• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

GenG

Smash Lord
I remember now, there is a special oldschool track in Donkey Konga 3 devoted to Nazo no Murasame as well other classics . The Famicom tracklist is as follows:

Nintendo
1: Donkey Konga (2)
2: Super Mario Brothers Chijou BGM (5)
3: Zelda no Densetsu (3)
4: Super Mario Brothers 3 (3)
5: Balloon Fight (5)
6: Hoshi no Kirby Yuyu No Isumi No Monokatari (3): Kirby’s Adventure
7: Palthena’s Castle (5): Kid Icarus
8: Doctor Mario (6)
9: Super Mario Brothers Suichiyuu BGM (8)
10: Naze no Murasamejou (7)
11: Donkey Kong (1)
12: Donkey Kong Junior (1)
13: Mario Brothers (4)
14: Ice Climber (2)
15: Clu Clu Land (2)

Namco (green)
1: Xevious (1)
2: Dig Dug (6)
3: Skykid (6)
4: Pac-Man (7)
5: Tower of Druaga (5)
6: Mappy (4)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
GenG said:
I remember now, there is a special oldschool track in Donkey Konga 3 devoted to Nazo no Murasame as well other classics . The Famicom tracklist is as follows:

Nintendo
1: Donkey Konga (2)
2: Super Mario Brothers Chijou BGM (5)
3: Zelda no Densetsu (3)
4: Super Mario Brothers 3 (3)
5: Balloon Fight (5)
6: Hoshi no Kirby Yuyu No Isumi No Monokatari (3): Kirby’s Adventure
7: Palthena’s Castle (5): Kid Icarus
8: Doctor Mario (6)
9: Super Mario Brothers Suichiyuu BGM (8)
10: Naze no Murasamejou (7)
11: Donkey Kong (1)
12: Donkey Kong Junior (1)
13: Mario Brothers (4)
14: Ice Climber (2)
15: Clu Clu Land (2)

Namco (green)
1: Xevious (1)
2: Dig Dug (6)
3: Skykid (6)
4: Pac-Man (7)
5: Tower of Druaga (5)
6: Mappy (4)
Dude, that is awesome :D I actually have, off Galbadia, the Famicom 20th Anniversary Rearrangement album and then the Zelda and Nazo remix LP. The Famicom 20th one is well worth the download, trust me. It has other cool mixes on it as well, including a very... dark version of the Mario theme :laugh:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I found some info on that Famicom 20th Anniversary Rearrangement album, but from what I heard on the sample tracks I didn't think much of them - though the Zelda on was pretty good. Then again, samples are not too reliable, as they sometimes highlight the more mundane segments of various tracks. But I am vey picky when it comes to game music remixes - it's always about a 50/50 hit or miss ratio for me. At any rate, is there a site where you can download the full tracks? I am still curious.

GenG

Smash Lord
From Nazo no Murasame, I have:

- The Famicom 20th Anniversary remix
- The Legend of Zelda & Nazo no Murasame Original OST Orchestral Version (a vynil disc rip)
- The Game Music Graffitti remix
- The Toy Music ~ Akihabara Electric Circus mix

I think all of these are in Galbadia.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/view-all

That's the site where you can download the tracks. We've been talking about it for a while now :laugh:

And I think I have Akihabara and the Graffiti mixes, but I'll have to check again. And yeah, that vinyl is the same one I have. It has a weird, tinny quality to it. I don't want to sound like a young baka, but I guess that's the way most records sound? I've listened to a LOT, and I've never run into that issue, but maybe that's what happens when you try and rip them (which *can* be done).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Which emulator are you using? I suggest ZSNES, I haven't had any problems with that.

So if Takamaru had a stage, what would it be?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Marshigio said:
Which emulator are you using? I suggest ZSNES, I haven't had any problems with that.

I thought Takamaru's game was for Famicom/NES.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:

I am using Nestopia. I have OS10.2 and it says I need an fds system file called dsksystem.rom

I dunno where to get it. =/

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
My bad, I thought it was on the SNES. I don't use any NES ROMS so I can't help you, sorry.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think any old Edo-style landscape (with a castle and that) could work since Nazo no Murasame has a top-down view, therefore doesn't has any remarkable scenarios other than the title screen.

The gist of that stage will be the music. Just the recongizeable first beats of the main overworld will do the work for turning that Edo stage into a Nazo no Murasame one.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think it should be on top of an Edo style house and you can go on the ground of on the roof. Ninjas could throw kunai knives at you randomly.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Just a giant Shinto temple would be fine. As long as the music is there, like GenG said, it will work.

But you know what the stage needs the most? I just downloaded the Akihabara Electric Circus album, which I actually *didn't* have, and it has the most awesome remixes ever. And the Nazo one has, of course, the Japanese guys going "Ooohh!" at the transitional points of the song :laugh: It's so awesome!

