• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official TGC Event #2! 137 entrants! Houston, Tx ( 4-25-2015)! MEWTWO BREAKS TOP 3!!!!

samboner

Smash Rookie
Great tournament. Got bodied in dubz
you got bodied by Mewtwo too. man I miss your beard. you better come to tgc 3 so I can touch it some more. I'm pretty sure it was you that bodied the bathrooms too jk. did you hide the granola bars in your beard? Also, tell bruce to bring kolaches next time. youre gonna team with my brother & ill team with bruce? it was awesome finally meeting you guys after all these years :3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tbh Krebs, I stopped recording because I felt you had it taken care of and do a damn fantastic job of uploading all vids within a few days. It usually takes me the whole week to upload like 7 vids. I can start recording again if needed, but it really depends if you care or not or if good matches get sent to my setup or not.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
sorry the primary reason I wanted to see the stream this weekend was to see YOUR mewtwo after hearing how well you were doing in brackets.
You'll see it in the videos uploaded eventually, don't cry little one.
If you wanted to watch his mewtwo, come to the tournament in person :^)

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Didn't Game Guys cancel their Intergalactic Kegger 2 a week before the event because of small turn out issues?
That and their venue fee if they used the room next door was like $30+ if I'm not mistaken.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
You'll see it in the videos uploaded eventually, don't cry little one.
If you wanted to watch his mewtwo, come to the tournament in person :^)
i had things to tend to over the weekend. the night before I was playing with whispy, bc, and some others at a small get together. i would have come if it were possible.

Didn't Game Guys cancel their Intergalactic Kegger 2 a week before the event because of small turn out issues?
That and their venue fee if they used the room next door was like $30+ if I'm not mistaken.
im not sure what the fee was for the ballroom, they did cancel it because of turn out issues. They are a venue and not the best at trying to run their own tournaments, however I'm saying it would be a usable venue that someone like Xyro could bring 150 people to.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yes they cancelled it a week before.

Can we talk about TGC now and less complaining about streams? PLEASE :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well alright everyone, this is all I got from TGC2.

Doubles (7 matches)

Singles (6 matches, two of which are MMs)

I came to the tournament with my laptop and capture card, fully expecting there to be something already. Nope, my capture card is now the premier setup.

We missed ALL of Trela's Mewtwo, Tipy's come up, and much, much more.

I won't be a negative nancy though, hope you guys enjoy the videos.

P.S. I would have brought in the full commentary+webcam setup, and could have uploaded just as quickly this time, but for personal reasons I opted out.
Damn man, my match against karna not in there.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
It is a worse venue than the current one. The current one is ideal, just no internet. GGs isn't ideal for this tournament series (TGC 1 has 400+ people in the venue) but has internet.

I'll post my shoutouts tonight. Other than certain people holding up bracket for hours, it was good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes they cancelled it a week before.

Can we talk about TGC now and less complaining about streams? PLEASE :(
*looks at past few posts*

Hahahahaha, you're cute.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He only teams with old gens now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, I'll come back and team with him just to spite you.

See you at TGC 48.

Grapevine

Smash Rookie
NNID
ButtOut
Congrats to my Man Mbohne! My Anther's Ladder sparring partner got 7th, I feel I have to take some credit for that.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Man... I rewatched my match with Gnes and I'm like "I so could've had that". Simple mistakes, but always gotta play the better people to get better, so no Johns here. Good matches, shoutouts begin!

@ Krebs Krebs Your rapping is terrible. Please son. :)

@DSkro We gonna practice til our thumbs fall off bro, trust me on that. Also beer.

@RageToast I'm so glad we got ANOTHER Captain Falcon hype mirror match in the pools. Let alone 2. Keep practicing man, you'll get there.

@BC I am utterly stunned that I won. Honestly. Lots of people have told me great things, and I've watched you play in other tournaments and just body people. We played and I was nervous as **** but somehow I came out on top. To be honest it felt to me like your game was a bit off, maybe due to tired/hungry? (I know that pizza they gave you mid match looked delicious enough to hide under a table LOL). Seriously though, I can't wait to play against you more. Good matches. Also who knew that Yoshi can grind the tree as it's being formed and take zero damage? Awkward.

@Leaf I'm still pretty sure that Yoshi has the adv in that matchup, I just played it poorly. Was still feeling the salt after the loss to Gnes and I think that caused me to drop my game hard. Your mouse is deadly though for real, hope to get a rematch soon to get my revenge! :-D

There's more in here I'm obviously forgetting but eh, it was fun stuff. Can't wait until 3 and beyond, also see you boyz at Insomnia :)

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I came here from reddit about @ Trela Trela taking 2nd place with mewtwo. Good stuff. Before that, it was swordfighter. If there are any replays of those that will be uploaded, where would that channel be exactly? I need to see them.

Edit: Also good stuff to razer. If you still play with Wiimote and Nunchuk, I just wanna give you props.

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I can get it recorded properly next time. As long as I am aware of what I will be tasked with the day prior. I literally just brought my laptop+capture card on a whim.

