• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, time for something... new!!! I guess

NNID
MasterHavik
Ok, I was thinking about making this thread, and I said"no", but the way the Sonic section is .... It's time to save it from the same fate as the Ike section. So, today I have a problem with this Sonic vs. Zelda match up. People say Sonic get his butt own by Zelda, and if you ask me it look good on page, but in a match it doesn't make no sense at all. You see when I fight a Zelda player I play it safe, then go in fro some Sonic pwning. My question is this....

Everytime I fight Zelda it sooo freaking easy too beat her ***!!! Can anyone give me a better expalin of this match up, plz?

On a side note here some of my favortire songs to bring back the the ol' Sonic section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyTNA2xm0T4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmE72HnH8Zc

First song is by the All americans rejects. It's title Move Along.

The other song is by the killers. And it's titls is When you were young.

ENJOY XD!!!

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
i think is bc zeldas spam dins fire wich is one of her best tactics is just too slow for Sonic...
but thats just my opinion...

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This should develop into a "help me I suck at a certain matchup" thread
How do you deal with a Snake that repeatedly Snakedashes all match? ;_;

NNID
MasterHavik
The Sonic section is coming back, but slowly. Well, I would shield the the first hit and grab. That or I jsut might do a spindash into it. Also, the only things I'm scare of from Zelda is her smashs and grabs :(

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Just Repeatedly Fair into them.....
......... and use tilts ........

About Zelda, Spotdodge or powershield that din fires. She will try to stop your adrenaline ALWAYS with that fire and your approaches (ASC, Running, etc) with FSmash so keep your shield up and when you can get near her wait for an opening (after that long-frame attacks) and punish... Not too hard IMO

EDIT: Near her NEVER Spotdodge, you'll get hit by the long-frame attacks after it... Roll is LESS dangerous

NNID
MasterHavik
......... and use tilts ........

About Zelda, Spotdodge or powershield that din fires. She will try to stop your adrenaline ALWAYS with that fire and your approaches (ASC, Running, etc) with FSmash so keep your shield up and when you can get near her wait for an opening (after that long-frame attacks) and punish... Not too hard IMO

EDIT: Near her NEVER Spotdodge, you'll get hit by the long-frame attacks after it... Roll is LESS dangerous
Zelda is a great character, but she does give Sonic a ru nhis money. But that match up is such a total pushover for me anyway.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is a great character, but she does give Sonic a ru nhis money. But that match up is such a total pushover for me anyway.
I win more matches than lost against her... The first times (a lot) I got *****, but time passed on... and now happens the opposite... Failure is the process to success my friend. Keep fighting and you'll see she will become easier to fight...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ok, I was thinking about making this thread, and I said"no", but the way the Sonic section is .... It's time to save it from the same fate as the Ike section. So, today I have a problem with this Sonic vs. Zelda match up. People say Sonic get his butt own by Zelda, and if you ask me it look good on page, but in a match it doesn't make no sense at all. You see when I fight a Zelda player I play it safe, then go in fro some Sonic pwning. My question is this....

Everytime I fight Zelda it sooo freaking easy too beat her ***!!! Can anyone give me a better expalin of this match up, plz?
Why Sonic gets owned by Zelda?
oh the usual... lolrangelolprioritylolweight

but really, she has long-hitbox disjointed attacks, meaning you generally can't throw your attacks against her and win.

Buuut... you can punish her lag, predictability in recovery, and outmanuever her sweetspot attacks and attack her in places that she can't cover well.

Honestly though, the metagame for Zelda has changed. More and more, I see Zelda players do the majority of the fight as Sheik, then switch to Zelda for KO moves. Her U-tilt is (when it connects) just as dangerous as Snake's to Sonic, so watch out for tilts, as well as smashes.

i think is bc zeldas spam dins fire wich is one of her best tactics is just too slow for Sonic...
but thats just my opinion...
no. If the Zelda is spamming Din's fire against Sonic, then whoever is playing her is being stupid and has no idea how to adapt.

It's been mentioned across the boards by many players:
"When I have to fight Sonic I have to change my style"

and if they don't?

fail.

Learn the range that he can cover with the first hit (when he slams the mortar into the ground). What I've seen some people do is face away from Snake, shield the first hit and grab him when he goes behind them.

After the initial hit, he has no attack box in front of him, and the only thing you have to watch out for is the mortar.

That said, if you stand outside his first hit's range, you can actually stop it with a jab. lol.

Well now. I haven't figured out one thing yet.

Whats an ASC? :D
:D If you haven't been lurking lately, ASC is probably... Sonic's best move? lol

Aerial Spin Charge (Aerial Down-B).

Check out the sticky here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170851

and click the one on Side-B and Down-B mechanics. It's a long read, but you'll understand Sonic's moves better if you can manage to push through it XD

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
ASC stands for Aerial Lavigne...

:O

No I'm just kiddin, it doesn't matter what it stands for, you need to do it. And win.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
most of the time when i ASC, i shield cancel it for a grab, but i played a lucario that dabbles in sonic, and he shield grabbed me 3 times in a row out of it

is it possible not to get shield grabbed out of the ASC?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and KASR i really hope i get to play you one of these days, hopefully youll get em started on a winning steak of mine own

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
most of the time when i ASC, i shield cancel it for a grab, but i played a lucario that dabbles in sonic, and he shield grabbed me 3 times in a row out of it

is it possible not to get shield grabbed out of the ASC?
I hadthe same prob with KITO's lucario and ROB... This is my solution: ASC, hit his shield, jump cancel (he tries to grab), Up B (and the spring hits his face LOL), then Dair and grab... :chuckle:

FrostByte

Smash Lord
IMO, you should never ASC with the intention of grabbing unless you do it once or twice a match. You should usually aim for the head so that if it hits their shield, you can just jump outl or land in your shield behind them. I use the latter just out of preference, I like having my second jump.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
IMO, you should never ASC with the intention of grabbing unless you do it once or twice a match. You should usually aim for the head so that if it hits their shield, you can just jump outl or land in your shield behind them. I use the latter just out of preference, I like having my second jump.
I agree. Thats the way I use it, but adding the spring on face and Dair sometimes.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
This should develop into a "help me I suck at a certain matchup" thread
I DESTROOOOOOOOOOOY HIM!
try going all offence...and don't let up! just try it! dont let im touch the ground!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hah, Berserk Sonic does work on Snake actually.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
any snake can just hold the A button down and effectively cut down our options to two....

use the high priority on the side B

perfectly spaced back air.

everything else gets completely shut down by him doing nothing but holding the A button
its really gay

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
any snake can just hold the A button down and effectively cut down our options to two....

use the high priority on the side B

perfectly spaced back air.

everything else gets completely shut down by him doing nothing but holding the A button
its really gay
I LOL'd so hard when I saw that.XD

What about dair,homing attack or spring?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
zelda's attacks don't defend well vs. an attack coming down @ an angle to her....
try spin charge>zoom>smack>B-homin-atta!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I LOL'd so hard when I saw that.XD

What about dair,homing attack or spring?
Bair = good
Just after initial hop of Side B ***** priority-wise.
HA sucks, you don't use it to approach.
Dairs just too predictable, if you're going into the air it's obvious to a Snake what you're gonna do, so he's gonna shield and punish.
I'm not crazy about the spring idea either, you can't really do much from it, it's not an approach, it's just another 4% or whatever it is damage.

Top Bottom