• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
*In Announcer's voice* MR...GAME! and WATCH!
doesnt really seem that long (but when u look at the name i guess it does) when u think about it tho. look at the syllables: 4. Cap-Tain-Fal-Con: 4. n in the selection screen they might just put "H. Winds" or something O_o
Yea, you make a point here. But I dont know, saying "the winner, Hero of Winds!" referring to Link, would be kind of weird.

Also, I'm sure they're going to change Ganondorf (Movewise included) and obviously still call him Ganondorf. So that would also be the case for WW Link.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
good job :p
ww link IS literatly HALF of the series also , for a big series like that...oh and lol at the shiek comment "she's popular for being cheap" now we can get 4 LOZ reps (ww link , link , zelda/shiek / ganondorf) and maybe vaati or midna for the fifth if the extra movesets dont slow it down , anyhow good job ^_^.
~Thirdkoopa.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Yup,

Not adding Young Link and adding Adult Link is like not adding Full suit Samus and adding Zero Suit Samus. (Well,.. the way I see it:p)

WW Link for Brawl!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Yea, you make a point here. But I dont know, saying "the winner, Hero of Winds!" referring to Link, would be kind of weird.

Also, I'm sure they're going to change Ganondorf (Movewise included) and obviously still call him Ganondorf. So that would also be the case for WW Link.
well, in Melee the Announcer never said "the winner is". but it would be kind of weird i guess
haha dude u rock

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
WIN! Just Win! I swear to God, you need a trophy for that. You sir, are a WINNER! :)

Here is your trophy...

TINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz' he's cel-shaded, AND IN DA' BRAWLz! :lick: Okay, maybe it's a little creppy and all. But it's cel-shaded! :grin: Maybe you could leave it at a friend's house to scare them! :laugh:

And Wind Waker Link will be dubbed "Young Link". Replace the old, while revamping him= the Wind Waker Link version of Young Link (in BrawL!). :)

Firebert

Smash Ace
Awesome. I'm all for this as long as he's got some aspects from Phantom Hourglass, the Wind Waker sequel. Which btw is the best game on the DS right now. There are a few items from that game I could see him using...

You have my support!
I agree. This would be a pretty interesting addition as a new Link.

Caael

Smash Lord
WIN! Just Win! I swear to God, you need a trophy for that. You sir, are a WINNER! :)

Here is your trophy...

-snip-

TINGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz' he's cel-shaded, AND IN DA' BRAWLz! :lick: Okay, maybe it's a little creppy and all. But it's cel-shaded! :grin: Maybe you could leave it at a friend's house to scare them! :laugh:

And Wind Waker Link will be dubbed "Young Link". Replace the old, while revamping him= the Wind Waker Link version of Young Link (in BrawL!). :)G]
I want the banana trophy.

I really dont see anything holding Cel link back now. His style has been in a good 4 games now, and even adult link hasn't stayed the same that long. The longest normal Link has stayed the same was in OoT and MM, when he was young. So really, Cel Link deserves to make it.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I want the banana trophy.

I really dont see anything holding Cel link back now. His style has been in a good 4 games now, and even adult link hasn't stayed the same that long. The longest normal Link has stayed the same was in OoT and MM, when he was young. So really, Cel Link deserves to make it.
Yup, yup that's true. I don't see why he shouldn't be included either. If they don't include him, it's like they're forgetting or ignoring all his succesful games.

Lol. Who is that banana guy anyways?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Something i just thought (QUOTED)

I have just thought something:

Link and WWLink aren't from the same time line.

WWlink wasn't even a hero! He became a hero acidentaly!

So Link and WWlink are TOTALLY DIFERENT CHARACTERS! (not like link/younglink, but this diference made the 2 temporal lines of OOT)

What do you think?

Also, ness is returning, deal with it XD

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I just hope Sakurai doesn't have this bad misconception that Americans hate the WW style. Even with all the backlash, the game still sold like a 3 million copies or something. Apparently there are a few of us aren't stupid or blind. (Which is what you have to be to not be able to appreciate the style.) It's possible he might think the character isn't very universally wanted.

