• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi discussion!!!

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
That's a good idea actually, especially now that both Pit and Meta Knight joined Kirby (and possibly Jigglypuff too) as multi-jumpers. It would be awesome if they gave this ability to Yoshi, but I don't think they will.

bigman40

Smash Master
No, only for a certain amount of time. From the earlier games to now, that amount of time he could hover has shortened except for yoshi's story to ssb.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I think he meant that he could do it as often as he wanted while he was still in the air and cover great distances this way. But it would be unfair if he had this ability in the SSB games. Alsmost as unfair as when Peach would be able to both float back and then use her umbrella to get to the stage from even further.
Oh, wait...

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I think he meant that he could do it as often as he wanted while he was still in the air and cover great distances this way. But it would be unfair if he had this ability in the SSB games. Alsmost as unfair as when Peach would be able to both float back and then use her umbrella to get to the stage from even further.
Oh, wait...
Yea...

Actually, now that I think about it, Yoshi being able to jump over and over would help. Yoshi would have a normal jump off the ground, but his other jump(s) could be used in succesion, like in Super Mario Advance 3, Yoshi's Island.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
That's what I was talking about before, but I think that would help Yoshi a little bit too much. But then, it could be seen as a make-up for his lack of a good recovery in both Smash64 and Melee. :laugh:

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
True...
If peach can float around and carry a parasol, Yoshi should SO be able to double jump multiple times. But what would we call it? It wouldn't be a DJ anymore, lol. It would be like, the-flying-dino-of-mad-increase-of-flutter-jump. lol

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
I have to agree yoshi's eggs are beast.They give you alot of options when in a match they serve as a distraction and a quick way to give some damage.They're also a great way to stop those people who love to come down right on top of your head with a good stun move so u can hit them first.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree yoshi's eggs are beast.They give you alot of options when in a match they serve as a distraction and a quick way to give some damage.They're also a great way to stop those people who love to come down right on top of your head with a good stun move so u can hit them first.
Distractions? The move has a lot of lag when you finish it. It's better to use it as and edge game or use it dropping through platforms.

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
Yes this is true there is lag in the move however it depends how good your aim is with the eggs to determine how bad that lag hurts you or not. A top reaction i see when i throw an egg at people is they usually roll out of the way or side step it this can sometimes give you enough time to charge at someone and hit them with a quick headbutt. Its a strategy i use anyway im not saying its for everyone just for some people who can lobb those eggs at just the right angle to hit someone a distance away.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yes this is true there is lag in the move however it depends how good your aim is with the eggs to determine how bad that lag hurts you or not. A top reaction i see when i throw an egg at people is they usually roll out of the way or side step it this can sometimes give you enough time to charge at someone and hit them with a quick headbutt. Its a strategy i use anyway im not saying its for everyone just for some people who can lobb those eggs at just the right angle to hit someone a distance away.
Most people would wavedash backwards or sit and shield, and wait for a grab when you dash at them(By pressing A in a shield, you can grab people with a tad more range, and it's really useful, especially for Yoshi).

Joeshi

Smash Rookie
See and thats the thing i love about this game i mean look how simple the control scheme is and yet look how different people play its crazy. You see one reaction against eggs and i see another its awesome really. Its just one of those things its so simple yet so complex. I bet you and i are completely different with how we play yoshi even though hes the same character with the same move set. Well if u ever want to play brawl my wii numbers listed and im trying to get alot of good ppl on my friends list so when brawl is out i have lots of challengers and friendly rivals.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I'd much rather have either of these in Brawl:

Title Screen Theme
Athletic Theme
Final Boss Battle

If either one of those will be made into Brawl, I'll be happy. But seen as how many songs are already getting in, I'm not having doubts that either of these will make it.
The Athletic Theme would be a great addition to Brawl for the Yoshi's Island stage. The Final Boss Battle music would be great for SSE. It could be used for a boss battle for Yoshi, lol.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Oh I'm definetely gonna stick with Yoshi, but I doubt he'll be on the top of the tier list. Maybe he'll climb up higher this time, but I don't think he'll be the best. Lucario will probably be one of the other fighters I'm gonna play as though, and Pit, and possibly still Marth. But not as much as Yoshi, that's for sure! :)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
who cares about tiers.

IMO tiers don exist. if they did top tier would be captain falcon's Knee and yoshi's tongue and digestive system.

in all seriousness. us Yoshers don't care about tiers. when i get brawl, i am playing Some serious Yoshiiiiiii

now, in the words of yoshi, " Yoshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

Yoshi FTW

Top Bottom