• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Name: Jared Willett
Alias: Atticus
Version: PS3
Gamertag/PSN: atticx
Mains: Zangief, Sagat

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, fallout.
My brother bought it for 360 the other day. Game owns face.

EDIT:
Oh, also obligatory Street Fighter is cool as to not derail a thread attempting not to derail other threads.

I might play SF4 tommorow at the arcade. But I also want to check out my Uni's wii fun time at the guild bar. I'll bring Brawl and a controller with me, lol.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Sieg, good games tonight. I really love/hate playing you, it's awesome to play someone good without (most of) the horrendous lag of playing randoms online, but on the other hand....man your balrog is hard to get around. Straight punches is unpunishable, I swear. Thank goodness headbutt on block isn't.

Also, I trust your d/c after the spd kill was purely a coincidence? >.>

Sieg

Smash Champion
IT WAS RAGE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

THE AMOUNT OF POWER THAT I FELT COURSING THROUGH MY VEINS AT THE THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY BEAT ME WITH A ZANGIEF MADE ME RAGE AT A LEVEL THAT I THOUGHT UNKNOWN.

A LEVEL OVER 9000.

But seriously, it was rage lol.

I really love/hate playing you too, your Bison seems to come back from nowhere after I've smashed you in the first half of the round, and the only counter I really have against Jump in is predicting it with ju.Fierce Punch.

Also, yeah, I've gotten into a habit of headbutting on block instead of straight punch. I blame the controller for that, as thumbing the stick from down to back while jabbing has become a nuisance. I must learn to do it more often.

You're getting better lol.

PS. Akuma was here, Gouken is a lame ******.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Gouken isn't lame, I have trouble winning with him most of the time. His parries butcher any telegraphed approach, true, but he has no real reversal moves to use when he gets up from the ground.

Then again, back throw > ultra is sooooooooo good. And he can put out 400 dmg comboes off 1 EX stock....at least in training mode. Demon flip (kick) > St.HP > EX Senku (the lunge) > dash forward > HK spinning kick. I really really wanted to pull it off at some point in our matches, but I could never seem to land the demon flip-kick or a standing HP...go figure.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I just don't like Gouken lol, alot of people have found him to be the new Ken online.

God**** Ken's.

Did you know against a wall you can EX Senku to Ultra? It's like a 3/4 HP remover almost lol.

EDIT: Balrog can pull off 560 damage in one hit lol.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Gouken can do ALOT of things against a wall. Such as say.....use his parry, FADC it into ultra for retardedly huge damage. Midscreen you can FADC either EX senku or normal Tatsu into ultra.

And it's odd....I fought mostly ryu's online tonight. And....decent ones, at that. Well, decent in the sense that they didn't hit shoryuken every 5 seconds. I wish I could see the look on their faces when I lariat through their ultras though.....

Sieg

Smash Champion
A decent Ryu is a Ryu that can FADC shoryuken to Ultra. Maybe people are realising that Ken isn't the best to start off with atleast, and are moving to Ryu? Atleast his ultra is easier to hit than Ken's.

I wanna play my friends pro Honda/Blanka again.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I can't learn a non shoto character until i mod my Mayflash with Sanwa parts or buy a Hori Pro 3. STOCK MAYFLASH IS SO ****ING TERRIBLE IT MAKES ME RAGE!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Charge characters are quite doable with a pad. Just watch you don't tense up too much, it'll hurt your thumb after a while.

And when I say quite doable, I mean half the time you try the ultra you'll get a shoryuken motion. Gogo Bison teleports when you try to ultra.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol. I remember doing that alot trying to get to Gouken.

Good times.

The only thing I have problems with is doing ultra, and even then, it's a small amount.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Charge characters are quite doable with a pad. Just watch you don't tense up too much, it'll hurt your thumb after a while.

And when I say quite doable, I mean half the time you try the ultra you'll get a shoryuken motion. Gogo Bison teleports when you try to ultra.
You do not know how anoying that is with viper

Aha ill just ultra

Canceled ground pound....

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Sieg man, you gotta stop raging in the middle of our fights. >.>

Although tonight was admittedly laggier than usual for some reason.

Conclusions from tonight's play: My theorised bison pressure string in fact does not work. (lk scissors, mk, lk scissors on block). Turtling makes Zangief a sad panda. Getting Balrog in the corner and spamming lariat on his wakeup makes Zangief a happy panda.