For some reason I feel that he's got a shot, but I'm not sure if it's just me (us), or if Sakurai is really OK with including multiple versions of a character. I guess we got two Samus's. I'd say it's a sure thing, but there's just SOOO much competition for spots... or at least you'd think.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Also... why cant being the upb the claw (well, i don't know how it's called in english), it gets in something and you bounces to the stage :D

Or the deku leaf xD

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^^Yeah, it could be the claw (hookshot), grappling hook, or the Deku leaf. Did someone say it couldn't?

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I just hope Sakurai doesn't have this bad misconception that Americans hate the WW style. Even with all the backlash, the game still sold like a 3 million copies or something. Apparently there are a few of us aren't stupid or blind. (Which is what you have to be to not be able to appreciate the style.) It's possible he might think the character isn't very universally wanted.

For some reason I feel that he's got a shot, but I'm not sure if it's just me (us), or if Sakurai is really OK with including multiple versions of a character. I guess we got two Samus's. I'd say it's a sure thing, but there's just SOOO much competition for spots... or at least you'd think.
That's one of thing I'm afraid of as well. I really hope he doesn't think like that, and realizes that he is deserves a spot in there way more than adult link. (More games, uniqueness, character, etc.)

Something i just thought (QUOTED)

I have just thought something:

Link and WWLink aren't from the same time line.

WWlink wasn't even a hero! He became a hero acidentaly!

So Link and WWlink are TOTALLY DIFERENT CHARACTERS! (not like link/younglink, but this diference made the 2 temporal lines of OOT)

What do you think?

Also, ness is returning, deal with it XD
That's right. He should also see that there are not the same character, they just have the same name, clothes and weapon. And that's it.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
i finished PH today. freakin awesome-sauce game! i <3 Eiji + Shigeru!

anyway, the items of that game could easily be made into a moveset: grapple, hammer, bombchu, shovel................................

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Wind Waker Link- It always kind of irked me how adult Link seems to keep getting the smash bros loving when he's only been in two games of the whole series. Young Link( wind waker style) deserves rep far more than adult in my opinion.
This guy posted this on another thread. And I agree with him. Adult Link has been getting so much attention and he has done so little. How is that?
Probably because people find him way cooler (It's always about popularity sometimes -__-).
Well, I like and respect Y. Link (Especially in WW style) way more than adult link. Unfortunatly, I'm one of the few people who thinks so too...

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if that's what you meant, but yea, I guess you're right. The Links from the older games were more adolescent, then kids like the Wind Waker one. However, I would still represent them as Young Link, because they still look a lot Younger than the Adult one from OoT and TP.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Bump for our just and noble cause!

I... love WW Link. I don't know, it's weird I have an attachment to him. Am I creepy? I hope I'm not the only one.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I... love WW Link. I don't know, it's weird I have an attachment to him. Am I creepy? I hope I'm not the only one.
I know wat you mean man. It's kinda wierd...I just like him because he's aoriginal, fun character, who has smooth moves, has the stealth of a the SNAKE, and has the sword skillz that all other Young Links wets his pants in fear of! :laugh:

And for the moves....I still support my newest movest. I am VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY WITH IT! :)

Originally Posted by THE SUPER AWSOME JOHNKNIGHT1!
~Johnknight 1's Wind Waker Link moveset Version 2 (yes, I finally upgraded to original character, seeing as how Brawl is inebitatbly delayed for 2008)

B moveset:

uB: Spin Attack: He takes YL's old spin attack, but puts his own spin on it. Simply put, it does more damage, makes the opponent fly at a 45 degree angle either way, and have muvh better impact. Also, it is a much more hieght-based recovery then YL's, and goes much higher. It is also chargeable. Charge it for anything less than max, and all it does is increase number the number of hits=more damage (btw, this move is like aupgrade of YL's spin attack). But it once charged for two seconds, Wind Waker Link's sword has a yellow/goldish aura (like in the Wind Waker), and he can unleash the hurricane spin. You can move while charging (you hold down the B button, and tap the control stick to mpove; you cannont jump within this time) Then, Wind Waker Link goes around spinning in circles. You either get hit by this once (getting hit at a 45 degree angle, and taking 5% damage), or get hit by it a thousand times. The total damage of this attack equals 30 damage, but that isn't hte worst of it.

