• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohio University Brawl Tournament May 10th Results!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
These are the results:

1. Overswarm
2. Kel
3. Juke

Rest as follows in the bracket:
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn195/TheKiest/OUGA/?action=view&current=May10thBracket-1.jpg
First round was in the middle. Left side is the loser bracket, right side is the winner bracket.
The bracket program I used is called Tournament Maker 2.1

It was really useful and could have been used better.
The 3 best things about it was:
1. Saved player roasters. After I put people in the program, I can just load them into any bracket I want later without re-entering them in.

2. Bracket Features. I can click on the name of who wins and the image will change. I also can save the bracket as an image or even print it from the program.

3. Seeding. You can randomly seed by location/group, skill, or both. There is also manual placement (which I should have used on other computers once it was randomly made once).

And also you can keep track of how much money should have been collected/paid out to the winners.

Casual Tournament Results:
1. Pops
2. Frame
3. T800

Casual Tournament bracket will be up on Monday

We will probably have videos within 2 weeks (some were on VHSs so those will take awhile)

Thanks to everyone who joined.

Please post shout outs and suggestions for running the tournament more smoothly.

And feel free to put out those friend numbers! (if you want).

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
McFly here.

What a ridiculous (and exhausting) tournament. A little bracket confusion early on, but beyond that it was just pure glory. My only suggestion for next time: Actually tape some of my matches!! I did not play a single match that wasn't incredibly epic and intense for the entire duration of the tournament.

Oh, and casual tournaments rock. All items, all stages, all amazing.

McFly's Smash Friend Code: 0216-0505-4459

QUIVO

Smash Master
Cincinnati is tooo good. Top 5 is practically Gunpunch. Though Juke, Dr X and I aren't really in it.

and OS, you should post mine and juke's matches. I wanna see what was going on that match. It seemed more exciting to watch than play.

Btw, some suggestions:

-3 stock - 8 minutes. The matches went too long.
-Players can ban 1 stage for a set
-Have player choose stage FIRST. Then the other choose his character. That way the person doesn't get screwed over with counterpicked stages and characters.
-Make use of all of the tv's. There was a room that was empty for like an hour until you guys finally used it for tournament matches.
-2v2

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys are GUNPUNCH! supporters.

I'll put up the vids after I'm done passing out. I haven't slept in a bed on a Saturday night in..... phew. A long time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You should also post links to the vids from this tournament when you get them up!

I want to see me vs. Kel :D

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Dividing the tournament into separate rooms, while necessary given the venue, made things a little difficult to get matches together when they were needed, so I think it would definitely be a good idea to really plan the bracket ahead of time so everyone knows where they need to be.

Also, the separate rooms would be perfect for pools, which you could use for seeding the bracket or possibly for eliminations depending on your turnout. It'd take longer, but people would get to play more matches and against more people.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I had fun, though I got knocked out waaaay early, so I didn't get to play many people. :(

I suggest pools for bracket seeding next time, just so even those of us lesser-skilled players get to have plenty of matches, even if they are just in pools.

The multiple rooms thing was a bit of a hassle, but as mentioned above, it was necessary for the venue. Also stated was how great it would work for pools, in case it is ever used again.

I didn't enter the casual tournament due to time constraints, but I'm really regretting it now.

Quivo, great money matches, and our Snake/Diddy match was beast, Overswarm. To the two of you I played in the actual tournament (Juke and Kiester), you guys are beast.

EDIT: Oh, those of you who were taking pics, post 'em on the Facebook thing or something. I wanna see 'em.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
We do plan on posting those pics soon.

Also someone left a book at the tournament called:
Civil Rights Chronicle

I wasn't sure if that was from OU or OSU (It has a page slip on the back that mentions both)

If it belongs to anyone at OSU, I will actually be in Columbus next weekend around campus if someone wants to meet me for it.

Again thanks for coming. I do agree with the 3 stock thing to shorten the tournament.
For some reason I didn't think about the TV thing. I actually have a few TVs I could have brought and everyone in OUGA has a wii they could have brought. We also could have gotten more rooms.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the casual tournament. We'll try to refine it more so that the finals make more sense and stay as a FFA.

Now for my shout outs (pretty much could have done this for everyone...)

Overswarm: Thanks for coming and slaughtering all of us. I never got your feedback about my gameplay. (Which I really wanted to do).

Kel: You're meta knight taught me a lot for next time and thanks for coming.

