAP?

Top Bottom