• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Fox Ah TAA

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. A friend and I started playing around a month ago and were hoping to get in tourney ready status. ( ofcourse we are NO WHERE near it) Just wondering if anybody could help us Learn and just come play and have fun? We live in the Tulsa area. ( around 25 minutes north of Tulsa)

Also, we play Melee not brawl. we also play Project M.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Where at more specifically? I live in Grove, and seeing how I'm already making the drive to Springfield just to play smash, that might not be too far away for me to get to.

Fox Ah TAA

Smash Rookie
Your about an hour away from me. Claremore. Anyone near here such as yourself should know My friend and I are always up to play after 5 pm on weekdays and any time on weekends. (bare in mind though, we SUCK. we just started like a month ago)

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Your about an hour away from me. Claremore. Anyone near here such as yourself should know My friend and I are always up to play after 5 pm on weekdays and any time on weekends. (bare in mind though, we SUCK. we just started like a month ago)
Hey I live in Bixby and I'm always looking for some new people to play with. My friends and I play PM mostly but I definitely still love melee.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Hey I live in Bixby and I'm always looking for some new people to play with. My friends and I play PM mostly but I definitely still love melee.
Well cool, looks like it's actually closer for you guys to smash together. Well, if you guys have a smashfest or something soon, let me know. Like I said, I've mostly been smashing it up with some guys in Springfield. They're pretty cool guys, but I think around this season most of them are taking a break, so I wouldn't mind going out towards you guys to hit you up for smash.

Fox Ah TAA

Smash Rookie
Hell yea guys, We'd love to join both of you to play. My friend wants to know how long you guys have been playing, mains and such. Just to know how much of a beatdown we should expect LOL. cuz again, we are noobs.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
in 24 hours my semester is over. who wants to celebrate with a crack party?

actually, i wish it wasn't too cold during the winter to do another cookout, that was baller. perhaps in the spring. potluck tho maybe? :3

edit: fox ah taa, et al: go here on fb https://www.facebook.com/groups/164421443614647/
i am assuming one of you already has since i added someone to the group at like 3 in the morning. 2 people in that group are tulsa melee players that started perusing the boards this summer, so it'll be worth it to try and contact them on there. i haven't seen them post here on smashboards in months so as far as i know that group would be the best way to contact them. tulsa has literally NEVER had a melee scene before so i would be pumped if all of a sudden 5 people started playing competitively regularly. :) i might even organize another tournament if melee revitalizes here (what happened to all the new blood that came around EVO/to OU this fall? haven't heard much since :( ).

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I only managed to find one video online of my Falco play on melee, and it's not the best I've performed XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-5qU009_eM

Though to be fair, I've only been to about 4 melee tournaments, and only got into them about a year ago. I think most of the people from those tournaments aren't so used to P:M, so I actually manage to perform a bit better there. Still losing matches, none of our winning matches got recorded unfortunately, but once again I play as Falco in that since Samus wasn't released at that time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhN-G9XxKk

I enjoy the game, and I don't mind grinding out tech skill, but obviously I'm very inexperienced when it comes to playing against other people, and I have a very awkward style with my approaches.

Fox Ah TAA

Smash Rookie
well, Id be down to play this weekend if anyone wants to. Also, Your skill level might aswell be god like lol. Ill get my ass kicked but I will play for sure. hopefully learn alot.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if the tulsa area got like 4 or 5 people together this winter and has someone that can host i would love to get a car or two to make the trip from the metro for a half day. i promise we don't bite :)

our scene has a louisiana player, an arizona player, a new england player, a national championship winner, a video game designer, and the dinosaur who created the earth. we have old crew rivalries but are tight knit. so we've been around the block quite a few times at this point despite being a humble little state that's hardly a blip on the national attention radar for smash, but we've got more than enough game knowledge and experience on how to improve to get all you new bloods where you want to go, regardless of your playstyle, character, or experience.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
if the tulsa area got like 4 or 5 people together this winter and has someone that can host i would love to get a car or two to make the trip from the metro for a half day. i promise we don't bite :)

