• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
you just opened a can of worms

prepare for walls of texts and heightened tempers.

maybe some name calling this time around

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
My internet is dumb so yeah, thats part of the reason why no one is typing

And brawl strats also revolve around custom settings. Yeah, the game is that dumb that replacing c-stick with b moves is a strategy . . .

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about the whole can of worms thing, I'm pretty sure we all are at an understanding on both.
Personally I like both, for their own reasons, Brawl for Sonic, and Melee for tech skill.
Of course I hate them for their own reasons too,brawl for tripping and diddy's nanners, and Melee for the broken **** that is Fox/Peach.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
After reading up on "b-sticking", I have concluded that it cannot produce anything that is worthy of banning custom settings. Sure, there are some tricks with it that a normal setting cannot perform, but there are nothing game-breaking and by changing your setting you will lose the advantages of c-stick smashing. The most significant findings seem to be http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152409 and http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170329 .

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
the only people i use the b stick for is ike (which is rare) and d3
i use the "t stick" which is tilt stick with snake for obvious reasons
i have gotten down a 0- 90% grab combo with the IC and its a reaper combo on some like squirtle and jiggs.......... BANNANAS ARE ILLEAGAL
and no matter how hard i try i cant ever seem to ledge tech on melee >___> im hitting sheild before i get hit and away from the wall after the b up on dreamland
isnt that how it is supposed to be done?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Woah, i didnt even see the brawl vs melee thing >=>

God i hate japanese keyboards . . .

wtf is ;あおしえg;あsぃえhg;あlしえhgl;あいせhg;ぁいしぇ mean?!?

And yeah, just go back 20 pages and read >=>

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So yea, I started my job today. Now I'm working like 8 hours a day. At least I'm getting $10/hour :-O. Internship. I think I'll have a smashfest not this friday, but the next one.

Dillon, yea just read back for the arguments about brawl vs melee lol. As far as ledge teching...or teching in general. You should hit L or R right after the hit. I always hit it right as I think I am going to be hit...seeming is that there isn't much time inbetween lol. Also I always hold toward the stage. I think it is smash DI towards the stage which moves you a tiny bit towards the stage, hopefully making it possible to tech. Someone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

It was pretty sweet while i was fighting alex one time I hit the cstick towards the stage for smash DI purposes....he was fox and I was falco. He shined me or hit me with something...I teched it and instantly back aired him. Too bad I was too stupid to react after that with the right timing and couldn't up b back lolz. It looked sweet because he was at really high percent and almost died...but instead I did. Alex, let's play again soon. :)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So yea, I started my job today. Now I'm working like 8 hours a day. At least I'm getting $10/hour :-O. Internship. I think I'll have a smashfest not this friday, but the next one.

Dillon, yea just read back for the arguments about brawl vs melee lol. As far as ledge teching...or teching in general. You should hit L or R right after the hit. I always hit it right as I think I am going to be hit...seeming is that there isn't much time inbetween lol. Also I always hold toward the stage. I think it is smash DI towards the stage which moves you a tiny bit towards the stage, hopefully making it possible to tech. Someone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

It was pretty sweet while i was fighting alex one time I hit the cstick towards the stage for smash DI purposes....he was fox and I was falco. He shined me or hit me with something...I teched it and instantly back aired him. Too bad I was too stupid to react after that with the right timing and couldn't up b back lolz. It looked sweet because he was at really high percent and almost died...but instead I did. Alex, let's play again soon. :)
yar!
also...melee/brawl tourny at brett's if over 10 people show up. no cash prices, but the host (me) will buy you any item of your choice off the dollar menu at mcdonald's.
plus, PR? yaaaaaaa. that means pablo must show up and release his ganon this time.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If Craig is an example of anything, its that Bowser players are the coolest players in the world >.>

And everyone, the hot and spicy off the McDonalds dollar menu is beast. I just spent 13 dollars there getting 11 of them and sweetened Ice Tea. Its beast.

DO IT

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I was kind of disappointed when I saw that didn't have anything to do with Smash, but the guy's voice/laugh in that video cracked me up, so you are forgiven.

I went to Santiago's McDonald's during IB testing.