Wind Waker Link has super armor when doing this move, and it can't be stopped. He is vulnerable to damage AND ALL PROJECTILES DURING THIS TIME. If you do let's say PK Fire, and it hits Wind Waker Link, it's effect hurts him, but does not effect him. If you time the attack right, you can hit him while he's invincible, but once he turns vulnerable, the after effect (like lets say, burn effect) impacts Wind Waker Link. Anyways, the final smash is a very KOable move if you are in the 80% damage up. However, after this attack Wind Waker Link is dizzy, and completely vulnerable for 2 seconds. Once hurt, he can move freely, or once the time is up. This move takes a long time to charge, is very powerful, but the after effect is very bad, as well as being hurt by porjectiles. Good for small stages, but maybe not very useful, per se.

fB: Skull Hammer: on ground: YL quickly pulls out his hammer, similar to Kirb'y hammer, but better, and he pulls it over his head to the ground. He pulls it out much faster, and the attack can be charged, in a very Icel Climber forward smash kinda way. It does a good amount of damage, great impact (great for edge guarding), but is kind laggy. Not as laggy as Kirby's hammer (that was a pathetic move), but still semi-laggy. Also, it has GREAT RANGE!

in air: Wind Waker Link quickly pullls out the (M.C.) Hammer, and swings it sideways. Good move, great damage, well below avearge impact. It has quite some lag, but it is very bearable. Great for charging at opponents with. Also has great range.

nB: Bow and Arrow: Link pulls out his arrows, and charges it. I know Link has this move, but he instantly shoots straight. For Wind Waker Link, he does the same, but you can charge it (IDK if Link can or not), and you stay implanted. The upside is you can shoot up to a 45 degree angle, up or down. It is somewat laggy, but it could stil lbe a very useful move. Also, the burn effect adds a couple of damage, as well as it causes about average stun.

dB: Dekui Leaf: Yes, the Deku Leaf. That leaf that allows you to fly. It could be a great, original move.

In air: Wind Waker Link begins gliding up for a while, and then descends. He goes up about as much as his second jump, but it takes about 30 frames to do so. (or 1/2 a second) He then gradually begins to descend. Opponents hit by Wind Waker Link take a bit of damage, but this move has great (comboable) stun (not KOable stun). Good for mindgames in recovery, since it can be used. Someat like Peach's parasol, but it doesn't descned as fast, it goes from side to side slower, and it actually ascends, and can be used right before the uB and tether recovery.

On land: Wind Waker Link pulls out the Deku Leaf, and pulls it over his head. Simply put, he pulls it out fast, and it does little damage, but GREAT IMPACT (Ko able if they get hit by the leaf). This move cause a giant air gust of Wind, which travels like a projectile. The move does well below avearge damage, but the impact almost makes up for it. The gust goes until the end of the stage, and goes about as fast as Link's Gale Boomerang (in Brawl, that is=when it's fastest). Also, if the opponent is hit by the leaf, it does above average damage, but the impact can be KOable. Sorta like Luigi's uB or Jigg's dB, definitely. Has below average lag, and can be done repeatidly pretty fast (about as fast as Link's boomerang to arrows).

A moveset:

A, A, A, A, A: Forward down slash, up slash, left to right slash (the last does decent damage). However, WW Link has something original. He then leads with a verticle low down to high up slash, and finishes with a jump slash.

fA: Link does a left to right slash, that goes very fast, and does above average damage, but below average stun.

down tilt: Link does a up to down slash (very) qickly, with well below average lag. It does some damage (not much=below avearge damage), but it does above average stun. Could potentially be a very good combo move.

up titlt: Wind Waker Link does a horizontal slash up, that does great damage, and average impact. Its sorta like Marth's, but ya know, it goes sideways and up, and down. It can be followed up, but can't really be used repeatidly (good) like Fox's up tilt, or Link's. It's more of a move that sets a follow up, and combos. And it is a good move, definitely ;)

forward smash: Wind Waker Link takes two brutal slices sideways (left to right, and then right to left). It hits the opponent at around a 70 or so degree angle (but they only go maybe like 10 feet in the 20's damage when charged for 30 frames). Without charge it does average impact, well below average damage, and some potential lead up. Has little edge guarding potential. However, when charged it has good impact (that can lead to a KOable move), a little below average damage, and little comboabilitiy in low damage %, but much more, later on. A move to keep in mind, but isn't a high prioriety move, per se.

