• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

unreon

Smash Ace
I have the Dan cube now!

Which means:

Finished Dan Trials.

And C.Viper's Hard #2 was easier than what the internet had me believe...got it in about 6 minutes. =)

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, Dictator trials. They're easy. Hardest thing was the combo with 2 1-frame links in it. >.>

But man, I find Vega's trials to be fricking impossible. They expect you to link 2 st.lk's and I swear it physically isn't possible to do it with how much you get pushed back.

unreon

Smash Ace
Pfft, Dictator trials. They're easy. Hardest thing was the combo with 2 1-frame links in it. >.>
I had no trouble with Dictator trials except for the first one, which I swear I connected my hits but they wouldn't read as a single combo. I eventually found out online that you had to cancel instead of link, and I got annoyed.

Which one had two 1-frame links? After the first one I did them all within 5 minutes ._.

Abel's 5th is impossible I swear. The kick to dash to fierce is a 1-framer and you have to do it twice.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Nah nah, other way around. Need to link instead of cancel for cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk xx scissor to work. Like, the 2nd-3rd lk's need to be linked not chained. Similar thing in one of Rose's trials. Really annoying.

Yeah, it was too hard to do, but I think it was the...5th trial perhaps? I know cr.lp > cr.mk is a 1 frame link, and I remember reading that the link into the cr.lp was small as well...but maybe it isn't.

And twice, heh. I've seen vids where it's an infinite if you're some sort of magical execution perfect robot.

unreon

Smash Ace
Yeah, its an infinite on Rufus and Chun if you are robotic.

I'm talking about Bison's Headstomp hands>cr.strong xx forward. Three hit combo that seriously never registered when I was doing it. It was hitting Dan without him shielding all the time and I was shouting "WHY WON'T YOU PASS ME?!". Apparently I just had to change my timing to do make them connect another way ._.

Who's trials have you guys finished? I want that cute Abel cube SO BAD but I've pretty much given up on it =(

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I think I've got the cubes for Bison, Dan, Zangief, Rufus and...someone else. A few other half-finished ones, I mostly just get frustrated because the combos they make you do are pointless 1-2 frame links.

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Theres a shop called Good Games on George St that hold Street Fighter tournaments once every month.
OHN8 is also coming up, not sure if that collides with any Brawl tournaments or anything.

unreon

Smash Ace
When is the next one? I might turn up and actually try to get good >.>

EDIT:
Got Sakura cube
GOT MY ABEL CUBE WOOOOOT i'm never doing that **** again.

zangief cube is too hard D:

Sieg

Smash Champion
OHN is on when everyone is in America? Lol.

I was thinking about going, but my SF4 skill has left my body.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
really wanted to go to OHN8 but sadly ill be at EVO INSTEAD! OMFG! Ill tell Justin Wong and Daigo that you all said hello =D

Sieg

Smash Champion
It's a Bison.

I'm looking for someone to play that doesn't just play one character constantly.

Looking for some good character matchup experience.

Will be on tonight.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Well I play Bison/Rufus/Dan, and can play about a third of the rest of the cast decently. Sound good enough?

Sieg

Smash Champion
I always love playing you Iso, I'll be on soon.

Lol Ryan, learn more comboes. I'll show you next time.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Good games tonight sieg, nice to see you've picked up guile quite nicely, even though the first match was a very bad omen. >.> I think it's just that stage that lags maybe...

Many lols were had in the dan ditto match, quite a few silly things happened there. I still wish vega didn't suck in the wakeup/ultra/general play department, but hey. Sorry for being a **** when I was ryu, his abusable crap is just too stupid to pass up.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Still getting used to new stick, ****ing annoying when you can't Medium kick to Tatsu with Sakura considering it's like the ONLY thing she has.

First match was my bad, I was dloading SP2 and I totally forgot about it lol.

I see you've got your BnB's down pretty well.

**** your Rufus though.

unreon

Smash Ace
YAY it seems people still play this **** game.

I will be on lots after my exams on the 25th.

Haven't played Seig/Ineff/Isorr in so long. I want to play Ryan but he's never on :(

Isorr why do I have the impression that you live in Sydney? We should have another SF4 meet :D

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol, I'm mostly over it now, compared with when it first came out.

Although I am having a bit of fun playing Ken atm.

Too many better fighters coming out soon enough anyway.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
You probably get the impression...because I do. I also go to UNSW. That being said, if you're into 3rd strike/KoF98/KoF2002 then we should definitely meet up in the roundhouse for games sometime. Could always set up a ps3 at a smash tourney for some games on the side to play some sf4 (or blazblue, KoF12). >.>

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Should all go to Good Games for some 3rd Strike and SFIV >_>
unreon we should play again unreon but kinda busy with school. Should be clear of most assignments by Friday however so we could probably get some games in on Saturday.

unreon

Smash Ace
Awesome. What are your emails? Might as well add you guys on MSN for the day that I no doubt go online drunk and whine about nobody playing with me :p

Tomorrow is a GG? Hmmmm, I might go! FINISHED EXAMS TODAY YEAAAAAAAAH
Had 3hrs of sleep and ate nothing but pizza and instant noodles for three days straight. I feel horribly fat and need exercise D:

unreon

Smash Ace
GGs to Ineff and whoever played as eskimofo (booker? accelerate?)

