• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Best place to post my 2,500th post on! DEFINITELY! HELLOOOOOO SMASH MASTER JOHNKNIGHT1! :)

So ya, Wind Waker Link for Brawl.

Taunts 1: Lon Lon (or now chu jelly) juice, and drinks it down. For the old Young Link's sake! :)
Taunt 2: He pulls out and opens a treasure chest, and then is happy. Then reenters his battle stance.
Taunt 3: Wind Waker Link pulls out the Tingle tuner, and then gets frustrated with it, and puts it away. RanDUMBness! :laugh:

Victory 1: Jumps up and down with joy, just like right after defeating a boss.
Victory 2: Begins swining his sword around like when he gets first gets the Master Sword, and then enters his battle ready position.
Victory 3: Lifts his left hand up to the sky, along with his sword (I think that's the one his Triforce of Courage is on), and the gods shine a light down on him, as his sword beams up towards the sky.
Victory 4: Wind Waker Link hops on the King of Red Lions, and sails off into the sky. VERY UNLIKELY, but cool! :)

Personal Entrance: Wind Waker Link is dropped by a huricane along with the King of Red Lions. Wind Waker Link hops off the King of Red Lions, and the hurricane takes the King of Red Lions off, and they disappear.

So ya! w00t Smash Master, and w00t Wind Waker Link for Brawl. However, he'll be a replacement/revamping of Young Link in Melee, so technically he's a veteran...a secret character veteran. So expect him from December to Febuary peoples! ;)

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
ummm, i like my taunts better but i do admit drinking down a chu chu is too gud 2 resist, and i think your enterance takes too long, maybe a Rito should drop him off? plus TP Link already has a similar entrance with his wind thingy. and as for your victory dances i luv them all!!!!!!!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes it is indeed "too gud 2 resist".

And how do you think he will be involved in the SE? Maybe Snake gets thrown into the sea (Well it is shadow mosse ISLAND) and somehow ends up with WW Link XD

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
He should replace Young Link, most of his attacks should be items you can only get in Wind Waker and Phantomn Hourglass (since they're the same young link), so he doesn't end up looking like too much of a clone of Link.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
ahaha as for SE if any part of the mission you need to cross a huge body of water, TWW Link comes to the rescue!!!!!! ahahahah neat :)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
ahaha as for SE if any part of the mission you need to cross a huge body of water, TWW Link comes to the rescue!!!!!! ahahahah neat :)
For some reason I kind of like that idea. Obviously from there, it could be fleshed out into a semi-logical story, but I'm sure Sakurai can handle that part. Or he can get good old Eiji Aonuma to write/direct that segment of story.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Now, an estimation for when he's revealed... hmm, let's see. It was about 2 weeks ago that Sonic was revealed, right?
Now Dedede is confirmed...
Hypothesizing that characters will keep being updated in this pattern, it goes from obvious/most requested to less obvious/requested, at least roughly.
Thus, I predict with about 1% certainty:

Next update: Krystal ( would be Ridley if Metroid didn't already have two PCs... sort of )
Following update: Ridley ( rawr! )
Then: Cell-shaded Link!
Then Geno... and so on!

There might be random revelations of obvious veterans like Luigi, Falcon, Mewtwo and possibly Marth, though... in fact, it's likely that at least one of those will come before CS Link. Thus, I predict his update in... 9 weeks!
Yea, Now that 4 out of all the characters that had been voted for multiple times, it gives more hope that Sakurai will include most of them in the game. Therefore, WW Link is sure to be in. Now it's only a matter of time before it gets announced... >.>

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget about Four Swords and Minish Cap!
Yea. It would be really cool if they use the whole 4 Links team attack as a Final Smash.

And the Gust of Jar item from Minish Cap, it could swallow nearby items or something, and shoot it back out the opponent.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
I think I like the Ballad of Gales as a Final Smash better.

That said, WW Link for Brawl.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
i'm kind of confused. why do people like this ww link so much. why is he so special
That's a good question, but you could also ask, why do people like ridley so much, why do people like geno so much, why are they so special?

Well, the reason I like WW Link so much is he has cool appearance and personality. He is the first Link to really stand out in a cool way. His fighting style and weapons from WW were really cool and creative. Playing the game Wind Waker was really fun, and a big part of it was because you had to play as a cool main protaganist like him. And that would be the same if he was included in Brawl.

