• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Yoshi

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Welcome to the official Smashboards Standard Custom Set project. In brief, this project is designed to be a logistical solution to using custom movesets in tournaments by filling many of the in-game slots with the most popular and powerful sets for each character so they can be quickly selected without further 3ds import. This will allow tournaments with customizations on to save large amounts of time throughout the event. More details about the project's ideas and mission can be found here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-proposal-we-can-make-custom-moves-fast-easy-and-legal.379555/

Our goal here is to find out what the most popular and powerful sets are for your particular character the best way we know how: asking you the mains of this character. To be clear, we're not talking about disallowing any particular custom sets or even imposing any rules in general; we're talking about making sure the popular and powerful options are simply accessible quickly in a tournament environment as our sole mission. We need up to three critical sets that represent the best options your character has that have wide general utility and from there to fill up to slot 6 with supplemental movesets that will cover less mainstream, more match-up specific, or even teams sets. Slots 7 and 8 are reserved for 2222 and 3333 to allow all moves to be explored more easily in the new metagame, and slots 9 and 10 are left open for 3ds import of non-standard sets.

Please list all movesets in the order NSUD, that is neutral special, side special, up special, and down special. This four digit code will be the naming convention so players can quickly and easily identify which moveset is which.

I know for many characters the default moveset, 1111, is a powerful and useful option. However, it should not be included; the game allows default to be picked regardless of what custom options are prepared so including it does not add any additional options to players.

I further know that some characters may find six slots a large number to fill. Others may find six very limiting. Do your best to pick out the overall six most likely to be picked even if some good stuff has to be left on the table or if some more experimental sets have to be included to fill out six. Every set included is time saved in tournament when that set would be picked, and we want to make the best use we can of these slots.

I would ask that everyone please be respectful of each other's opinions; this game is young, and the metagame is still very much forming so we are likely to each perceive it differently. This project will be revisited throughout the game's lifespan and revised to properly include the most mainstream movesets at the time. What we want for now is what will be commonly selected for now, and don't worry, other options are not being discriminated against as those last two slots are left open for 3ds transfer for a reason. This first version of this project will be refined throughout the rest of the year, but I hope to have a very rough draft up and usable by December 5 so TOs who wish to use the results of this project will have something to plug in for that weekend's worth of events. Thank you for your cooperation in this project, and we look forward to making sure the most useful options are quickly available for your character under this system.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Was waiting for this thread. Thanks, AA! :chuckle:

However, I'm not too savvy as to what the quintessential Yoshi customs are as seen by Yoshi mains. However, I do know that I rely heavily on Star Bomb and Timed Egg Throw. Neutral and Side B options are really matchup dependent for me, but if I had to give one general, all-purpose Yoshi custom set, I'd say...

Just a suggestion.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well... Yoshi's custom aren't very useful really, i'd say his neutral b 2 may be useful in some cases but it's not worthy it losing his standard one.

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll contribute my two cents to this discussion. In my experience, most of Yoshi's customs are fairly situational, with the original moves often being the best option to provide a wide variety of coverage in his moveset. Egg launch is pretty useful in many matchups however, and I find myself torn often between Light Egg Roll and the default. In any case, here are my ideas on some good movesets.

Critical (NSUD)
  1. 3111 - Well rounded, good gimping and killing power. Regular egg roll for covering grounded opponents. Keeps standard Yoshi Bomb for grounded KOs.
  2. 3312 - Rounded moveset but more focused on aerial combat. Egg Launch for gimping, Light egg for surprise approaches and damage, Star bomb for anti-air. Relies more on smashes & uair for KOs.
  3. 1113 - Basic moveset that retains standard egg lay to better set up for KOs & damage with crushing bomb. Side special could also be light.
Possible Situational Movesets

4. 2332 - Full-on aerial moveset that provides a lot of juggling ability, anti-air options, and good mobility.
5. 1213 - Heavy-hitting, grounded combat. Both custom specials are predictable, but strong for hitting slow opponents
6. 3322 - Prioritizes gimping above all else, able to go in really deep thanks to High Jump to try and finish someone off with an Egg Launch. Since gimping is top priority, other specials focus on mobility.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Situational as mentioned. Can see Egg launch being used only against Little mac (3?)
Star bomb being for basically zoning/outranging anyone with a projectile that covers half of FD (2)

