• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ARG!!!!! lol ****IN ANSWER ME! when is everyone leaving on friday? saturday? i cant go if you guys leave on saturday. and if u guys leave before 530-6 on friday i cant hitch a ride either.... just trying to get things figured out so i can plan accordingly.... help would be much appreciated.....

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Probably at 5-6 on Friday, we have to wait for the Wichita Falls guys

[edit]

Also the guys at MIST say that they can house people at a church where they'll also be having an all day smashfest. Thing I'm worried about at this church is that anytime we're housed with like 20+ people, no one sleeps cause there's always people playing through the night and etc.

So if we go, the church is free, but we probably won't sleep. If we get a hotel though, they've got hotels in the $60 range. What I want to do is just go to the church for the smashfest, but leave our heavy stuff at the hotel so we can get some real sleep that night. Anyone down for that suggestion?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Brother finished MGS4 again today. Something about the end of a saga pulls at my heart; around half way in the final scene with Big Boss the waterworks started going.

Also, I'm looking to go up to Norman for Friday/the weekend, just to get out of the house. Is anyone willing to house me for a night? I live an hour away, so I can easily make it back home if there's any issue.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I wish we had more people playing brawl in OK :(

Its hard for us to improve when theres only like 4 of us playing. I feel 2x better than before after my training in canada!
psh you never even come out to the fests anyway. so its really me and curtis, or me chuck and alex.

also i won't be home this weekend, but i will next weekend but will be getting ready to move again.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You should also come to our melee fests.

In fact, the melee and brawl fests as well as mvc3 fests should be rolled into one. Someone needs to make a club at OU for fighting games.

bassem6

Smash Lord
psh you never even come out to the fests anyway. so its really me and curtis, or me chuck and alex.

also i won't be home this weekend, but i will next weekend but will be getting ready to move again.
Its hard to attend a fest when Im in a different country or state. I will definitely be able to attend fests once Im actually situated in norman.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I probably wont be attending MIST.

Also, sucks that MvC3 will be on 360. I don't own a 360 stick and I refuse to play MvC3 on pad.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lame. i get off work at 5. if theres room can you wait for me to show up in norman? id get there around 630. if not its cool. i just wont be able to go.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
They have converters cause Ricky understands that like 100% of the world plays on the PS3 <_<

I'm trying to talk him into allowing 2 PS3s as setups.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
What do you mean?

Also from everything I've heard like every year TnT sucks, should expect to be screwed.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
What do you mean?

Also from everything I've heard like every year TnT sucks, should expect to be screwed.
Ricky plays mvc3 on 360 and there were no converters. I didn't like tnt this year cause of bassem in gfs.

I thought the one bryan went to was good? Just bad communication on his end

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well either way I hope he learned that EVO standards ask players to play on PS3 so most players do. :/ Though most players also have a 360 cause the online's better.

Rich ****ers.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I thought I typed this out earlier but Josh, yeah we can leave later. 6:30 doesn't sound bad.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
All right, no worries about the weekend then. I'm still going to come up tomorrow though to talk with my boss at the malt shop, and to see if I can check out my room at UG so I can get a scope of the place and figure what I need to bring. Maybe we can Smash while I'm there.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Also the guys at MIST say that they can house people at a church where they'll also be having an all day smashfest. Thing I'm worried about at this church is that anytime we're housed with like 20+ people, no one sleeps cause there's always people playing through the night and etc.

So if we go, the church is free, but we probably won't sleep. If we get a hotel though, they've got hotels in the $60 range. What I want to do is just go to the church for the smashfest, but leave our heavy stuff at the hotel so we can get some real sleep that night. Anyone down for that suggestion?
That sounds like a reasonable option. :o I was planning on having to stay in a hotel anyway. If there were to be a way to assess how realistic it is to sleep in the church before we pay for a hotel, that'd be nice but I'm not sure how practical that is.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
alright cool. did u guys wanna meet me at myplace or me drive to norman wherever you are? traffic causes me to get to my place around 6ish

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just to spite you, I'll drive up to the outskirts of Norman 30 minutes early, park at the side of the road, and cross city lines once the clock strikes 2.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Zinth was told he is a good Marth by mr. Ganon himself. props! lol. MIST was awesome. the trip to MIST was boring as hell lol

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I love you guys.

Also Bryan don't forget to send Josh his moneys.

As for everyone else, i'm gonna need help for SBW soon--particularly with shuttling to and from parking lots and taking the moneys from people entering the venue.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
good stuff at the tourney guys. Zinth/Sars had fun playing you guys. Zinth, I wish we had gotten more time to play actual serious friendlies, instead of pretty much resorting to having to goof for 2 matches and be cut off due to pools starting.

Sars, good combos vs me the first night we played, you caught me off guard the first 2 stocks. Overall, good stuff from OK, let's get together more often!

bassem6

Smash Lord
I love you guys.

Also Bryan don't forget to send Josh his moneys.

As for everyone else, i'm gonna need help for SBW soon--particularly with shuttling to and from parking lots and taking the moneys from people entering the venue.
ooo taking money? I could do that :awesome:

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yo Bassem, let's play melee some time.
Dude lets do it. Melee is way more fun than brawl. Im just too lazy to practice again and be good at it lol.

Im gonna be in norman this wednesday probably. Anybody want to hang? (Im spending some time with my gf at 7 but I will be free before and after then)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think you think your Falco needs to be more techy than it has to be. It helps, but it's not the end all ya know?

Also Karl and Andy have an apartment at Bishop's Landing, hopefully they can house for more smashfests since they'll have a good number of TVs there </inviting ourselves over>

bassem6

Smash Lord
I think you think your Falco needs to be more techy than it has to be. It helps, but it's not the end all ya know?

Also Karl and Andy have an apartment at Bishop's Landing, hopefully they can house for more smashfests since they'll have a good number of TVs there </inviting ourselves over>
Yeah...I just dont feel like Im playing him optimally unless I can SHFFL bairs, nairs, dairs and then pillar consistently.

DualCats

Smash Ace
This.

Yeah...I just dont feel like Im playing him optimally unless I can SHFFL bairs, nairs, dairs and then pillar consistently.
I was scared of playing Falco for a while because I had no tech skill. As it turns out, Falco's most fundamental techfulness is outrageously easy to learn.

Top Bottom