• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
But like, when it switches to the next person, do they have like, rounds remaining or something?
Or does it reset to a best of 3 wins again?

Y'know, like how crew battles carry stock over.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Woot, my Zangief fared a lot better vs Sieg's Balrog tonight. I don't think he appreciated it though. >.>

Especially the zangief corner wakeup pressure. Man that was fun.

Sieg

Smash Champion
There's no such thing as Zangief wakeup pressure. It's get into the corner and spam Lariat lol.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Good matches Unreon. Sorry about that lol, but thanks.

I needed the practice for this tourney on Sunday, and I feel like my links are coming out better now.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Good games tonight, to whoever was on as eskimofo. It was great getting to fight not-balrog for once. >.>

I swear only sieg is ever online when I am. Except for TakFR, but for some reason we can't join each other's games.

Also, Dan Super taunt > Sakura reversal ultra > Dan reversal counter ultra was tooooooo epic.

Edit: Bah, good games vs you too unreon, until for some reason the game dropped and wouldn't let us join after. o.O

Anyone else have issues with not being able to play other people?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Good games tonight Ineff. What'd we play, 25 or so matches? Eeesh.

Interesting times with the two best turtles in the game facing off against each other, got to see plenty of weird crap happen on wakeup with Bison vs akuma. But even that wasn't as fun as laying down the law as Dan the man. Good times.

But yes...quite difficult to get into range a lot of the time against you, your keepaway game was just too good. Other times a lucky hit or correct prediction let my zangief get in...and we all know what happens then.

Edit: TakFR, I play 3rd strike a bit at the arcade at uni, trying to learn Oro. I wouldn't say it's the melee of SF.....I think that'd be SF2 ST HDR....of sorts.

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Good games tonight Ineff. What'd we play, 25 or so matches? Eeesh.

Interesting times with the two best turtles in the game facing off against each other, got to see plenty of weird crap happen on wakeup with Bison vs akuma. But even that wasn't as fun as laying down the law as Dan the man. Good times.

But yes...quite difficult to get into range a lot of the time against you, your keepaway game was just too good. Other times a lucky hit or correct prediction let my zangief get in...and we all know what happens then.

Edit: TakFR, I play 3rd strike a bit at the arcade at uni, trying to learn Oro. I wouldn't say it's the melee of SF.....I think that'd be SF2 ST HDR....of sorts.
Very good games Iso. Just got back into my groove after 2 weeks of exams. You know how to use a lot of characters very well, especially the Dan and Bison.
Your cross ups and pressure game is really good, kept me guessing where you'll be hitting next.
I play Third Strike on 2DF and sometimes at an arcade in the city (Good Games).

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, good games tonight despite the fail lag Sieg. Great to see you use not-balrog for a round or two as well. >.>

I gotta say I felt pretty dirty after winning that set with Bison with 3 chip damage kills, that was just plain wrong. And I swear every time I play against balrog it just solidifies my hatred of invincible beat everything headbutt, 3 (or so) frame +4 on block crouching jab, and balrog's throws. GG cr.jab spam in corner vs vega. -_-

unreon

Smash Ace
GGs to Isorropia, Seig, and Ineff_

Seig - yay my Abel now can do something against your Boxer. At least it's something. I remember one match where I managed to chip you to death on wakeup with Ryu's Ultra twice, and on the third one I went too early and you Ultra'd back. T_T

I think I'm going to give up C.Viper. I might get back to her when I learn the game more, but at the moment I just can't think in terms of what to do with her besides thunder knuckles. I'm sticking with Abel, Ryu, and I might try Chun Li after my positive run against Seig and Ineff_ with her.

PS: is Poongko insane or what? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjg_uPLBco&feature=channel
hot **** at pulling off Ken's Hard Trial #4 in a real match and his Akuma lockdown and even his Boxer EX straight x3. So entertaining to watch; poor the Ryu on the other end.

Sieg

Smash Champion
When you said EX straight I was like what?

That isn't possible lol.

Then I saw it was the EX RU loop. lol

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Those combos, while flashy.....yeah, damage scaling screws them so bad. If you watch combos of like....Dan/cammy (cr.lp cr.lp -special move- Focus Cancel attack) * 2 into ultra, each hit of the ultra will do about 4 damage. I'm all for damage scaling, keeps things from getting silly, but sometimes it just seems to punish you when your 3 or so combos worth get equaled by 1 lucky/lag induced ultra to the face.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Daigo fails and cries emo tears when he loses to random Sagats.

Daigo needs to harden the **** up.

Top Bottom