The only other mentioned customs (Timed eggs) I don't see a use for in any match ups tbh.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Situational as mentioned. Can see Egg launch being used only against Little mac (3?)
Star bomb being for basically zoning/outranging anyone with a projectile that covers half of FD (2)

The only other mentioned customs (Timed eggs) I don't see a use for in any match ups tbh.
I find timed eggs to really mess with opponents, as they'll attempt to shield the egg, only to find out it isn't the egg they should be worrying about. In fact, I'd argue they're even MORE effective gimping options over the standard eggs, as they punish airdodges pretty badly and can cause really bad situations for anyone recovering since the explosion radius is so big.

Loki

Smash Apprentice
Quoting myself from the other Yoshi custom-moves thread...

I dunno. I feel stock Yoshi is pretty much the way to go. Even tough some customs offer new ways to approach or solve certain issues within Yoshi, in reality, the overall trade-off is not worthy...

High-jump and explosive eggs both feel redundant. Yoshi already a godly second jump and stock egg throw sure helps making it even godlier, be it for recovering that extra inch or to add insane air control and maneuverability. Also, stock eggs server as terrific zoning and space-control proyectiles, thanks to them lobbing and exploding on contact. I feel both customs are redundant because of how well Yoshi already performs on the areas these customs try to improve. High jump is already pretty obvious why is it redundant, Yoshi doesnt really needs more jumping power than he already has... unless you want to go to the depths of hell to gimp your opponents or because you have trouble (somehow!) recovering with Yoshi. Explosive eggs... I just cant like them. They lose the abililty to effectively control your opponent in exchange of more firepower... when already Yoshi has plenty of that with his insane normals.

I preffer being able to approach with Yoshi throwing lobbing eggs that explote on contact, forcing my opponent to move, than forcing myself to position well in order to hit my opponent.

Regarding the egg-rolls... they in general feel subpar, specially the heavy one. It´s so slow and heavy that if you get hit by it you should be laying your control down and walk away from the room. To make things worse, it loses its momentum if it hits someone once, dispelling all the hard work you already have to put in this poor excuse of a move. Super armor does not salvages this terrible move... no one with half a brain will allow him/herself to ever be hit with this. Light-egg on the other hand, it is much better but I dunno... a little to jumpy maybe? it doesnt looks as viable and controlable as the stock one. Again, the middle point is a winner for me as it offers good speed, good control (can even super-jump from ledges!). It is nowhere a kill or combo move, but it at least can catch opponents off-guard now and then.

And finally, the bombs. Again stock is a solid choice. Breaks shield on full execution and hits quite hard, being a viable kill move. However for this one I do think that Star bomb is a perfectly viable option. Less kill power (Wich Yoshi doesnt really needs as he has great normals that kill rather easily) but providing with not only more space-control but also a safer option for returning to the ground, I really like that. Heavy bomb however... no, just no. Slow, predictable, extremelly reactionable... the extra punch does not justifies the lost speed.

At the very best, I would only switch from stock 1111 to 1112

Overall, yoshi got the most useless and redundant custom-moves of the lot. He doesnt gains anything from them without sacrificing his all-around power and dominance. More recovery? Isn´t Yoshi already hard as hell to kill? More kill-power? Isnt Yoshi a power-house already?
TL;DR

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
My thoughts on custom moves:

In general, I feel like 1111 is the best overall set, so most variations are probably going to have 3 1s and one of something else. Overall, I believe 1131 to be the most useful custom set, as the piercing effect on the egg is useful in some matchups, particularly vs Villager. I personally would never choose them, but I can also see some value with 1112 and 3111. I'm kind of sceptical that any other setups are particularly useful.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I was really disappointed by all of the custom moves. I was really hoping for a useful side-B.
I'm super disappointed by the fact that Side B 3 can't be cancelled early enough to do an aerial before you hit the ground. At least it might be useful as a gimmicky but surprising burst movement option. As it stands there's very little reason to ever use Side B, but if you do it by accident or something I think Side B 1 is the best simply because it's the most mobile and thus you can retreat to safety and exit the egg.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Sometimes when I **** up a B-reverse and side-B instead, it works wonders, because nobody expects it. Admit it, everyone--when you make good use of side-B, it's because you meant to do something else and messed up.

