• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Yoshi CG List ""FRAME DATA INFO CHANGED A FEW THINGS"" (Updated on 9/29/09)

Chaco

Never Logs In
^
u would get rested so hard i'd peel the skin from your yoshi's body. ask any yoshi who has played me. i don't need drill rest to rest, especially against yoshi.

moving on, when they learn its PSable they will PS it, simple as that.
But still that's dumb, unless they read the YBs they won't know. And if your not predictable when using it....there should be no problem. Like being predictable would be at the ledges. Use DT Dsmash at the ledges.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
If theres any sort of guaranteed fsmash anywhere ever out of anything i think its worth mastering, its a good kill option that will rarely be stale, which is great.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DT Fsmash from release is barely a frame off. They can't do anything but PS, and barely that.

You can argue with yourself whether it's worth it or not.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Really? What are the frames involved? And on who are we talking about exactly? If they can do nothing but PS then it would be inescapable on the edge no? wouldn't that make it better than downsmash? Also hows downsmash work out?

Chaco

Never Logs In
You have a point about the ledge but it would needed to be release just right over the ledge where they can't PS it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, I just tested it like 5 times. IF you release hi mover the edge, he can airdodge it (3 frame window. Which is simple since you can buffer it).

Edit: Okay new information!

Grab Release to DT Fsmash is Unpunishable if they airdodge the move. They cannot do any other move to stop the Fsmash when we do it correctly (meaning not slow lol).

Dbl Edit: MK is only excepton to DT Fsmash due to him being 1 frame faster than everyone else in airdodging! everyone else that is CGable (and falls in range of the Fsmash) cannot avoid this kill move.

bigman40

Smash Master
dbl cause I feel like it and I'm doing frame data. LilB, you can add this to your guide

CG able characters that ESCAPE the DT options
Charizard
Bowser
Pikachu
Diddy
Link
Sonic
ZSS
C. Falcon
Ike
DK

Grab Release to Dtilt/Ftilt/Dsmash
MK
Lucas (You can Fsmash him from anywhere)
Squirtle
Ganon

Wario can be Fsmashed out of the infinite (standard grab takes 17, Fsmash takes 14). Just makes sure that you angle it up.

I plan on doing alot more so expect lots of edits on this.

Edit 1: Falco AND Ganon can only be Egg layed out of release offstage.
Sheik AND Squirtle CANNOT escape the grab release to Fair offsage.
Wolf AND Fox are immune from anything inesacpeable. However, you can possibly pressure him away to get a efficient gimp kill.

Edit 2: Ness can be Uaired out of release.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
dbl cause I feel like it and I'm doing frame data. LilB, you can add this to your guide

CG able characters that ESCAPE the DT options
Charizard
Bowser
Pikachu
Diddy
Link
Sonic
ZSS
C. Falcon
Ike
DK

Grab Release to Dtilt/Ftilt/Dsmash
MK
Lucas (You can Fsmash him from anywhere)
Squirtle
Ganon

Wario can be Fsmashed out of the infinite (standard grab takes 17, Fsmash takes 14). Just makes sure that you angle it up.

I plan on doing alot more so expect lots of edits on this.

Edit 1: Falco AND Ganon can only be Egg layed out of release offstage.
Sheik AND Squirtle CANNOT escape the grab release to Fair offsage.
Wolf AND Fox are immune from anything inesacpeable. However, you can possibly pressure him away to get a efficient gimp kill.

Edit 2: Ness can be Uaired out of release.
Will do useful stuff for you DT pros!

Airborne

Smash Lord
imma be a DT pro!
imma 3-stock nana and popo!
imma shoe dem dat DT is a bunch of fun!
imma show dem dat i can b numbah one!

..... i just made that up on the spot.... o.o GET AT ME

edit: the syllables can work if you put funk nasty beats to it... yeah its a rap XD

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Wait... I thought that grab-release to u-air on Ness was already well-known. I've been doing it for a while now. o_O

And you can't get a garaunteed spike on Ganondorf? Strange...

bigman40

Smash Master
Will do useful stuff for you DT pros!
The stuff I did was not just about DT options. I redid some of the other grab release options since we had no full proof of knowing it works. So I went and did them. >_____>

Wait... I thought that grab-release to u-air on Ness was already well-known. I've been doing it for a while now. o_O

And you can't get a garaunteed spike on Ganondorf? Strange...
I just made sure that it was do-able. That's it. And the Fair spike misses when you try to do it immediately, and they should be able to Uair us away. However the lag might make it to where they'll be too low from the ledge, or we can just DJ Nair them away to make the gimp. And they better hope they have a DJ :laugh:

Airborne

Smash Lord
I just made sure that it was do-able. That's it. And the Fair spike misses when you try to do it immediately, and they should be able to Uair us away. However the lag might make it to where they'll be too low from the ledge, or we can just DJ Nair them away to make the gimp. And they better hope they have a DJ :laugh:
well if that's the case, then we can follow up the DJ nair with a turn-around ground pound ledge grab, and starting harrassing more from there. =D

SOVAman

Smash Hero

Bumping this to show the updates that have been added

To see all i did look at the last RED part of the updates section

Basically took off snake and D3

Almost all of this can be referred to in the Yoshi Guide. Just letting you know I updated :D

Top Bottom