down smash: Wind Waker Link does a stab forward (at a down 45 degree angle), and then turns around and does the same. Does above average damage, little stun, and has pratically no comboability, outside of team play. It has somwat little lag. It is very useful in team play, and can be great for keeping the distance between you and your opponent(s)/spacing.

up smash: Wind Waker Link swordplants up (all on the ground). Does decent (somewat below average damage), but has great impact, enough to hit the opponent down on the ground (like 10 feet away). Can be comboable if led with a proper A air move. Also has below average lag (though not by much). Definitely worth using in the 40 to 60 percentiles.

nAir: Wind Waker Link stabs forward, and thrusts forward. Does a bit below average damage, with some impact, but it is very KOable. A good move that can be led to with a dAir, and eventuall become a combo. Must be timed properly, as it isn't a very long attack.

fAir: Wind Waker Link slices from above his head straight down, and spins, doing a backflip (all in air, and really fast). Has a little bit below average lag, and does great damage. This move is also a spike, and is very powerful and useful. It's basically one of the A button commands from the Wind Waker, and is a very powerful move. It is somewat comboable, though it's more useful as a spike and a one hit damage move. One of the least laggy spikes, it would be a good move all aorund. However, you drop drastically, and need to be careful when doing this over the ledge. You might need Wind Waker Link's tether recovery to recover if you miss (if you hit your opponent, you bounce up a little).

uAir: Wind Waker Link leans back, and quickly swipes his sword (in the upward angle). He swings his sword from one side above him, to another. This move does below avearge damage, but above average stun. When timed properly, you can pull off two when your opponent is stunned, and in low damage percentages (just like Ness' uAir). It very comboable with the same attack, or other air and land attacks (again, just like Ness' uAir). Very comboable, desipte lacking damage and major impact. Definitely a attack that you should use, and it could be a very useful attack.

dAir: Wind Waker Link does the signature swordplant. Basically it is the move Wind Waker Link did to Ganondorf at the end of the Wind Waker. Basically, it's very unlike Link's. Link stabs his opponent with this move. However, unlike Link's, you can't do it over and over again. It causs you to DI down as fast as the fastest fast faller (Wind Waker Link drops at a semi-fast falling rate). It does massive damage. Anyways, you stab your opponent, and if it hits, the sword gets implanted in them, and then Wind Waker Link pulls it out (while on their head/body), and backflips off them. Does massive damage, and knocks them down afterwards (they fall like the just fainted, though they can come right up). This move is basically not comboable at all. Anyways, if your opponent shields, Wind Waker Link stab hits the shield, and falls next to your opponent (if at a angle). If you hit them straight on, Wind Waker Link bounces up a little (just about 3 feet).

High prioriety attack, with a bit abover average lag (still very useable). AFter requiring the time to take out his sword, the move goes really fast, at you can cancel it by jumping, using your Zair, clicking another A air attack, or by tapping up on the control stick (or X or Y, even if you don't have your 2nd jump left). This move, simply put is great, and is a Wind Waker Link signature move. In other words, it is to Wind Waker Link what the knee is to Ganondorf and Captin Falcon. It's the anit-Ganondorf, just like it was in the Wind Waker. ;) This is also not a spike. It is a single hit damage move. His spike is his fAir.

Zair: Wind Waker Link quickly pulls out his grapple, and throws it really fasst. Does minimal damage, and is barely comboable in 1 vs 1.'s (great for 2 vs 2's). Has well above average impact, but below average damage. Also, it has very little lag, and the extension time is very fast. Also has amazing range, and the damage increases with range.

It's also his tether (grab) recovery, and about as long as Zero Suit Samus' whip. Possibly (if not the) best tether recovery, it is very useful, and can be followed with the Deku Leaf, OR the spin attack. This is really a must use attack for recoevery, as it will save you time and time again. You must master this in order to use Wind Waker Link at his full potential. Definitely a good move.

Running A: Wind Waker Link does one of Link's signature moves: The Jumping SLASH! Simply put, it lags well above the average running A attack, but it does a bit above average damage, below average impact, but it is a GREAT COMBO move (especially if you follow with a aerial attack, or the same attack). Great move to use, and is and can be very useful.