Yikarur

Smash Master
You can't make a realistic Top 8.
- it doesn't matter what sideB you use so every set can have an arbitrary combination
- different downBs have their uses
- all neutralBs have their use
etc.

Yoshis best custom move by far is lick. The rest can be mixed-up..
my set is 1313
Heavy Egg Roll is a funny move because it has super armor and deals a lot of shield damage but it's actually useless like their counterparts.
Lick is insane, deals 10% and kills arround 110%, makes Yoshis recovery better and is soo versatile because of the momentum you get from it.

Z-Bone

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes when I **** up a B-reverse and side-B instead, it works wonders, because nobody expects it. Admit it, everyone--when you make good use of side-B, it's because you meant to do something else and messed up.
No, that's how I KO myself. I never seem to do side B by accident when I'm on the stage. XD

Also, default Yoshi for me. I haven't used his customs much, but in preliminary tests I always preferred the originals.

RandomNickname

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flori2000
2331 is my go-to combination imo, even though 2311 can also work and any of the Yoshi Bombs can be good in certain situatiuons, too. But Yoshi Bomb is better imo since the other custom specials remove/nerf one of he things from he bomb. Lick because because it is pretty powerful and the forward momentum makes it a decent recovery and an of the Egg throws because High Jump only recovers and only gives vertical momentum, of which Yoshi has enough with his secondary jump. Both Egg Throws are pretty good, but I prefer the Timed one imo.

Ultima 3

Smash Cadet
Neutral B
Egg Lay: Command Grab. Puts opponent into an egg behind you. Does 7%. The higher the opponents %, the longer they stay in the egg. Opponents take reduced damage when inside the egg. Egg will not move as it's attacked.
Lick: Jumps forward and shoots out tongue. Only the tip of the to tongue does damage. Does 10%. Cancels out small projectiles. KO move. Near the edge at 130%, in the centre at 160%.
Egg Launch: Command Grab. Puts opponent into an egg. Shoots them out behind you a long distance. Does 10%. Only in egg for a short amount of time. The higher the opponents %, the longer they stay in the egg.

Side B
Egg Roll: Rolls in a egg towards enemy. Does 4-9%. The faster you roll, the more damage you do. Can jump once when in the egg. When used in the air, will fall. Will do no damage until you touch the ground. Will bounce when you touch the ground after a jump or when used from the air. Travels past shield. Pressing B will get you out of the egg. KO move at 250%.
Heavy Egg Roll: Rolls in a slow moving egg towards enemy. 4-15%. The faster you roll, the more damage you do. Hitting an enemy resets your speed. Egg has super armour while rolling. Can jump once when in the egg. Doesn't jump very high. When used in the air drops immediately. Will do no damage until you touch the ground. Will bounce when it lands. Pressing B will get you out of the egg. Each hit does large shield damage. KO move at 120%.
Light Egg Roll: Bounces far in an egg. Does 1-12%. The closer the opponent is to the bounce arc, the more damage it will do. Grounded, bounces in a low arc. When used in the air, will fall. Will do no damage until you touch the ground. The higher you were in the air, the greater the arc when you bounce. Pressing B will get you out of the egg. Cancels out small projectiles during the bounce. KO move at 190%.

Up B
Egg Throw: Throws egg. Hits a maximum of 2 times. Egg itself does 1%. The egg break explosion does 5%. Maximum 6%. Explosion has a small blast radius. Shot can be angled a lot. When used in the air, rises you into the air. First use in the air ascends you into the air. Next 2 uses stalls your descent.
High Jump: Non-damaging. Jumps high into the air. Jumps higher when used in the air.
Timed Egg Throw: Throws egg. Tiny delay to throw. Egg itself does no damage and passes through opponents. Egg has slight pushback. Explodes at a set distance. Does 9%. Explosion has small blast radius. Shot can be angled a lot. When used in the air, rises you into the air. First use in the air ascends you into the air very slightly. Next 2 uses stalls your descent. KO move at 230%.