That being said, everybody has different and opinions and thoughts on characters, some with long and complex reasons and others with simple "He's just so awesome!!" reasons.

WW for Brawl!!

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I agree. WW Link has been able to express his feelings so well through his animations it makes you wonder why anyone wants him to talk. He is much easier to identify with than any other Link, and this is important for the very meaning of his name is to connect the player to the game.

I don't care what they think. Wind Waker Link's gonna be in Brawl, no question about it. There is not a doubt in my mind that Wind Waker Link will be a playable character in Brawl. And he will kick ***, and us fans will love him, and the haters will weep in their loss.

Having said that, a thought occurred to me. There may be a chance that Sakurai may not put EVERY single drop of information about Brawl on the Dojo, but rather will hold off on unlockable characters, items, stages, story and the like so they can be a surprise for the players and not spoiling the game. Even if WW Link isn't a default unlocked character, and isn't shown on the Dojo anytime in the next 69 days, he'll still be unlockable.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well of course he wont put EVERYTHING but likely most of the important stuff and with that I bid you: WW Link for Brawl.!

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
"There are more worthy Zelda characters."
Sort of.

First: Note that the Zelda series has 5 characters in Melee. 3 are the obvious holders of the Triforce. One is Sheik. And one is Young Link.
Sheik might leave ( this is not the topic to debate this ), and even if he/she/it/potato doesn't, who knows whether there won't be even one more representative? With that in mind, let's look at some candidates.

Midna: Midna is someone I'd characterize as likely. She has everything going for her that she needs, besides recurrence. And that hasn't stopped other characters.
Nothing really to comment. But she is just a sidekick, a cool one but a sidekick.
Tingle: Wasn't unlikely, but is really just comic relief and was shown in a manner that suggests a non-playable status.
No, not Tingle. I hate him with passion! I drown him in great bay!
Skull Kid: A good choice, but obscure. He never really gained notoriety. If he wasn't in in Melee, I doubt that he'll make it.
One of the others that deserves it much more than another Link and is quite cool.
Vaati: Has recurrence, but not a whole lot else. If I remember correctly, he was a main villain once, then used by Ganondorf. He seems like a filler villain and probably also failed to really become popular.
Actually, twice main villian and once boss before last boss, but he made Ganon powerful enuf to be last boss so it´s ok. He is the second most reoccuring vilian in Zelda series. That´s why he tops Skull Kid.
Sheik: Is popular for being cheap.
Sheik should be Zeldas costume noting more.
I don't know about you, but I find one of those actually likely and think that Tingle could still be playable. I also think that 5 Zelda characters are a given and that it could be that Zelda gets 6 or even more.
So, honestly, where is the problem?
My Zelda character ranks:

1.Link
2.Zelda+Shiek
3.Ganondorf
4.Vaati (three games as main character two time main villian ond one time secondary villian)
5.Skull Kid (one time villian and two time fiend)
6. Midna (sidekick<villian)/another Link
7.Tingle

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But you have to remember that Vaati was only in the 3 most minor Zelda games in the series... two of which were spin off party games and not even 2 thirds of the games he has been in are made by Nintendo.

Just saying that he isn't as great as the supporters make him out to be.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
But you have to remember that Vaati was only in the 3 most minor Zelda games in the series... two of which were spin off party games and not even 2 thirds of the games he has been in are made by Nintendo.

Just saying that he isn't as great as the supporters make him out to be.
Sitll, they are good Zelda games. FS and FSA where the most minor ZELDA games, but not minor games, jus avrage. And the Minish Cap was great if I remember correctly

And Vaati would still give more than another Link.!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats purely opinionated so don't try and force your opinion onto me because I believe that WW Link would bring much more than Vaati.

And yet WW Link has actually been the Link in all of those games : P and two others 2 of which were miles better than those Zelda games.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Thats purely opinionated so don't try and force your opinion onto me because I believe that WW Link would bring much more than Vaati.

And yet WW Link has actually been the Link in all of those games : P and two others 2 of which were miles better than those Zelda games.
Sutch a wrong statement. WW Link has been in WW and PH. The chibistyle link that have been used for recent handhelds design has been in all those games. The only other Link I could agree on was if he used the Masks from MM (deku, zora and goron).