Juke: Sorry for not making the tournament short enough for you to play in the finals...

Emmy: Looked like you were the only other Kirby player besides myself and I never got a chance to play it. Oh well.

WGS: I wasn't sure if you knew the wolf reflector trick.. which might have been why wolf gave you a probelm that second fight. Wolf's Reflector is like a dodge (or sidestep). When you hit d-B he is invincible for a few frames then the reflector kicks on like falco's and fox's. In other words it might as well be like a counter attack move (since the reflector stuns long enough to get an attack off).
But good match anyways

McFly: Wario > Keist... yikes... maybe I'll use Ike on him next time.. or someone else from the Terrible 13 (yeah I'm still going for 13 mains eventually)

Again thanks to everyone for coming. I'm not sure when the next one will be since I won't be running it. (Graduating this summer). It'll be up to the other newer member of OUGA.

Framerate

Smash Lord
As far as lost and found goes, I have a female hoodie in my room that isn't mine (which may come as a surprise to some). It was left in one of the rooms in Morton, so if you know someone who lost a hoodie I probably have it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As far as I can read the bracket, the top8 looks like this:

1. Overswarm (ROB)
2. Kel (Meta Knight)
3. Juke
4. QUIVO
5. KBRO¿
5. Pops
7. Dr. X (Pit?)
7. McFly

Anyone know the characters used by these people?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Juke - Snake
Quivo - Toon Link
Kbro - Rob/Metaknight
Pops - Snake/Fox I think (at elats when I played MMs with him)
Mcfly - Wario/Mario

Yea ggs mwgs I loved the Ganon vs Bowser matches. Epicccc

TheKiest

Smash Champion
McFly also used Snake for a few of them, Pops used Lucario for a few of them.

Kbro... never really has a main. He plays it by ear for the most part.

In the finals, Overswarm also used GameandWatch

GSangster

Smash Rookie
Pops here-

This was my first Smash tournament ever with a large amount of people. It was great and I learned many new techniques. Next time comes around, I will use Lucario more often. Also, I will post up the videos from my camera in less than two weeks.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
As far as I can read the bracket, the top8 looks like this:

1. Overswarm (ROB)
2. Kel (Meta Knight)
3. Juke
4. QUIVO
5. KBRO¿
5. Pops
7. Dr. X (Pit?)
7. McFly

Anyone know the characters used by these people?
Pit is correct for me, though I did go Meta in a couple matches.

I think Pops also played Lucario but I didn't play him at all.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
This was a pretty fun tournament. There were quite a few people but enough to where you could actually get to know most of the people. Lookin' forward to the next one.

GSangster

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it was fun. I actually didn't get to play Doctor X, Straylit, Kel,and a few others during the tournament. Maybe next time around.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I never got to play Quivo, and that saddens me. Still have that woman's hoodie btw....

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it was fun. I actually didn't get to play Doctor X, Straylit, Kel,and a few others during the tournament. Maybe next time around.
I did watch a few of your matches. Quite an impressive Snake youve got. There a tournament in Chesapeake WV on June 7th. The team and i will be at that one aswell if you guys wanna show.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Let's play online Framerate. The experience will be different though : /
Sounds good, cause that way I won't embarrass you in front of an audience (OH SNAP!!!!!)

But seriously, yeah sounds ok. I don't have a wii so I'd be playing on McFly's. I dunno if he posted his friend code or what not.

I actually kinda feel bad because I didn't really socialize with you either. Then again, I was probably just running around screaming the whole tournament, so if you call that socializing....

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Well, that was certainly epic. I kinda wish we had planned out recording some more of the matches a little better since there were VCR's in every room we played in. I actually recorded the finals and semi-finals (I think they were semi-finals, I was never sure when the semis were happening), and those should go up in a week or two (depends on how it takes to get them put onto a computer after I send the tape off to be captured). (Ack, I've used too many parentheticals!)

Also, Casual FFA tournaments are a hoot. I think every tournament ever should have them, if only for the hilarity of it. Yes, two Landmasters and a Super Sonic took the top three spots, but still. I'm extremely happy that the true winner was Little Mac.

Everyone who ran it did a great job, though....and Kiest certainly handled it all well. Hopefully one of you young pups will uphold the tradition of us elder OUGA statesmen. You know who you are.

And although I'll probably never see some of you out-of-towners ever again, I hope to play with you all some more in the future!

Top Bottom