• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
School is out, and I'll have weekends off soon.

Seems like people still play melee...and its cool that Nate is playing again. I might dabble since I finally have time.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
better yet come to gc on september 11th dan.

@valban-there are eastern wa melee andbrawl players but I think they mostly use aib. tourney september 11th in lynnwood. just north of seattle. you should convince people who you don't know to give you a ride.

teddy-you should see if **** city can come.

shane you should check and see if ka will be able to hit 1 last tourney. and you still gotta get my melee.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
toph do you have a low tier? somebody you can use is the welcome back toph low tier side tourney we are going to have.
lol, low tier tourney is when i take a nap. i havent broken this rule the last like 4 tourneys that had low tier brackets and im definitely not breaking that rule at my welcome-back tourney

also jigglypuff and ganon are my low tiers

you think peter is bout to get more technical than me and toph?

or peter and I will get to your and oscar level b4 toph?
i think its somewhat telling that kline immediately thought you were talking about tech skill and not actual game skill

anyway, i can do everything i need to with the space animals with zero warmup now lol so whatever

also lol it was pretty tight that at the smashfest this weekend someone randomly started watching Revolution on his PSP and I was like "hey i know what video that is from the music" and then people started watching

oh yeah and mach dash and this brawl dude played a ****ton of kirbys air ride LOOOL it was just like i was back in washington <3 seemed like all they were doing was the city thing too, so i was like, oh tight, just like at ottos place lol

i basically just mean peters really good at tech skill and will eventually surpass both of you in the flashy random tech skill department if he keep up with it.

**** japan sounds tight. i wish it wasnt so expensive so i could go stay for a week or something.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
silent wolf + lovage = melee tech skill.

what else would I think of lol.

oscar and otto aren't on the same level of game play.

@otto, idk ill just have to try harder in the random flashy department. I still haven't put much work into initial dash turnaround wave shines.

I can multi moon walk tho. ilike pichu and pikachus. falcons is cool too but I don't have the timing yet.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
well then tell lovage im sorry.

still, if you were taking about game skill you probably would have left it at your level or used shane instead.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
otto, this is kind of an embarrassing question so I didn't want to post it in the fox advice thread

but i'm having a lot of trouble with falcon. like, really good falcons

so people say that in the fox vs. falcon matchup, the more you're nairing, the better. well, what do you do when falcon adopts this mentality? when falcon just spams the **** out of short hop nair? I don't know how to get around it; falcon's nair is bigger than fox's nair, covers some area above him so I can't FJ nair in consistently either, and leads to grab which leads to death a lot of the time.

any other tricks would be good too lol. >_>

did you realize anything about fighting falcon from that one time jeff stayed at your house and played like hella friendlies? x_x its gay having my worst matchup be a falcon player lol

Eggz

Smash Hero
jump over dat ***** and kick him in the back of the head

otto you can find tickets to japan for $500

dan, i gave up on poker but im about to pick it back up now that im reminded it exists

jump over dat ***** and kick him in the back of the head

otto you can find tickets to japan for $500

dan, i gave up on poker but im about to pick it back up now that im reminded it exists
never use full jump like that vs falcon. ill try and post something when im not really ****ing high. ive been playing falcons a lot at tournaments. i played jeff and aziz a lot at gsg and hax some at apex.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
never use full jump like that vs falcon. ill try and post something when im not really ****ing high. ive been playing falcons a lot at tournaments. i played jeff and aziz a lot at gsg and hax some at apex.
lol this is gonna blow your mind otto

but those are THE SAME PERSON LOL

anyway yeah lol thanks, whenever you get the chance lolz

@ ciz: I miss you :D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lol i know you know they are i was jp

it wouldve been pretty funny in the 1% chance you didnt know for some dumb reason though LMAO

also you just said fox hahaha :3

PhongP

Smash Cadet
LOL yeah that was pretty funny. did you end up getting to mm with Shane?

and Jem! you should definitely play more melee. it was fun playing 2v2s with you guys. sorry to teddy for ****in up btw.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
1 yea. I lost a falcon ditto 2-3
2 he did me in pretty solid in fox dittz

3/4 and I beat his falcon with fox and he beat my fox with falcon.

vish up threw, thats all you get lol.

and vish ended playing me in friendlies. not that many but some.

I just wanted to play some friendlies and looking for tips and ****. eggz didn't want to play I guess. I begged him to mm cuz then his debt is going down

I played around 23 games with vish, and 4 mm with shane...1 game jem, 3 with bw, 1 mm 2 friendlies with you mn got to play churro for a good two hours.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
he is the only one left I guess. military and that **** andy does took qraq and knuttz.

I think he was just around cuz family...brother was stationed here or returned here or something.

Top Bottom