That, and I won't be entering. Its apparent that the support for it needs to be full time for quality matches. Even at weeklies.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Now that Im fully recovered from Texas Gaming Championships 2, I want to say Thank You to everyone that attended. Despite the bad weather with slippery roads with floods and thunderstorms and some freeways being closed down temporarily, TGC 2 had 200 people in total including competitors and spectators. Congratulations to all the champions that placed in Smash 4, Umvc3, KI, Usf4, Project M and Melee. I want to give shoutouts to everyone who traveled from every major city in Texas to this event and to everyone that brought setups, much appreciated! I also want to give shoutouts to the TGC Tournament Helper Crew: Justin Brown, Quince Easter, Antonio Alexander, Mojo, Jake 13, Bruce Wayne, Devin and everyone else who pitched in helping run brackets and seeding. Now that TGC 2 is in the record books TGC 3 will be June 20 back at the Le Jardin venue. For TGC 3 I will be contacting the Houston Press and either getting Fox 26, The CW, Channel 2 or Channel 13 to cover this event. I will keep everyone updated on this progress. Since the 1st half of the TGC schedule is coming to a close I want to announce the 2nd half of the TGC schedule which is TGC 4 = Aug 8, TGC 5 = Oct 3 and TGC 6 = Dec 5. Im announcing this now so everyone can plan ahead and request off work to make these dates and I will give details on the venue and information soon. www.TGCseries.com will be updated with the TGC 2 rankings and results soon so check the site in a few hours. Im glad everyone had a good time and I will be making some announcements soon so stay tuned!

TGC Store: Me and my team are almost done with the store. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCstore.club

TGC App: Me and my team are almost done with the app. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCapp.net

TGC 2 Results: Smash 4: http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...uston-tx-4-25-2015-mewtwo-breaks-top-3.400708
Umvc3/PM/Melee/Usf4/KI: http://challonge.com/users/tgc

G-Wolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3411-0713-8808
Had a great time this tournament. I'm mainly happy that my Falco game is way better than before.
I've never done pools but I enjoyed the experience. I'm kinda salty I couldn't get out of my pool, but I'll just have to do better next time.

Shoutouts:

@HeroMystic: I got juggled so good, I wanted to cry. God bless your Mario. GG

@ Trela Trela : First game against you and you did not disappoint. Congrats on taking Mewtwo all the way to 2nd, I'm sure all the Mewtwo mains look up to you now.

@MapleSyrup (Tippy): Got sooo bodied by your Toon Link, it was awful yet so glorious. I need to learn the match up on that one.

GGs to everybody I played , I had a great time against all of you.

Shoutouts to all my boys in my crew that got salty 4th like me @Bonren , @gamma1 , and @firewingpegasus. We'll get them next time.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@ Trela Trela get on FB or something whenever you can.
Great event guys. Sorry @ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer and @AvoiD for my inexcusable salt. Things were stressful this last week and I lashed out.

Good games to everyone else. Gnes you are a god of shifting monado forms.
@ Zori Zori That Megaman is scary as hell.

Hopefully I'll see you all again soon. :applejack:

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
@ Trela Trela get on FB or something whenever you can.
Great event guys. Sorry @ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer and @AvoiD for my inexcusable salt. Things were stressful this last week and I lashed out.

Good games to everyone else. Gnes you are a god of shifting monado forms.
@ Zori Zori That Megaman is scary as hell.

Hopefully I'll see you all again soon. :applejack:
Espy we should team sometime for the double sonic lulz

We never did Marth vs Sonic ;/

Trela

Smash Lord
I believe a few of the WFs matches of Singles were saved on one of the set-ups that were on TV's 20-25, and LFs was saved on TV 6, I think?

If anyone has any replays of a Mewtwo versus a Falcon or Sheik, please upload them or send them to someone who can. Goes for anyone else who saved their Singles matches, too.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Everything about this tournament was fun. Staying late wasn't really too big a deal of the end.

@RunC.T. we had a great go at doubles, like wow. If you want, and we refine that team, we could be a force.
Shoutouts to everyone being so chill in my pool, especially to @Sync. who I will have my revenge on one day. Once one of our characters could kill, maybe.

A_male_platypus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Platypusaurus
you got bodied by Mewtwo too. man I miss your beard. you better come to tgc 3 so I can touch it some more. I'm pretty sure it was you that bodied the bathrooms too jk. did you hide the granola bars in your beard? Also, tell bruce to bring kolaches next time. youre gonna team with my brother & ill team with bruce? it was awesome finally meeting you guys after all these years :3
Will most likely be at the next TGC and I'd be happy to team with Mbohne, you, or Savage - whomever.

It was great to finally meet you too. I've had the awesome opportunity to get to meet a lot of awesome Smashers over the last 2 months.

samboner

Smash Rookie
I vote RT to be our official commentator. I enjoyed his commentary very much in the Brawl days.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Now we wait for TGC1 to be entered. Shoutouts to everyone I played, especially Razer, wish I could've won but dang is yoshi bad at killing.

>playing against Sheik still

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I believe a few of the WFs matches of Singles were saved on one of the set-ups that were on TV's 20-25, and LFs was saved on TV 6, I think?

If anyone has any replays of a Mewtwo versus a Falcon or Sheik, please upload them or send them to someone who can. Goes for anyone else who saved their Singles matches, too.
I think they are lost, man :(

Top Bottom