Down B
Yoshi Bomb: Grounded, hits a maximum of 2 times. First hit does 4%. Final hit does 15%. Maximum 19%. Jumps in the air then drops. In the air, stalls then drops. Does 12%. Shoots out stars on both sides when you land. Stars do 4%. Stars and drop cancel out small projectiles. KO move. Grounded at 120%. Aerial on the ground at 160%, in the air at 140%.
Star Bomb: Grounded, hits a maximum of 2 times. First hit does 3%. Final hit does 4%. Maximum 7%. Jumps into the air then drops. In the air, stalls then drops. Does 4%. Shoots out large stars on both sides when you land. Stars travel out medium distance. Does 4-8%. Stars decrease in size the further they go. Stars and drop cancel out small projectiles.
Crushing Bomb: Grounded, hits a maximum of 2 times. First hit does 5%. Final hit does 18%. Maximum 23%. Jumps very high into the air then drops. Stalls slightly before drop. In the air, stalls longer then drops. Does 18%. Does heavy shield damage. Cancels out projectiles when dropping. KO move. Grounded at 80%. Aerial on the ground at 90%, in the air at 80%.

Hmm....lick is surprisingly handy. If you don't care about the egg laying is the go-to. Things break out of Egg Launch too quickly for it to truely cause a problem. But it does get them off stage to mess with them...
Light egg roll covers ground fast, very good. Also good damage.
I find regular Egg Throw the best, or if you don't care about having a projectile, high jump.
Star Bomb basically gives you another projectile. Yoshi isn't Bowser, it doesn't need Crushing Bomb, when Yoshi Bomb does the trick

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Cancels out small projectiles
Btw, this is not a property of any given move, this is just how Smash's priority system works. Most projectiles have hitboxes and can be hit, akin to a clank between fighters. You can also do this in the air (even though air attacks otherwise cannot clank). For example, Yoshi's Nair can cancel out PK Thunder if he kicks the little ball.

Note that even large projectiles can be clanked if you hit hard enough. Your hitbox needs to deal the projectile's damage -9% (or higher) in order to clank.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I hate how Yoshi's side special is his worst move because it's always been one of my favorite moves of his. :/ They should've at least made it to where side special can hurt opponents when it's in the air.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I feel like this thread needs to be carefully reexamined by some of our more experienced players before we really develop a consensus. I've finally gotten around to testing all our custom moves more thoroughly, and while I think 1111 is still the preferable moveset overall, I can definitely see arguments for sneaking in the heavy egg roll and lick in certain MUs.

Timed eggs aren't great, the super jump is cool but not worth giving up eggs for, light egg roll is bad, the other tongue is bad, the star down-B is bad. The heavy down-B I can see arguments for as well, though it doesn't combo out of jab and is less reliable. But man, does it kill early.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
So, here's what I propose as 4 of Yoshi's primary custom movesets, since we've only got until late March to nail everything down for EVO and the current sets listed in @ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos 's thread are mostly random. Most of these will just be slight variants of default based on preference and match-ups. Honestly, you'll probably just want to use 1111 in 90% of your matches.

2213 - Lick, Heavy Egg Roll, Crushing Bomb
2111 - Lick only
1211 - Heavy Egg Roll Only
1113 - Crushing Bomb Only

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We'll be respecting the collective will of the mains of any character of course, and it's more like mid-March when we want to have this locked down. It's worth noting that adding those four to the project's current six makes 10 sets for Yoshi which would be a possible (but not the only possible) road we could take toward Yoshi's EVO sets.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Top10 sets for the Project is a very good choice because trasfering movesets can cause overwrites by accident..

and @ScarletJile a lot of Yoshis told the skype convo already that they prefer egg lay launch.
- it gives better positioning
- it can kill more often than one might think
- better frame data than the regular egg lay.. I think they nerfed the original without nerfing the respective custom.

so I wouldn't say 1111 90% of the time.