Original characters are better than clones! And Brawl need more mages than Zelda only (psycics doen´t count).

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. Psychics do count.
2. His design... which has been adopted and is associated with WW Link.
3. Who da **** said WW Link would be a clone!?
4. Dont worry by the looks of things there are a lot more mages competing for the spot.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I like WW Link far better than any other Link design.
Cartoons > Pretty boy elves

But having 2 Links in the game just makes me sick. Letting Link have 2 spots just makes the game less varied.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it happen to only character it wouldn't really be the end of the world would it..but I see what you're saying.

But people need to remember that WW Link and TP Link are not the same person. They just happen to have the same name and same clothes. But as a character they are completly different, plus they don't even look the same.
TP Link, Oot Link, Oot young Link, and MM young Link: Now these are the same characters because they came from the same timeline, they look alike, etc.
But WW Link is a different character from 10 years later. So they can't really be considered as the same character, except that they are the protaganist of a zelda game.

If you guys want to go with that theory, than the same thing can be said for a characters like Luigi, or Sheik (But she wouldn't be taking a spot).
I'm not sure you see my point, but that's what I think.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
hey, I found some WW haters that need a good flamin!!!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124432

Okay but your not the one who closes the threads and besides this wasn't a WW Link thread it was to find out why people wanted WW Link or Paper Mario or if they agreed w/ me that none deserve to be in Brawl. If I remember right King weren't most the people agreeing with me that niether should be in Brawl. But will never know the result now. I'll just say I won.:chuckle:

By the way I'm the one who started that thread he linked you guys too.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
This guy really needs to be in the game. This gives us a character who isn't just another TP face.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I don't support cel-shaded Link. It'd just be weird to have all these highly detailed characters running around, then cel-Link, who's flat.
I do support the younger, REAL Link. Link should have been young in the 64 version. WW Link is the most likely candidate for Brawl's Real Link, so I support him. He just shouldn't be cel-shaded.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I think people dont want cartoon children as playable and thats the main reason people are against him. No one wants to play as a child, let alone one in cell animation thats already in the game in another shape or form ie - TP Link.

Not what I think but what ive seen from others. Like with Lucario I am one of the few people thats entirely neutral to the thought of C.S.L. being playable.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
While I was thinking about Brawl, I found some thoughts about Young Link deserving a spot or not, and came up with that. This is why I think WW Link will be or should be in Brawl:
(This has probably been said before but i'll write it anyways)

1. The game Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Gamcube's first Zelda game, which was a big success and made it's mark in the series. Creating Link's new design and character for his future games, resulting a sequel where the story actually continues from the other game, and so on. Now, even though there was some haters and whiners about the new Zelda attempt, this game turned to be a true Masterpiece and can be actually portrate as as good as Zelda Oot and TP or almost as good. The game in general and the visual is far from being the same as some other Zelda game (Dark and Serious theme and visuals); you could almost call it its own series. Therefore, a Windwaker rep has to make it in Brawl, or else it would be totally ignoring a brilliant game and what it has done to the series so far. Putting them as AT would be completly disgracing them, and making the game seem that it is not as important as Zelda games like Oot and TP. Well, with the Phantom Hourglass title it shows that they did not forget this game. And with the success that only game made, it boosts WW Link's chances.

2. Young Link = true face of Zelda // Adult Link = face of 2 Zelda games??

This actually annoys me a little how Adult Link always seem to be the first one to get in (or only one), when Young Link has been in more games than he did. Even the same WW designed Link has been in more games, and the same Young Link from that timeline has been in the same amount of games (If you're not counting the mask transformation). You're probably thinking "Who cares about the age, Link is Link!". Now, imagine if they were to put Baby Mario in Brawl and not Mario, what would you think about that?? Of course, the more "badass" and cool character has to go first, right...? >.>

If Young Link is permenantly cut from the game or he doesn't get replace by WW Link, than that would be a really dumb decision to make. However, Sakurai is a smart guy, so I don't worry too much.
Oh and for people who think cel-shading is bad idea. Well, WW Link doesn't need to be Cel-shaded (Which was said many times), as long has he has the cartoony look. And that's not hard to do, look at Lucas and the Ice Climbers, they're not really realistic and they still relate to the others.

Whew... Sorry for the long post...-__-

Top Bottom