• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi discussion!!!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Yoshi makes a lot of cutesy sounds when he attacks now. His range on almost all moves has gotten a ridiculous buff. Can't say if Egg Roll is more useful or not (I barely ever use it with the Yoster). I can only think they would nerf the incredible knockback on his down smash.

Edit: Also to people asking if his athletic theme is in the game, it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdDPFvNAjTU&feature=user

Hear it there at about 1:24 in.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong. I will always love yoshi. But this brawl version is gonna be hard to love. All of his movements crazy sounds. His nair is shorter, his tounge is shorter. But he does have some of the hottest taunts. And he can throw multiple eggs when falling. Im also pissed at nintendo about the absence of new colors. But don't fret, i will still rock that red yoshi with the purple kicks.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong. I will always love yoshi. But this brawl version is gonna be hard to love. All of his movements crazy sounds. His nair is shorter, his tounge is shorter. But he does have some of the hottest taunts. And he can throw multiple eggs when falling. Im also pissed at nintendo about the absence of new colors. But don't fret, i will still rock that red yoshi with the purple kicks.
I think his Nair stayed the same, but I'm unsure about his grab. The best thing to do is to shield grab (press A while shielding).

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Apparetly, according to another character rankings thread, yoshi is the worst out of all the characters he has reviewed so far, he only got a 4/10:(. A major aspect of Yoshi being low on the tier list is his popularity, in mario sports games, hes very popular, in smash games, he just doesn't isn't at all...

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Apparetly, according to another character rankings thread, yoshi is the worst out of all the characters he has reviewed so far, he only got a 4/10:(. A major aspect of Yoshi being low on the tier list is his popularity, in mario sports games, hes very popular, in smash games, he just doesn't isn't at all...
Yea, we've discussed that in many different Yoshi topics. Don't worry, the guys a raving lunatic. He doesn't give any information to back up what he says. Most of the stuff like
all his moves have been nerfed
are lies. Plus, he says his recovery is still crap, which is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I tried reasoning with him, and he spoke to me like I was a freshly spawned bacteria with bunny ears and speaking and learning disabilities.

Really, he's just nothing but gas.

I hope my analogies make the situation a little more clearer.:)

Kamagwi~Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Yoshi has always been my main, and I have already made my points of fascination with Yoshi's evolution to Brawl, in the "up+B" thread. So anyone who reads it will know that I love this Dinogon.

Anyway, I'm interjecting to say that I have to master Yoshi, so that I can defeat the other characters and create a vast army of Yoshis to defeat the others into submission. Ha ha ha!

But they did not change the color schemes for Yoshi? Too bad, I'd have loved to see color selection done from a palette rather than just 6 template colors. It would be so cool to see Black and White Yoshis. I'd like to have an Orange Yoshi, to use on WiFi...

Oh well, there's always next time...

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yea, we've discussed that in many different Yoshi topics. Don't worry, the guys a raving lunatic. He doesn't give any information to back up what he says. Most of the stuff like are lies. Plus, he says his recovery is still crap, which is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. I tried reasoning with him, and he spoke to me like I was a freshly spawned bacteria with bunny ears and speaking and learning disabilities.

Really, he's just nothing but gas.

I hope my analogies make the situation a little more clearer.:)
Yeah I tried to tell him he was wrong too but it seemed he ignored my post completely. Yoshi just seems to be too good to be the worst, or at least as bad as he claims. Most of his moves got BUFFED, not nerfed.

And that video with Yoshi and Ganondorf is a great video and shows that the Brawl Yoshi certainly has potential. But I think the sounds he makes with his attacks might get annoying after a while. Bleh, I'll get used to that, and I'll just annoy my opponent with it. XD

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
But I think the sounds he makes with his attacks might get annoying after a while. Bleh, I'll get used to that, and I'll just annoy my opponent with it. XD
lol I thought of the same thing after watching that. But hey, my opponent would get just as upset if not more, as I'm beating him with a dinosaur that makes sounds like a squeak toy. :laugh:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Hehe, oh yeah, I can´t wait to use Brawl Yoshi against my friends for that. But I´m not gonna main him because of those sounds, but because he´s my favourite character. :p

Edit; By the way, does anyone know what happened to my ''Yoshi's taunts'' thread? I don't see it anymore, and I don't see a second page of threads either. :confused:

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Edit; By the way, does anyone know what happened to my ''Yoshi's taunts'' thread? I don't see it anymore, and I don't see a second page of threads either. :confused:
Near the bottom of the page there is a section called "Display options". Set the box next to "From The" to "Beginning".

Top Bottom