• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Oh aight then legit.

Sounds pretty legit then.

and yea Otto, I understand what you mean. It would be hella boring to be you and probably shane. I promise dug we gonna get good. We workin on it.

Yea, lol I can tell u are hella more into melee, friendlys anyway when im playing better. Just keep giving tips and **** cuz im listening.

its probably more boring for me than shane lol. im hella into melee and he has brawl. also he should have more of a drive to beat me in melee so thats probably more fun. melees probably boring as **** for him still tho lol. nobodys been close to us for too long.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea, how close do you think vish or teddy is to shane or you?

and you said you thought I was doing random **** last time we did fox dittos... is that good or bad?

teddys not far off, really tired of playing him tho. vish needs more major tourney experience so he can fight a bunch of different styles and shiet. not a threat to me or shane.

thats a bad thing. you often attack whenever and dont wait for reasonable openings. also you still dont use your shield very well

im also gonna be training peter, he learns fast. hell likely surpass UW scum

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
hmmm can you comment on anything specific as far as using shield better. I still **** up some wd oos mainly by hitting jump during the shield stun.

just know when to block and know what to punish with in situations after blocking. you have to know when to block and when to just wait for a better opportunity. you dont want to shield if you dont have to usually. try not to stay in your shield too long, wd oos isnt everything but it helps in a lot of situations. helps with zoning. all of it just comes from experience idk

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Aight, next time we play try to point some of that out to me. At least times when I could have made a better decision if you notice.

Ill keep that in mind tho, and Ill work on it.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want to grow the scene i would suggest starting tourneys on places other than smash boards. I don't think that many new people are signing up here. Try organizing a tourney on facebook. I did that and got about 20 people who had never been to a tourney before and i live on a ****ing island (real talk).

Anyway lol at 10 pages ago at kline losing to dmac even though i also lost to dmac :p.

Also thanks for the advice kline, shield stopping is very useful with marth. See you at Sept GC

Also kline you should have stayed marth and given dmac the business instead of switching to fox. Oh well

gman19

Smash Cadet
If you guys want to grow the scene i would suggest starting tourneys on places other than smash boards. I don't think that many new people are signing up here. Try organizing a tourney on facebook. I did that and got about 20 people who had never been to a tourney before and i live on a ****ing island (real talk).

Anyway lol at 10 pages ago at kline losing to dmac even though i also lost to dmac :p.

Also thanks for the advice kline, shield stopping is very useful with marth. See you at Sept GC

Also kline you should have stayed marth and given dmac the business instead of switching to fox. Oh well
Facebook events ****.

kline you lost to dmac with fox and not mewtwo? im very disappointed in you. if it really was mewtwo im still pretty disappointed lol

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
kline you lost to dmac with fox and not mewtwo? im very disappointed in you. if it really was mewtwo im still pretty disappointed lol
he went mew2 first round and lost, then he went marth and 2 stocked him (i think...) and then dmac counter picked dream land and kline went fox. It went down to last stock and kline barely lost.

ic. so you used all your characters kline lol. you should have won with m2. iori beat teddy in the crew battle, step it up ***. be more patient with fox

PhongP

Smash Cadet
nobodys been close to us for too long.
im comin to get you otto! lol. just gimme some time. and some good practice parters. hahah.

you know, it's pretty hard getting better in WA though. there's only a couple of active players who are better than me or kline here to practice against. i mean we could practice with you and shane but i think you guys are too good to really get good practice against. lol

im comin to get you otto! lol. just gimme some time. and some good practice parters. hahah.

you know, it's pretty hard getting better in WA though. there's only a couple of active players who are better than me or kline here to practice against. i mean we could practice with you and shane but i think you guys are too good to really get good practice against. lol
ciz nate and vish are good practice for you. me and shane can be too. teddys in there somewhere

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i know this is going to sound like an empty promise considering my past tendencies to bail/show up an hour or two late

but im getting really good at budgeting my time and not procrastinating **** now that i have a real job, and also really good at programming efficiently

so hopefully when i come back i can come over at least once or twice a week

edit: phong, you can get hella good playing against almost anyone except ultra-noobs who don't switch their defensive habits up. look at dr. peepee. washington is a fine region compared to a LOT of places, you can make do haha

and yea, facebook events eff tee doubleyou

PhongP

Smash Cadet
i've never played with ciz and nate. you guys down to play? i need to beat otto. lol. and vish too, you wanna play?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
kline, were you nervous playing dmac at all? if you were, i have some advice for you

edit: phong, don't count on vish

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
also is there any word on c¡z. is it that he just needs to find a job? around west seattle I guess.

no, just ****ed up really. coulda gone marth, but didn't want to do marth dl vs peach. and I was making technical errors with fox. I had been playing m2 v marth for the last two hours while waiting to play. I just wasn't patient enough. first game I was fine but made an early mistake. sbs don't do enough damage and i didn't have enough time. with no timer it wouldn't have been a problem. I had to be aggressive which is bad for m2 in that MU or time would have expired. I was down about 80 percent but only had less than a minute and a half.

I just failed at camping. I let minor circumstances defeat me and I just let it go. no reason to john. it doesn't help anyone. only getting better is important.

PhongP

Smash Cadet
edit: phong, you can get hella good playing against almost anyone except ultra-noobs who don't switch their defensive habits up. look at dr. peepee. washington is a fine region compared to a LOT of places, you can make do haha
yeah that's true, but it's not the same. Cause i wouldn't be work on my defensive habits that way. i still wouldn't be able to stop otto or shane from kickin my ***. lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
does he have a criminal record?

EVERYONE LOOK FOR JOBS FOR CIZ. LIKE FOR REAL. I THINK AROUND WEST SEATTLE.

also, are there any hail no's. like refuses to get on the grind at like cleaning at the airport or something?

also part or full?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if it gets down too close. I used to always be nervous.

for the most part not too bad anymore but id like your advice tho cuz it still happens occasionally. the more I play in tourney the lees it happens.

if I can focus im too occupied to be nervous

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was just thinking about **** so I know where to look. I don't have jobs in my pocket or anything. but im willing to look.

if people look around im sure we can find something thats hiring.

also I think he would need a job where he doesn't have to pass a drug test any time soon lol

pandacheck

Smash Ace
man i got a felony and a bunch of misdemeanors, and when i really want a job, i'll get one, except most the time there all fast food, landscaping or under the ****in table handjobs, i mean just under the table jobs lol

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@anthony- lmao, not going to let you live this down now!!!

@puyallup- i haven't had that much fun playing smash in a while, idk if it's i lack sleep the last few times or just same people/style over and over again but you guys were definately fun to play. Sorry about the south not coming up, they mostly only free on weekends which doesn't work for you guys that well :(
Anyways hope to see you guys again soon ^^

C!Z

Smash Lord
LoL. No criminal record, and I can pass a druggy if need be.

Don't worry I'll be comin back strong lookin for that numba 1 spot Bisno =]

Top Bottom