Also, I think tonight was the first time I got to land bison's ultra. **** Balrog never has to jump....

Sieg

Smash Champion
Laaaaaaaaaaaag. I blame it.

I'd love to verse you on an arcade one day lol.

Zangief corner lariat spam is rage inducing.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
While it is hilariously difficult seeming to beat, your best bet is to block 2 hits of the lariat and then sweep. However if the Gief is expecting it he can pull back earlier in lariat so your sweep will miss and he'll still have you in the corner, or he can mix it up with wakeup grabs.

Sieg

Smash Champion
DI on that Lariat is BS lol, I swear to god it's the best attack in the game.

I was able to get through it though, just some silly mistimed moves on my part.

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Name: Patrick
Alias: Bogoron
Version: PS3
Gamertag/PSN: Bogoron
Mains: M. Bison

Makes me rage every time.:mad:

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
If you're not happy with me not using my mains Sieg, let me know. I was just trying some stuff out with characters I don't normally play.

Discoveries: Vega's pokes are crazy good. The startup time for his moves are not. Dan can be played decently to an extent...gogo shoto power. Bison's reversal teleport is unreliable online. (Not a discovery, read on forum) =: Bison's Cr.mk does indeed shutdown a lot of Balrog's wakeup options.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I hate Blanka's. Even with a 7/3 matchup in Balrogs favour, I still lose. Although campy is good, I think I need to attack more. Although, ****ing electricity is like SF4's way of saying **** you to anything Blanka verses.

Uhhhh, I won't rate your alts, because. Well, yeah.

Gotta keep practicing lol. I need more practice.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Alts? That was the first time I've touched Vega, Rufus, Blanka in an actual match. >.>

I do find myself liking Vega though. Screw tier lists, as long as I can figure out a way to not suck and die on wakeup I might use him occasionally.

And yeah, you could probably be more offensive with Balrog. With about a -3 on block for a straight punch and +4 (I've heard) for cr.jab he can do some horrible pressure strings.

Sieg

Smash Champion
The thing with Blanka is, if I block Blanka ball, I will punish you with dash straight. Bad things are that cr.Blanka won't get hit by Headbutt.

Also, I hate offensive against Electricity, because it can change a match pretty fast if you're too offensive.

To me, alts are anyone you don't play all the time. Everything can be an alt.

One of Balrog's basic strings is cr.jabx2, EX Upper, cr.jabx2 etc. You can continue that until they get hit by your jabs, in which case you start the headbutt-> Ultra string. Otherwise you do it till you run out of EX. There are alot of things you can do with it, I just can't do it on controller because I always hit EX smash like, halfway through.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
There are only 16 characters.

Even Azen plays more characters than that.

I have chosen to C.Viper it up.
All characters are tournament legal on console (cept maybe Seth), making that at least 24? I don't remember.

Blazblue only has 12 characters, but learning one will be enough of a task, so I don't mind.

Have I played any of you online yet? I randomly spam invites to whoever is online on my friends list, so sorry if I invited and I was available when you tried.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, 24.

But then again, Seth isn't that broken, so I wouldn't count him out.

I have alot of noobs online try to Seth me, only to get ***** because of his low stamina and horrible stun ratio.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
When I've tried to play Seth I just get surprised by his slow as all hell walking speed. Especially after seeing Balrog's so often. >.>

Sieg

Smash Champion
Haha, you know who I found out was slow?

Bloody Sagat. He needs a faster walking speed.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Eh, console characters are banned for the same reason Seth was auto-banned: They don't know how good they are, but there's a -possibility- they're completely broken, so they don't allow them at tournaments.

Also, tourney pros are lazy and would cry foul if the game they've been playing for the last months had 9 or so new character matchups to learn. >.>

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Eh, console characters are banned for the same reason Seth was auto-banned: They don't know how good they are, but there's a -possibility- they're completely broken, so they don't allow them at tournaments.

Also, tourney pros are lazy and would cry foul if the game they've been playing for the last months had 9 or so new character matchups to learn. >.>
Point me to a tourney where they do this.

Final Round banned Gouken before the game even come out, but seeing how it turned out, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their minds.

The general rule with traditional fighters has been to ban console exclusive characters because the standard were cabs in the States. This isn't the case anymore.

Top Bottom