• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OkeBrawl V - Warwick, Rhode Island

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I've been out for a while, and busy with life that doesn't involve Smash, but life has tossed me a break from all other things, so it's TOURNEY time!

...courtesy of your local friendly Spidermen, Xfrosion and Okesoke, a tournament will be held this Saturday down in Warwick, RI. As per usual, Okesoke has requested I not publicly post his address, so all interested should send me a PM and I will send you the address back,

Events :

Random Doubles : 0-2 dollar entry

We toss the names in a hat, and whoever is chosen with you, is your partner for the tournament. Winner takes all.

Singles : 3-5 dollar entry fee

Tournament run on the most up to date standards of tournament, rules to be posted shortly. You can expect the approved Smashboards Neutral and Counter pick stages as well as the banned list, and i will make calls on the border lines. Reverse slob picks and Stage striking will also be available. Prize pool : 60/30/10

A melee set up may be present, if people bring one and people want to play it...I'm lookin at Kevin M....

Tournament Schedule :

1:00 - Warmups

1:30ish - Draw for Random Doubles Teams

2:00 - Random Doubles tourny.

4:00ish - Singles tournament Sign Up

7:00 or so should be about when we finish, leaving time for friendlies, Happy birthday Matches, Games of Deathbox and all sorts of craziness.

BRING TVs and SETUPS PLEASE!!!

Hope lots of people I haven't seen in a while can Come!

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe you're even considering it.

...I mean I know I'm awesome, and that Captain Falcon Happy Birthday Matches are the ****, but don't you crazy kids live in Maine or whatever?

(There's nothing to do up there is there?)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Where is Kevin M.

...we need someone to tier-***** and tell us we are playing the wrong game.
I might be coming this Saturday. I'll let Kevin know if he hasn't already found out about this. Need some Melee practice for Sunday.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
This Saturday? I should be there, but I have to show up a bit late, and leave a bit early. :p

But don't fret, since 2 weeks from now I'll have Saturdays off again. :)

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Bump?

...I'll have to ask Mr.Moderator KevinM if this is allowed later.

But ****it people! Everyone who can come, should come! And bring setups!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
So wait... Is this taking place THIS Saturday?! Crud... I really want to see everybody, but my brother and I are going snowboarding the same day. It seems nobody was free until the weekend for the week I've been here, so I'm trying to fit in a ridiculous amount of activities.

Cobra, could you PM me the address on the off chance that snowboarding falls through?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Someone near lawrence should go to this. and pick me up along the way. Emmy has not been to a tournament since the great meta debate of 1942...

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
we are letting people in at 1pm. please bring setups and tvs since we dont really have that many.

Jarrod159

Smash Cadet
just keeping the post up so people can see it on first page. i strongly recommend that the uri players come down and play. it usually is a lot of fun.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
...just wait till you all experience your first Captain Falcon Happy Birthday Match.

Then you'll all be begging for the NEXT OkeBrawl.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
KevinM, you have Mod powers now right?

...make my name Blue! I've totally hosted tournaments before. I deserve to be a different color then the rest of these shmoes. (Note to the shmoes : I still <3 you, I just want my color)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I was gunna say can you rush singles to before Doubles... I may have to leave at 4:30/5... :'(

Either way, can someone text me the address, incase I lost it. I'll see you crazy kids tommorow.

Top Bottom