I need to play this game seriously : ( I've just been joking around with my brother up till now and haven't learnt the finer details : ( Shows as I have horrible spacing, get hit by random things, block wrong, whatnot. Need to be more able with Abel.

Ineff: your Akuma is so unpredictable. Teleports and demon flips all around the place : ( I remember you used a demon flip to hit me out of an air grab and that was weird lol. I'll see if I can get a game of 3s against you on GGPO : )

Eskimofo: farout you're sick. I haven't had an ounce of play against a charge character and my inexperience shows : ( I have no idea how to counter BLANKA BALLS (@#$% my absolute least liked matchup), buttslams, I get hit by random Flash Kicks all the time, apparently you can't block headbutts low (ate two ultras that way ._. lesson learnt), need to learn what to do against a safe scissors kick, headstomps...the list goes on. I definitely need to play you again. Or force my little brother to play charge characters HAHA And then I'd get so tense when you turtle up even if I have a life lead. I do stupid things which causes that descent to a round loss =(

Seems everyone knows how to turtle but me : ( Something to do with Falco genes, I guess.

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
GGs to unreon. Your Abel is really aggressive and with me playing 3S, I'm not used to Akuma's options in IV :(.
Side note, I can't use GGPO but will be up for the challenge on 2DF.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
GGs to Ineff and whoever played as eskimofo (booker? accelerate?)

I need to play this game seriously : ( I've just been joking around with my brother up till now and haven't learnt the finer details : ( Shows as I have horrible spacing, get hit by random things, block wrong, whatnot. Need to be more able with Abel.

Ineff: your Akuma is so unpredictable. Teleports and demon flips all around the place : ( I remember you used a demon flip to hit me out of an air grab and that was weird lol. I'll see if I can get a game of 3s against you on GGPO : )

Eskimofo: farout you're sick. I haven't had an ounce of play against a charge character and my inexperience shows : ( I have no idea how to counter BLANKA BALLS (@#$% my absolute least liked matchup), buttslams, I get hit by random Flash Kicks all the time, apparently you can't block headbutts low (ate two ultras that way ._. lesson learnt), need to learn what to do against a safe scissors kick, headstomps...the list goes on. I definitely need to play you again. Or force my little brother to play charge characters HAHA And then I'd get so tense when you turtle up even if I have a life lead. I do stupid things which causes that descent to a round loss =(

Seems everyone knows how to turtle but me : ( Something to do with Falco genes, I guess.
Haha man. Those were fun games. You seem really skillful but lack matchup experience. Im the other way i play at the arcade and with mates 2 - 3 times a week. Never online or in training mode though so i'll never be as technically sound as you :p Your able was fun. Good getting some experience. kermit ken ftw also.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Bumping this thread before me and Seig get infracted for derailing Stigma-Hybrid thread. XD

So I got this on PC about a week ago along with my hori ex2 pro, and have concluded with maining Blanka, Gouken, Akuma and a little Cammy for low tier. Learning Blanka's B&Bs, and trying to get the close HP beast roll>Ultra. I main Ken, Akuma and Dudley in 3S, so I'm not used to charges.
Also been toying with E. Honda and Ken.
=/ Any tips?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Tips on charging, or tips on playing specific chars?

Nothing will really help you with charge chars apart from going into training and just...doing the charge moves 50 times in a row, or however long until you can do them without thinking about it.

For blanka and honda, it might not be the best thing to get straight into, but piano lightning and hands are made of equal parts pwn and win. Basically, after a jump in or whatever, press cr.lp, then 4 other punch buttons very quickly, eg:

lp > mp > hp > mp > hp

or

lp > hp > mp > lp > hp

I use the second one because I find right to left easier to drum. Anyway, if you do it right and do it quick then the lp combos into lightning/hands, both of which give good damage and very good advantage on block.

Oh, also, a tip for all the charge ultras: End the motion in the uf direction. If you usually charge back and do the charge ultra but end in df....you'll get stuff like bison teleport or blanka coward crouch. So practice ending at uf and you should get the ultra more often.

Hope that helps somehow.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Matchup experience.

I spend too much time at the arcade getting owned.

Watching people play makes you so much better, but I believe it's a better experience when you can get tips from whoever you're watching, so it's good to go to your local arcade every now and then.

I don't mind playing online when you want a match, but it's really nothing like the experience of the arcade.

On that note, try new things in matches, don't just believe that you'll learn things in training mode. Learning how a player(s) react to what you do in a match is a good skill to get.

Top Bottom