Grabs:

Grab: Link pulls out his hooshot, and shoots it out. You can push Z again to cancel it, and have the hookshot instantly begin pulling back (like in all the Zeldas, like the Wind Waker0. Has above average lag if missed, but not by much. ;) It isn't as long as Samus' grapple beam or Link's (double) clawshot)s), but it's very useful, and much faster.

Hits: Link holds them down (hookshot has their torso), and he smacks them with his sword. Does a tad bit above average damage, and has well above average grab time, since it has so many negative consequences (to cancel it out).

forward throw: Wind Waker Link pushes them, and grabs his skull hammer, and hits them (while still holding them with the hookshot, and he always releases them just in time for them to feel the impact and damage. Does major damage, but little impact (shoots them straight down). Great for racking damage, but not for combos.

back throw: Wind Waker Link slashes them while doing a 180 spin, and the slash goes the whole way through. Does a bit below average damage, but has great impact, that could potential be comboalbe, leading to KOs. Great in the higher percentages.

up throw: Wind Waker Link throws his opponent up (somehow, with his little child strength), and then (up) swordplants them up. Does good damage, and decent stun (more then enough to get away from). Great combo grab move in the 30 to 70 percentiles, with great combo possibilites. Definitely worth using.

down throw: WInd Waker Link throws his opponent down, and chucks a bomb at them (I had to use bombs somewhere, and where better=???). This does well below average damage, and about average stun. However, this move is great above the 50 damage percentiles. Because then, your opponent bounces off the ground (and goes off the ground about 4 feet after slamming again the ground, and you can do major damage to them, or combo them. Be warned though: teching can get them out of it, though it is hard to time (teching in this situation, that is). Definitely the perfect damage racker grab. Definitely.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: Wind Waker Link begins jumping up and down with happiness, like he does when he defeats a boss. A bit longer then the average taunt.

Taunt 2: Wind Waker Link Drinks his Chu Chu Juice, or watever. Maybe Lon Lon Ranch Milk for the heck of keeping YLink's old taunt from Melee. In other words, a recration (though hopefully it's shorter). VERYYYY LOOONNNNGGG (hopefully it's much shorter).

Taunt 3: Wind Waker Link enters a funny pose, just like he does when he first recieves the Master Sword. Sorta like Link's SSB64 taunt. Shorter then the average taunt, by somewat of a good extent.

Final Smash: Wind Waker Link pulls out the Wind Waker, and plays the Ballad of Gales. Suddenly, the King of Red Lions appears out of nowhere, and Link hops on it, and the sail plops open. Then a giant cyclone comes, and lifts Wind Waker Link and the King of Red Lions up. Then, you can freely fly, and bump enemies, as the wind sucks them in towards you. Running into them does massive damage (depending on the speed), and if they're sucked in at the end of this final smash, they get throw up with the cyclone. IF the opponent is above 50% damage then, they inedbitably die. It is hard to avoid this move, but it is still possible. I had to use something to fully copy the game, and I think this works great! :)
Any thoughts on my moveset/improvements/questions=??? I think that movest smells....WIN! :)

Young Link (cel-shaded) for da Brawlz'! :)

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a Cel-shaded Link in Brawl for one very important reason:
Skill.

I mean, imagine the thought of a cel-shaded character in any of the current Melee stages. It's just... Unbelievable!

It would defy reality to me... It's sort of like seeing real world items in Pikmin 2. That totally caught me off guard. It was like the game characters I loved so much were finally on my battle ground. It's a great feeling really.

Imagine normal looking characters in a cartoonish Wind Waker world! That's mind boggling!

I approve of cel-shaded link, just because of graphical awe that will befall me with his inclusion. I say, yay.

Also, that stage idea is brilliant. That was one truly epic final boss battle.

And one last thing to spark your interest... If we see an alternate Link... What are the chances... of an alternate Zelda? ...Tetra? Anyone?

Gotann

Smash Apprentice

Lol. Me three, you're not the only one. WW Link is one of the main reason why Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game (Yup. I like it better than OoT ^^) . His character, expressions, his unusual (but cool) items, and so on, makes him a great character.

