• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, this **** is annoying.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
Yeah but apples are tasty... I'd rather just eat my apple and put something else in his mouth to keep him quiet... :cool:

Edit: Did not mean for that to have horrible sexual undertones... my bad... f^_^;;;
xDD Hm...maybe your socks or maybe socks?
Yeah I like fruits too :3 watermelon :laugh:

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
wobble the **** out of him. i know EXACTLY what your talking about i have 2 friends that complain about everything. one says fox is so cheap anyone can use him hes so easy you suck bull****. and the other one blames EVERYTHING on the controller. you just have to **** them and deal with it even though it pisses me off to no end when somebody says it takes no skill to do what i do. just wobble for 4 stocks straight and make him so pissed.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
Tundravalco, For your first friend you should swap parts like for example since you used fox, let him be fox and you be his character.
For your second friend, let him borrow your controller and you take his and own them
Just prove to them that they stink.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Chaingrabs aren't escapable. They're called chaingrabs for a good reason.

Just tell your friend to shut up and deal with it.
Err, Chaingrabs are most definitely escapable.. i mean if you didn't DI or mix up your techs yea, but if you mix the up you can get out..

Trust me i do, and i play bowser..

Unless your Sheik or Falcon.. then you run faster then my Tech :chuckle:

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Err, Chaingrabs are most definitely escapable.. i mean if you didn't DI or mix up your techs yea, but if you mix the up you can get out..

Trust me i do, and i play bowser..

Unless your Sheik or Falcon.. then you run faster then my Tech :chuckle:
I'm pretty sure that tech chasing isn't counted as a chaingrab. And I'm also pretty sure that the definition of a chaingrab is that it is unescapable, so long as the chaingrabber doesn't mess up (even if it requires AR-like reaction).

If a person reacts to your DI, he will be able to continue a chaingrab, regardless of how you DI. Of course, there are some ways you can DI to make it trickier for him, but if he is perfect at chaingrabbing, it would be impossible for you to DI out of a chaingrab.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Just a little reminder, grabs (ALL grabs. Not just Marth's) have the highest priority in the game. Higher then that of a shield, and higher then that of any non-grab attack any character has. The game was made that way. All characters could grab foes out of their smash attacks, not just Marth. His grab has exactly the same priority as anyone else's

Second, please don't play Marth at all if you're just going to play half-*****. You'll spawn a whole new group of "Roy is better then Marth"ers.

Sorry for the snappy post, but I don't like ignorance.

EDIT: And you play Falco too. Make Marth come to you with your laser. Only very good Marth's can properly handle Falco's laser camping. For ever 10 grabs Marth got on you when you were approaching him, you'll probably take 1 if he's approaching you.
I dont play marth seriosuly at all. For some reason i noticed marth's grabs alot more because a computer marth tends to grab a lot more than any character that i've played against on comp.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I've had similar problems with younger cousins, who, when I try to go easy on them, make terrible fun of me when I loose. Finally I just sucked it up and began to **** them over and over. Don't take crap from anyone when you're honestly good and they're not. Cruelty is a defense mechanism for the weak who don't want to admit they're weak.

LKR000

Smash Cadet
NNID
LKR000
u see wot he is doing to u he is trying to make u use different tactics which could end up makeing u lose he may be ur friend but still use whatevertactics u think of if he doesen't like it thats his problem chaingrabbing i a really useful thing to use to link up comboes

Giggidax

Smash Ace
chaingrabs can get annoying as F*** but u know wat? getting combod by falco is just as annoying. i have nothing against chaingrabs, i actually promote it. because if ur someone who easily gets grabbed then thats ur problem.

the IC's are a very crazy matchup but its quite ez to keep the 2 seperated. and taking out nana shouldnt be TOO much of a challenge. but i will say this, Popo can be a ***** to fight! even if he is just one measly Ice Climber

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Whatever, I think I've relatively got CGing down anyways. I'm working on using desynched combos like seen in the Infinite Possibilities video. Sure, DI wasn't taken into account but those are still pretty flashy combos.

He also hates it when I DJC UAir juggle his CF with my Ness.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Find new people to play with, I have had a similar experience with someone that just curses me out the whole battle. I don't play with him anymore.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
lol jus keep owning him, i can do some simple grab>smash desync combos.

one ez one is to dthrow and right before ur opponent hits the ground, tap down on the cstick and then nana will dsmash him/her to their doom. ya... in case u didnt know lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i think your friend is saying that to put you off your game. if he says something then just say something like 'this wouldnt be happening to you if you weren so rubbish' while you keep on chaingrabbing him or doing whatever gets on his nerves and kills him in the match lol

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
i think your friend is saying that to put you off your game. if he says something then just say something like 'this wouldnt be happening to you if you weren so rubbish' while you keep on chaingrabbing him or doing whatever gets on his nerves and kills him in the match lol

The word is garbage mister. "if you weren so garbage"
:laugh:

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
I have a few friends that are too proud to admit defeat as well. They usually say something like "you got lucky when [input event]," or "you cheated, you can't do that." I'm not good at using "cheats" like that (chaingrabbing and whatnot), but they still say I can't do what I do.
To give you an idea of what I do (and you'll all probably consider me n00b for it), I get the 'Item Hog' bonus all the time, and I tend to hang around outside of the struggle (when there are more than two competitors), so I get 'Opportunist' a lot as well.

Usless note: For some reason, I always have to attack Chansey, Cindaquil, and the Party Ball... :laugh: ...and Tinkle.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I know someone like this, too. Spams Link's Up+B near edges, but calls ME cheap when I ledge poke with Marth. Spams Peach's turnips and down smash, but calls me cheap when I swallow him with Kirby, spit him out over the edge, and spike him.

Likewise, the ones that irritate me are not the ones that think I'm cheap. There's a whole crew here, "The Geek Squad" (which named themselves as such because they stole t-shirts from a Geek Squad employee, so they could wear "their crew shirts" to lame tiny local tournies), that's cheap. A Zelda that only uses forward air. A chaingrabbing and shinespiking Fox (which isn't bad... but they're the only two moves he uses, and GOD FORBID you chaingrab him). A Mario that runs to the ledge, throws fireballs, and runs to the other ledge to repeat if you get near. And they ALL play a Sheik that uses the same three moves - chaingrab, forward aerial, needle your recovery.

That's fine. You're "The Cheap Squad," we get it. But THEN THEY BRAG AT HOW GOOD THEY ARE! "Yeah, I beat you, yeah! You suck!" That, and they talk about how our crew sucks, but not a single one of them has beaten RTF, our female leader. They talk about how they can beat all of us, but when she steps up to challenge, they come up with "Man, you ain't ready for this!" and try to drop the challenge immediately. THAT is frustrating.

Top Bottom