• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh boy

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So, um... are there combos in this game? I think there are combos in this game.

That is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
this is why samus is the best forever. thats my girl

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Either Nintendo needs to patch this or we need to go ahead and ban ZSS.

Garbage like this is what helped ruined Brawl competitively (alone with LOL Meta Knight).

EDIT: Since it only works on Robin I'm retracting my call for a ban. I spoke too soon. ;}

Last edited:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Translated the description. Pretty straightforward.

ZSS on Robin, previously only possible on ROB and similarly shaped characters.
Dsmash or Charged Paralyzer > Footstool > Uncharaged otg Paralyzer > Fully Charged Dsmash or Charged Paralyzer > Footstool...
For a certain distance, footstooled characters cannot tech. Uncharged otg Paralyzer forces standing wake-up.

Of note, it seems like the dair isn't necessary this time? Maybe the poster forgot to mention it.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
The same exact infinite existed in Brawl on ROB.
It's extremely situational and hard to pull off both mechanically and set up wise.
If it comes out be broken and auto-win in tournaments (I really don' think it will be the case) just ban it (the infinite) and go on with the games. No need to freak out.
Call already a ban on ZSS just for this is silly, expecially since we lived in a world of braindead IC's chaingrabs.

Last edited:

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
There is a guy suggesting that option in this very thread.
Next time I'll quote.
Btw I would be courious to know if he forgot about the dair or it's not necessary.
If it's not necessary that makes things alot easyer.

Untouch

Smash Master
I've seen multiple people saying you can roll after being footstooled in Smash 4.0, I'll need to see more evidence that you can't escape this.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind the infinite. It looks to need a pretty situational setup + it might have character specific requirements.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Sounds like Nintendo picked the wrong Samus to bet on.
well...when Sakurai played up ZSS as being bad in Brawl compared to PSS, when everyone knew otherwise...you knew something was up. Then he called PSS the strongest at the E3 Invitational, only to have ZSS win. It's pretty funny.

Untouch

Smash Master
Someone on reddit has discovered this only happens with robin due to a bug.
You're supposed to jump up when footstooling, but if you footstool with ZSS on robin, you don't.
If you jumped up, robin would be able to roll out in time.

This'll either be fixed or robin is **** tier.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
meh. Just means Robin has an unwinnable match-up vs ZSS which sucks cuz he was looking top tier as well.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
well...when Sakurai played up ZSS as being bad in Brawl compared to PSS, when everyone knew otherwise...you knew something was up. Then he called PSS the strongest at the E3 Invitational, only to have ZSS win. It's pretty funny.
Sakurai not fully understanding what makes characters good or bad in these games is really nothing new.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i dont think anyone even picked normal samus during the invitational actually, so...

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Idk, he did pretty much nerf everything that made ZSS good in Brawl. Good chance he just underestimated the mileage she'd get out of her buffed moves.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
First the infinite on ROB in Brawl. Now the infinite on Reflet.

I'm assuming Zamus has a psychotic urge to utterly massacre anyone with a name beginning with R.

Could explain why Ridley's not in Smash. Zamus got to him first.

Last edited:

Une

Smash Apprentice
lolwut how long has this game been out? A week?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I've seen multiple people saying you can roll after being footstooled in Smash 4.0, I'll need to see more evidence that you can't escape this.
The paralyzer has a jab-lock effect that forces the opponent to stand up at a set time.
That's what makes this possible.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
I heard someone say they patched this in the latest patch. (the one that fixed the Peach For Glory issue) Can someone confirm?

Top Bottom