• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officlal Famitsu Booklet Thread: Scans Up! Translators Needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think it's nothing. There is no information on the booklet, like if you have a gamecube memory card, you get special trophies and a golden hammer but there's nothing on it about characters. I'd update the first post but the board is so slow right now.

I'll convert this to the "Official Famitsu Booklet Thread" that way the ridiculously long list doesn't go to waste.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I confused...why weren't these extra pages scanned yet?

Either way, I hope that Falcon will be revealed very soon to ease the pain away from this delay. Marth as well :p

THESE BOARDS ARE SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Either way, I hope that Falcon will be revealed very soon to ease the pain away from this delay. Marth as well :p
I hope Captain Falcon will be revealed next, with the remaining franchises revealed soon after.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, there's like 600 members viewing the same board!!! :O CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY
tha'ts nothing. look at the record. 1600. That was during WHobby08. How I regret broadcasting the time of the event. Even Youko and SP said it in the podcast.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I think the best answer was that the other pages are likely to be information on game modes, stages, and items. You could spend a LOT of time on those and easily fill up the rest of the 200 pages without revealing another character.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think the pages are for revealed char on dojo + game modes + Stages+ SSE stuff. Remember that the dojo plan updates few weeks before the actual update? Well Sakurai might give them info on these updates. What I don't understand is that Fam should have played the full game. Or Sakurai might just gave them a demo of the game with SE in it.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Don't you think that if the new characters are included in the guide, we would see someone leaking those pages before the characters we already know?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
the last page for each character is prolly final smash, eh?
Final Smash is part of the special moves. I very inclined to believing Famitsu leaked it themselves. But I think the magazine comes out this friday, not February 1st. Can anybody verify this?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
LeuMast very true indeed. Why didn't anyone leak the unconfirmed chars? It think fam would be disappointing, so don't expect too much.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Leaking unconfirmed characters first would weaken credibility of real pages, just showing how good someone is with Photoshop.

Question: If this is being released on Feb. 1st, Brawl will ALREADY BE RELEASED in Japan. There's NO REASON to hide information anymore. The spoilers are gone the day the game comes out.

The rest of the pages will definitely be new information. At least some of it will. I doubt all those pages could be filled with the stuff we already know; especially since our knowledge of SSE is very limited.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
it would be the Feb. 1 issue, but would be released earlier, similar to how U.S. magazines are two months ahead usually. We get the January issue of NP in November for instance.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
from the scans it looks like there are only two pgs character intro 4 B moves and FS am i missing the character history?
idk if theyd add the history in the booklet wouldnt they save it for trophies?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
So is it "OfficLal" because you made a typo or because you want people to think that this is an "official" thread?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
If the fanmitsu guide does come out on Monday ill buy it. But one things for sure. its not out yet. I checked. I think it was intentionally leaked to distract from other more notable mishaps

turboether

Smash Cadet
i dont think this fluff 'guide' (read: flashy advertisement) will tell us anything we dont already know from the dojo.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I seriously don't get why people are buying into the speculation that it has the secret characters. There's no real excuse that they wouldn't have shown them at all either. Hurt their credebility? Of course it wouldn't do that, since they are clear scans of all the moves and what not. Don't want to spoil? They showed Sheik as the first thing, and that was before Sheik got confirmed on the Dojo. =/

:034:

Smash Hero
I don't think it has secret characters... It's probably for discussing Stages, Stage History, Assist Trophies, Assist Trophy history, Items, Item history, perhaps a list of songs, various Game Modes, online features, SSE screenshots and so on... Basically everything revealed on the Dojo in a 200-page booklet.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sakurai's pretty quick to catching back up on revealed info. Thus Sheik got updated right after it. (And then Olimar's FS today, right aftter it got leaked through those commercials) Any new info it had will probably be added on the Dojo soon, if it's important.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Saying "This book won't have anything new" is kind of silly because it already DID have something new!
Actually, no, that doesn't count. The issue wasn't supposed to come out until after Sheik was revealed. We just happened to get a leak. By the time we get everything, it will likely all be old news.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
^It's very ulikely, and just a theory proposed by the TC. It's much more likely that it only has the characters we know, and the rest of the pages are for stages/items/pokemon/AT/Game modes/ect.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This is more of a statement that if there more than 30 characters in Brawl, then Famitsu isn't new characters information and don't get your hopes up for when the magazine releases.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
did you ever consider that the "history" pages may not be for EACH character, rather each series?

it would make more sense that way as some characters i can't imagine having PAGES of history info on them where as the series as a whole definately can.

just a thought, i could be wrong and it's speculation on a theory so who knows.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Wait....so is there only 30 playable characters?
Nah, what he was trying to say came out all wrong.

If the trend continues to follow, we'll have thirty characters revealed, whether they be hidden characters or not, by the Japanese release of the game. Or so that's how I read it.

Thirty characters for how long this game took? Hah. Seriously...

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Sakurai's pretty quick to catching back up on revealed info. Thus Sheik got updated right after it. (And then Olimar's FS today, right aftter it got leaked through those commercials) Any new info it had will probably be added on the Dojo soon, if it's important.
Umm...I don't see how that can be the case when the dojo updates are planned weeks in advance.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Nah, what he was trying to say came out all wrong.

If the trend continues to follow, we'll have thirty characters revealed, whether they be hidden characters or not, by the Japanese release of the game. Or so that's how I read it.

Thirty characters for how long this game took? Hah. Seriously...

And...if Sakurai reveals half the information of Brawl in this booklet, ........

O

M

G

O_O

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
it will not have any new information. If its did, companies that makes Guide books for games will not able to make money off of ssbb because every subscribers will have a copy of the "complete" guide book. An analogy for this is that you get a dvd of a full movie in a magazine before that movie comes out in theater.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
And...if Sakurai reveals half the information of Brawl in this booklet, ........

O

M

G

O_O
Oi, oi! Do NOT get your hopes up, please. It's bad mojo for SWF members. Remember?

Besides, this is the DOJO!! we are talking about. Next Wensneday might not be a character at all. It might be some Pokeball Pokemon update. It's just that the trend now is currently looking like that.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Added information to first post, re-emphasizing that this is simply a theory and since the game will probably have more than 30 characters Famitsu might not reveal anything more than the Dojo.

Zek

Smash Ace
Do you really think that if the remaining pages were hidden characters, they wouldn't have been leaked along with the rest of the scans?

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
There's one thing that bugs me about the "only 30" theory, and that's conflicts with the Icon Theory. While the full Icon Theory was ludicrous, there's still that fact that Icon #19 is still unaccounted for. This leads to one of three conclusions:

1. Booklet is incomplete. Only 30 revealed in the book, with several still yet unannounced, including the 6 expected vets and the newcomer series.
  2. Book is complete, multiple vets will not return, one in favor of the newcomer series.
  3. Book is complete, one vet is still cut, Icon #19 is a stage only icon.

Which is correct? My hopes want to lean towards #1, but there's a good possibility #3 is.

Top Bottom