• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
Branden, Mark, Karl, Peezy, pablo, I just realized I don't have any of your names on facebook. Mine is Kevin Kunihiko, add me when you get the chance-

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so archie comics has always put out the sonic comics, for whoever has actually read them or the chaotix series, etc.
archie comics started a megaman series a while ago and right now there's a crossover event with sonic+megaman vs drs light and robotnik
megaman in smash = sonic is probable since mascot fighters are used to promote other series (and in turn vice versa...see - umvc3/avengers and why is hawkeye suddenly here)????

thoughts on my crewmate's speculation?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Sonic's going to be in, it would be due to the buddy-buddy relationship SEGA has with Nintendo right now, with their 3 Nintendo-exclusive games partnership.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
For some reason I don't think Sakurai is looking at Smash 4 as a good opportunity to plug Archie Comics.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
sakurai is not the lone mighty overseer, as well as that's not entirely how mascot plugs work even in smash. one brawl third party character is in the game because someone approached nintendo, another because nintendo approached someone else.
capcom and sega are invested in their comics; if you're dismissive of it, it shouldn't be because you don't think archie comics is a big enough company for nintendo to care. you know an archie comics character has been in a sonic game, right? these companies actually care about their intellectual property, so the idea includes pressure/interest from those developers too anyhow. i would say most importantly, but won't since there's no reason to believe it's actually been moved forward: archie has been interested and pursuing nintendo IPs for a couple years.

obviously it's all speculation i just want to argue for it because i'm bored

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey guys, we finally have a trailer for the video game my bros and I are working on. It's a small game with simple graphics, but it's the first full game we are near finishing. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWA920LNmdY

If you know anyone that would like to donate or support then you can go here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/spheroid

But the best way you can support is by looking forward to the game and playing it when it comes out! Tell anyone you think would be interested! Thanks!

MT_

Smash Ace
Hello Oklahoma! Long time no see. Austin is planning a huge Melee tournament on December 21-22 and I wanted to personally invite you guys to come! DualCats, Gravity, Zinth, Sars_Pirate, HazyGoose, irish_dude and whoever else... we'd love to have you here! And of course, housing can be arranged. It's near Christmas but it's not so close that you can't come to the tournament, have a day to drive back and recover, and then be right there with family to celebrate Christmas eve. Please consider! The thread is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/340552/

Thanks =)

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hello Oklahoma! Long time no see. Austin is planning a huge Melee tournament on December 21-22 and I wanted to personally invite you guys to come! DualCats, Gravity, Zinth, Sars_Pirate, HazyGoose, irish_dude and whoever else... we'd love to have you here! And of course, housing can be arranged. It's near Christmas but it's not so close that you can't come to the tournament, have a day to drive back and recover, and then be right there with family to celebrate Christmas eve. Please consider! The thread is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/340552/

Thanks =)

consider me 'interested.' it's too far in the future for me to actually commit to anything at this point but I'll try my ass off to get down there and take some of these lazy ********s with me.

MT_

Smash Ace
consider me 'interested.' it's too far in the future for me to actually commit to anything at this point but I'll try my *** off to get down there and take some of these lazy ********s with me.
Awesome!! I'll try to remember to remind you again closer to the date. =)

Shade_

Smash Ace
It sounds like fun, if anyone goes to Austin, I just might join you. Not that I'm still any good at the game, but it sounds like fun-

By the way, this week and next I've got midterms, but after that would anyone like to play some melee?

Oh yeah, and if I go to the tourney, Brandan and Kosmos have no excuse to not go either- lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ran into Hailey and Babac today at the Apple store, and they both wanna chill with people if you guys are interested in returning their advances HOLLAAAA

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I think after the LSAT I'm gonna go to New Orleans for a week or so but after that, who wants to do things?

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
I know we've got Brawl people going to Denton this weekend, so there's that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
archie comics started a megaman series a while ago and right now there's a crossover event with sonic+megaman vs drs light and robotnik
megaman in smash = sonic is probable since mascot fighters are used to promote other series (and in turn vice versa...see - umvc3/avengers and why is hawkeye suddenly here)????

Well, I sure am eating crow.

DualCats

Smash Ace
it's been months since I played melee. I kinda want to get back into it. Anyone wanna come kick my ass?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Curtis, I sent you a facebook with some details on who to contact. Venue seems booked, date's also set. Networking and stuff is up to you baby.

MT_

Smash Ace
Hey friends, just wanted to let you know that Forte (the Austin, TX tourney) just got accepted as an Apex 2014 Qualifier! More incentive to come =)

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Wow, look at all the new young bloods.

Kuni, your game reminds me of Virtual On.

I really wanna smash but I am car-less so could some of you guys make it to smash this weekend? That would be so sweet.

Please.

Oh, 912-816-8408 in case you need to reach me.

Top Bottom