We need to carefully thing about what those Top10 sets may be.
Some paradigmata for the selection:
- We will never use another upB
- Crushing Bomb is terrible and doesn't have any real reward over standard. No one will probably use Star Bomb even though it's "ok"
- SideB is almost always useless so you can interchange it arbitrary
- All NeutralBs are good

So:

Mandatory are:

and because you might use any egg roll:

and for Star Bomb Lovers:

This would make 10.

Any objections?

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
It does without DI at least, but I don't know if you can DI out of it.

Egg launch is all right I guess... but I just can't see myself ever using except for MU specific gimmicks.

And I want to see someone actually use light egg roll to some kind of interesting effect before it gets put in any set...

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Agreed that there are only a few notable custom moves for yoshi. Default 1111 Yoshi is amazing enough already, but can benefit from neutral and side-b customs.

Star bombs takes away a kill move, while Crushing bomb is way too slow and requires that you make the hardest of reads to actually hit with. Default wins any day of the week.

High jump is a joke, it takes away Yoshi's zoning tool and forces him to play completely differently. Timed egg bomb can be argued as somewhat decent. It does more damage sure, but recovery is hindered to an extent where it becomes harder to get back to the stage. Default wins again.

That leaves only neutral and side-B really to be interchanged based on the matchup. Lick is alright as a kill move and with the boost it gives can be positive/negative for positioning. It is great if your opponent knows to mash out of egg lay and knows how to avoid any follow ups upon hatching. You could even try chasing people off stage with this custom, although pretty risky! Egg launch is useful for creating a positional advantage for Yoshi. While you do lose any Upsmash/Egg bomb/Uair opportunities with egg lay, you in turn may have put your opponent off stage and give yourself stage control. Most notably, this would affect characters with bad recoveries: Little Mac, Ganon, etc.

Default egg roll is easily one of Yoshi's least used moves (aside from input error lol). Light egg roll bounces skyward and can hit aerial opponents by surprise. It is quick and you can bounce different angles based on your air height so you can mix up how you use it. Less useful would be heavy egg which I would liken usage to that of the timed egg bomb. It has such a slow startup that your opponent can simply jump or walk away. It is pretty gimmicky with its super armor, but any opponent with half a brain will know to either just avoid it entirely or punish you from a distance.

In conclusion, I agree with Yikarur's suggestion (except for star bomb set).
Mandatory are:

and because you might use any egg roll:

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Well, if you are using egg launch to gimp someone like Ganon, it's probably safe to assume they're using Wizard Dropkick or the increased up-B range custom... so that plan is basically out the window. And you hardly need a custom move to gimp Little Mac. I'm skeptical it can kill much, but I agree we might as well use the custom neutral Bs in our mandatory sets, since what else are we going to use, lol.

Mostly agree with the sets Yikarur posted as well, but I really don't think crushing bomb is any more useless than star bomb. Risk/reward is what I'm all about as a Ganon player, so I can see the read potential. So I would modify it slightly to look like this:

Mandatory:

They See Me Rollin:

(Egg Launch, Crushing Bomb)

(Egg Launch, Star Bomb)

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Take note, this part here's a copied and pasted message! But please read it anyway:
As we begin to approach the deadline for creating 10 custom sets for each character, we believe it's time to make sure that your conversations are staying on track, and that we evaluate the progress of your discussions. As such, we have prepared a preliminary lineup of custom sets based on what your conversations have led to. Feel free to adjust and update this list as necessary. After all, we want each character to be brought to their best potential!

We are going to begin to create the finalized sets on March 17th, so make sure you conclude any discussion you're having by then.