And JohnKnight, your moveset are awesome. It would be cool if his moveset to be something.
Other non-Wind Waker items he could have: Gust of Jar, Cane of Pacci
Other Final Smash he could have:
-Could be simply his cyclone spin attack, then he gets dizzy afterwards
-Four Sword Attack(Summons three other Links): Either they go free roam by themselves helping you out/ or all Links makes a tower by jumping on each other, and they perform a cyclone spin attack.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
-Four Sword Attack(Summons three other Links): Either they go free roam by themselves helping you out/ or all Links makes a tower by jumping on each other, and they perform a cyclone spin attack.
I think the four swords idea is great.
Perhaps a computer should control the other 3 Link and they attack the same character as the player.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
do you guys remember WW links tornado strike? what if you had the ability to keep it going and going till you got dizzy? I would find that to be a fun >B. the ^B should definatly be his deku leaf.

Fawriel

Smash Master

You're not the only one.
You should, however, be careful when voicing such things. There are people who take any sort of attachment like that as a fetish.

"Oo, Wikipedia, your wealth of information is so full and... lush.......... rawr."

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^^Ha, yeah I figured... but I know most of the people who post in this thread are pretty cool. Let's get one thing straight. (as far as I know, this applies to most of us.) We don't have like an attachment to WW Link as in we want to be... friends with him, or be with him... it's more like we feel like when we play as him... it's like we are him. He reminds us of our younger selves in a perhaps more innocent time in life, or just a made up life we never had. Also just fun loving, and ready to explore the world. Oh, and he just has spirit like no other! He goes in there without hesitation and kicks gigantic monster arse!!!

Yeah, it sounds kinda fruity, but the simple joy of playing around in WW goes so much further than just the puzzles and boss fights. There are meaningful moments in the game that stand to further deepen the characters and make them likable. (I like Tetra quite a lot too, btw.)

Plus the game is just down right gorgeous and runs smooth as glass! So when when is Sakurai going to announce WW Link? Any predictions? (I think mine was a broad prediction of "sometime before Dec. 31st.")

(Hopefully I explained myself so no one will think something stupid about my posts.)

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
^^^Ha, yeah I figured... but I know most of the people who post in this thread are pretty cool. Let's get one thing straight. (as far as I know, this applies to most of us.) We don't have like an attachment to WW Link as in we want to be... friends with him, or be with him... it's more like we feel like when we play as him... it's like we are him. He reminds us of our younger selves in a perhaps more innocent time in life, or just a made up life we never had. Also just fun loving, and ready to explore the world. Oh, and he just has spirit like no other! He goes in there without hesitation and kicks gigantic monster arse!!!

Yeah, it sounds kinda fruity, but the simple joy of playing around in WW goes so much further than just the puzzles and boss fights. There are meaningful moments in the game that stand to further deepen the characters and make them likable. (I like Tetra quite a lot too, btw.)

Plus the game is just down right gorgeous and runs smooth as glass! So when when is Sakurai going to announce WW Link? Any predictions? (I think mine was a broad prediction of "sometime before Dec. 31st.")

(Hopefully I explained myself so no one will think something stupid about my posts.)
Wow, it's like you read my mind, not only do I like the character, but I do feel an attachment to him as when I was younger sometimes (Two examples, I don't talk a lot, and I'm Left-Handed XD) Anyways, nice post I liked it.

As for an announcement, I say tomorrow! WW Link for Brawl!!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
^^^Cool cool. I'm with you on hoping for a Cel Shaded Announcement tomorrow!

I don't know if there's been much discussion on this already, sometimes I miss a page here and there, (at least in the old thread) but how much weight do you think this has?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

Read the bottom list. (on the first post) WW Link has 3 "recommendations" which means there are only 5 characters that have had more according to this. Two of those are now confirmed characters. Does this bode well for WW Link? I'm inclined to say... YES. (Though it still doesn't necessarily mean Sakurai cares, it DOES apparently confirm that Sakurai is well aware of the desire for this character.)

Actually I may be interpreting those numbers all wrong. I wish someone would explain Sakurai's Poll and the surrounding events in much greater detail. I'm also a pretty big fan of Megaman, and I think he has pretty good chances as well. I'd like to know exactly what I can glean from this information. (Why is Sonic not on the list? I thought he was the most wanted or something? Megaman is third party, so it can't be that... hmm...)