Also, Final Fantasy Tactics is crack on ice. It's had me staying up to ungodly hours of the night playing it.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
the chiken sandwiches are superior, BOW BEFORE THEM

the chicken biscuit fails... big epic fail >: (

i officially declare next friday NATIONAL MCDONALDS DAY!!!

off topic ftw!! >___>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

More people need to posts their pics up. You guys can see me right?

[edit]

Saw Bryan's post, and I want to point out that Japanese people love their watermelon and any juice substitutes in any form. I also want to say that Japanese people are also capable of eating a lot. Like 20 hotdogs in 10 seconds a lot which also applies to me.

Dang I'm hungry. Smash buffet fest when I get back? The group of us ought to party it up when I make my glorious return, and WaveShineSpike (who I'm going to call WSP not wss or your real name when I meat you . . .) you better still be playing when I get back and get a four stock off of me.

Number of people in OK who four stocked me is pretty large I must say. I think it's everyone except for Alex cause, well, he's a scrub. (lol @ him being on PR. If babac was around, we'd have things going right ;) )

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
will be very awkward >___> you always calling me WSP

and if there is somebody that i can 4 stock that is actually on the competitive scene....YAY!

and yesterday i was on youtube and i seen somebody post in a comment of a vid that had 200 views named SarsPirate
was it you?
i think it was like captain falcon auto sweetspot... i just found it funny

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I'm digging this off-topic... ness
McDonald's has only one true food item of destiny, the OREO McFLURRY!

And now for something
TOTALLY UNRELATED the good 9 10ths of Sonic Unleashed :p

EDIT: I'm gonna agree with brett, wtf is that?
Is it a Grunty from the dot Hack series holding what seems to be a giant bottle opener?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Saw Bryan's post, and I want to point out that Japanese people love their watermelon and any juice substitutes in any form. I also want to say that Japanese people are also capable of eating a lot. Like 20 hotdogs in 10 seconds a lot which also applies to me.
That still does not explain the chicken. It does, however, explain Kevin's tendency to eat everyone's Pop-Tarts.

I cannot determine what is in Alex's new avatar. Probably some kind of lolcat or something.

And isn't Sonic Unleashed the one where Robotnik destroys the world and Sonic turns into a werewolf?

And wtf @ this new god**** ad that ****ing drops stuff down into the rest of the window and obstructs my view. Imagine the impossibilities? More like imagine the get the **** out of my way.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
i dont have that

i hate those though

anyways at the upcoming smashfest i plan on sucking with greater awesomeness that it will cause you to go blind then i will unplug your controller and hit you off the stage >: D

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
it's someone's hand holding a top hat, and a rabbit is inside...
dunno, thought it was easy to see it. alright well...assuming you can see hat it is now, gimme some feedback.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah, now it makes sense.

I thought the rabbit was seductively pawing a ps2, but it's trying to escape the hat.

And Byran, who doesn't like chicken? How did black people become synonymous with it? I love popeyes, I love the chicken with yellow sauce, I love Terikyaki and yet no one points that out. Hell, I had chicken last night for dinner and popeyes a few days ago. Chicken is just universally loved. It really is a dumb stereotype, not because it's overtly racist but because it's overtly applicable to anyone with a mouth.

[edit]

What the hell Bryan, you cut off the most important part of what I said, and I mean it.

SMASH BUFFET WHEN I GET BACK! I don't know what's good in OK so you guys gotta hit me up with it. Let's eat some time again. Popeyes was boss. Ihop was fun as hell. How about a CiCi's pizza or some really lame Chinese place to eat? We can get Chris to pay for it too with his tournament winnings.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wanna know something cooler?

I got vids up, and y'all should watch and comment and stuff like that >_>

So in one year's time in Oklahoma, I've begged to record, and we did it once. Just once. In a month here I've got like 8 hours worth of videos, 6 of which I had to scrap for harddrive space or because I uploaded the bits already. The hell Oklahoma.

Gravity

Smash Ace
not for lack of trying on my part. we spent hours getting tapes. noone will ever record though.

anyway, if we are in okc, i say hunan. its good. . .i dont know many places in norman, but try and come up here some time when you get back. you can get kevin to go too, he loves that place.

Top Bottom