Preliminary Custom Sets:
2111 3111 1211 1311 2211 2311 3211 3311 2113 3112

Man, I love it when people have the sets all written down and ready to go. Scarlet Jile's list will be the one to be used, for now. These combinations seem to be very complimentary to the different kinds of playstyles Yoshi may want to utilize, so as long as there's no dissenting opinion, I believe we're good to go here.
Yoshi:
Scarlet Jile's Proposed Sets: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-yoshi.380370/#post-18639743
2111 3111 1211 1311 2211 2311 3211 3311 2113 3112

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
After actually getting some experience in with customs, I think an important set that would benefit in a lot of matchups would be 3211. I tend to prefer Star Bomb, but there are some matchups where the stars aren't as useful (e.g., characters with reflectors or high mobility) and the kill power of default Yoshi Bomb would be very beneficial. That plus I just think Egg Launch and Light Egg Roll are both superior to their default variations.

wm1026

Smash Cadet
After actually getting some experience in with customs, I think an important set that would benefit in a lot of matchups would be 3211. I tend to prefer Star Bomb, but there are some matchups where the stars aren't as useful (e.g., characters with reflectors or high mobility) and the kill power of default Yoshi Bomb would be very beneficial. That plus I just think Egg Launch and Light Egg Roll are both superior to their default variations.
I agree with you mostly and I used to think light egg roll was superior to its default, but now that I have launched myself off stage a few times I'm starting to rethink it. I actually like heavy egg roll now. It's super armor is just a good think to have.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I agree with you mostly and I used to think light egg roll was superior to its default, but now that I have launched myself off stage a few times I'm starting to rethink it. I actually like heavy egg roll now. It's super armor is just a good think to have.
I dunno about that. The thing about light egg roll is that it's a pretty decent anti-air option, and the technical aspects of adjusting its jump arc make it super versatile. Plus, the fact that you escape out of the egg while keeping your momentum makes the move a lot harder to punish.

Heavy egg roll only works as a surprise attack or against moves with super-punishable ending lag (and you could just punish with a side smash, up smash, or dair anyway.) Because the move is so freaking slow, even if your opponent is Ganondorf, they can literally just run away from you and then punish your even longer ending lag.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Uh, Light Egg Roll is side-3, not side-2. Did you mix your numbers up making this post, or did you mean something different?

3211 and 3311 are both included in the current list at the moment anyway. Numbers seems to have them as sets 7 and 8 (order, for the moment, is arbitrary; we'll sort that out later).

wm1026

Smash Cadet
My only problem is if you accidentally use it while trying to use for example egg toss it usually shoots you off stage which wouldn't be so bad, but you just lost all your stage control. At least with the heavy'a super armor you won't take any knock back when you get punished. It is really slow moving like you said. It really just comes down to preference. I don't see any of yoshis customs as just amazing.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Uh, Light Egg Roll is side-3, not side-2. Did you mix your numbers up making this post, or did you mean something different?

3211 and 3311 are both included in the current list at the moment anyway. Numbers seems to have them as sets 7 and 8 (order, for the moment, is arbitrary; we'll sort that out later).
Whoops, that must have been my fault then. Sorry about that.

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
I honestly feel standard egg roll is the best, heavy and light are both very situational
Heavy egg roll does have super armor and can be very useful against certain projectiles (ex. King Dedede's Gordo)
Maybe Light Egg Roll could be used for punishes? I could see that being good against Robin or Jigglypuff
For neutral B, honestly 1 and 3 are good for punishing the enemy
Lick could be good for recovery ?
I don't use eggs that much so once I actually get Lick I'd have to try it out for myself

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I would like to see Crushing Bomb be represented better. It has its uses in certain match-ups, particularly against slow characters and characters with easily punishable moves.

It is currently only in one set, which also has Lick, which I think is his worst neutral-B custom. I also think that Star Bomb is completely inferior to his other two down-B's, so I would also opt to just get rid of that 10th set as well.

Ideally, I would like 4 different custom sets to incorporate his Crushing Bomb:

I'm pretty sure that no one is going to miss the two sets I mentioned before (which are also the "optional" sets), so the underlined can easily replace those. As for the other two, I would have them replace any sets with Heavy Egg Roll, which I think is worthless despite having super-armor. I'm not sure how well that'll fare with everyone else, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom