• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
What up guys, I just moved to Okc and I'm trying to find a smash community. I was jw if the Okc area has a facebook page for smash. But if there's any tourneys or get togethers let me kno ...I play melee and project m. Hit me up
Just incase your still lurking around I live on the northside of OKC (405)-406-0392 hmu for some games.

DualCats

Smash Ace
It's too bad Armada had to die to save his country. His sacrifice was not in vain and he will be sorely missed. RIP ARMADA

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Bryan, in all seriousness, you should play Hakan dude.

He's red, he's an oil scientist, and he gonna get ******** buffed.

TxZero

Smash Cadet

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Whens the next time people will be available to hang out and smoke some dank play smash or whatever games before evo?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Today.

Also what Tanner said, but Ken's metagame has been stagnant since Super since his frame traps and mixups are basically all figured out, and his style demands you to go in even though he lacks a lot of tools to do so. Ryu on the other hand is theoretically perfect and conceptually simple which means that your opponent knows exactly what he'll do and the demand for you to play as such is high. That's why Ryu players tend to plateau despite there being tons of them.

Honestly dude, if I were you, don't focus on the main characters you recognize and really try to figure out what your strengths are in a fighting game or what attracts you to characters. \

Do you want to win with effort, fight with an inherent advantage, prefer speed/space/damage, prefer tech chases to actual combos, etc.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Why not just play melee cause it is way better? Or king of fighters?

Street fighter is lame.

In other news, I wanna smash soon. This weekend would be nice.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I would just play Melee but we don't really have enough competition for me to do that and not get bored (but you can bet I'll just be playing Melee when I visit Edmond). I think SF is interesting, especially as a contrast to Melee. And I figure that if I learn another fighting game, it might as well be the classic fighter.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
And KoF is way too hard for me lol
No it is not:

1. Pick fifteen or so characters and form 20 teams going from weakest to strongest. If someone manages to beat your weaker team, move up to a more stronger team.

2. Doing the complete jump motion will kill you! Most characters will have strong anti-air combinations that will punish a airborne opponent in a flash. Main tip is to hit back back or forward forward in quick succession. Doing this will allow, depending on the game, the character you are playing to hop, or take a jump at a lower and faster trajectory, covering more ground, or to run, that is to run along the ground at the same speed as a hop, and cover the same distance as long as you hold the button down. In KOF XIII is the roll. You roll along the ground, and you can dodge projectiles in this manner as well, for a few frames of invincibility and a quick way to get out of the corner.

3. Don't follow one tier list. KOF is played globally, unlike Street Fighter where it is played in US and Japan. Kim, in KOF XIII may be top tier in the US, but mid tier in Mexico, or even worse, low tier in Korea, where they are very strong in KOF. A lot of the confusion is due in part that the US relies on Online mode to gain practice, where Kim is very stong there, despite the lag.

Get those three lessons down, and you will do better than all of the scrubs in KOF.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Forum-searching KoF?

I'm thinking about maining Seth in SFIV.

I'm also thinking about getting a cherry shrimp aquarium and an ant farm.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I got an acquarium if you wanna get it from me HOLLLA

And KoF is just too hard cause people in OK are too good at that game for reals lol

Seth is baller. Just YOLO all day Bryan

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I would definitely take you up on that aquarium, that would be pretty tight. What makes it even better is that I have a professor who offered to give me a couple dozen cherry shrimp lol.

Are there any particular matches featuring Seth that you'd recommend I watch?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Poongko, dasio, onlinetony with some problemx.
But idk if seth is your character but whatevs he is fun lol

DualCats

Smash Ace
This Goya© Coconut Soda™ from Homeland™ tastes like Semen™

Bryan, we better have ****ing eggs. I just went shopping and didn't buy any eggs and I'm freaking out.

edit: sweet, we have eggs. I'll buy some next time.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man what happened to smash in Oklahoma? I mean no one cares anymore, example where in the hell is po?
Oklahoma happened to Smash in Oklahoma :( Seriously this place sucks (as a state in the Union). Even though we have the coolest Smash scene.

Goya is awful.
Yo karl lets listen to bands outside saturday.
Then go to KP's.
Yo but you all have to stick around at least long enough to play me in Street Fighter. I need to play more Street Fighter. I would have bought it for Kristin's Xbox today if Wal-mart didn't suck **** and had it. Even though I think Xbox is a money scamming piece of **** that is a disgrace to the gaming industry. Seriously **** Xbox. You can't even watch Netflix on it without getting a gold account, but you can watch Netflix on ****ing EVERYTHING else for free as long as you have an account. Like is Microsoft serious? **** Microsoft, man.

This Goya© Coconut Soda™ from Homeland™ tastes like Semen™

Bryan, we better have ****ing eggs. I just went shopping and didn't buy any eggs and I'm freaking out.

edit: sweet, we have eggs. I'll buy some next time.
***** you best be buying some ****ing eggs next time.

paymoneymoney

Smash Rookie
I would love to but my car is all f***** up , I've got to move soon, and I work like 15 hour shifts at my job, so don't really have time now a days but maybe in the future

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i know i'm hella late on this but i want to get into p4a. i liked what i played but just didn't have time. this summer seems like a good opportunity though. brandon/chris/pablo please stomp me in 3rd strike and p4a this summer, i want to improve.
also i am down to stomp any and all at melee when i get back, just let me know. yawara if you still want to learn tf2 it'll be a good time. i get home the 18th and i'm moving to norman june 1. prepare your buttholes.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'll be in need of a stomping in Melee. There's also a good chance I'll have work in Norman this summer and I'll be around if so.

Top Bottom