• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, samus' what's your guys' least favorite matchup?

Hive

Smash Lord
yup, that's it ^^ kwl, glad i could help :D

edit: zss is too kwl ^^ i suck at transforming though lol. (and suck at playing her T.T). dryn you'll have to give me tips kk? ^^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Then your participation would be appreciated here.

If, by avoiding DDD's chaingrab you mean transforming into ZSS, well then that's not Samus, is it?
Technically, Samus and Zero Suit Samus are one and the same person. I wasn't going to debate in the Sonic board about why Sonic should be above Samus in the tier list. I was joking around by saying that Samus can switch from a low-tier to a high-tier(?), that's all.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Technically, Samus and Zero Suit Samus are one and the same person. I wasn't going to debate in the Sonic board about why Sonic should be above Samus in the tier list. I was joking around by saying that Samus can switch from a low-tier to a high-tier(?), that's all.
How viable is that in the DDD matchup?

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
I have trouble against Olimar no matter who I use... -_- Naturally, since he's also Samus' worst match-up... Yeah, that doesn't exactly help. Oh, and I also don't like playing Sonics and MK.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I have trouble against Olimar no matter who I use... -_- Naturally, since he's also Samus' worst match-up... Yeah, that doesn't exactly help. Oh, and I also don't like playing Sonics and MK.
Press up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down on the d-pad, and your problems are solved. My brother was going to attempt using Olimar on me earlier today, and after I lost my first stock, I switched to Zero Suit Samus and won the match.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Press up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down on the d-pad, and your problems are solved. My brother was going to attempt using Olimar on me earlier today, and after I lost my first stock, I switched to Zero Suit Samus and won the match.
Dryn made a funny! Hope this dryn stays yo, You a cool guy.

Secondly taht's a good idea for people that don't blow as ZSS.
Is it possible to link up these char discussion sub-forums? or put up a starters guide to ZSS or something?
it is relative to us as Samus mains

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn made a funny! Hope this dryn stays yo, You a cool guy.

Secondly taht's a good idea for people that don't blow as ZSS.
Is it possible to link up these char discussion sub-forums? or put up a starters guide to ZSS or something?
it is relative to us as Samus mains
RK Joker made a thread in the Brawl Tactical Discussion about having two character discussion boards joining together as one to discuss a doubles meta-game. I was thinking about having the Samus and Zero Suit Samus one linked together. The Chozo Warriors, ladies and gentlemen! So far, nothing else has been said. It's just been a suggestion by RK Joker. I think it may also involve a xatchat, but we don't have that anymore.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
RK Joker made a thread in the Brawl Tactical Discussion about having two character discussion boards joining together as one to discuss a doubles meta-game. I was thinking about having the Samus and Zero Suit Samus one linked together. The Chozo Warriors, ladies and gentlemen! So far, nothing else has been said. It's just been a suggestion by RK Joker. I think it may also involve a xatchat, but we don't have that anymore.
haha i saw that thread. That's for tourniment doubles purposes. I was talking about a guide type thing for ZSS here on the Samus boards. like not a full extensive guide but a beginners so we're not all totally effed it we had to switch

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
ZSS boards say otherwise; if you want your point to be heard to any success, there is a thread I started in the ZSS boards addressing this issue, linked here.

They don't seem to think that, what you are saying about transforming mid-match, is viable.
Transforming is almost never a viable option in any matchup.
I'll concede to you pending the conclusion that thread comes to; I don't want to derail this thread any further, although I guess it can be justified in determining exactly how bad the matchup with DDD is.

Of course it's not viable. Getting it right before he starts his chaining would be impossible.
See, we're on the same page here; that is my view as well. Dryn does not believe that.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
ZSS boards say otherwise; if you want your point to be heard to any success, there is a thread I started in the ZSS boards addressing this issue, linked here.

They don't seem to think that, what you are saying about transforming mid-match, is viable.
DeliciousCake says "almost never," as opposed to, "never." Besides, you'd be surprised how fast I can transform into Zero Suit Samus. It's not difficult.

Orange_Soda_Man said:
See, we're on the same page here; that is my view as well. Dyrn does not believe that.
Why does almost everyone misspell my name? :ohwell:

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
DeliciousCake says "almost never," as opposed to, "never." Besides, you'd be surprised how fast I can transform into Zero Suit Samus. It's not difficult.
You're 'prolly right, and if it works for you in the DDD matchup, great. Post edited to fix name.

So the original point that Sonic can't be infinited while Samus can, which I assume you were trying to debunk, doesn't hold as much weight because Samus can change to ZSS. I can see the logic behind that argument. I checked out your transformation vid [and a few others], and yeah it does seem like if you do it while you're still invincible during the first stock loss then I can see it being done in real time gameplay.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You're 'prolly right, and if it works for you in the DDD matchup, great. Post edited to fix name.

So the original point that Sonic can't be infinited while Samus can, which I assume you were trying to debunk, doesn't hold as much weight because Samus can change to ZSS. I can see the logic behind that argument. I checked out your transformation vid [and a few others], and yeah it does seem like if you do it while you're still invincible during the first stock loss then I can see it being done in real time gameplay.
I wasn't trying to debunk anything. I was just joking around. :ohwell:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Dryn (spelled correctly As per usual) wins another arguement, PS I LOVE that your joking again :D
That lulz thread actually helped us out :p

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of this. o_o

You're right... ZSS would be a great alternative to use against Olimar... I never use her though... Time to get practicing with ZSS. @_@

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
I just recently mained samus, but so far my nightmare matchup is diddy kong, it might sound stupid, but he is freakin' annoying

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I just recently mained samus, but so far my nightmare matchup is diddy kong, it might sound stupid, but he is freakin' annoying
Yeah, the match-up is 60-40, Diddy Kong's favor. It's understandable. The more you fight Diddy Kong, the more fun he might be.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah, the match-up is 60-40, Diddy Kong's favor. It's understandable. The more you fight Diddy Kong, the more fun he might be.
ONLY 60-40??
really? holy hell :( it soo feels liek another TL attack. I'd say 65-35 at least :( maybe you handle them better than most of us, but I know that Hive, Me, and that guy are terrible with them. :(

Maining samus is rediculesly hard to do :\
i just realized I only enjoy fighting four people as they don't have an utterly disgusting advantage,
Peach, Ike, DK, Ganondorf, EDIT: Rob lol. I may continue this list later on, I'm tired though so i'm not really thinking much.

Top Bottom