Bull that the entire soundtrack of Brawl will be orchestrated with Latin vocals. Like you can do Mute City orchestrated :psycho: If they do a Nazo stage, totally totally totally needs to be completely and utterly Japanese to the core. That would ROCK so hard it wouldn't be funny.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I don't think the ENTIRE soundtrack of SSBB is going to be orchestrated, let alone opera. I believe that comment was either in regards tp the main theme only or to elaborate the fact that all orchestrated tracks will actually be played by a live orchestra, in contrast to a few being MIDI in SSBM (D@mn good MIDIs though...). Sakurai said himself that Metaknight's stage is going to feature a ROCK remix. I strongly believe that the completed soundtrack is going to be just as diverse as SSBM's, maybe even moreso.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think that those pieces that needs orchestra, will be orchestrated. I've heard Big Blue and Flat Zone orchestrated, and it's da suck. Most Smash featured titles have an epic touch to it: Fire Emblem, Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Starfox, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Mother, Metroid, Metal Gear... these ones fit with orchestra. But other series with more alternative music (or no music at all) like F-Zero, G&W or the retro stages need the proper arrangement: Rock, chip music, techno and such. It's just part of the feeling of that series.

G&W, Mother 2 and many tracks in Melee were pretty innovative. I'm expecting a nice mix from various styles like Melee did.

Orchestrated and lyriced Flat Zone... oh my...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If they include the Corneria theme from the original StarFox, it will HAVE to Techno. If they include the Lower Norfair theme from Super Metroid, it would sound best as Progressive Rock ala The Black Mages. Not all tracks from any given franchise would sound best orchestrated - Hell, even some LoZ tracks sound better with different treatments (Tal Tal Heights from Link's Awakening comes to mind). As I said before, the "fully orchestrated" description likely pertains to only certian tracks, not the entire soundtrack. Afterall, part of SSBM's winning formula was it's diverse soundtrack - and, as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It was actually said that Meta Knight's Victory Theme was Rock, not his actual stage. But irregardless, it would be silly to orchestrate and lyricize every single track, definitely.

But then it depends on the tracks. See, if they pick for the Halberd say... "Mechanize" from Kirby Superstar (the music from Mecheye and the second Revenge stage), it would HAVE to be rock. BUT I was also thinking they could attempt a medley mixing Meta Knight's theme and the Credits from RMK, or even the Boss music from Kirby Superstar (which kicks all sorts of butt); both would sound fantastic orchesrated (I've heard the boss music full orchestra, and it is awesome). I guess we're digressing from Takamaru into music, but it's my **** topic :laugh:

Personally, I'd feel that the best route is to only orchestrate the major titles or the more epic ones, and leave the rest to their genres. Like you guys were saying, it's just stupid to have F-Zero orchestrated, or not let Flat Zone be a chiptune. Metroid sounds good orchestrated; I wouldn't mind that. And at least the Zelda Theme HAS to be orchestrated, because that's how every lowbrow gamer is going to want it (I prefer rock versions, but eh). And Kid Icarus practically was orchestrated originally. So it really could work in some cases.

But lyrics? That's just weird... I hope they only meant the main theme, maybe some original tracks. If they start throwing "Ave Satani" lyrics into the Mario Underwater theme, I'd be very very confused :laugh:

GenG

Smash Lord
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Estuans interius
Ira vehementi
Game & Watch!
Game & Watch!

:laugh:

Liku

Smash Journeyman
Nothing gets by you. Good call by the way, won't get picky on grammar.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Nazo no Marasume is a sick game! I definately want to download it for the Virtual console. I am a huge fan of takamaru now. :)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
Nazo no Marasume is a sick game! I definately want to download it for the Virtual console. I am a huge fan of takamaru now. :)
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *pulls a little chime* Another convert :)

Good to hear you finally got it working :laugh:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I figured his sword, at least the sharp edge, could be high-priority. That way he can cancel out a lot of different projectiles. Actually reflecting them back? That's kinda cheap :laugh: (he only bounced them off the blade in the NES game anyways; he didn't send them back)

My moveset for Takamaru is on the first or second page. Check it out if you're curious.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Since one of the only things Smash is missing is a samurai, I support this, well, we don't have any pirates either, but I don't want Tetra. So yeah, good idea.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why does Brawl need a Samurai, why does Brawl need an anime girl (may), why does Brawl need japanese names. Brawl does not need all this Jap Crap

icymatt

Smash Lord
Sheesh, take a chill pill, man.

And to answer your question: Because they're COOL!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Chickenboy666 said:
Brawl needs a samurai, and Takamaru is a cool option
I support Takamaru

PS: Monkey D Luffy could be great, but has no chances
Ew..No he wouldn't. One Peice basically ruined Jump Superstars. One Piece is horrible. The game would be so much better if Dr. Slump and One Peice werent in it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah, coming from a guy who wants a glove in SSBB...

I wish Mach Rider was as well loved...
Oh well, Tak-kun' the next on my list. At least one of the classic characters are gettig some notice.

Top Bottom