• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Utah Power Rankings

laozy

Smash Journeyman
no i meant if he kept playing tournaments from when he started, he'll be really good. but if we kept playing that night, mash woulda kept getting he a$$ kicked. lol jk. he's still really good even though he retired.

so yea, did u guys come up with a new system for the rankings?

Gojira

Smash Lord
no i meant if he kept playing tournaments from when he started, he'll be really good. but if we kept playing that night, mash woulda kept getting he a$$ kicked. lol jk. he's still really good even though he retired.

so yea, did u guys come up with a new system for the rankings?
no, i guess we will just watch these next few tourneys closely, unless we get a meeting going this tuesday or wed

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
yeah!!! we have GOJI'S ''RIP IT'' OMG we actualy have it!!!! he DRANK IT at the tournament! LOOK!!

'

lol look i have PROOF!!!(DAI-A took this pic and told me to post it)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You can barely see my face because of the glare...especially the glare of the screen on my glasses.
And I suddenly remembered that FTS was also taking pictures (with an actual camera). Wonder what that was all about...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
With all of these pictures of us going about, it would make the job for anyone to stalk us, easier. LOL Anyway, enough talk about random pictures in the Power Rankings Thread. This kind of stuff is better suited for the Utah Thread.
And to get back on topic, when exactly are we meeting, Gojira, to discuss the future of this Power Rankings? If we have a set time, it'll be easier to plan ahead and schedule that time free from other stuff. Just waiting for all 5 panelists to just happen to be online at the same time might take us somewhere from 1 hour to Brawl's release.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If a big bad man comes to **** you Thinh, I'm sure you'd do a good job of not being *****. :)

You too, Zach.

Nate... I'd be worried if I were you.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
im predicting david can be in 6th/7th place maybe higher, also junpei and ciz has to move up. xsyven...i fear for ur 9th spot. but sexy picture though

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
Edited out cause I was dead wrong apparently.

On another note, comparing the results of your tournament and your new ranking list has me all sorts of wtfconfuzzled.

Your second place finisher moved DOWN two spots? Your 5th place finisher (who was previously below your current 2nd place finisher) moved UP 3 spots? and your now 10th ranked player (who finished 9th) bumped out your previous 10th ranked player (who finished 7th)?

I am soooooooo confused.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Edited out cause I was dead wrong apparently.

On another note, comparing the results of your tournament and your new ranking list has me all sorts of wtfconfuzzled.

Your second place finisher moved DOWN two spots? Your 5th place finisher (who was previously below your current 2nd place finisher) moved UP 3 spots? and your now 10th ranked player (who finished 9th) bumped out your previous 10th ranked player (who finished 7th)?

I am soooooooo confused.
Results are not all that matters

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
Well if it's going by who beats who then your second place finisher only lost to one of your top ten players...

Your response explains nothing.

Whoa, I moved up a spot-- but... wait... Heath! Where's Heath!!! I guess what I'm trying to say is that you guys should move me down to the brink of the 10 spot, get me all motivated to hit up the December tourney (although I'm kind of freaking out about getting my picture snagged and posted all over the thread. I'm not exactly sure what I look like while I smash).

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Results are not all that matters
lol u got beat by both fallen prophet and dai-a, yet u are still higher than them. :laugh:
but omg, the list is outa control!!! erion, who just started playing with us, is already 10th on the list. fallen prophet fell below goji and rafa after missing a tournament. the worst part is, ciz droped even though he placed high in the last tournament. comeon, he beat dai-a, and junpei. fallen should be 4th, ciz be 5th .

edit: the more i look at the list, the more i get heated!!! how the heck fallen prophet fell so many number of spot, below goji and rafa!!! AND HOW THE HELL CIZ DROP!!!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There have been more than just one tournament since the last list -- just be aware of that. SoP 7 hurt C!Z, and helped Rafa, in this case.
C!Z= 9th = messed up. C!Z deserves to go up in the rankings, not down.

Also, since the power rankings are meant to show the current rankings in Utah shouldn't the most recent tournament have a lot more weight in the decisions than the previous one? There has been a whole month for people to inprove/not improve in between the two and C!Z has definitely been improving. He even took 2nd, beating many of the people who are now ranked above him, to prove it.

C!Z should be ranked 5th at the lowest.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
There has been some disagreement within the panel itself about this list.

Me and the panelists have discussed. This list was hard thought out and stuff. We all thought this to be the best list. check the first page for the new list

Despite what Gojira said, this is not the case.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Well Idk where to begin... First off this list proves that either Zack or Nate needs to be removed from the panel. This is the most biased list I've ever seen, those two cannot be left to make decisions together. Ken is right more weight should be on the more recent tourneys, especially with people improving. I played well at that tourney, I lost to our now ranked #3 player which went to to 3rd game last stock yet again, and our #1 player which I took that set to the 5th game bein the only person to beat him in a game that tourney. I beat our #2 player, our now #5 player both 2-0 by the way and our #8 player who is now ahead of me. Then you go and have the nerve to put Erion on the list above Bobo? Ridiculous! This just proves you guys are biased, he's decent but he proved nothing and definitely shouldn't have been considered after that performance. If Xsyven isn't going to attend these tourneys then he also needs not to be on the panel, if he can't witness the action himself then he should atleast go tourney results for a somewhat accurate decision. Whether the list stays or not there needs to be something done about this panel, amazing how Zacks poor sop 7 and nothing special sop 8 performance didn't affect his spot.

