• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I almost skipped fireworks for this!?!
The reason pressing tab highlights them out of order is because every day they added images out of order and it goes in order of oldest to newest.
The better question to ask is...
Why is this text "All Star Battle" typed in English
and showing notably American icons like the Statue of Liberty, Cows, and stuff from England like a horse carriage and truffles?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell any more. Are you being serious about Sakurai posting weird stuff on Twitter?

I doubt that it matters, but still.

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Bahah sorry guys. <3 Nothing personal, just wanted a laugh, thankies.

Google translate says his last one was an hour ago, "death also." And another "Being moved to Kyoto with Sororisorori ..." and then finally "Ghirahimu for Smash Brothers".

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai just posted something about death and moving to Kyoto or going there or something like that.

Sometimes Sakurai tweets the most random stuff. It makes me wonder if the inventor of smash bros is secretly a madman...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not to mention his team likes to spend hours drawing things on the whiteboards instead of developing the game.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Guess we wait til 12:00.
Man I'm browsing the net on my wii with a bad connection. Someone post a link to Sakurai's twitter? Ask him why this All Star page is in english. Then tell him to add google chrome to Wii's so I can translate his twitter.
I bet the Japanese version of the Nintendo channel are laughin their arses off right now.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Bahah sorry guys. <3 Nothing personal, just wanted a laugh, thankies.

Google translate says his last one was an hour ago, "death also." And another "Being moved to Kyoto with Sororisorori ..." and then finally "Ghirahimu for Smash Brothers".
You don't know how happy I am to have NOT fallen for your tricks. Man, I would've been pissed...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What happens at 12:00? It becomes 4PM in Japan?
Yeah well it seems obvious this page is aimed towards westerners. Because we love Cow burgers and cuttlefish and raisins and we all ride on horses like cowboys when we aint chillin in Disney aquariums or NYC.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ghirahim will be lucky if he's a trophy; he's ain't be playable. ;P
What happens at 12:00? It becomes 4PM in Japan?
If it's a smash bros.-related thing, then at 12 PST, it would update like the 2nd (and final) Brawl Dojo. At least it would be a funny reference.

I don't think an update or anything will happen then, but it's within the realm of possibility.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha but Kirbunny, being so easily moved and tricked is endearing, be proud, and continue to fall for tricks! More specifically, mine. But I'm done for now, promise.

And John... you'll pay for that shot at Demon Lord Ghirahimu.
Hate how this site is going to keep me up and lurking to see what it is... sigh..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought America's National Pastime was watching the traditional powerhouse NFL football teams (Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, and Packers) beat up on the traditional weak teams (Browns, Bengals, Falcons, Buccaneers, and Lions), and seeing all the players from those weaker teams get injured, beaten up, and ganged up on by the strong.
And John... you'll pay for that shot at Demon Lord Ghirahimu.
Sorry, but he's staying only in Skyward Sword, which, as we all know, is like a time capsule that will never be revisited because it was only an average Legend of Zelda title. :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
ehr mher gherd! Smersh Brersh derjer!
Skyward Sword was the hypest man! Did you even play it or did you just blank out those 300 hours of yo life?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Ah, so nothing happened after all. I have to admit I wasn't expecting it to reach zero.

Xubble

Smash Ace
At sunrise on the East Coast, we will all be picked up in a horse and buggy, visit an aquarium (and take a particularly close look at a nautilus), and proceed to have lunch on a farm where we will eat raisins while being licked by cows.

ALL STAR BATTLE

Seriously guys, how hard was it to interpret THAT?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Wait lemme think. You see the front of the Statue of Liberty when you are facing West right?
Or does the statue look west?

Whatever still hyped for
Super Nautilous Horse Buggy Bros

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Super Smash Bros 4: Average Day Out. Winter 2015

Already pre-ordered.

Top Bottom