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
of course the stuff on sakurai's poll bodes well for WW link's chances. the other characters sitting pretty on 3 mentions are takamaru, olimar and krystal; 3 characters who stand an extremely high chance of making the cut. not to mention that fact that lucas got in while being japan only and with 2 mentions.

go WW link!

Fawriel

Smash Master

You put it perfectly. That is exactly why I main Young Link... despite the fact that I'm not actually good with him.
And this style just makes him so much better still!
The only potential character I could possibly identify with more........................ would be an Elite Beat Agent. *crosses arms and nods mysteriously*

Now, an estimation for when he's revealed... hmm, let's see. It was about 2 weeks ago that Sonic was revealed, right?
Now Dedede is confirmed...
Hypothesizing that characters will keep being updated in this pattern, it goes from obvious/most requested to less obvious/requested, at least roughly.
Thus, I predict with about 1% certainty:

Next update: Krystal ( would be Ridley if Metroid didn't already have two PCs... sort of )
Following update: Ridley ( rawr! )
Then: Cell-shaded Link!
Then Geno... and so on!

There might be random revelations of obvious veterans like Luigi, Falcon, Mewtwo and possibly Marth, though... in fact, it's likely that at least one of those will come before CS Link. Thus, I predict his update in... 9 weeks!

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
here is my moveset for The Wind Waker Link

i think all of TWW Link standard moves should be the same as TP link considering they have the same moves in the game. the only diff of coarse would be he would be faster and much shorter just like Young Link BUT instead he would be the equal strength of TP!!!!! maybe i'm going crazy with this idea but TWW Link was able to defeat Ganondorf just as like Tp Link did so why should he be any weaker? maybe to balance it out TWW Link would be very light wieght and easy to knock off.

as for his specials
UP B would be his normal spin atk but if fully charged he will unleash his hurricane atk and would be able to move a little from left to right and then Link temporally becomes dizzy for 2 secs.

Standard B would be his arrows but instead would randomly fire ice or fire arrows, and on very very rare occasions fire a light arrow which is extremely powerful!!!!

Foward B would be his unique Deku Leaf. Link would simply flap the leaf infront of him causing any1 infront of him to be pushed back giving room for Link to charge his Up B. if Link does this move and the leaf makes contact with another player it would cause minimal dmg and stun the enemy for 2 secs. AND if you use this move in the air Link will start to glide with the Deku Leaf just like in the game!!!

Down B wont be the bombs, why you may ask because there is no significant diff between TP and TWW bombs. instead his Down B move would be the move that semi-revolutionized the zelda series which is his parry atk! much like Marth & Roy's counter move instead Link will randomly roll behind the enemy and jump upwards slashing the enemy's backside or perform a jump flip over the opponent's head while slicling the head.

his grab would obviously be the Hookshot but depending on the size of whatever Link is targetting with the Hookshot, he would either be pulled towards it or it pulled towards him(example if used on Bowser he would be pulled towards him, if used on Kirby, Kirby would be the one pulled) ALSO if you use this move in the air instead of the Hookshot you are treated with the Graple Hook!!

also i noticed that Snake and Wario both seemed to look like they had crawling abilities in the trailer vids. wheather or not all characters can do this or a certain few i suggest TWW Link gets this ability as well since i luved crawl hunting for pigs!!!

and as an added bonus i also came up with his 3 taunts. 1st taunt would simply be Link with a huge smile closing his eyes while scratching the back of his head like he accidentally overdid something maybe accidentally OWNED YOU!!!!!!

2nd taunt would be the very respectful bow he did while training with Orca

and finally the 3rd taunt would be he takes out his telescope that his lil sis gave to him and starts looking around. what is he looking for? ships? treasure? or maybe a worthy opponenet?

EDIT
HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT HIS FINAL SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
his should be he takes out his Wind Waker Baton and starts composing away blowing a very very powerful wind from a random direction causing all but Link to get blown off the stage because Link is wearing the Iron Boots!!! he is called the Hero of Winds for a reason

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
and finally the 3rd taunt would be he takes out his telescope that his lil sis gave to him and starts looking around. what is he looking for? ships? treasure? or maybe a worthy opponenet?
..........................treasure. yea, gotta be treasure.

Top Bottom