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
Despite what Gojira said, this is not the case.
shocking... (not)

So I was just looking at the SoP6-8 results and C!Z finished the same or higher than people he's now below in ALL three of them. Moving him down makes *zero* sense.

I think someone needs to learn how to swallow their ego, especially when it's an ego about a video game.

Gojira

Smash Lord
shocking... (not)

So I was just looking at the SoP6-8 results and C!Z finished the same or higher than people he's now below in ALL three of them. Moving him down makes *zero* sense.

I think someone needs to learn how to swallow their ego, especially when it's an ego about a video game.
You need to realize placings are just a number nothing more. It is who you beat! GOSH DANGIT!!!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
well zac, u need to realize high placings are determined by who u beat. how else would they place so high. in ciz's case, he beat dai-a and junpei, who both beat you. not to mention, dai-a beat nate one again.

i dont want to say this but, zac, u need to get ur head out of ur A$s, cus the list is getting more ridiculous than the last.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Zamoz, I don't know who you are, but I like you. What follows is going to be my honest thoughts on the power rankings, as unbiased as possible, similar to if I was a panelist.
#1 PC: Of course. Not much to argue here :)
#2 CREA: A bit confused on this one. He was 3rd last time and placed worse than that yet he moved UP. w/e though, not that big of a deal.
#3 FtS: I haven't played you in a while, but it kinda seems you've been going down just a bit, and since you and CREA were tied, this sheds more light on why he went up, etc. etc.
#4 HoTT: Considering all the other moves, I'm surprised you didn't move him down one. Then again, 1rst at last tourney was pretty sick...... :).
#5 Rafa-Son: Since he's been active lately, a very good move.
#6 Gojira: Honestly, I don't think you should be this high. I still think I can beat you, at least, and 7, 8, and 9 can if I'm not mistaken. Also, I tied with you this tourney and I went down but you stayed the same.... it is true you've been to a lot of tournaments, but that shouldn't grant you immunity. You should be at best 8th in my honest opinion.
#7 Fallen Prophet: since he's missed now like 30% of his tournaments, moving him down makes sense; but not two spaces.
#8 Dai-A: Crazy smash child. 4th twice in a row (2nd in teams with me :)); this is a good spot. it's good to see him on there :)
#9 C!Z: Why he went down is a mystery. 13th at SoP 7, true, but Gojira you also took 13th.. let's compare. C!Z= 5, 13, 2. A simple average grants 7th or better. Gojira = 7, 13, 7, which averaged make 9th or lower. C!Z should at the very least have stayed the same.. down 2 is completely nonsensical.
#10 Erion: I dunno how he got here. Placing 9th in one tournament doesn't really warrant a #10 spot I would think. The previous 10th (me) over the last three tournaments averages 11th exactly. Honestly, I think Erion has some amazing potential. He pulls insane combos out of no where (0-50% on my ganon w/o getting touched, in teams no less). But, placing 9th in only one tournament during the last 8 or 9 months doesn't warrant a #10 spot. If he took first 3x in a row way back when, I could deal with it. but I doubt that happened.
My power ranking would look like this:
#1 PC
#2 CREA
#3 FtS
#4 Hott (doesn't come to next tourney = moving...getting first last time gives him immunity this time imo :))
#5 Rafa-son
#6 C!Z
#7 Fallen Prophet
#8 Gojira
#9 Dai-A
#10 CdBobo

Mine kind of shafts Dai-A, but... he can deal with it. lol. We could switch him and Gojira, but that's not fair to Gojira, so.. I dunno how to work that out. So there; my honest opinions, as unbiased as I can manage.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
nice argument bobo, but i think ur list could be better.
1.pc
2.crea.
3.fts
4.fallen
5.hott (hope u still love me)
6.ciz
7.rafa
8.dai-a
9.gojira
10.bobo

dai-a beat goji last tournament and he placed higher in the last 2 tournament. maybe ciz and rafa could switch, but his 2nd place is golden. much like hott's 1st place.
and if u guys were wondering why hott fell below fallen is because hott did good 1 tourney where as fallen did good in a lot.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
I agree with laozy First ciz should not have been moved down for placing 2nd in a tournoment. That makes NO sense. Then FP moving down 2 spots for missing one tournoment when hott has been missed a few and didnt move down at all. Those are the only things that stand out a ton. I know my opinon dosent matter much but that just seems crazy.

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
Thanks Bobo. The only person on these boards that's even met me at all is FTS. Me and a friend went and played Smash with him....2 months back? One or two months anyway. (he annihilated both of us haha, but we've gotten quite a bit better, my friend especially)

I haven't been to a single tournament or met any of you so all I've seen are the videos you've posted on youtube etc. and even I could tell this "new" list was jacked. Cdbobo and loazy both had lists that made FAR more sense than the first; though I wouldn't know a better between those two just cause they have minor differences I just wouldn't know anything about.

You need to realize placings are just a number nothing more. It is who you beat! GOSH DANGIT!!!
Ok then. I don't mean this next question to be as rude as it may sound but, who have you beat (within the past 3 tournaments) to warrant you staying where you are on your "new" list?

Top Bottom