our scene has a louisiana player, an arizona player, a new england player, a national championship winner, a video game designer, and the dinosaur who created the earth. we have old crew rivalries but are tight knit. so we've been around the block quite a few times at this point despite being a humble little state that's hardly a blip on the national attention radar for smash, but we've got more than enough game knowledge and experience on how to improve to get all you new bloods where you want to go, regardless of your playstyle, character, or experience.
I don't know about hosting over here, I live in a mobile home and we moved in recently and still have a lot of stuff to sort out, i.e. open boxes all over the place, and general junk that just needs a place or to be thrown out. Also I'd have to check with my 3 roommates before I planned anything, and then probably the biggest concern would be that we only have hd tvs anymore and I'd really prefer to play on a crt if possible.

But if there is someone who doesn't mind hosting, I'm for driving out this or some other weekend for some games. I'm self-employed, so I can kind of free up my schedule if there is another day that works better for everyone.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well okc/norman is always hosting stuff, but i know asking people to travel rarely yields anything. seriously like 1 person in edmond, 1 in okc, and 1 in norman have all regularly held smashfests/game days so if you tulsa area peeps start playing together and want to car pool or something that would work too. i am just ecstatic that there is the possibility of a real non-metro okc scene (i'm sure daviddwalker is too cause i've seen him come here and post hoping there are other tulsa players multiple times). also i'm only in oklahoma for 3 weeks this winter before flying back to CT and i'd love to play new people, hence the already trying to plan stuff XD

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Hell yea guys, We'd love to join both of you to play. My friend wants to know how long you guys have been playing, mains and such. Just to know how much of a beatdown we should expect LOL. cuz again, we are noobs.
Well I basically picked up smash in January and have been playing with my friends ever since. I havent really played Melee in a while so my Falco is rusty as all hell, but I play a ton of Squirtle in PM and now I'm picking up Roy. My friend Jake, who I usually play with, plays Peach. We just went to our first tourney a week or two ago. (Super Bit Wars 2) He placed seventh in PM and I placed third, so I guess we're alright at the game. I pretty much got dead last in Melee though lol.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
well okc/norman is always hosting stuff, but i know asking people to travel rarely yields anything. seriously like 1 person in edmond, 1 in okc, and 1 in norman have all regularly held smashfests/game days so if you tulsa area peeps start playing together and want to car pool or something that would work too. i am just ecstatic that there is the possibility of a real non-metro okc scene (i'm sure daviddwalker is too cause i've seen him come here and post hoping there are other tulsa players multiple times). also i'm only in oklahoma for 3 weeks this winter before flying back to CT and i'd love to play new people, hence the already trying to plan stuff XD

I know a couple of people at TU that play pretty competitively, one of them I actually met on this board. Every now and then TU hosts a lan party thing and we get together there and play Melee and PM, next time one is coming up I'll make sure to post about it on this board. It's usually on a Friday night from 5pm to 5am and its pretty rad. Some of the guys I met in Norman at SBW2 said they would be up to driving here for the next one. Could be a pretty decent turnout!
(There aren't anymore this semester, though, so it'll probably be late January)

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I know a couple of people at TU that play pretty competitively, one of them I actually met on this board. Every now and then TU hosts a lan party thing and we get together there and play Melee and PM, next time one is coming up I'll make sure to post about it on this board. It's usually on a Friday night from 5pm to 5am and its pretty rad. Some of the guys I met in Norman at SBW2 said they would be up to driving here for the next one. Could be a pretty decent turnout!
(There aren't anymore this semester, though, so it'll probably be late January)
Well cool, I guess I'll look forward to January then. Assuming we find a different host before then, I'll gladly join up with you guys for some smashing.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo if you want we can have a sukiyaki party. That **** is so tasty and takes like 2 seconds to do.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I can always host. ****in' always. And I often have beer. If you cats don't mind driving to Norman, hit me up for my dox. I'm probably going to have a lot of free time this month.

I'm also cool with driving if dudes can get something together in okc/tulsa.

Top Bottom