• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Marth

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
You guys seem to like custom up+Bs

i run 3113 or 3111 if i ever do custom marth but DA is weird to get used to, i wish it plowed through projectiles like luigi's fireball. i think i still prefer just regular marth.

i'd love to practice reaping benefits from CS but every time i try to use it i botch my recovery lol.
plus i love the stage spiking property of DS. which is good vs villager imo. i have more luck stage spiking villager than trying to fair him into the blastzone or something

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dashing assault dies to strong horizontal projectiles so yeah don't use it in those match-ups or only use it to create land traps in those match-ups and not to penetrate zones.

@ Langston777 Langston777 I see a melee Marth avatar under your name. Meaning you been using Dolphin Slash since Melee. Thats...not a short amount of time. Crescent Slash has been around for about 6 months.

Do you understand what I'm getting at? Give it time. Yes you will **** up your recovery at first. After about 2 weeks it won't happen anymore.

Last edited:

Christian Anderson

Smash Cadet
Personally i tend to use heavy blade as an edgegaurd like how you would the melee shield breaker and dashing assault as a recovery tool. In a way the side b and neutral b have switched roles in smash 4.

Airei

Smash Rookie
NNID
Night_Dragon621
Crescent Slash (Up Special 2) is the best for up special IMHO. Gives Marth access to his only true combo after a forward throw, better horizontal distance, stronger sweetspot, and a decent kill move at ~85%. The bad thing is the poor vertical recovery, and that the angle prevents it from sliding up ledges.

Top Bottom